Photo

Help Needed - Tyrrell Incar LBGP Video

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 paulb

paulb

• 11,257 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 21:19

Not long ago, I had downloaded an incar video of a Tyrrell (Depailler) on a full lap of the old LBGP course. You got the best seat on the course, the commentary is in French and you get great engine audio. I don't know if it is part of "Lap of the Gods", although I know that has a P34 incar at Monaco.

I must have had a senior moment because I have lost the clip. :(

I've done my penance and searched Atlas Forums for Tyrrell + video, Depa* + video, and Beach + video without success. A Google "Formula 1 video" search has been equally futile.

Does anyone know a site or have this clip?

Thanks for your consideration.

Advertisement

#2 rdrcr

rdrcr

• 2,727 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 22:00

Originally posted by paulb
"...Not long ago, I had downloaded an incar video of a Tyrrell (Depailler) on a full lap of the old LBGP course. You got the best seat on the course, the commentary is in French and you get great engine audio. I don't know if it is part of "Lap of the Gods", although I know that has a P34 incar at Monaco..."

Paul,

That's not from "Lap of the Gods"... in that one, the bodywork was removed and an overhead camera was mounted so you could see Depailler's entire body moving and working the car. It was one of the better clips in that film.

Edit: Lap of the Gods and other great videos can be found here

#3 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Administrator

• 41,863 posts

Posted 30 November 2002 - 23:38

Not much good for you guys across the Big Pond, but that film has been showing recently on MotorsTV here in the UK. I'd prefer to hear the French commentary, rather than Carlton bloody Kirby... :rolleyes:

#4 dolomite

dolomite

• 1,184 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 01:12

Going through my old negs, just found this shot of JYS in a Tyrrell camera car during practice for the 1980 British GP at Brands Hatch. Anybody got the in-car footage from this?

Posted Image

#5 Racer.Demon

Racer.Demon

• 1,722 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 11:38

Originally posted by paulb
Does anyone know a site or have this clip?

Paul: you can find this clip and a host of other 1978 in-car videos in the Video section atProject34.co.uk.

It also includes a JYS drive at Brands. It says it's from 1978, but could it be the 1980 footage that dolomite mentions?

#6 dolomite

dolomite

• 1,184 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 14:08

Originally posted by Racer.Demon

Paul: you can find this clip and a host of other 1978 in-car videos in the Video section atProject34.co.uk.

It also includes a JYS drive at Brands. It says it's from 1978, but could it be the 1980 footage that dolomite mentions?

No I've seen that one. It's definitely an 008 from 1978.

#7 David M. Kane

David M. Kane

• 5,402 posts

Posted 25 January 2003 - 15:07

There are two videos of "Laps of the Gods", Part I and Part II. Part I is the better of the two. I have both but they are currently in storage. Is it
Possible that the LBGP footage is on Part II?