* * * - - 11 votes

The Racing Comments Introduction Thread for New Members

• Please log in to reply
1393 replies to this topic

#1 bira

bira

• 13,359 posts

Posted 23 February 2003 - 17:06

If you are a new member to this forum and would like to introduce yourself, you're welcome to do it here. (You don't have to, but kindly do not start a new thread for this purpose only).

Advertisement

#2 JXL

JXL

• 40 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 09:19

Allright then.
Although this is not my first post, I haven't introduced myself yet, so here it goes:

I'm a 29 year old Dutch F1 fan who has been following F1 since '92. I got roasted in Budapest during the Hungarian 2001 GP weekend and I boo-ed with the rest of the crowd at Zeltweg at the end of the 2002 Austian GP. This year planning to visit the Spanish GP.
I've been lurking around these boards for 2 years now and then. Great fun to read although I sometimes wonder what jobs the frequent posters on these bboards have. Can I get one too? :D
Even got myself a Atlas subscription this year, which is a great investment so far (something like this bira? :) ). Can't wait for the season to start!

My favorite drivers are Jos (no surpise there), the other JV (only his racing style, not for his verbal skills) and Kimi (hope to see him smile this year). Also I will miss Irvine's hilarious comments.

So, let's see if I can get to 30 posts to see what that paddock club is all about...

JXL

#3 François Bonaparte

François Bonaparte

• 999 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 16:39

:rolleyes: Welcome aboard jong!;)

So, let's see if I can get to 30 posts to see what that paddock club is all about...

actually, you don't really wanna know.... :lol: no just joking, may I welcome U in Da House? :wave: we need Jos fans, :) . :up:

:smoking:

PS; do not believe a WORD they tell ya. ;)

#4 fifi

fifi

• 12,423 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 21:50

qwelcome to the board :D

#5 Senninha2000

Senninha2000

• 1,628 posts

Posted 27 February 2003 - 22:47

Welcome JXL! :wave:

I only make the odd random appearance in Readers Comments anymore, so hopefully, I'll see you soon in the Paddock! :D

#6 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 79,958 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 01:18

JXL... you should have heard me booing with you at Zeltweg...

Welcome to your new home... try also the Nostalgia Forum, and we'll see you soon in the Paddock... if you can get your pass.

#7 Schuting Star

Schuting Star

• 5,139 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 01:52

Welcome :wave:

#8 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 11,192 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 12:00

Welcome aboard JXL and all other newbies. :)

#9 J Ruoska

J Ruoska

• 40 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 15:03

Like you needed more Finns here....
After visiting this Board more or less regularly for some time, I decided to join as well - just in time for the new season.

As for introducing myself;

-26-years, Finn, karting for 10 years in the past, done fairly well on national scale.
-Watching F1 since 1989 (enter JJ Lehto), REALLY actively since 1993 (Mika got to McLaren)
-Only seen Malaysia 2000 "on-stage", won't be the last race attended for me, even though that was a dull one.

So as you may quess, I always liked MH the best. Before he had the machinery to do big things, there were other favourites; Mansell in 1992, Senna in 1993,1994 (after 3races Hill, unfortunately), Hill again in 1995,1996, JV 1997 and Mika after that. Schumacher used to make me sick for years. After he crashed Hill for WDC in 1994, tried with JV in 1997, half of 1998 went by with me wondering when will he take out Mika... But against all odds, as these two seemed to have deep respect to each other, I somehow learned to appreciate Schumi as well.

Over the years, the best moment F1 has offered me so far was Suzuka 1998, and all-time low Adelaide 1995, for obvious reasons.

Hopefully we see some real racing this year, with Kimi and JP given cars which enable them to put up a show with Schumi Sr.

:wave: J Ruoska

#10 HSJ

HSJ

• 14,002 posts

Posted 28 February 2003 - 17:22

J Ruoska, we need all the Finns here we can get. Fighting off the hordes of whatnots... :p ;);)

Go Kimi!

#11 Slick

Slick
  • Administrator

• 3,340 posts

Posted 01 March 2003 - 10:10

Welcome JXL adn J Ruoska :up:

#12 Claudius

Claudius

• 5,210 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 13:00

JXL and Ray Bell

I was also at A-1 Ring last year. It was my first ever live GP and I was very excited. The cars, the noise, the smell, the action, just wonderful.

And the race itself wasn't bad, the fight in the midfield was great (especially Villeneuve). The accident was NP/TS was horrific but it seemed as though Takuma was going to be OK.

