Photo

Nice Rob Walker articles in R&T

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Keir

Keir

• 5,241 posts

Posted 06 June 2002 - 18:02

:cool: Check out this month's Road & Track. Two Articles about Rob. One is about the 1968 British GP and the other, a tribute.

Advertisement

#2 Dave Ware

Dave Ware

• 998 posts

Posted 07 June 2002 - 15:17

Thanks Kier, I'll make a point to buy that issue. Wouldn't have thought of it otherwise.

#3 Keir

Keir

• 5,241 posts

Posted 07 June 2002 - 19:00

Dave,
Well I knew R&T had to do something after Rob had written articles for at least three decades!!

#4 luisfelipetrigo

luisfelipetrigo

• 660 posts

Posted 07 June 2002 - 23:16

As I was growing up in the 60s and 70s and reading each and every Rob Walker articlue at least three times ... I always wondered why R&T did not publish an annual compendium of all those articles (like they did with the road tests).
I, for one, would have purchase all of them. !!!

Long live Rob Walker ! :up:

#5 stevew

stevew

• 495 posts

Posted 08 June 2002 - 00:42

R&T should publish a book of Rob Walker's race reports, columns and driver ratings over the years...

#6 Ralliart

Ralliart

• 669 posts

Posted 28 June 2002 - 11:06

:up: Rob's articles were great - the problem is that they appeared months after the GPs - along with Geoffrey Goddard's photos and (sometimes Walter Gotschke drawings) it was the best way to go for a Californian of limited means to understand what went down at each GP. Rob's drivers ratings were anticipated and differed greatly from the Autocourse ones. At the Long Beach GP one year I approached Rob. I had written to him earlier with a transcript I'd made from a cassette tape I'd made of a Merv Griffin TV show that previewed the upcoming Questor GP in '71. Guests were Peter Ustinov, Graham Hill, Phil Hill, Dan Gurney, Pete Paolo, Shecky Greene and Rosemarie Bowe Stack. Rob wrote back that he could use the information in a book or something. At Long Beach I reminded him of that and we talked about that as we approached the passholders-only entrance to the garage. We just kept talking and walking and I was in.

#7 Bjorn Kjer

Bjorn Kjer

• 3,682 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:23

I kindly ask if anyone could supply me with that article , please ?