Photo

Le Mans 24 hours Classic

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kpy

Kpy

• 1,259 posts

Posted 05 September 2002 - 18:43

I know lots of you are currently plotting visits to Goodwood this weekend, but are any TFNers planning on being at Le Mans Sept 20-22? If so would you care to meet up for a coffee and a natter?
With 350 cars entered and racing through 24 hours there should be time enough and something to chat about.
There's also the very first French GP circuit to trace and photograph ......... ;)

Advertisement

#2 Roger Clark

Roger Clark

• 7,506 posts

Posted 05 September 2002 - 23:22

I'd love to, but I have other commitments that weekend. Is it going to be an annual event? Put me down for next year if it is. Have a good time Christopher, and post pictures if you can. The 1906 circuit is a must for next year.

#3 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 11,549 posts

Posted 06 September 2002 - 06:14

:cry:

#4 Kpy

Kpy

• 1,259 posts

Posted 16 September 2002 - 23:08

Pulling this back into the frame just in case any TFNers will be there this weekend. If so please get in touch. Meets up have been arranged with members of two other forums.
The event is mooted to take place every other year, so Roger and Barry we have time to get sorted for 2004!
I shall take as many photos as I can and propose to save them to CD and post you a copy Barry. I need a lesson in posting pictures.
Looking forward to seeing REAL Jaguars in their natural habitat. ;)  ;)

#5 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 80,242 posts

Posted 16 September 2002 - 23:27

Funnily enough, I have a date of another sort...

A new circuit is being 'blooded' this weekend, Morgan Park at Warwick in Queensland. It's grown from a dirt circuit of 0.8km to a hotmixed one, then out to 1.2km and now to 2.11km...

I had a look at it the other week, it's kind of like an Amaroo without the walls.

Warwick is a fairly small place, so this is commendable stuff, but mainly it's a relief for Queensland racers who've been stuck with Queensland Raceway since Lakeside was sold up... my nephew is running there and it will be the first actual race meeting I've been to in about four years.

Nothing like going to Le Mans, of course... but a step in the right direction.

#6 Bernd

Bernd

• 3,313 posts

Posted 17 September 2002 - 00:08

I know very little about this event. The old cars wouldn't take to kindly to the bastard chicanes did they bypass them?