And then came the (in)famous finnish antics. I couldn't believe it, not again, and this time for the victory.
RB was faster all weekend and he really deserved to win. No disscusion there...

So I,and virtually everyone else, started booing. All fans were united in condemning this robbery.
The worst day for the sport since I've been following the sport. And being my first live GP and all...
It left a bitter taste in my mouth. I took off my MS t-shirt on the way home and decided to quit the sport entirely.

But as all of us know, that is impossible ;)
I still cheer for MS, but another incident like that and I'll quit supporting him...

Cheers

#13 mastropiero

mastropiero

• 207 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 13:04

Well, here I go....

I've been a member of this forum since 2001, although I never really took the time to introduce myself. It's also true that I'm not a particularly active member so it wouldn't really matter anyways.... :)

I'm romanian, although I moved to Spain when I was 12 (Now I'm 24). I've been following F1 since early 90's, always been a fan of Jean Alesi.... :cool: :cool:

I'm also a big rallying fan, actually nowadays I find it way more interesting than F1, sadly... Great fan of Carlos Sainz, I'm so happy to see he's doing great again!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I think that's about it. Any more details you'd like to know.... feel free to ask!!

Great forum, btw, I've learned a lot from all of you, even though I don't post that much I enjoy reading it very much.

Take care,

Stefan

#14 rich42

rich42

• 279 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 13:54

Hi everyone,
I might as well take this opportunity to introduce myself to the AtlasF1 world...my name's Richard, I'm English and a 20 year old student at Cambridge (studying Physics), and I've just become a subscriber to AtlasF1 in time for the new season.
I've followed F1 since 1991, and have supported Schumi throughout his career (although the questionable team tactics last season made me uncomfortable). I've only been to one race in person, the Belgian GP 2001 where Michael won his 52nd race, and I'm angry that that race has been cancelled from the calendar...In terms of other teams I'd like to see do well this season, I've always had a soft spot for Minardi, and would like to see them join the midfield. I'm also excited about the prospects for Toyota becoming a major player.
Right, I guess that's it. Just remains for me to say how much I'm looking forward to arguing with everyone and being controversial...Any more details you want to know, feel free to ask...

#15 JXL

JXL

• 40 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 20:02

Thanks everyone for welcoming me!
And J Ruoska, Rich42 and Mastropiero; welcome to you too!

Claudius: I agree the Zeltweg weekend was great, good fun around the circuit, excellent weather, a stormin JVil in the race. I wasnt really close to the TS-NH crash (seated at Silver2) but I could just see it happen. Looked absolutely horrific. The replays on the screens made it even worse. Glad TS was ok.

Ray Bell: Yeah, the last few meters of the race really messed up a great GP weekend, everyone (even the ferrari-fans near our stands) showed their disgust. Hope we don't have to witness that again this season....

JXL

#16 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

• 16,216 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 20:11

Welcome to all new people! Hope you will enjoy it here! :wave:

#17 Nomad

Nomad

• 1,464 posts

Posted 02 March 2003 - 22:49

Welcome all the newbies!!
I've been away from here so long (almost a year) that I think I should introduce myself to all the strangers in the place.
Hi I'm Nomad, I travel.
I'm in a very unique clan, a Ralf Schumacher fan. When we counted them on the bb about 2 years ago there were only 12 and that included half and quarter parts of ppl.
I've also been newly recruited by Flying Panda to the Minardi supporters only to find that I am now brothers/sisters-in-arms with lots of strange dutch ppl.
I also went to Austria last year and its probably why I will be saving money this year and not going to a GP.
I'm jobless at the moment so shall be in here a lot !! :)

#18 Williams

Williams

• 6,829 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 02:08

Welcome JXL, glad to see your countryman is back for another season. Welcome J Ruoska, always glad of more Finns, and mastropiero it's nice to see members from Spain, where motorsports is indeed all about rallying. Welcome rich42, hope you enjoy the sub :up:, and welcome back Nomad, looking forward to more posts from you ! :up::up:

It's going to be a great season on Atlas F1 BB ! :clap:

#19 devilfish

devilfish

• 6 posts

Posted 03 March 2003 - 20:59

hi there. i'm 19 from uk and have watched f1 since the year dot. memorable moment, mansells tyre blowing in 86, senna and prost locked together at the end of the slip road, whole of 94 season. also i have been asked to post this message again in this category. apologies if you have read this before.

