Photo

NEW GAME: Penalty Competition

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Marklar

Marklar

• 44,257 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 22:54

Hey folks! During the last couple of days - inspired by the departure of the wreckfull great Pastor Maldonado - I came up with a new game idea! Suggestions for improvements would be much appreciated!

Game concept

Every player can allocate 10 points to the drivers for each race weekend. He can place all his points on one driver, but can also give up to 10 drivers per weekend points. Fractions (e.g. 2.5, 4.25, 6.33) are not allowed. These points will be multiplied then with the penalties the drivers got awarded during the race weekend (see the table below) and the value of the driver. The target is to score as many points as possible

Penalty Points

Important note: Gearbox and engine penalties will NOT count. The breach of the parc ferme rules and a DSQ based on technical infringements neither. But every other driver penalty, even if it wasn't self-inflicted by the driver.

Points | Penalty
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1      | Fines     
2      | Reprimands, 2-places-grid-penalty
3      | 3-places-grid-penalty
5      | 5-places-grid-penalty, 5-seconds-penalty
10     | 10-places-grid-penalty, 10-seconds-penalty
20     | 20-places-grid-penalty, 20-seconds-penalty, Drive-Through-Penalty
30     | 30-seconds-penalty, Stop-and-go-penalty, Quali DSQ
50     | Race DSQ/ban
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Should the FIA (and I'm sure they will) come up with a grid/time penalty which is not listed in this table, the same logic will apply as with the penalties above (e.g. 4-places-grid-penalty = 4 points).

Driver value

The driver value is based on the penalties the driver got awarded in the last 12 months. The start value is 10. For every race without a penalty the value increases by 1 point. If the driver gets a penalty his value will decrease by the amount of penalty points he got for this race devided by 10 (e.g. a 10-seconds-penalty would decrease the driver's value by 1 point). The values will be rounded in the end. The value can not fall under 1 point.

In this case the driver values for the 2016 Australian GP would be...

Ricciardo  28
Button     27
Rosberg    26
Nasr       26
Hamilton   25
Vettel     25
Massa      25
Grosjean   24
Ericsson   24
Kvyat      23
Hulkenberg 22
Perez      22
Alonso     21
Raikkonen  18
Bottas     17
Verstappen 16
Sainz      15
Gutierrez  10
Wehrlein   10
Palmer     10
Magnussen  10
Haryanto   10

Example

Before the 2015 Hungarian GP the player choosed the following drivers

Verstappen 3

Maldonado 3

Sainz 2

Rosberg 2

The drivers had the following values

Verstappen 17

Maldonado 13

Sainz 11

Rosberg 25

During the race weekend these drivers got the following penalties

Verstappen

• Drive Through Penalty -> 20 points

Maldonado

• 10-seconds-penalty -> 10 points

Sainz

• Fine -> 1 point
  • Fine -> 1 point

Rosberg

• no penalty

The player scored the following points

Verstappen: 3x20x17 = 1020 points
Maldonado: 3x50x13 = 1950 points
Sainz:           2x2x11  =     44 points

Rosberg       2x0x25  =       0 points 
--------------------------------------------
                                    3014 points

The deadline to make changes would be the start of the 1st practice of each race weekend. If you don't submit a new entry your most latest entry would count. Should a driver get dropped from F1 your points wont be transfered to his replacement, so in this case you should update your entry. Unless a driver change is happening during the race weekend (i.e. after the deadline).

I'm also eying to bring gillymuse's (unfortunately not active anymore) Guess the Winning Time game back for the new season. Rules would remain pretty much the same.

I'd be happy to get some feedback: whether you think that this game would be a good idea...or a daft idea. If anyone is interested? And if you think that we should give it a shot I would like to hear some suggestions to improve this game(if needed!). Also ask if some clarifications are needed to be add.

Edited by Marklar, 29 February 2016 - 09:53.

Advertisement

#2 sportyskells

sportyskells

• 4,807 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 09:31

at least we be able to track who the bad boy this way. so no issues on that.

#3 Barty

Barty

• 2,092 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:19

Sounds interesting, I would take part.

#4 M2000-5

M2000-5

• 4,241 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 14:41

Count me in too.

Mat

#5 Jimisgod

Jimisgod

• 4,954 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 03:12

What happens if there's a race ban?

#6 Marklar

Marklar

• 44,257 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:29

That would count as a race DSQ.

Important to note though that the penalties will count for that race where you 'broke the rules'. For example Verstappens grid penalty for the Canadian GP would count into the Monaco GP because he got the penalty in that race

Edited by Marklar, 29 February 2016 - 06:39.