Photo

This week's 'Autosport' 1982 special edition

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 deangelis86

deangelis86

• 365 posts

Posted 12 January 2002 - 12:28

I heard a rumour that this week's AUTOSPORT has some rather nice images of Elio. :)

Could anyone care to inform me what that's all about?

Advertisement

#2 Rob Ryder

Rob Ryder

• 2,603 posts

Posted 12 January 2002 - 13:37

Only one picture I could find, and that from the 1982 Austrian. The reason for the pic is that Elio's Lotus will be racing in the TGP Championship this year.

'deangelis86' the picture should be hitting your mailbox very soon :D

Rob

#3 twymanj

twymanj

• 85 posts

Posted 12 January 2002 - 18:13

Hello, I looked through a copy of the Schlegemilch Lauda era book yesterday and there are some fantastic images of de Angelis in this! Unfortunately i dont have a scanner so cant post any pictures, but this is a book i would recommend to anyone interested in the 70's and early 80's! :up:

#4 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 11,549 posts

Posted 15 August 2002 - 21:03

I have decided to tack on to this thread rather than start another.

I gave up buying the mag about 2 years ago but I must admit to having bookmarked their website. I refer to it once a week, on average, just to get an idea of what is going on in other types of racing.

Tonight, logging on to it, I noticed a headline informing me that Cadillac have decided to give up sports car racing. I clicked on the link to get the full story. What I got was an Autosport advert trying to persuade me to sign up for something or other - I did not bother to see what.

Thinking it must be my mistake, I tried again (3 times) - same result.

As you have probably guessed by now, I have removed the Autosport bookmark from my computer. :(

#5 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 70,106 posts

Posted 15 August 2002 - 21:04

Theyre just trying to get people to register their email with the website, under the large block of text there's a clickthrough to skip it and register later

#6 Richard Jenkins

Richard Jenkins

• 7,215 posts

Posted 15 August 2002 - 22:07

Anyone who's bought the magazine today - it's supposed to be better but it looks terribly clutttered to me & whilst there's more, some things are all over the place. The letters page was hard to fathom as one letter went into another. On the plus side, there were good features today, I thought. Hell, I suppose it couldn't get any worse. :)
There's a pic of Elio this week as it's 20 years since he won... Yes, I know when the thread was started, but.....

#7 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 80,260 posts

Posted 16 August 2002 - 01:08

Originally posted by Barry Boor
Tonight, logging on to it, I noticed a headline informing me that Cadillac have decided to give up sports car racing. I clicked on the link to get the full story. What I got was an Autosport advert trying to persuade me to sign up for something or other - I did not bother to see what.

Thinking it must be my mistake, I tried again (3 times) - same result.

Same happened to me when I clicked onto a link from a Readers Comments item last night... I didn't bother either, but I must admit I didn't see the 'skip through' option Ross mentions... I may go back later...

#8 Gary Davies

Gary Davies

• 6,460 posts

Posted 16 August 2002 - 03:40

Originally posted by Barry Boor
... I have removed the Autosport bookmark from my computer. :(

Generally agree overall, but I must say that morning coffee on Thursdays is normally accompanied by a read through the Ask Nigel column.

He's very much a pleasant oasis is wasteland of mediocrity.

#9 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 70,106 posts

Posted 16 August 2002 - 11:25

More like a TNF member stranded in Readers Comments :p

#10 Maldwyn

Maldwyn

• 1,488 posts

Posted 16 August 2002 - 22:02

Could not a comparison be made between the "revised" Autosport and the "revised" Hockenheim :confused:

Just a late night thought...

#11 Doug Nye

Doug Nye

• 11,535 posts

Posted 16 August 2002 - 22:11

here's an aesthetic thought from the management here - Hockenkrapp would have looked so much better - as would Der Neue Nurburgring - if the new tarmac run-off areas were at least in a pale coloured tarmac to differentiate them from the racing surface. A sand-coloured surface would have permitted them at least to 'pretend'... With this sea of bloody asphalt overtaking every major-league circuit in the world it's really going to look like racing round a carpark - oops, Las Vegas GP really was a portent of (awful) things to come????

DCN

#12 petefenelon

petefenelon

• 4,815 posts

Posted 22 August 2002 - 14:35

Originally posted by Doug Nye
here's an aesthetic thought from the management here - Hockenkrapp would have looked so much better - as would Der Neue Nurburgring - if the new tarmac run-off areas were at least in a pale coloured tarmac to differentiate them from the racing surface. A sand-coloured surface would have permitted them at least to 'pretend'... With this sea of bloody asphalt overtaking every major-league circuit in the world it's really going to look like racing round a carpark - oops, Las Vegas GP really was a portent of (awful) things to come????

DCN

To be fair, you can have decent races in a car park -- ALMS from the car park of the RFK stadium in Washington sounded like an absolute thriller despite the photos making the place look very uninspiring!

pete

#13 Giraffe

Giraffe

• 7,316 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 17:46

Searching for a thread upon which to have a gripe, I stumbled upon this one, the last post having been made by fellow scouser, the much missed Pete Fenelon..........
In this week's Autosport in the Tributes to Passed Masters section on page 44 with reference to the loss of Jackie Epstein this year, it has Paul Hawkins as being killed in the 1969 Oulton Park Gold Cup. Please chaps, it was the Tourist Trophy at the circuit almost three months earlier. :well:

#14 DN5

DN5

• 464 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 20:08

A big issue on 1982 F1 this week (Guest Editor John Watson).

And next week one on Group C,,,,

Geoff

#15 john aston

john aston

• 2,700 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 16:13

I bought it for this reason- 82 was a good year(ok - apart from GV RP and DP ) .Not a bad read at all to my surprise- John Watson makes some splendidly catty comments. Which sort of seems a slightly at odds with the soft spoken driver I remember in period. I adored that utterly brutal looking and sounding Brabham- BT45 - he drove in '77

#16 LittleChris

LittleChris

• 3,729 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 20:53

I bought it for this reason- 82 was a good year(ok - apart from GV RP and DP ) .Not a bad read at all to my surprise- John Watson makes some splendidly catty comments. Which sort of seems a slightly at odds with the soft spoken driver I remember in period. I adored that utterly brutal looking and sounding Brabham- BT45 - he drove in '77

He's definitely got more outspoken with age hasn't he ?

I really enjoyed his interview with Pete Windsor

http://smibs.tv/the-...-watson-2012-f1

Definitely not one of the PC brigade, good on him I say. :up:

Would love to see him on TNF.

#17 Fiorentina 1

Fiorentina 1

• 312 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 04:25

Go to zinio.com to get a look at the Autosports when they come out (Thursday A.M). It's a good way to browse thru them.

#18 Cargo

Cargo

• 244 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 05:36

Go to zinio.com to get a look at the Autosports when they come out (Thursday A.M). It's a good way to browse thru them.

thanks for the tip about zinio. Useful site ... :up: