The Racing Comments Introduction Thread for New Members

• Please log in to reply
1187 replies to this topic

#1051 TheWilliamzer

TheWilliamzer

• 689 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:19

Hi everybody.
Been reading this forum for quite a few years i thought it was about time i joined.
:cool:

Good decision! welcome! :D

Hi everyone!

I am from France and i've been following F1 since 1996. My favorite drivers are Alesi, Hakkinen, Raikkonen, Grosjean and Vergne.
Since two years, i'm very happy to see again Lotus in F1 :) because i am a big fan of Lotus (my father restore Lotus Elan and Seven).

Cheers.

Bienvenue :p

Alesi was a spectacular racer especially his 10:10 steering position!

Edited by TheWilliamzer, 21 May 2012 - 10:21.

Advertisement

#1052 Rick911

Rick911

• 82 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:45

Hello all! I've been a frequent reader of the forums here and decided to join recently. I like most forms of motorsport and what I like is dependent on the time of year. As a motorsports fan, I'm concerned that the continuing evolution of the science of racing has replaced the uncertainty and as a consequence, reduced some of the "spectacle" of the sport.

#1053 MarcelBrDirani

MarcelBrDirani

• 116 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 13:28

Hi, i am a long time reader of this Forum

I am Brazilian, raced for 40 years and folow f1 since the 60´s.

#1054 TheWilliamzer

TheWilliamzer

• 689 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 15:49

Hi, i am a long time reader of this Forum

I am Brazilian, raced for 40 years and folow f1 since the 60´s.

Ola meu amigo! enjoy your time here! :)

#1055 TheBunk

TheBunk

• 4,083 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 22:29

I was gonna post this is the new moderators thread but it seems vanished? Anyway, I wanted to say the new additions to the team seems to help a lot in making the forum a nice place for debate again. They work hard and it shows. :up:

#1056 akshay380

akshay380

• 561 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:06

Akshay form India. Watching F1 since 2002 and following closely since 2009. I admire the forum members for the insight they provide into the F1. :up:

#1057 matzy

matzy

• 54 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 17:41

Hello all,

I thought I best introduce myself before posting. My name is Mat, I am in my mid-30s, and I am based in the UK (West Midlands). I have been an F1 fan all my life, with my earliest memories being the Senna/Prost/Mansell years. I have been a participating member of other F1 forums for the last decade or so and decided to give this one a go. I do follow other Motorsport, but none as closely as F1. Anyway, that is enough, for now :wave:

#1058 10e10

10e10

• 811 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 23:09

Hi all
I'm from Portugal, I have been watching F1 since I remember, being one of my earliest memories, which includes the death of Ayrton :| . I'm a big McLaren and Senna's fan. I've been a regular reader of the forum and so I finally decided to join.

#1059 SDLRob

SDLRob

• 66 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 23:03

Hello...

Name's SDLRob... or Rob.... or Oi You!

to use my twitter bio..

Scifi fan, Manchester United nut, Motor Racing Loon, Disabled, blabbermouth.

Big fan of a lot of forms of motorsports and if i had the chance, i'd have Motor Racing on my TV 24/7

Advertisement

#1060 siberianlady

siberianlady

• 119 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 20:59

Hello...

Name's SDLRob... or Rob.... or Oi You!

to use my twitter bio..

Scifi fan, Manchester United nut, Motor Racing Loon, Disabled, blabbermouth.

Big fan of a lot of forms of motorsports and if i had the chance, i'd have Motor Racing on my TV 24/7

Great to see you here Rob.
And he is the fastest man DOWN Eau Rouge! :wave:

#1061 AlessandroF1

AlessandroF1

• 9 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 13:49

Hello everybody!

My name is Alex and I'm from Russia. I have been watching F1 since 1999, but i watched earlier races))) My english is mot so good, but i try to speak on native language of one of greatest team in Formula-1 - McLaren. And, yes, I'm not fan of the some teams, I'm fan of pilots. It's Kimi, Checo, Jens and Michael...

#1062 ElAbuelo

ElAbuelo

• 33 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 00:17

hi all.
new member from Spain

#1063 JohnConnor

JohnConnor

• 13 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:48

Hello folks!

Occasional lurker, but finally decided to register. I'm from Finland and been obsessed with F1 since 1998. Maybe you can guess why since then. :cool:
Supporting Kimi, Heikki, Kubica, Vettel and Red Bull Racing. I also try to follow rally and ice hockey.

Hopefully we're gonna have good times. Cheers!

Edited by JohnConnor, 29 October 2012 - 09:51.

#1064 AM14

AM14

• 26 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 21:58

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking here for a while now and finally decided to create an account, although I don't know how often I'll actually post.

#1065 Sin

Sin

• 1,961 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 20:32

I'm 26 year old, german and female, a nerd at that. Came to F1 back in the days when I found out how much I like racing games on the computer (Need for Speed II: Special Edition), was watching it then (~1999) and soon was fan of Heinz-Harald Frentzen. I was heartbroken as HHF got kicked by Jordan and didn't watch any F1 race till India 2011, now I'm watching passionate again, since there are a few german drivers I can like (was never a big Schumacher fan but liked him more in his time with Mercedes).

