Photo
- - - - -

GP Austria 2016 my first live experience any recommendations?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 katmen

katmen

• 822 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 20:59

finally after more than 20 years of dry  F1 seeing I will be at the GP venue in person. I am exited and seeking for valuable recommendation.

I will go only  sunday on general admission ticket € 98 + p+p.

Maybe this post could be helpfull for others or we can arrange possible meet up with other forumers.

Advertisement

#2 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,048 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 21:31

Great stuff Katmen. You'll have a great time. !! I went in 86 and 97. Talk about 2 different experiences. Wow !! May I suggest the outside of Rindt corner just before turn in. You'll see the entry and some hot cheese tyres screaming for their lives. Enjoy

#3 katmen

katmen

• 822 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 21:39

Great stuff Katmen. You'll have a great time. !! I went in 86 and 97. Talk about 2 different experiences. Wow !! May I suggest the outside of Rindt corner just before turn in. You'll see the entry and some hot cheese tyres screaming for their lives. Enjoy

you are spot on :up: , I am planning to be there

are you able to read in my head :drunk:   

#4 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,048 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 22:08

No just a savvy race fan. Like you are.

#5 V8 Fireworks

V8 Fireworks

• 10,824 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 22:17

Edited by V8 Fireworks, 19 February 2016 - 22:18.

#6 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 44,048 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 23:04

Nice post V8

#7 Imperial

Imperial

• 4,820 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 12:43

Make sure you make yourself aware when you're walking on the old circuit.

It 'starts' where the F1 Village is (aka the main merchandise/food bit is), but is also accessible if you are heading into general admission to the left (when facing the entrance). It takes you up the (long) hill and to the back of the circuit. It's nice to know you're treading where racing used to be.

And beware the weather! Austria can deliver Austria an absolute ton of rain at short notice, so shove a poncho in your backpack full of food and drink, but also in 2014 we got absolutely burnt to death, I think it was in the high 30s, no wind, no clouds. So beware that too.

#8 katmen

katmen

• 822 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 13:08

Make sure you make yourself aware when you're walking on the old circuit.

It 'starts' where the F1 Village is (aka the main merchandise/food bit is), but is also accessible if you are heading into general admission to the left (when facing the entrance). It takes you up the (long) hill and to the back of the circuit. It's nice to know you're treading where racing used to be.

And beware the weather! Austria can deliver Austria an absolute ton of rain at short notice, so shove a poncho in your backpack full of food and drink, but also in 2014 we got absolutely burnt to death, I think it was in the high 30s, no wind, no clouds. So beware that too.

Great info, I am aware of weather I live  in 300 km distance and was in Austria numerous time, Big Thanks

#9 Otaku

Otaku

• 1,715 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 20:45

Don't bring earplugs!

#10 MauricioNP

MauricioNP

• 16 posts

Posted 13 March 2016 - 03:35

I will try to help you with some tips:

- Preparing your back pack:

* sunscreen

* rain coat (or poncho) 

* Ear plugs ( V6 Turbo doesn't demand this device... But it's always a good ideia to have some units available... You can buy earplugs there)

* cellphone or tablet with F1 app (this is really cool!!) you can see what is happening all around the track... 

* In Canada and in Brazil you can buy FM radios to listen local stations with informations and live transmissions of Qualify and Race. I think that you will find the same type of equipment in Austria. If your cellphone have FM app, don't waste your money acquiring those devices. An iPod can be an alternative, if you want to keep cellphone or tablet running F1 App. 

* if you think about taking some pictures there, specially  F1 cars, don't expect to use cellphone camera. Good pictures come from good cameras. So, if you want good pictures, I recommend to include a camera in the check list. 

* plastic bag to cover your backpack in case of rain. Yes, this could sound like a stupid advise.. I know.. In 2003, during Brazilian Grand Prix, I saw that backpacks use to absorbs water like a sponge...LOL So, be prepared in case of rain. 

#11 Elizabethsfl

Elizabethsfl

• 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 08:02

I am going to the Austrian GP too! Looking for someone to go with!!
But I am getting a redbull grandstand ticket, anyone???

#12 Elizabethsfl

Elizabethsfl

• 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 08:02

I am going to the Austrian GP too! Looking for someone to go with!!
But I am getting a redbull grandstand ticket, anyone???

#13 Hati

Hati

• 6,896 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 20:27

Newer been in Austria but from two trips to Italy couple of things to consider:

- Try to find a place with TV screen, it shows what happens in other parts of track and what the running order is.

- Take disposable raincoat with you even if there is no chance of rain, it can be used as sitting cover and thrown away after use.

- If it's hot and sunny remember to bring water with you (and there are probably merchants that sell a cap of your favourite team).

#14 Pauillac

Pauillac

• 123 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:34

Nice, I will be there as well. I'm on the Red Bull grandstand.

Never been to the Austrian GP before. How are the logistics up and around the track? Is it easy to park there?

#15 RvW

RvW

• 1 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 17:14

HI fellow fan's,

Also for me it is the first time that I visit the Austrian GrandPrix, after I visit several times Spa Belgium, Hockenheim, Nurburgring and once Monza.

I am staying at a camping near Klagenfurt and traveling each day by car to the Redbullring. Can someone tell me what opportunities I have for parking my car, can I park nearby or do I have to walk several km's?

Greetings René

Holland