• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 karlth

karlth

• 16,290 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 14:15

http://www.project34.co.uk

and select Videos.

(Includes a lap with Niki Lauda in the Brabham Alfa and Jackie Stuart :) at Brands plus a lot more)

Advertisement

#2 mikedeering

mikedeering

• 3,522 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 14:52

It was all so much better back then - can you believe those tracks??? Oh I wish F1 was still like that...

#3 De Cesaris

De Cesaris

• 9 posts

Posted 18 January 2003 - 16:03

Do you know more websites with videos to download ??
This project 34 is really cool and it's growing ... it will be nice if they put videos from the 80'ies too !!

#4 Racer.Demon

Racer.Demon

• 1,722 posts

Posted 18 January 2003 - 16:25

Don't tell any further but here's is my secret tip...

A Hungarian named Kristof has put an amazing amount of F1 video footage online: historic clips from 1950 to 1982 (with, I must add, most of the 1950-1979 material ripped from Neville Hay's video series), constructor portraits, 1992-2001 season's highlights, circuit highlights, driver tributes, and racing-related commercials.

http://hovatuntdamon.../Forma1/Videok/

You get on an index page with the following Hungarian-language directories (my Magyar is not that good but you'll soon understand what it's all about):

Csapatok (constructors)
Osszefoglalok (modern season highlights)
Palyak (tracks)
Reklamok (commercials)
Versenyek (historic footage)
Versenyzok (drivers)

Using a program like HTTrack will allow you to download the entire site in one go. You need broadband, however, as it harbours some 3 GB of material. The bandwidth is huge, however, and it has been so for a couple of weeks, which is pretty incomprehensible for a free site, but there you have it.

So keep it quiet, and hopefully the site won't go down through bandwidth excess ;)

#5 Eric McLoughlin

Eric McLoughlin

• 1,623 posts

Posted 18 January 2003 - 16:26

Technically, these a recordings are cine rather than video as the technology for mintuarised TV cameras did not become available until the mid 1980s. The first real time on board TV footage I remenber seeing was actually from the Lunar Rover Vehicle on Apollo 15 in 1971. It took quite a while for this capability to become commercially available.

#6 TODave2

TODave2

• 244 posts

Posted 18 January 2003 - 17:53

Jackie Stewart gets a bonus point for describing Paddock Bend as a left hander.... :)

#7 Sir Frank

Sir Frank

• 4,275 posts

Posted 18 January 2003 - 21:45

Originally posted by Racer.Demon
Don't tell any further but here's is my secret tip...

A Hungarian named Kristof has put an amazing amount of F1 video footage online: historic clips from 1950 to 1982 (with, I must add, most of the 1950-1979 material ripped from Neville Hay's video series), constructor portraits, 1992-2001 season's highlights, circuit highlights, driver tributes, and racing-related commercials.

http://hovatuntdamon.../Forma1/Videok/

You get on an index page with the following Hungarian-language directories (my Magyar is not that good but you'll soon understand what it's all about):

Csapatok (constructors)
Osszefoglalok (modern season highlights)
Palyak (tracks)
Reklamok (commercials)
Versenyek (historic footage)
Versenyzok (drivers)

Using a program like HTTrack will allow you to download the entire site in one go. You need broadband, however, as it harbours some 3 GB of material. The bandwidth is huge, however, and it has been so for a couple of weeks, which is pretty incomprehensible for a free site, but there you have it.

So keep it quiet, and hopefully the site won't go down through bandwidth excess ;)

Actually your Magyar is pretty good :up: Csapatok means teams :p I dont know how you could got that one wrong :D Anyway thanks for the link. :up:

I laughed my arse off when reading the name of the site. It is a famous saying of our own great commentator Laszlo Palik who is also boss of the Hungaroring and currently is taking place in the Dakar. The quote got so popular that there was even a song written for it. It means roughly: where did Damon Hill disappear to?