* * * - - 5 votes

The Racing Comments Introduction Thread for New Members

• Please log in to reply
1166 replies to this topic

#1001 fieraku

fieraku

• 5,304 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 16:26

Ok here's my story. I love all sports for starters,but my two loves are futbol and F1. Futbol is my wife and F1 is my mistress.Why? Because I've been watching it alone for 17 years,with no contact from the outside world until I joined forums about year ago.None of my friends,family anyone in my circle cares for F1,but it's ok coz they wouldn't understand waking at 2-3-4-5 am to watch some race or as I say to sneak and see my mistress.

I've always favored drivers,never teams.My two favorites were/are JPM and Lewis I love love love drivers that overtake and I mean the b@llsy stuff. I know Schumacher was as well,It would have been too easy he was so dominating.Plus I'm an AC Milan fan so I can't root for Juve.
It really bothers me when someone uses the terms fanboy/hater. I love F1 thus I don't hate any of the drivers I don't wake up at 4am to see something "I hate" :confused: ,don't care much for the teams,in my view they're the means of Great drivers getting to the top. Nobody remembers all the WCC winners,I think.

I don't really care for what drivers do or act besides than when their arse is on the seat and the car is on track,oh and yes I've become a Schumeister fan as well,how can you not love the "old guy". All the past bitterness is all forgiven.

Au revoir.

Advertisement

#1002 sealthedeal

sealthedeal

• 77 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 03:01

Hi all, Just a little test to see whether I have this posting business under control... Haven't been here for a while.

Does this link work? Let's see...

http://www.google.com

#1003 Currahee

Currahee

• 231 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:49

Hi Everybody. :wave:

I'm a Scottish F1 fan who likes all forms of motorsport.

I try to go to 1 F1 race a season and also been to see the BTCC at Knockhill a good few times and the DTM at Brands Hatch. Was at Belgium this year sitting on the banking at Pouhon. My wallet is still feeling the pinch from that trip.

I like most drivers as you've got to respect what they do but I obviously want di Resta to do well.

Favourite all time driver has to be Jim Clark as I live quite close to where he was from.

Cheers everyone.

#1004 sheogorath

sheogorath

• 300 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 00:50

Hello, I'm fairly new follower of Formula One, but I found this to be an interesting forum to share opinions and information. Greetings to all.

#1005 Aietes

Aietes

• 252 posts

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:17

Hi Everybody. :wave:

I'm a Scottish F1 fan who likes all forms of motorsport.

I try to go to 1 F1 race a season and also been to see the BTCC at Knockhill a good few times and the DTM at Brands Hatch. Was at Belgium this year sitting on the banking at Pouhon. My wallet is still feeling the pinch from that trip.

I like most drivers as you've got to respect what they do but I obviously want di Resta to do well.

Favourite all time driver has to be Jim Clark as I live quite close to where he was from.

Cheers everyone.

Hi! Welcome aboard :)

#1006 f1banter

f1banter

• 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 14:20

Hellooooo Everybody!

Just wanted to say hi as I have eventually got round to jumping into this forum :-)

#1007 InSearchOfThe

InSearchOfThe

• 514 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 19:17

Hi, I'll try and make this short. I grew up an hour an a half from Indianapolis and went to the 500 numerous times. Between raceday, poleday, and bubble day i've probably been to Indy 25 times. Also went to the 1st grand prix back in 2000. I've also been to the july Nascar race in Dayton in 2000. All that being said, i'm a huge F1 fan. I also follow indyCar, Moto GP, WRC, Aussie V8's, WSBK, AMA, DTM, and any other motorsport depending on series, track etc. Since i am an American, Nascar is waaay over played here on Speed tv. I've been a lurker on Autosport boards for awile now , and i thought i should finally get in the game. In closing i'll try and not piss to many people off. Thank ISOT

#1008 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 13,113 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 20:24

Hi, I'll try and make this short.

Welcome ISOT!!
Nice to have a well rounded fan on board.
Jp

#1009 abulafiaF1

abulafiaF1

• 156 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 18:40

Hi all. Long time F1 fan, I have been lurking on this forum for ages, but never registered.

