Gaps beetwen classified drivers in F1 WDC

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 FEV

FEV

• 909 posts

Posted 09 September 2001 - 13:52

Hi all,

I am looking for a type of stat I found nowhere on the web (but maybe I didn't search well enough !). I am talking about the gap beetwen drivers classified in WDC events but laps behind the winner. For example, Derek Daly and Marc Surer finished 8th and 9th in the 1981 Canadian GP, two laps behind winner Jacques Laffite. But what was the gap beetwen them two ? In a french book I have, this gap is listed for most of the WDC races. Unfortunately this book covers the era 1894-1977, so no info after that. Does anyone know where I can find this ? If anyone is interested I can provide you the info I have about the races up to 1977. This book also has interresting stats that some of you might be interested in : partial standings and timing during races (for F1 WDC as well as for WEC - often for each quarter or third of the race distance) and evolution of the lap record during those same races.

Thanks,
FEV

Advertisement

#2 fines

fines

• 9,647 posts

Posted 09 September 2001 - 21:06

The Paul Sheldon 'Black Books' carry this sort of information. Paul has tried to list every time of every driver running at finish, although his data is not complete. I have found some more in magazines, and if you check my website you will find the data for the 1974 season (and, hopefully soon, for 1973 as well). In the eighties and early nineties, official timekeeper Longines, in conjunction with Olivetti, produced annuals with every lap time from every practice session and the races, but these are hard to come by. The Villa Trips library seems to have a complete collection, so if you happen to live close to Horrem...

#3 FEV

FEV

• 909 posts

Posted 10 September 2001 - 11:38

Hi Fines,
Thanks for all the info. I'm from the south of France, but I just moved in the area of Nancy (near the german border), so now I have one more good reason to visit the Villa Trips :)

FEV