Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:22

really hope Kubica perform well,and soon go to top team. what a beautiful story

Advertisement

#2102 tghik

tghik

• 2,408 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 04:37

Williams team was contacted again and asked about the latest rumours:

"It’s all rumour. If we had decided on a driver we would announce it," said a team spokesperson, "the Polish media are going into overdrive but unless we officially announce something it isn’t true."

There is a chance of having him signed before the GP of Abu Dhabi (especially if Williams get the confirmation from other candidates that they are not bringing in money backers, or the amount they can secure is not that big), but the probability of signing him after the Pirelli test is much higher. Lowe wants to use this test because it is available to him, without the risk or possibility of losing Robert to another team. Not only that, this will provide Paddy with a look at how RK handles new generation of cars for the first time. I'm sure he'd like to race test him in the last race of the season, which is an optimal test, but with Massa and Stroll both refusing to lease their seat, he can only wait for Pirelli test. If there is one element that would point to the fact that the announcement would happen at the Grand Prix is the PR effect factor, but I would still lean toward the available test more than PR.

keep calm a bit longer  ;)

Edited by tghik, 21 November 2017 - 04:41.

#2103 Domi

Domi

• 1,811 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 06:17

Of course they say nothing is signed. What do you expect ? You will go to them, ask and they will confirm ? lol

Too many sources already provided info about signed contract. It's done deal

#2104 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 4,763 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 07:10

Fingers crossed.

I think when we get a spy shot of RK in Williams polo and cap, they will say he is just a fan, and bought it on the winter sale;)

#2105 MaGiK

MaGiK

• 755 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:00

Why they are talking about polish media when it came from RTL :-P
Anyway, now even their denials arent really convincing.
They went from "comepletly untrue" to "its not true untill its official" ;-)

#2106 lion55

lion55

• 51 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:14

I met him once at a rally event. He was very antipathic, even to the fans. I hope he will grew up and mature soon, now he is offered a f1 seat, because I don't think he is deserving so much love with such an attitude.

Edited by lion55, 21 November 2017 - 08:18.

#2107 thuGG

thuGG

• 2,177 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:25

I met him once at a rally event. He was very antipathic, even to the fans. I hope he will grew up and mature soon, now he is offered a f1 seat, because I don't think he is deserving so much love with such an attitude.

1. Do you think drivers are chosen based on their nice personality?

2. I red many stories how friendly and welcoming he was with the fans. I think he is just a human being with a huge fanbase, can't imagine being a nice guy at every second of your life.

#2108 Dalton007

Dalton007

• 7,130 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:39

Perhaps Frank Williams (I'm sure he is still involved in the decision making) sees Kubica in himself, the sacrifices, the courage to overcome the obstacles.  :up:

#2109 lion55

lion55

• 51 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:40

1' I am only speaking of the massive love he is getting from people (which I find underserved because he isn't nice in return) +false image media are creating
2, can you have links to your stories ? Never heard such things. All people i talked with who met him agreed with me.

Edited by lion55, 21 November 2017 - 08:41.

#2110 thuGG

thuGG

• 2,177 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:42

1. Did you ever think he is getting this love because of his driving? Because there are millions of his fans, and maybe some 0.0001 actually met him.

2. Yep, I store every link, every post, and evey article in my magic box. Then with a magic word I can bring back all of them and post it here at your command...

Edited by thuGG, 21 November 2017 - 08:44.

#2111 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 4,763 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:56

1' I am only speaking of the massive love he is getting from people (which I find underserved because he isn't nice in return) +false image media are creating
2, can you have links to your stories ? Never heard such things. All people i talked with who met him agreed with me.

From personal experience I can say Robert is a very friendly towards fans - if approached in a respectfull way, at the right time. Or rather not approached at the wrong time. I mean not jumped at when he is in the middle of, say, changing a wheel in his car. I'm not saying you did that, but that's the way he his, and I don't blame him for that. Why would I?

There is a video, when he is standing near his citroen DS3 RRC, waiting in the line before a SS I think, and explaining to random fans how to attack corners in a rally car. Explaining that it is better to enter slower to have a better exit, not the other way around, while a fan is not really convinced that's correct. He is awesome to talk to about motorsport.