Looking forward to the next season... :clap:

#1010 StrawberrySyrup

StrawberrySyrup

• 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 13:55

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum.

I've been following F1 since the mid 90s. I got hooked watching races with my parents on Sunday afternoons as Damon Hill became world champion!
Been hooked ever since, though must admit the Schumacher years did test my resolve a bit!!

Anyway I think that F1 is in a great place these days and I know it's contentious to some but I am looking forward to the Sky F1 channel's coverage of this beautfiul sport! Best of both worlds in my opinion for those who can get sky as the BBC's coverage and F1 forum etc all accesible later on iPlayer!

Anyway I love McLaren and I hope we see a British WDC come November! But just looking forward to what has the potential to be a wonderful season.

#1011 mgp77

mgp77

• 1 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 11:45

Hi all
I'm Gary from Sheffield, I've been an avid F1 fan since the mid 80s and have supported Williams since then.
I'm organising a F1 Fans Forum in London on Sunday 4th March, with special guests including Peter Windsor and Craig Scarborough (scarbsf1) It would be great to meet some of the regular contributes on here there. http://finalsector.eventbrite.co.uk/

#1012 NJB13

NJB13

• 157 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:57

Hi, Norm here, first timer here, although I am fairly regular at a few other forums. A devout Ferrari fan and a lover of F1.

#1013 eronrules

eronrules

• 3,204 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 23:43

hello everybody.......!!!

i'm Eron,from bangladesh, currently residing in Germany. Started watching formula 1 in 2003 and immediately fell in love with a young finnish driver named ICEMAN :love: rest is history. i learned to appreciate motorsport because of my understanding of cars, engine etc as i have a degree in mechanical engineering. other interest includes Motogp (Rossi fan) and WRC(peter solberg). hopefully start watching Indy from this year on if possible. i've been following this forum for quite a while but this is the first time thought of participating in it. hopefully it'll be nice.

#1014 TractionEvent

TractionEvent

• 34 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:38

Hello everyone.

David from Estonia.

I've followed F1 since the late 80's and have witnessed myriad of changes that have taken place. It'll be interesting to see what happens next...
This could potentially be a good year, however I think until they re-introduce (proper) in season testing, we might be in for another parade. Let's hope not..

D

#1015 robbied90

robbied90

• 85 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:09

Hello everyone. I am Robbie. I am 21 and I am a big fan of motorsport. I mainly follow F1 and the BTCC competitions but like to keep a breast of everything.

I like to follow McLaren in the F1 and follow Jason Plato in the BTCC. I don't have many prized posesions but I have one it's a cap signed by Nigel Mansell from his championship winning year. I didn't get it signed obviously but my dad gave it to me as a present when I was 7. My dad managed to meet him at Silverstone and got it signed there.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to chatting to you soon.

#1016 kevin4v

kevin4v

• 2 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 13:15

hi everyone,

My name is kevin from Antwerp ( belgium)
I am a silent reader since some years.
Looking forward to chat with everyone.

Bring on the 2012 championship

#1017 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 13,113 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 15:32

Hello everyone. I am Robbie. I am 21 and I am a big fan of motorsport. I mainly follow F1 and the BTCC competitions but like to keep a breast of everything.

I like to follow McLaren in the F1 and follow Jason Plato in the BTCC. I don't have many prized posesions but I have one it's a cap signed by Nigel Mansell from his championship winning year. I didn't get it signed obviously but my dad gave it to me as a present when I was 7. My dad managed to meet him at Silverstone and got it signed there.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to chatting to you soon.

robbied90;
It was indeed a pleasure to witness your wonderful contributions in The LIVE Thread during testing the other day.
I look forward to your input throughout the coming year.
Jp

#1018 robbied90

robbied90

• 85 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 17:03

robbied90;
It was indeed a pleasure to witness your wonderful contributions in The LIVE Thread during testing the other day.
I look forward to your input throughout the coming year.
Jp

Right back at you JP. Thanks :up:

#1019 Grizzlykev

Grizzlykev

• 12 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:16

Hi,

Im Grizzlykev from Paisley, Scotland.
I turn 30 this year and have been following F1 since I was a wee lad.
I usually follow the brits but more so the Scots.
Just thought id introduce myself.

