Photo

Digital Nostalgia

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 11,549 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 22:21

I'm sue I'm by no means the first to come across this new channel on British digital t.v, but anyway, has anyone else seen the Nostalgia Channel? (channel 580)

They have been showing some programmes entitled Great Sporting Moments of etc etc etc. Last night I watched a bit of the 1960s programme.

I was amazed to see an item on the Cuban sports car race during which, Fangio was kidnapped and a car went into the crowd. It was only a short item, maybe 2 minutes or less, but there were some lovely shots of the circuit, showing how the track was constructed along some of the main streets of Havanna. Then a somewhat harrowing aerial view of a car knocking down spectators and coming to rest amongst them.

Then in the same programme there was a very short item on the 1962 International Trophy race; you know the sort of thing - shot of the start; a couple of cars going along; then a man with a flag and that's it!

Still, something to keep an eye on, I think.

Advertisement

#2 LittleChris

LittleChris

• 3,727 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 22:30

Barry,

Surely this is a repeat of a series shown on BBC2 about 15 years ago ? If so, you've got some good Gerry Marshall stuff at Crystal Palace to look foward to :clap:

Chris

#3 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Administrator

• 41,859 posts

Posted 09 October 2002 - 22:46

No Chris - it's not "100 Greatest Sporting Moments". I've seen the odd one and they're old newsreel films, as shown in cinemas.