Edited by MadYarpen, 21 November 2017 - 08:57.

#2112 lion55

lion55

• 51 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 08:59

His past driving you mean ?
Because we didn't see anything of his actual driving with a f1 car.
And I don't think he had millions of fans in his first f1 career. a lot of his fans came after his rally crash thanks to the glamorous story media made of it.

Edited by lion55, 21 November 2017 - 08:59.

#2113 lion55

lion55

• 51 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:02

From personal experience I can say Robert is a very friendly towards fans - if approached in a respectfull way, at the right time. Or rather not approached at the wrong time. I mean not jumped at when he is in the middle of, say, changing a wheel in his car. I'm not saying you did that, but that's the way he his, and I don't blame him for that. Why would I?

We didn't do anything wrong. He just ignored us with a very arrogant look and pushed a young fan who was asking an autograph.

#2114 thuGG

thuGG

• 2,177 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:05

His past driving you mean ?
Because we didn't see anything of his actual driving with a f1 car.
And I don't think he had millions of fans in his first f1 career. a lot of his fans came after his rally crash thanks to the glamorous story media made of it.

In Poland only there were like 4 milion people watching F1 because of him. I don't know how much liked him around the world. 

#2115 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 4,763 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:24

We didn't do anything wrong. He just ignored us with a very arrogant look and pushed a young fan who was asking an autograph.

I believe it happened, it is a shame. Just as I said, my personal experience is different, so he is not all bad;)

#2116 cravenciak

cravenciak

• 1,107 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:25

Where? :)

#2117 372kph

372kph

• 182 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:27

I don't know Robert enough to argue but you might have got the wrong impression, I had just the opposite one, I've met him once when he was little known outside motorsport driving in Renault 3.5 series and I was very surprised 2 years later at the rally that I was participating, preparing at the SS start I saw a guy in a hood waving and showing thumbs up.. at after closer look I noticed it was Kubica. And he was already a F1 star and I was basically nobody. Another thing is that when you compete there is a lot going on, there is focus and stress and sometimes you are in your own world and not even notice people or can't be distracted. It happened to me being rude to spectators, officials or even police, I had to apologize couple of times after the rally as well. Motorsport is beautiful but it's not a walk in the park, it does require 100% focus to do it well and not hurt yourself on anyone else. Anyways, just maybe don't be so hard on him, give the guy a chance   ;)

Edited by 372kph, 21 November 2017 - 09:30.

#2118 WilliamsF1Fan

WilliamsF1Fan

• 1,411 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:39

Williams once again denying any deal has been done

https://www.motorspo...al-done-980999/

#2119 thegamer23

thegamer23

• 18,997 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:40

DMmrmXhWAAAzyOq.jpg

Never gets old!
King Robert is marching torwards Ensone's gates.

Edited by thegamer23, 21 November 2017 - 09:40.

Advertisement

#2120 David Lightman

David Lightman

• 1,427 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:40

So you've never had a bad day?

#2121 PiperPa42

PiperPa42

• 6,041 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:44

It must be a fulltime job at Williams answering questions about Kubica at the moment.

#2122 thuGG

thuGG

• 2,177 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:47

What did you expect?:

journo: "Hey Williams, did you sign Kubica? Because rumours say so."

Williams: "Yes. I guess it's official then."

#2123 WilliamsF1Fan

WilliamsF1Fan

• 1,411 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 09:55

What did you expect?:

journo: "Hey Williams, did you sign Kubica? Because rumours say so."

Williams: "Yes. I guess it's official then."

I am just putting out there, not commenting either way so please do not go making assumptions that I expect the team to just announce their driver in a throw away comment.  This is the latest piece of 'news' so I just posted it.  Nothing more, nothing less.  

#2124 thuGG

thuGG

• 2,177 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:01

Ok, sorry.

#2125 WilliamsF1Fan

WilliamsF1Fan

• 1,411 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:03

Ok, sorry.