Advertisement

#1020 DampMongoose

DampMongoose

• 1,212 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:15

Hi everyone, I'm keen on all motorpsort, particularly from a historical point of view, my many, many well worn, well read copies of Motorsport suggest as such, much to the Mrs disbelief that I can re-read articles over and over...

I have been hooked since my first visit to Silverstone (aged 5) to see the Jag's take on the 635's in the ETCC in 1984... it ripped down but didin't dampen my enthusiasm!

I'm lucky to be in an ideal location in the UK in that Silverstone, Brands Hatch, Donington, Rockingham and Snetterton are all within 1.5 hours, so hoping to attend many meetings this year as I have in the past, thanks for the opportunity to break the ice!

#1021 Amphicar

Amphicar

• 1,855 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 23:36

Hi everyone, I'm keen on all motorpsort, particularly from a historical point of view, my many, many well worn, well read copies of Motorsport suggest as such, much to the Mrs disbelief that I can re-read articles over and over...

I have been hooked since my first visit to Silverstone (aged 5) to see the Jag's take on the 635's in the ETCC in 1984... it ripped down but didin't dampen my enthusiasm!

I'm lucky to be in an ideal location in the UK in that Silverstone, Brands Hatch, Donington, Rockingham and Snetterton are all within 1.5 hours, so hoping to attend many meetings this year as I have in the past, thanks for the opportunity to break the ice!

Welcome 'goose - you took my advice (or perhaps you were planning to come here anyway). Whichever, it's good to have you here.

#1022 DampMongoose

DampMongoose

• 1,212 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 09:42

Welcome 'goose - you took my advice (or perhaps you were planning to come here anyway). Whichever, it's good to have you here.

I did indeed take your suggestion, having had a look and read a few threads, particlularly in the nostalgia forum, I think this place will be just my cup of tea!

#1023 Amphicar

Amphicar

• 1,855 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:04

I did indeed take your suggestion, having had a look and read a few threads, particlularly in the nostalgia forum, I think this place will be just my cup of tea!

Excellent - there's an "introduce yourself" sticky over on TNF too.

#1024 F1inBrum

F1inBrum

• 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 15:41

Hello All,
New member and long-time lurker/reader.
I was inspired to act after the BBC/Sky wranglings and I'm now the Birmingham rep for F1 in Pubs.
Throughout the year we'll be organising free pub meet-ups where you can watch the F1 for free and enjoy a pint.
Looking forward to engaging more on the forums too!
Have a great season everyone.
Peter

#1025 FirstWatt

FirstWatt

• 357 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 17:16

Hello from Switzerland. I follow F1 since around 1974, when I was a little boy and Clay Regazzoni was almost winning the championship. Unfortunately, Ferrari at that time did not say to Lauda "Let Clay pass for the championship" ;)
My greatest experience was watching the Dijon 1979 GP on TV in my summer vacation in Italy together with my uncle, of course hoping for the unforgettable Gilles V. getting second place in that astonishing final battle.

I posted sometimes in a german forum, but was looking for more objective reasoning. What I have seen here is that there are many different "camps" which are quite evenly distributed. So I registered and got permission to post today!
Thank you all which are running this forum, contributing to a interesting community.

Edited by FirstWatt, 07 March 2012 - 17:16.

#1026 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 13,113 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 17:57

I posted sometimes in a german forum, but was looking for more objective reasoning.

You'll have a job sorting the wheat from the chaff but there are gems on here,buried as they may be.
Sie haben arbeiten sortierung der die Weizen vom Spreu , aber es gibt edelsteine ​​auf hier, begraben da sie.

Jp

#1027 FirstWatt

FirstWatt

• 357 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 19:17

You'll have a job sorting the wheat from the chaff but there are gems on here,buried as they may be.
[...]

Well yes, and the job becomes more easy only after many posts read....

