Photo

Deleting threads

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Smooth

Smooth

• 10,359 posts

Posted 20 September 2001 - 21:25

Bira: Why can we no longer delete a thread we start if there are no replies? I tried to do so in the PC with no luck.

Advertisement

#2 bira

bira

• 13,359 posts

Posted 20 September 2001 - 23:01

there is no distinction in the software between deleting a thread with no replies and deleting one that has replies.

A user cannot delete a thread, only hosts and admin can.

If you want a thread removed, though, PM the forum's host(s) or any one of the admins. They'll gladly do it for you ;)

#3 Smooth

Smooth

• 10,359 posts

Posted 20 September 2001 - 23:16

Ok! Sorry. I thought we used to delete threads if no replies were posted. Am I thinking of another UBB board, or is it something you turned off?

#4 bira

bira

• 13,359 posts

Posted 20 September 2001 - 23:46

you must be thinking of another board. Posters aren't able to delete threads (full or empty) here for some 1.5 years now

#5 Smooth

Smooth

• 10,359 posts

Posted 21 September 2001 - 00:36

Thanks. Can you delete this thread?;)

#6 bira

bira

• 13,359 posts

Posted 21 September 2001 - 01:07

:lol:

#7 Ickster

Ickster

• 197 posts

Posted 21 September 2001 - 17:40

I noticed while deleting a post that it reads:

Note: deleting this post will result in the deletion of the entire thread if this post is the first post in the thread.

under the 'delete' button...

#8 Bjorn

Bjorn

• 5,889 posts

Posted 21 September 2001 - 18:37

You get this message if you try deleting the first post of a thread:

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.