No problem.  Believe me, as a fan of Williams I want to see Kubica in the FW41 as much as any Kubica fan.  Just hoping it works out for both parties!

#2126 cravenciak

cravenciak

• 1,107 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:13

Benson:

Williams say: Although conversations are ongoing with Kubica, it is still yet to be finally decided who will replace Massa

Sounds like it's done but they don't want to announce it yet. There's no single picture with Robert wearing Williams clothing, all news around the world screaming "Kubica back in F1 with Williams" would contain Robert in Renault's clothes... They have to prepare an event during Abu Dhabi GP or just take a moment during tyre tests to make a proper photoshoot.

Edited by cravenciak, 21 November 2017 - 10:14.

#2127 wingwalker

wingwalker

• 7,238 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:18

I don't think they would be doing anything during the GP weekend in that regard. Taking a few pictures against a white wall with Williams logo in a garage during the tyre tests is far more likely.

That's assuming the rumours are true.

#2128 MadYarpen

MadYarpen

• 4,763 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:22

We need to borrow the swingometer from McL preseason thread :lol:

#2129 cravenciak

cravenciak

• 1,107 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 10:53

GARY ANDERSON gives 6 reasons Williams must sign Kubica for 2018, + answers your #F1 questions on Renault's FIA hire, Mercedes design ideas, Ferrari's quit threat & more:

https://www.autospor...-to-sign-kubica

#2130 milestone 11

milestone 11

• 18,223 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:04

One side is telling porkies, you choose. :drunk:

#2131 cravenciak

cravenciak

• 1,107 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:23

https://www.facebook...51882564904700/

0:30

#2132 372kph

372kph

• 182 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 11:24

GARY ANDERSON gives 6 reasons Williams must sign Kubica for 2018, + answers your #F1 questions on Renault's FIA hire, Mercedes design ideas, Ferrari's quit threat & more:

https://www.autospor...-to-sign-kubica

very sensible, all the arguments we talked about here

1 He showed in the past that he has the speed, understanding and commitment to thrive in Formula 1.

2 He was at the top of his game when he had his rally accident in 2011, so knows what it takes to get there - and, more importantly, what it will take to get back there.

3 He will now be more determined and committed than anyone to show that he has made a full recovery from his life-threatening injuries and has lost none of his natural talent.

4 He is a very sensible individual and would not be putting himself up there to be shot at if he didn't think he was capable of achieving his own, and the team's, objectives.

5 It would be a great story for Williams and for Formula 1 in general.

6 If for any reason it doesn't work (which it will) there will always be drivers out there queuing up for the drive.

Edited by 372kph, 21 November 2017 - 11:26.

#2133 Quickshifter

Quickshifter

• 6,076 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:11

Mark Hughes is saying 98% done, it is all about dotting the i's and crossing the t's.

Terrific news for F1 in general :up:

#2134 Gemini

Gemini

• 3,837 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:43

https://www.autospor...ubica-deal-done

looks to me like Kubica's side is doing some controlled leaks to make Williams to speed up official confirmation but the team resist to do that

Edited by Gemini, 21 November 2017 - 12:49.

#2135 Brian60

Brian60

• 640 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 12:53

I think that his manager and support team are really fighting his corner in the media, even to releasing unfounded rumours. At the end of the day any rumour whether true or not keeps his name on the pages of the media, so for his team to say its a done deal (true or not) in that media is just a nail in the coffins of other potential drivers and twisting the arms of the Williams team to sign him. Its just a shame that is the way business is done today, what happened to the 'gentlemens agreement' of yesteryear?

#2136 tghik

tghik

• 2,408 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 13:02

I don't think it's done on purpose, I mean controlled leaks, it's rather everybody's (almost) excited and they want to be first to bring the good news

#2137 Clatter

Clatter

• 45,522 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 13:04

https://www.autospor...ubica-deal-done

looks to me like Kubica's side is doing some controlled leaks to make Williams to speed up official confirmation but the team resist to do that

And what would the point of that be? If the contract has been signed it makes no difference when the announcement is made.

#2138 cravenciak

cravenciak

• 1,107 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 13:26

Maybe Kubica's sponsors want to milk the story as soon as possible? Dude you're so closed minded...

