Photo

Contact information for Henri Pescarolo

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Maj William Brown

Maj William Brown

• 9 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 09:03

I absolutely adore anything / everything about the great French ace Henri Pescarolo.  He was a fine F-1 and F-2 driver, but really excelled in sports cars.  I feel he was capable of driving to the limit without breaking cars, as evidenced by how many races he won.  He was also smart enough to get co-drivers that shared his mechanical sympathy with the car, knowing they had to be around at the end in order to have a chance of winning a race outright after 12-24 hours. 

I am trying to write to him to get permission to send the acrylic tops to a couple of 1/32nd scale slot cars to him to autograph, but can't find a good mailing address.  His team is now closed down and his website isn't working; least can't get a response in order to ask the question for permission to send them.  I'll of course send the money along to pay for their return shipment to me.  If anyone can help, I'd be indebted since he is truly one of the greats. 

I have quite a few of his models bought over the years and never tire of reading about his marvelous career.  I wish racing had treated him and his team a bit better over the last few decades.  I keep him in my prayers, as well, due to his stroke he had many years ago.  Like his cars, he struggles on and shows courage and class; a man's-man for sure. 

My email address is:    williamibrown53@yahoo.com.  

Would be great to have Henri write me directly.  I have a computer program that translates French to English, so no problem there. 

Cheers!  Major William Brown in Virginia, USA  

PS: my grandfather 8 generations ago was from the Lorraine area of France and was a French surgeon in Gen. Rochambeau's Army that fought at the Battle of Yorktown, Virginia, in 1781. :clap:

Edited by Maj William Brown, 09 January 2016 - 09:06.