i'm doing a trio of internet phone in shows to cover this weeks first race. starting with the 1st quali sesh on early friday morning, 2nd quali sesh on early sat morn and finally the race on sunday morn. these show will incorporate live audio coverage of the sessions plus comments and calls from any listeners wishing to contribute. the show goes out on http://www.fancast.com and anyone interested in appearing on the show or require more info, drop me an email, beano_bruce@hotmail.com

cheers

Advertisement

#20 jeantodt

jeantodt

• 59 posts

Posted 04 March 2003 - 08:19

Hiya folks... Im new here and think this place looks great, I am a big formula one fan and have followed for 20 years now..
I will be a regular visitor to this place form now on and look forward to some good debates with you all.
I am from the UK and already bouncing with excitement at this weekends GP. :clap:
I also run a very Busy Ferrari F1 Site, and with over 90,000 hits a month it keeps me real busy, but a few more wont hurt so please drop by abd say hello when you have the time.

Well got to go work now.. looking forward to meeting all the regulars here

Take care folks

JT

#21 CrypticSoda

CrypticSoda

• 52 posts

Posted 05 March 2003 - 14:44

Hi everyone. My name's Sun-Robin and I'm a german/vietnamese half-breed located in Stuttgart and I'm 26 year old.
Started following F1 in 1985, after I read an article about Senna in one of my uncle's AutoMotorSport. After I watched my first race I was hooked to the sport and especially to Senna.
Became a big fan of him and watched every race I could get on TV. I have to admit though, that I don't remember much from that time, and there's no clear image of any race back then left in my mind, except for Senna crashing in Monaco due to driving too slow :D
When F1 moved to RTL I couldn't watch it anymore, and subsequently lost much of my interest.
With Senna's death the rest of interest went away. I thought I'd never watch F1 again.
In 97 I moved out from home and got cable in the process. I watched only one race and was hooked again. Since then I haven't missed a race. I'm a big fan of Shuey, but I also like JPM and Kimi very much, and hope they'll mount a challenge this year :up:

My only race I attended live so far has been Spa 2001, just like rich42 :wave:

I've been following this message board with great regularity now since three years, and thought this might be the time to finally make myself know.

#22 Schuting Star

Schuting Star

• 5,139 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 08:22

Originally posted by CrypticSoda
I'm a big fan of Shuey, but I also like JPM and Kimi very much, and hope they'll mount a challenge this year :up:

:up: I'll second that. Welcome to everyone. :wave:

#23 Jaguar2002

Jaguar2002

• 274 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 19:34

hello all...i've decided that i have to change my username (because i am not a regular Jaguar fan anymore...so far...), but because this could not be done on my previous username jaguar2227, i had to re-register...

Jaguar2002:cool:

#24 sham

sham

• 4 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 10:40

Hi All

posted here a few years ago as "findes" but I am now back as sham. I hope to be posting a lot more here in the future.

Looking forward to Aus GP but I am a bit baffled by who actually had the fastest car in qualifying :drunk:

Hi to all new members

PS: anybody miss F1 Digital Channel ? I do !

#25 Masala Dosa

Masala Dosa

• 13 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 20:15

Masala Dosa is in the house! If it's too spicy, I can get you a glass of water.

#26 tifoso

tifoso

• 10,901 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 21:10

Welcome everyone :clap: It's great to have so many new people.

I'm an old newbie. So I thought I'd re-introduce myself since I've been away for a long time. I probably won't recognize many posters here any more.

Contrary to my logon, I'm really a tifosa. Hubby Tifoso and I are Ferrari fans and live in Virginia, USA. We go to Montreal and Indy every year and are looking forward to a European vacation next year to see the Ferrari factory and watch the race at Monza.

And we're still trying to figure out what we think of all the rule changes.

#27 JB

JB

• 128 posts

Posted 08 March 2003 - 23:12

Well, I guess I should re-introduce myself as well since I'm also an old newbie.

The name is JB, 28 years old from Canada. I've been an autoracing fan since 94. Favourite drivers are JVil, RS and CDM. I also love ice hockey and tennis. :)

Originally posted by Masala Dosa
Masala Dosa is in the house! If it's too spicy, I can get you a glass of water.

Well, hello there! Spicy is good...;) :D

#28 T. Salama

T. Salama

• 20 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 07:16

Watch out everyone!
Another Finn coming up.

I am 24 years old finance student from Helsinki, Finland.

