Racing scene in Mexico

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Piet Ram

Piet Ram

• 35 posts

Posted 23 March 2002 - 21:18

Hi everyone, :clap:

Is there someone a 'Mexican expert' who can help me with results of the Mexican Formula 3 and Formula 3000.

Piet :smoking:

Advertisement

#2 Felix Muelas

Felix Muelas

• 1,209 posts

Posted 23 March 2002 - 23:11

I am not your man. Piet, but two initial suggestions :

a) On Mexican F3000 results this site looks quite reasonable

b) As acknowledged on the above site, you might find information on the F3 Mexican series browsing through the Darren GalpinĀ“s website or, even better, ask him ;) (he might be your man, after all...and he is one of the assets of TNF)

Un abrazo

Felix

#3 HistoryFan

HistoryFan

• 7,844 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 20:12

Now with Sergio Perez driving for McLaren there is more interests from Mexico in Racing. Are there plans to bring series like Mexican F3 back? Is there any Mexican racing series now?

#4 GMiranda

GMiranda

• 1,177 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 17:33

Hi

I'd also be interesting to know more about the Mexican racing scene from the late '70s onwards, as I know that, by the mid-'80s until mid-90's it was a thriving scenario. A couple of F1 drivers drove there because there was big money involved - Allen Berg and Tommy Byrne - and many drivers appeared on the World Sports Prototype Championship, IMSA and CART/IRL. I deduce the local F3 and F3000/Formula K had good cars, nice tuners and teams, and many big sponsors. Of course, I suspect many of those sponsors were a bit dodgy.

#5 nexfast

nexfast

• 982 posts

Posted 15 December 2021 - 21:08

That's something I've been looking for years without much success, though my research starts on the fifties. Got some good books on the Carrera Panamericana - in particular the Cimarosti one - but after 1954 it is the desert. There are some snippets of information in the book by Carlos Jalife "Los Hermanos Rodriguez"  but that's all I could gather. Very flimsy leads exist  in this site: http://www.sportcar....82603/index.htm which gives an idea how thriving the racing scene must have been from the end of the fifties onwards. There is also a site about the Corona Cup (local F3 in the nineties) but although still online all info seems to have evaporated. Of course, Forix and Driver Database offer some results but are very incomplete. I wish there was something similar to the "Historia Deportiva del Automobilismo Argentino" by Alfredo Parga but if it exists I never put my eyes in such a book.