Photo

Mika's 1999 McLaren at London Science Museum

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 El Presidente

El Presidente

• 42 posts

Posted 14 August 2001 - 13:04

Hi, I don't normally read or post in this BB since Atlas was privatised, but I thought I'd let you respectable Atlas BB members know that the 1999 McLaren is on display at the Science Museum in London. I was there a week ago and couldn't believe my eyes. Now whats really interesting about this is that it is the same McLaren that Mika Hakkinen crashed in the 1999 German Grand Prix, remember when he had a puncture down the straight and went spinning off the track into the tyre barriers? Well its being displayed as an exhibition on safety in F1. The front end is all banged up, wheel torn off it looks really cool. Go take your picture with it, after 4:30 admission is free. Its displayed right outside the Imax theatre entrance, inside the museum, south kensington. I don't know for how much longer it's gonna be there. Cheers.

Advertisement

#2 brett_sequeira

brett_sequeira

• 2,807 posts

Posted 14 August 2001 - 14:00

Well aint that cool.

#3 The Soul Stealer

The Soul Stealer

• 6,409 posts

Posted 14 August 2001 - 16:33

During the 99 season I was sent to an engineering show at Hillhead England anyway loctite had a stand there with the Mclaran t-car there, it was seriously cool you could see everything and some of the childern of their major custimars were even allowed sit in it.

And before you ask I wasn't sniffen their glue that day either :stoned: :stoned: :smoking: