Hotel for Spa

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Mosquito

Mosquito

• 12,405 posts

Posted 15 June 2001 - 21:46

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a hotel for this year's Belgium GP. Does anyone know a decent hotel? Easy travel from and to the circuit (public trans.) preferred and it would be could if it would be somewhere around where the best parties can be found at Saturday ;)

It doesn't have to be cheap, but also not too outrageous.

BTW: Is there also a standard ~hang-out~ for Atlas F1 members???? :)

Thanks in advance

Advertisement

#2 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 39,771 posts

Posted 08 July 2001 - 10:09

I hope so because myself and Brother Fox will be there too.

#3 flyboy

flyboy

• 387 posts

Posted 10 July 2001 - 00:01

Good luck on a hotel nearby. I tried last year to find one and ended up staying in Genk, about 1 1/2 hours to the northwest. Many of the tours stay in Brussels and bus in each day, but that is even further. You might try some of the tour operators. Sometimes they have extra rooms and will sell "room only". You will enjoy the race, it is a great track!

#4 UMSLtifosi

UMSLtifosi

• 111 posts

Posted 11 July 2001 - 16:07

I can't speak for hotels, but if you're up to camping, I definitely recommend it. I went in 99, and there's a campsite about 500 meters from La Source, and it's cheap, relatively clean, and a great atmosphere.

Enjoy the race.

UMSLtifosi

#5 Mosquito

Mosquito

• 12,405 posts

Posted 12 July 2001 - 09:38

Ok, thanks for the comments people. I am aiming for a hotel (luxuary is more and more becoming a part of my life;)), but a good old camping might also do the trick, some happy boy-scout camping fire, hmmm :)

#6 Andy H

Andy H

• 109 posts

Posted 12 July 2001 - 11:37

try http://www.justtickets.co.uk

they do room only accomodation.

if they have none try for hotels in Liege (c25 miles away) - use Travelocity or similar to search by city

#7 Mosquito

Mosquito

• 12,405 posts

Posted 12 July 2001 - 12:46

Ok, it's final :evil: No hotels anywhere near available, of course, prolly have to reserve 2 YEARS in advance if I have to believe all hotel owners and tourist information agencies. :lol:

Well, I'm gonna settle for a camping in the Franchorchamps village itself, Malmedy and Stavelot campings are very good, but too far a walk anyway.

So, it's gonna be bust or nothing with the tent and a crate of beer then. :)

#8 MarkC

MarkC

• 24 posts

Posted 12 July 2001 - 17:19

Does anyone know if you have to make a reservation for any of the campsites around Spa - or can you just turn up on the Thursday and get a spot?

Thanks

#9 Mosquito

Mosquito

• 12,405 posts

Posted 12 July 2001 - 18:06

Originally posted by MarkC
Does anyone know if you have to make a reservation for any of the campsites around Spa - or can you just turn up on the Thursday and get a spot?

Thanks

There are camping sites that do take reservations, but some of them don't since they know there's a lot of people not showing up anyway or goign some place else.

And there will be ~temporary~ campings set up around the track (mostly I think around Franchorchamps itself) on farmers land or stuff like that, not 100% sure, but you can drop in and just get a place. If you're an early bird on thursday, there should be no problem whatsoever.

My problem is that I can't make it before Friday evening or perhaps eben Saturday morning early. :(

Chances are I have to sleep in the woods. :)

#10 MarkC

MarkC

• 24 posts

Posted 12 July 2001 - 21:05

Thanks alot - now lets hope for good weather all that weekend, I don't want another Silverstone 2000!

#11 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 39,771 posts

Posted 17 July 2001 - 03:43

plenty of room left in Malmedy!! That's where we're staying.

#12 Mosquito

Mosquito

• 12,405 posts

Posted 17 July 2001 - 09:02

Originally posted by Alfisti
plenty of room left in Malmedy!! That's where we're staying.

Agreed, but that's a pretty long walk from Malmedy to La Source. And I AM a lazy bastard, and the best Saturday parties and boozing is at Franchorchamps. :)

How about an Atlas camp in Franchorchamps?

#13 Alfisti

Alfisti

• 39,771 posts

Posted 17 July 2001 - 10:53

I'd be intersted but where do you leave your luggage? Plus I am only going Sunday.

#14 Niraj

Niraj

• 504 posts

Posted 17 July 2001 - 23:12

Originally posted by Mosquito
How about an Atlas camp in Franchorchamps?

Sounds like a very good idea to me.....would all those going to Spa this year make themselves known ,and maybe we can work something out??

Would be nice to put a face to all these names....

Niraj

#15 Frans

Frans

• 8,753 posts

Posted 19 July 2001 - 12:26

:cool: Spa is DaShit man!

I'll be there. At the race at least!

Hope to see some of ya then...

are there plans for an Spa - Atlasf1 Paddock Club event? :smoking:

#16 pUs

pUs

• 2,965 posts

Posted 23 July 2001 - 08:49

Do you guys have any clue on how you should do if camping is the choice? Just showing up early and hope to get a space somewhere, or what's your suggestion?

#17 Mosquito

Mosquito

• 12,405 posts

Posted 23 July 2001 - 10:00

Originally posted by pUs
Do you guys have any clue on how you should do if camping is the choice? Just showing up early and hope to get a space somewhere, or what's your suggestion?

That would be my suggestion.

Depends on where you stay. At Malmedy and Stavelot there are some campings where it's a bit less crowded and where you could make reservations. They are a longer walk though depending on where you are on the circuit.

#18 SchuMic

SchuMic

• 4,066 posts

Posted 10 August 2001 - 12:05

Originally posted by MarkC

Thanks

Depends of the camping site: if it is a permanent camping site, yes you can do reservation.

If it is not a permanent one, just go there and find a spot.