Photo

Thoroughbred F1 GP

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Eric McLoughlin

Eric McLoughlin

• 1,623 posts

Posted 06 October 2002 - 09:19

For those in the UK, Channel 5 are showing the Jarama round of the Thoroughbred F1GP Championship early on Tuesday morning, 8th October (1.25 am).

Advertisement

#2 David M. Kane

David M. Kane

• 5,402 posts

Posted 06 October 2002 - 13:16

I wish they showed those races here in the States. What we need is a match
race between the US group and the European group. How many cars are there in the European group. There are about 55 in the USA.

#3 fifi

fifi

• 12,423 posts

Posted 06 October 2002 - 13:37

will need to remember to video this

#4 Gary C

Gary C

• 5,571 posts

Posted 06 October 2002 - 13:56

Thanks Eric!!

#5 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 06 October 2002 - 17:43

Originally posted by David M. Kane
What we need is a match race between the US group and the European group. How many cars are there in the European group. There are about 55 in the USA.

There must be a similar number in Europe, though they tend to concentrate on one series, so you won't see as many in one place at one time.
There was a match race in the US (I forget where) three or four years ago, won by a European entry (Martin Stretton in Tyrrell 005, IIRC)
And of course US drivers are occasionally seen on this side of the Atlantic
But in neither case are we talking about a proper match race, with - say - 15 cars from each Continent. (Wonder how many of them would have the same chassis number?)

#6 CSGPR

CSGPR

• 221 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 15:04

Hi Dave, David and Gery

Maybe this link will help, it's contains photo and a full list of the cars which race in the TGP series.

The link is as follows: http://www.tgp-f1.com

Best regards

Christian

#7 David M. Kane

David M. Kane

• 5,402 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 15:58

They have a very nice site. I wish the HGP had stuff to sell! I like their
patch. It looks like three driver do both series more or less, Duncan Dayton, John Delane and Johannes Willenpart. I also notice they have a lot
ot tie-in with the FIA something painfully lacking here in the States.

#8 petefenelon

petefenelon

• 4,815 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 16:19

Originally posted by David M. Kane
They have a very nice site. I wish the HGP had stuff to sell! I like their
patch. It looks like three driver do both series more or less, Duncan Dayton, John Delane and Johannes Willenpart. I also notice they have a lot
ot tie-in with the FIA something painfully lacking here in the States.

Duncan's a bit of a hero of mine - very good in Historics (especially in that gorgeous BT33 - he and Dickie Attwood are probably the two drivers who really do get their cars working hard) and still pretty good in 675's over in the ALMS. He also seemed to be a nice approachable bloke - I exchanged a few pleasantries with him at the Coy's Festival a few years back.

pete

#9 David M. Kane

David M. Kane

• 5,402 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 16:23

We regard Duncan very highly over here too! He really gets it on in anything he drives. The man clearly loves driving a racing car. Yes, he
is a very modest and a very unassuming man. I haven't gotten to know him but you can just tell by the way he carries himself.

#10 Gary C

Gary C

• 5,571 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 04:01

did anyone actually see the TV coverage???

#11 Rob29

Rob29

• 3,582 posts

Posted 11 October 2002 - 06:55

Originally posted by Gary C
did anyone actually see the TV coverage???

Yes,Gary. I was a little dissapointed that after shots of the cars with original drivers,interviews,and highlights of 2001 season,coverage of what was advertised (Jarama) amounted to less than 10mins! However,this must be unique for any ITV/C4/C5 programme in that there were no ad. breaks.

#12 Gary C

Gary C

• 5,571 posts

Posted 12 October 2002 - 09:19

this is hopeless-why bluddy bother?? Beats me...........
I've been trying off and on for the last 5 years (thru my TV contacts) to get the Thoroughbreds onto the TV and I'm afraid to say have run up against a brick wall every time. Even the BBC doesn't want to know, and we all know how little motor sport they have these days!!