• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 CSGPR

CSGPR

• 221 posts

Posted 09 March 2002 - 17:06

:eek:

Hi there

For some weeks back there was thread regarding Carlos Reuteman. In this thread somebody I don't recall who said that Reuteman and Emerson Fittipaldi was close friends. Which I didn't know.

I the thread I when asked for a photo with the to drivers together because I have never seen them together other than on podiums.

Now I have discovered that they have raced together in a Porsche 917 in the Buenos Aires 1000 Kms in Argentina. I was a bit :eek: I did know that Emerson Fittipaldi had been driving the 917. But I was convinced that it was in a miner event in South America.

With others words Two of my favourite drivers in my favourite car of them all.

But this forms another question. Emerson was originally entered in a Alfa Romeo from Auto Delta together with Dutchman Toine Hezemans. But the car was wreck, by whom I don't know. The car was withdrawn from the Race. But whom did Emerson replace in the Escuderia Nacional CS 917.

And most of all is there anybody who has a picture of this car and the drivers. Anybody !!!!

Best Regards

Christian

Advertisement

#2 FEV

FEV

• 909 posts

Posted 09 March 2002 - 19:45

Emmo himself wrote off the T33/3 during the first unofficial practice. This left his co-driver Toine Hezemans without a drive for this tragic race. Fittipaldi took the place of Alex Soler-Roig in the spanish 917K. Soler-Roig was the owner of the car IIRC.

#3 Schummy

Schummy

• 1,027 posts

Posted 09 March 2002 - 23:16

Tragic race? Was it the 1000km of Buenos Aires in which Giunti lost his life in that dreadful accident with Beltoise? I think it was 1971.

#4 Felix Muelas

Felix Muelas

• 1,187 posts

Posted 09 March 2002 - 23:38

Yes and yes.
:cry:

fm

#5 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Nostalgia Forum Moderator

• 24,049 posts

Posted 09 March 2002 - 23:51

There is a vivid description of Emerson's accident in the Alfa in "Flying on the Ground" - he calls it "the worst shunt I ever had" [this was written in1973]. It was caused by a puncture at 180mph :eek: and the car was totalled. Peterson had crashed a Ferrari 512 in the same place, for the same reason, just five seconds earlier.

It was Soler-Roig's car and according to Emerson, Alex offered him the drive unprompted. He doesn't say anything about the race, apart from having a temptation to lift every time he passed the accident site. And even less about the car ...

#6 FEV

FEV

• 909 posts

Posted 10 March 2002 - 00:46

The accidents (Fittipaldi and Peterson) happened in the terrific Curva Ascari where as you said Richard cars where at 300 km/h ! Peterson's car (Filipinetti 512M) was also totally destroyed in the shunt but the Swiss mechanics spent two days rebuilding it and it started the race in the hands of Parkes and Bonnier. Peterson was only entered on the 2-litre T212 of the Scuderia Filipinetti and he was just "shaking down" :eek: the 512M during the first unofficial practice. In the race he drove superbly bringing the Lola as high as fourth in front of many 5-litre Sports and 3-litre Protos, but another puncture brought another massive shunt and a second destroyed car for Filipinetti ! Fittipaldi's race was quite uneventful, the 917K retiring shortly after the Giunti-Beltoise tragedy and had never been a factor.

#7 CSGPR

CSGPR

• 221 posts

Posted 10 March 2002 - 09:16

Hi again

Thank You all, for your replyes, I have see a photo where you can se the Fittipaldi/Reuteman Porsche in the background, it seems to be a fully white 917. with the No. 28

Best

Christian

#8 curtegerer

curtegerer

• 12 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 00:40

This car is currently owned by Chuck Stoddard of 'Stoddard Porsche' fame. He raced it at the Rennsport Reunion last year. -- Curt

#9 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

• 842 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 01:30

This was the car Emerson and Carlos drove at the 1000kms of Buenos Aires in 1971.
http://forum.m4drivi...=&postid=220238

Arturo

#10 cjpani

cjpani

• 2,456 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 01:43

CSGPR, May I also suggest www.porsche917.com.ar :cool:

English section, go to 1971 season and select the 1000kms of buenos aires

Lots of info and pictures.

shameless self-promotion :p

Carlos

#11 Bernd

Bernd

• 3,307 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 02:04

Nothing wrong with that Carlos it's a bloody good site amigo.

#12 cjpani

cjpani

• 2,456 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 02:24

Originally posted by Bernd
Nothing wrong with that Carlos it's a bloody good site amigo.

Glad you liked it Bernd :)

I noticed you didn´t sign the guestbook though :p

Carlos

#13 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

• 842 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 15:02

Carlos,

I can not link to the site since yesterday. Is there any problem with it or it is my connection ??

Thanks in advance and congratulations for a great site !!

Arturo

#14 Bernd

Bernd

• 3,307 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 23:09

Originally posted by cjpani

Glad you liked it Bernd :)

I noticed you didn´t sign the guestbook though :p

Carlos

I've corrected that oversight! It really gave my pathetic Español a work out ;)

Works OK for me Arturo.

#15 cjpani

cjpani

• 2,456 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 00:41

Arturo, what seems to be the problem??
PM me for details

Nice job Bernd :)

Carlos

#16 Arturo Pereira

Arturo Pereira

• 842 posts