#2139 messy

messy

• 7,879 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 13:30

All this back and forth "nothing signed yet" etc is kind of pointless really. At very least this now looks very likely to be on. 

Now it's down to Williams, I doubt they'll allow themselves to be bullied into announcing anything prematurely. 

Advertisement

#2140 tghik

tghik

• 2,408 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 13:36

Correct me if I'm wrong but if the deal was signed they would want to profit from all the journos present at GP and take the bath in the big PR swirl it would create

#2141 amedeofelix

amedeofelix

• 915 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 13:38

Correct me if I'm wrong but if the deal was signed they would want to profit from all the journos present at GP and take the bath in the big PR swirl it would create

Race hasn't happened yet has it?

#2142 MaxCrazyEddieCayer

MaxCrazyEddieCayer

• 458 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 13:38

Did Eddie “ broken clock “ Jordan said anything yet ?

All joking aside, it’s great news if true. I always liked Robert, even if in the beginning I was sort of pissed that he took Jacques’s seat at bmw, but got over that pretty fast. I was there the day he won his only Grand Prix. It was a very festive atmosphere at the track. I remember a lot of high spirited poles going crazy !

#2143 wingwalker

wingwalker

• 7,238 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 13:41

I very much doubts this is some weird PR game between "RK camp" and Williams. I find it unlikely all the rumours are BS because of various sources saying essentially the same thing and both Williams spoke person and those rumours can be correct for the most part if the deal was indeed done that RK will be driving for Williams, but the details oif it still need to be iron out before the contract is set in stone, and only after that there's going to be an official announcement.

#2144 PedroDiCasttro

PedroDiCasttro

• 2,664 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 13:44

Not just that, but Liberty would want to bask in all that PR as well. To announce it during the GP would benefit everyone.

#2145 Gemini

Gemini

• 3,837 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 14:03

And what would the point of that be? If the contract has been signed it makes no difference when the announcement is made.

My guess the contract is not signed yet, as there are either

(a) some last details to be sorted out

(b) Williams is delaying the ink on the contract, as they wait for other candidate to come up with big money

It's risky move as this can make Williams angry, but I guess RK's team know they reach the limits of what they can deliver, so further waiting game is not good for them.

I doubt there is any PR tactics involved with that. The longer this story bounces back and forth in media the less potential it carries. The leak is probably forced by one side being ready to sign and other side delayin the ink on the contract.

Edited by Gemini, 21 November 2017 - 14:06.

#2146 pdac

pdac

• 18,080 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 14:14

My guess the contract is not signed yet, as there are either

(a) some last details to be sorted out

(b) Williams is delaying the ink on the contract, as they wait for other candidate to come up with big money

It's risky move as this can make Williams angry, but I guess RK's team know they reach the limits of what they can deliver, so further waiting game is not good for them.

I doubt there is any PR tactics involved with that. The longer this story bounces back and forth in media the less potential it carries. The leak is probably forced by one side being ready to sign and other side delayin the ink on the contract.

People often talk about how "the contract is already signed". In practice, I think it's more "terms have been agreed" and the actual contracts either need to be drawn up or need to be scrutinised by each sides lawyers before they can actually be signed. I suspect that's what is is going on here.

#2147 PedroDiCasttro

PedroDiCasttro

• 2,664 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 14:20

Anyway, I have a feeling we'll have something this weekend. What it's going to be, I have no idea.

#2148 wingwalker

wingwalker

• 7,238 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 14:24

Anyway, I have a feeling we'll have something this weekend. What it's going to be, I have no idea.

A race?

#2149 Anja

Anja

• 11,014 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 14:45

There's a race this weekend?

#2150 MustangSally

MustangSally

• 1,151 posts

Posted 21 November 2017 - 15:39

There's a race this weekend?

It's rumoured. It hasn't been officially denied and a Williams spokesperson said, 'plans to visit Abu Dhabi this weekend are ongoing as part of our due diligence.' It is understood the team may wait until after the results to decide whether they were actually 'at the races'.