I've been following F1 regularly since the early times of JJ Lehto (1989).

As I naturally mostly cheer my compatriots, I always like to watch great racing, no matter who is involved.

#29 Sarin

Sarin

• 66 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 09:56

Hello, this seems to be the polite thing to do so...

I'm 29, female (already sounding like a personal ad), British but long time resident in Helsinki, Finland. I'm an editor and journalist by trade although not directly connected to F1. I am also the editor for hakkinen.net (very grateful to Mika for retiring and giving me less to do).

I was a fan of F3 before I really got into F1. I followed Senna and Mansell in F1, but I really took notice of motorsport after attending a few F3 races and getting into the whole Mika V Mika battle. Great times.

Unsurprisingly, my favourite current driver is Kimi, but it's not because he's Finnish, more that he drives like a Finn, and I'll support any driver from any country who can do that. It just takes my breath away the way he slides the corners! I first heard about Kimi 5 years ago, so have been able to follow his career from early on.

Dislikes: Drivers outstaying their welcome and the death of banzai qualifying laps.

#30 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 11,192 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 10:04

Originally posted by Sarin
Hello, this seems to be the polite thing to do so...

I'm 29, female

:kiss:

I was at Rovanieme watching Mika doing rallying.
I also got his signature on this book. :D

http://members.atlas...i/signature.jpg

#31 Sarin

Sarin

• 66 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 13:41

Well, you got me there, I have the same book, and it's signed by Mika, but I don't have Arto's autograph :(
Hope you enjoyed the rally. I won't be missing it next year!

#32 Cobra2

Cobra2

• 87 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 11:15

Hi all ! :up:
So sorry to have messed with your formula I will check the relevancy of any postings in future and will introduce myself properly when my embarrassment wears off a bit :o

#33 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

• 16,216 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 11:32

Originally posted by Cobra2
Hi all ! :up:
So sorry to have messed with your formula I will check the relevancy of any postings in future and will introduce myself properly when my embarrassment wears off a bit :o

Welcome Cobra2!! :wave:

I think you will figure it out pretty soon!!! :) :up:

#34 foreverferrari

foreverferrari

• 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2003 - 13:30

Hi all,
I am from India. F1 is my passion. I support Ferrari and MS. I would have to say that my loyalities lie with Team Ferrari. I started watching F1 durin the 1997 season. My fisrt race was San Matino , Which if i recall correctly was won by Frentzen with MS coming second. I aslo like Mika Hakkinen and I do thing JPM and Kimi are the future of F1. :)

#35 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 11:56

Originally posted by foreverferrari
Hi all,
I am from India. F1 is my passion. I support Ferrari and MS. I would have to say that my loyalities lie with Team Ferrari. I started watching F1 durin the 1997 season. My fisrt race was San Matino , Which if i recall correctly was won by Frentzen with MS coming second. I aslo like Mika Hakkinen and I do thing JPM and Kimi are the future of F1. :)

You know, 2 Indians I know on atlas f1 forums, both support Ferrari and MS.

I support them as well, but I've notice the pattern. Goodluck in Sepang, Ferrari and MS are out for revenge. :smoking:
:up:

#36 findes

findes

• 15 posts

Posted 13 March 2003 - 12:33

[SIZE=3]Im Back ........somehow ! [/SIZE] :wave:

#37 J Ruoska

J Ruoska

• 40 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 18:39

Tervetuloa Sarin & T. Salama, Wellcome all the others!!!

#38 SchueyNumber1

SchueyNumber1

• 4 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 20:58

My real name's Mike and I'm a big Michael Schumacher fan as my user name might show (coincidence, huh?). I've been watching F1 since 1995 when Michael won his second championship for Benetton, through the dark days of 1996-1999 and through to the glory days of the last three years. Australia was a bit of a bad race for Michael but I'm sure he'll bounce back and show the best of them the way home in the next few races, especially when the awesome F2003/GA comes out :up: :up: :up:.

I also think Alonso's pretty good but I think Verstappen is hopeless (sorry Jos fans :blush: ).

Anyway, this looks like a cool place to hang out, hopefully I'll have a real good time! :wave:

#39 Pookie

Pookie

• 33 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 04:15

Hi, I am Pookie. I am a big fan of Ferrari and Schumacher. I have been lurking here for a few months and have decided to join in. Oh, I am a girl too, girl fans are kinda rare.