#1028 Group B

Group B

• 13,971 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:45

Hello from Switzerland. I follow F1 since around 1974, when I was a little boy and Clay Regazzoni was almost winning the championship. Unfortunately, Ferrari at that time did not say to Lauda "Let Clay pass for the championship" ;)
My greatest experience was watching the Dijon 1979 GP on TV in my summer vacation in Italy together with my uncle, of course hoping for the unforgettable Gilles V. getting second place in that astonishing final battle.

I posted sometimes in a german forum, but was looking for more objective reasoning. What I have seen here is that there are many different "camps" which are quite evenly distributed. So I registered and got permission to post today!
Thank you all which are running this forum, contributing to a interesting community.

As JP says, you'll need to do some major filtering :lol:

Welcome, anyway :up:

#1029 RealRacing

RealRacing

• 1,726 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 19:12

Hello,

Finally found the time to post in this thread. I have recently been given the Ok and have already written in some threads. I started watching F1 in the 80s, I think the first season was when Alboretto was at Ferrari. As many kids who start following F1, Ferrari was my favourite team back then, I guess mostly because we were enamoured with their road cars. With time that changed and nowadays I prefer to support racing before drivers and teams (and I guess that's the reason I picked my alias). I believe F1 should be a sport that provides good, fair racing and highlights driver talent, not team interests, but that's a subject for a completely new discussion.

I hope I have found a forum where one can have real, objective discussions, free from the influence of the subjectivity of team, driver or nation favouritism. If there is a sub-forum where I can find this, I would appreciate someone pointing it out.

Here's to productive F1 discussions.

#1030 merdelalit

merdelalit

• 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:44

Hi everyone, have been an F1 fan and forum reader for a long time.
Looking forward to the new season, this winter seems to have lasted forever!
Who ever you support hope the weekend turns out well, just not as well as my team :)

#1031 WatchingF1since4yearsold

WatchingF1since4yearsold

• 250 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:51

hi, im Rory, been watching F1 since I was 4! thanks to my dad lol

looking forward to new season and be watching GP2 as well!

#1032 TheFlou

TheFlou

• 24 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 16:21

I achieved the licence of posting! So i introduce myself!
i'm from germany and following F1 now for 11 or 12 years! i read along in different forums and comment sections but this one is the best so i want to become a part of it! I'm also interested in DTM and 24h races!
My favorit driver is Kimi Raikkonen! But during the years he wasnt in F1 i become a fan of Jenson Button and Kobayashi too.

So i'm really looking forward for the new season and taking part in discussions about any kind of motorsport and its cars and drivers!

Greetz

#1033 TimRTC

TimRTC

• 741 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 14:04

Just a quick hello. Long time F1 fan (although with many long breaks) and a regular at Santa Pod for the drag racing.

I will be at various Oulton Park and Croft Circuit events this year too.

#1034 ashley313

ashley313

• 224 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 23:11

Hello :)

New girl here from Washington DC! I am a longtime enthusiast of all things motorsport - started as a fan of BMW's in sc/endurance racing as a teenager, now an avid follower of everything from club racing to F1. Spent time traveling with an ALMS team sponsored by my family's business, and then worked for a team on the Grand Am circuit. I quit to get a "real world" job but I'm now seriously considering a move to Europe to pursue a long term career in motorsport.

Big time RBR fan (not a bandwagoner, I swear!) but also love JB, Kimi and PdR. I miss Kubica and even Heidfeld. I am, of course, completely obsessed with Seb - but I try to do a pretty good job of remaining objective ;)

Almost forgot - I'm a big time nerd for learning the technical side of F1 and all cars in general. While I was not blessed with an engineer's brain, I really love that stuff!

Edited by ashley313, 03 April 2012 - 23:14.

#1035 Viktoria

Viktoria

• 87 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 12:59

Hey there,

its me Vikki! I'm from ... idk if its a good idea too tell you that :).

I'm a huge Lewis fan but Fernando, Kimi, Heikki, and a lot more are my favs too!

Oh and btw. I'm not a Mclaren fan! I really love Sauber and Mercedes!

