Photo

Has anyone got a contact at Motors TV?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Gary C

Gary C

• 4,573 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 21:25

Just wondering if anyone here has a contact at Motors TV in Paris?? I have an idea for a programme and want to get it to the right person. Please feel free to PM or e-mail me with any details. (I've already looked at their website, by the way)

Advertisement

#2 ghinzani

ghinzani

• 1,991 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:07

They turned down my idea of putting Carlton Kirby in stocks and pelting him with rotten fruit.

#3 f1steveuk

f1steveuk

• 3,210 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:21

They turned down my idea of putting Carlton Kirby in stocks and pelting him with rotten fruit.

Now you see, to me, that is an excellent programme idea, and could even run to a series..............

#4 Pink Snail

Pink Snail

• 520 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:35

They never got back in touch with me regarding the Charity work I do with the HFO and the fact that I sent them a comprehensive package detailing what Pink Snail was about. That was the Silverstone Classic a couple of years ago and - zilch!! Good luck with contact let alone response....things do change so in this instance I am prepared to cut a bit of slack....KM

#5 Gary C

Gary C

• 4,573 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:21

you do realise that my original request is now SEVEN years old??

#6 f1steveuk

f1steveuk

• 3,210 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:40

YEP!!! And I know I have since put you in touch with them, and we know that it's still not that easy getting a response!

As for the rotten fruit throwing, UK laws forbid it, but we could change his job title to " Perishable Foodstuffs Impact Test Engineer" and we'd get away with it.

#7 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 5,779 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:15

At the risk of sounding a tad out of touch who or what is Carlton Kirby ?

IIRC there was a F3 driver from the West Indies who went by the name of Carlton any connection ?

My followup question, is there any particular reason we should be throwing the dregs of Covent Garden at him ?

Thanking you in anticipation of your responses :-)

#8 Michael Ferner

Michael Ferner

• 2,334 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:29

Why would Carlton Kirby be connected to Carlton Tingling? :confused:

#9 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Nostalgia Forum Moderator

• 24,538 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:43

At the risk of sounding a tad out of touch who or what is Carlton Kirby ?

A motor racing commentator who makes James Allen and Jonathan Legard sound professional.

#10 dwh43scale

dwh43scale

• 168 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:44

If you'd ever heard Carlton Kirby commentating on Eurosport, you'd know !

#11 Sharman

Sharman

• 2,746 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 13:02

We know how James Allen got his job but in in general is there some some special degree of ineptitude needed and an annoyance factor in the timbre of voice required before appointment into the job? Or are the television companies so stupid that they do not recognise the shortcomings of their commentators/announcers?

#12 f1steveuk

f1steveuk

• 3,210 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 13:36

We know how James Allen got his job but in in general is there some some special degree of ineptitude needed and an annoyance factor in the timbre of voice required before appointment into the job? Or are the television companies so stupid that they do not recognise the shortcomings of their commentators/announcers?

As someone who has worked in TV on and off for a number of years, that is easy to answer. "It's not what you know (are capable of), it's who you know".

#13 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 5,779 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 13:57

Apologies to Carlton Tingling :-)

As for Carlton Kirby 'Television drug of the nation breeding ignorance and feeding radiation' as one of those hip hop chappies used to say, best watched with the sound off and some Mahler turned up extremely loud :-)

#14 f1steveuk

f1steveuk

• 3,210 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 14:24

Apologies to Carlton Tingling :-)

As for Carlton Kirby 'Television drug of the nation breeding ignorance and feeding radiation' as one of those hip hop chappies used to say, best watched with the sound off and some Mahler turned up extremely loud :-)

The other qoute I like was Bernard 'whatsit' when asked "have you ever conducted any Stockhausen", "no", he said "but I trod in some once"

#15 cyrilmac

cyrilmac

• 433 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 14:26

The other qoute I like was Bernard 'whatsit' when asked "have you ever conducted any Stockhausen", "no", he said "but I trod in some once"

Or someone who's name escapes me " Wagners music is not as bad as it sounds ".

#16 ghinzani

ghinzani

• 1,991 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 18:22

Carlton started his media career in radio out in Norfolk. Please feel free to make the link to Alan Partridge...

The worst of his many crimes used to be on the DTM when he insisted on calling Christian Albers, "Marcel". It got to the point where it became hugely insulting.

#17 dank

dank

• 5,191 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 21:17

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

(And, for what it's worth, I'd commission your idea in a heartbeat).

#18 arttidesco

arttidesco

• 5,779 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 23:12

Holy thread resurrection Batman!

(And, for what it's worth, I'd commission your idea in a heartbeat).

I have a couple of Mini DV cams a tripod and a spanking new editing suite :-)

Edited by arttidesco, 17 July 2010 - 23:13.

#19 Gary C

Gary C

• 4,573 posts

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:43

So have I !!

Posted Image

Posted Image