Photo

Indy GP

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 juanftoro

juanftoro

• 274 posts

Posted 25 June 2001 - 16:35

Could anyone help me I am desperately looking for tickets to the US GP at Indy. Where could I find some? And if you could give me some advices for enjoying the weekend that would be great too ( accomodations, seats, anything!!!) thank you..

Advertisement

#2 juanftoro

juanftoro

• 274 posts

Posted 25 June 2001 - 16:51

Anyone please?

#3 skip

skip

• 11 posts

Posted 25 June 2001 - 19:25

1. General admission for Friday and Saturday will be available at the track.
2. Lots of scalpers will have Sunday tickets at or near normal price.
3. St. Elmo's downtown for a great steak. Get there early, though, as they don't accept reservations during GP weekend.

skip

#4 juanftoro

juanftoro

• 274 posts

Posted 25 June 2001 - 19:44

Originally posted by skip
1. General admission for Friday and Saturday will be available at the track.
2. Lots of scalpers will have Sunday tickets at or near normal price.
3. St. Elmo's downtown for a great steak. Get there early, though, as they don't accept reservations during GP weekend.

skip

Thanks Skip!!!

By any chance do you know any good hotel/motel ?

#5 skip

skip

• 11 posts

Posted 26 June 2001 - 19:01

I really don't know much about the hotels/motels except that they raise prices tremendously during GP week, and get booked well in advance. Last year I went with GP Tours and stayed at the Crowne Plaza downtown. Very nice. This year I will also be with GP Tours, but at the Hampton downtown.

Good luck on this one.

skip

#6 F1Rulz

F1Rulz

• 351 posts

Posted 29 June 2001 - 04:38

juanftoro: I've got 2 tickets in the SE Vista that I don't need this year. Check my profile for links to pictures I snapped last year (not the best it was raining, digital camera, etc). Face value $150 for the pair. you pick how you want me to send them. They don't show up until August sometime.

Hey Skip, I was behind sitting behind you in Montreal :smoking:

#7 skylark68

skylark68

• 2,427 posts

Posted 02 July 2001 - 03:35

juanftoro:

There are several great hotels by the airport, if you have wheels. It is usually pretty easy to get a ride into town from there if you don't. Tons of motels there.

I have stayed at the Adams Mark there, and there is an Adams Mark downtown as well.

I have a tip - hotels normally fill their racing quotas early, but, if you go earlier, say a Tuesday and explain you are on business, and not there to see the race, you can score a room. I have used this procedure several times.

Go to:

http://www.indy.org/accommodations.htm

And you will find scads of rooms there - B&B's etc. Check the papers on the web for rooms as well as many rent rooms during big races.

Good luck

#8 Mrv

Mrv

• 6,416 posts

Posted 05 July 2001 - 20:02

JuanToro. I got 2 rooms at Signature Inn in NW Indy 4 months ago. I went crazy looking for rooms back then, I doubt you will find anything right in Indianapolis. At that time I did find some rooms 1 hour away from Indy. You might want to check their or give the Signature Inn a call and see if they have anything available. I have an extra room that I might let go, because 2 of us might not be able to go. The room is for $169 US a night and has 2 double beds. It is for 4 nights Thursday to Sunday. I am not sure what I will be doing with it.

#9 tifoso

tifoso

• 10,901 posts

Posted 13 July 2001 - 21:07

juanftoro, see my recommendations and links in this thread http://www.atlasf1.c...&threadid=23425

#10 MarkC

MarkC

• 24 posts

Posted 17 July 2001 - 17:44

juanftoro:

Check out my website for info about the circuit (viewing places etc)... http://www.markcapilitan.8m.com/