Advertisement

#40 Fuse

Fuse

• 24 posts

Posted 16 March 2003 - 18:21

Hiya folks, guess I may as well add myself to the introductions thread :)

I'm 20 years old, and currently living in Loughborough, where I'm 2 years into a 5 year Mechanical Engineering degree! I've only been following F1 seriously for a couple of years now (shame on me!), but I've always had a bit of a soft spot for McLaren :)

I'll cut the details short now, 'cause I'm fairly sure nobody wants to hear me reel of a life story here :p

#41 Greg Locock

Greg Locock

• 6,349 posts

Posted 17 March 2003 - 01:49

Ah, Lowbrow University :rotfl: , had a couple of mates went there. FIVE years? Man, you get less for murder.

I'm a newbie on this board as well, but I have been following F1 on and off since 1975, pretty much gave up last year.

I live in Australia and design and analyse suspensions for a living.

#42 Garagiste

Garagiste

• 3,799 posts

Posted 17 March 2003 - 17:00

Welcome all, do check out the other forums. You can learn all sorts of things including the correct pronunciation of Loughborough: "Looga-Barooga! :lol: ;)

#43 Fuse

Fuse

• 24 posts

Posted 17 March 2003 - 23:26

Oi, stop taking the mick out of my uni name! :p

It's 4 years worth of study, plus 1 years work experience in industry. Whichever way you cut it though, it still means I'll be 23 nudging 24 by the time I finish!!!

#44 Greg Locock

Greg Locock

• 6,349 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 03:26

(I thought it was Lufbruff anyway.) 4+1 is a very sensible degree for a mechie. Is your year in industry in the automotive game?

#45 gerry nassar

gerry nassar
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,912 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 04:03

Your all welcome to the goldfish club! :clap:

Sean Valen - at the Melbourne GP an Indian girl and her father were sitting behind me and she cheered wildly as MS came out of the pits onto the track. I said "oh no - here we go" :rolleyes: ;) - then she cheered again when Ralf came by, and then again when Montoya, and then DC, and Kimi and Alonso..... :rotfl: :smoking:

#46 Fuse

Fuse

• 24 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 07:57

Im still in the process of looking for a placement actually. Ideally I'd like it to be in automotive, but it seems so does every other person looking for a job, so it may be that I'm forced to look elsewhere ):

#47 Tumppi@BXL

Tumppi@BXL

• 96 posts

Posted 18 March 2003 - 22:10

Better introduce myself here too, been hanging around for some time.

Name is Tuomo, though most of my friends call me Tumppi for some odd reason.

A Finn, living in Brussels - Belgium for two years now. Working on automotive/transport/it (Max Mosley is actually our chairman - :cool: ) organisation.

Been following F1 since I was 9, making it since 1982 - the glory days of Rosberg, whom I still have a very high respect for. Rooting for Räikkönen currently, more because he's Finn than anything else. Häkkinen I liked a lot, JJ at his peek even more, Salo I have not been rooting for since 1990 (you-already-know-why, or you do not have to know).

Everything that moves fast and has 4 wheels attracts me, be it F1, WRC, BelCar, DTM, F3000, CART, IRL, heck- even NASCAR when I am desperate! ...could someone actually explain me, why I drive an automatic diesel VW Bora!! :eek:

Well, enough of the rambling. See you on board! :p

#48 coachclass

coachclass

• 10 posts

Posted 19 March 2003 - 07:48

Just registered yesterday.

Am a malaysian, living in Malaysia. :clap:

Big Fan of MS. Big fan of Ferrari. Bigger fan of Marlboro Fags since they pay my wages :smoking: , so my allegiances are a matter of convenience and a little arm-twisting......

Closet Yoong, JPM and webber fan

Cheers

Nick from Malaysia

#49 Ayrton-No.1

Ayrton-No.1

• 98 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 14:56

Hello you Formula One Fanatics!

I´m 27, living in Slovakia.
Been watching F1 for 15 years now. As my nick name suggests, I´m a big Senna fan. I very much admire Ron Dennis as well, so I´m a big fan of Mclaren, too. But most of all I love pure racing and after a bit of recent years´politics rather than racing, I hope all is going to change soon.

Looking forward to discuss lots of issues with you guys!

Go DC go!!! :wave:

#50 M1Nx

M1Nx

• 82 posts

Posted 21 March 2003 - 17:39

Ive been registered for a while, but never came here. Some of you may know me from CT's & a couple of other boards :)