Photo

Longford Motor Racing Association - badge

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pmurray

pmurray

• 41 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:30

With the very recent posts about Rice Trailers and the Longford track I thought I'd ask whether anyone has an Longford Motor Racing Association (LMRA) badge - a hi-res image or even better an old badge in good condition that they would sell to me.

In the "Longford: the Reims of the South Pacific" post the photos of Mills Bates' Elite at post #667 and my post at #671, especially the latter, show a circular badge in front of the Lotus bonnet badge.

http://forums.autosp...pacific/page-14

I'll confess I haven't searched recently but when I was actively trying to trace the ownership history of Bates' Elite circa 2000 - 2009 I found little information about LMRA.

Advertisement

#2 cooper997

cooper997

• 3,871 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:08

Peter, it's hard to tell from the Kevin Drage photo you posted, but I wouldn't be putting all your eggs in one basket on that being an LMRA badge. It could be a Light Car Club of Tasmania badge.

If it was a Hobart Sporting Car Club or 500 Car Club of Tas I could show you quickly. But it will take a bit of scratching to find an LCCT badge or logo. Perhaps ellosso has a contact that can point you in the right direction?

Stephen

#3 cooper997

cooper997

• 3,871 posts

Posted 19 January 2018 - 10:26

I should have googled before making the first reply.

http://lcct.com.au/

Stephen

#4 pmurray

pmurray

• 41 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 21:43

I have cropped the badges from a hi-res image of the Drage transparency and have had one suggestion from cooper997 as to the composition of the badge.

Any other suggestions?  I should add that the image can be magnified but only once or twice before pixellation sets in.

1049_Drage_35mm.jpg

Edited by pmurray, 22 April 2018 - 00:21.

#5 cooper997

cooper997

• 3,871 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 01:19

Having thought about this subject a little more, it made me have a think (then look) for an LMRA logo. There was no defining memory of seeing such a logo. The obvious place is the programmes, but even then I haven't spotted a logo. A small number of Tasmanian Motorist magazine was no help either, even though one issue has car club news with logos for the 500 Car Club and Hobart SCC.

I then scratched through some Winser Motor Sporting annuals and best I can currently find is what follows from the 1964-65 edition and I have to say that despite there being other car club logos also published in this same edition (that I am familiar with), I'm yet to be convinced it is an official LMRA logo.

Longford_Winser_annual_TNF.jpg

Someone such as Rob Saward, Ellis French or Andrew Lamont may well have official LMRA letterhead.to help solve whether an LMRA logo even existed.

Stephen