See yeah!!

Vikki :)

#1036 stevesingo

stevesingo

• 121 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 14:37

Long time F1 fan and I've been resisting the temptation to register as I spend too much time on the web as it is. But, sod it.

#1037 fatd

fatd

• 800 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 19:44

not my first post here actually, but it'd be great to have some introductory words!
a biggie f1 fan with some interest in aerodynamics and automotive design (in relation to my field of study :B)
a supporter of kimi and seb, supporting macca though so it's a little bit complicated to me lol.

#1038 X61

X61

• 520 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 04:41

Hi to you all, I've been browsing for a while but don't believe I've ever posted. I watch for a good race, so my favorite driver and team is whoever is in second. Unless we get a Dutch driver, then senseless nationalism will corrupt me. Canada is my favorite race, and although this may be unpopular, Monaco is my least favorite. I've been watching for about ten years, I'm 26 years old, and thus will not claim to recall races from 1968 in vivid detail. Anything you want to know, relevant or random, I'm an open book.

#1039 Risil

Risil

• 13,427 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:57

Unless we get a Dutch driver, then senseless nationalism will corrupt me.

:up: :lol: We've seen it happen before.

Edited by Risil, 18 April 2012 - 11:57.

Advertisement

#1040 Ohwell

Ohwell

• 6 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 20:11

Hi all! Long time follower of F1. Originally from India, but in the US of A since the past 5 years or so. Been extremely tough trying to follow F1 at the horrendous hours (7 am on most weekends :( that a race is on), but anyway try my best.

Big, big, big fan of MSC. Also appreciate Vettel/Webber/Alonso/Massa/Kimi/Bruno/Nico H.. actually most of the grid. This year so far even Hamilton :o;)

Looking forward to meaningless banter and wasting hours away on the forum :D

#1041 ascension

ascension

• 42 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 18:42

Hi!
i've been a lurker for a while, but finally I decided to register.. Not only F1 but also rally and motorcross are among my interests.
Posted Image

#1042 Romulan

Romulan

• 325 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 05:18

I love long walks on the beach . . . sorry, wrong site.

I love the sciences that govern Formula 1 and MotoGP. Not only physics, but psychology and political science as well.

#1043 metz

metz

• 9,697 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 14:04

Hi!
i've been a lurker for a while, but finally I decided to register.. Not only F1 but also rally and motorcross are among my interests.
Posted Image

I like to welcome new posters to this thread.
But if your thought provoking post in the Heidfeld thread is any indication of your contribution, you may want to go back to lurking.

#1044 TheWilliamzer

TheWilliamzer

• 688 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 17:22

Hi all! I was a fan and follower of the photoshop thread and thought I may give it a go and register, but found that this place is full of interesting topics! :)

And from my username you'll have an idea who I support! long time Williams fan and hope is always there :) the blue car will win again!

And sorry if there's any mistake, English is my 3rd language so try to understand me! :lol:

#1045 metz

metz

• 9,697 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 20:46

You picked a great year to come out for Williams.
They are on the way back... :up:

#1046 TheWilliamzer

TheWilliamzer

• 688 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 23:22

You picked a great year to come out for Williams.
They are on the way back... :up:

Thanks for the welcome!

I really hope the team gets a podium or a win this year! and lady luck must go back to Pastor :p

#1047 metz

metz

• 9,697 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 10:58

:clap: You got your wish granted in Spain.

#1048 TheWilliamzer

TheWilliamzer

• 688 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:52

:clap: You got your wish granted in Spain.

If only my luck was like that in love! :lol:

#1049 Towny

Towny

• 56 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 18:29

Hi everybody.
Been reading this forum for quite a few years i thought it was about time i joined.
:cool:

#1050 Alex76

Alex76

• 6 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 17:29

Hi everyone!

I am from France and i've been following F1 since 1996. My favorite drivers are Alesi, Hakkinen, Raikkonen, Grosjean and Vergne.
Since two years, i'm very happy to see again Lotus in F1 :) because i am a big fan of Lotus (my father restore Lotus Elan and Seven).

Cheers.