Yeah :) and I found this page when looking for a stream of the autosport awards this year, which I of course didn't find instead I found this forum :).

Pleasure to meet you all..

Favorite drivers right now are probably Vettel, Hülkenberg and Grosjean... but then again I really like all the driver... kind of ... I didn't like Alonsos twitter comments this year

Edited by Sin, 26 December 2012 - 20:36.

#1066 MarileneRiddle

MarileneRiddle

• 399 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 17:25

Woohoo I can finally post! :clap:

Okay, other than my major gripe that it took 2 months to approve my account, I am happy that I can finally join these forums. Seems quite friendly despite the usual fanboy-ism prevalent in all sport forums. Hope to be able to share my opinion on F1. :wave:

Looking forward to:
  • Sebastian Vettel's 4th Title
  • Kimi and Grosjean helping Lotus to at least 2nd in the WCC
  • Felipe Massa outracing Alonso
  • Nico Hulkenberg being the best of the rest
And of course, more fun on the BBC coverage! (and a good SPA weekend to celebrate my birthday ;) )

Edited by MarileneRiddle, 24 January 2013 - 17:26.

#1067 ewanarm

ewanarm

• 23 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 13:03

Hi All,

I'm a newbie. 44 year old motorsport fan - love all types of motorsport from wet, muddy days as a 10 year old watching my 14 year old cousin doing motocross in the wilds of Staffordshire, through banger racing and speedway in Sheffield to Formual 1, Le Mans and BTCC. Also love American motorsport including the Good Ol' Boys of NASCAR and the white teeth and tans of IndyCar.

Regards

Ewan, Sheffield UK :wave:

#1068 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 13,610 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 14:29

Hi All,

I'm a newbie. 44 year old motorsport fan - love all types of motorsport from wet, muddy days as a 10 year old watching my 14 year old cousin doing motocross in the wilds of Staffordshire, through banger racing and speedway in Sheffield to Formual 1, Le Mans and BTCC. Also love American motorsport including the Good Ol' Boys of NASCAR and the white teeth and tans of IndyCar.

Regards

Ewan, Sheffield UK :wave:

Hi Ewan
Welcome aboard
We have a GREAT community of fans here.
The best of which, oddly enough, are to be found on the NASCAR and IndyCar threads.
You'll also find some threads that offer good-natured hilarity from time to time, scattered around the place.

Please join us.
Jp
PS..This,of course, applies to ALL our recent additions

#1069 GodHimself

GodHimself

• 206 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 14:33

Hi all,

My name is God and I have been an alco... oh wait, wrong forum... a motorsport enthusiast for what feels like an eternity.

Best of wishes,
GodHimself

Edited by GodHimself, 25 January 2013 - 14:38.

#1070 ScottMB

ScottMB

• 41 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 22:02

Hi there everyone. I'm Scott, and needless to say a motorsport enthusiast, mostly F1, with a close eye on GP2 and GP3. Indycar and Nascar Sprint Cup when I can. I am a snapper, so I may post a few of my shots from time to time if I spot something 'interesting'. First trip overseas will be the the F1 test at CdC 19-22nd Feb. Always interesting to see what new innovations are on the cars; so will try to get some shots of any innovative aero designs.

See you out there (behind a lens)...

#1071 Cascade

Cascade

• 14 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 22:43

Helloes, peoples!

I've been a fan of Schumi for years but now that he's retired, I'm simply supporting the Mercedes drivers and Hülkenberg. So, that's it and stuffs. Oh, and I also like eggs.

#1072 coppilcus

coppilcus

• 362 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 19:01

After three months that felt like three years... I can finally post!

Greetings

:wave:

#1073 ApexMouse

ApexMouse

• 909 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 16:40

Helloes, peoples!

I've been a fan of Schumi for years but now that he's retired, I'm simply supporting the Mercedes drivers and Hülkenberg. So, that's it and stuffs. Oh, and I also like eggs.

:lol:

Greetings all. :wave:

A keen follower of F1 for 12 years, and a fan of all Motorsport. Apart from drifting, eugh. Also a bit of an engineer, so forgive my armchair opines on technical matters!

A big fan of Lotus F1 (but don't worry, not a dribbling kimi fanboy by any means), Toyota LMP (1 car? Come on!) and Sebastian Ogier. Even if he is just a tad confident. Perhaps.

I also quite like cheese. Yes.

#1074 Jyllenberg

Jyllenberg

• 71 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 16:49

[sarcasm]Didn´t took long to get rights for making posts![/sarcasm]

Nevermind, hello to everyone here! This is one of the quickest motorsport news sources so I have visited here time by time for almost a decade. Was lazy and finally submitted my registration after last season finale.

#1075 andrew83

andrew83

• 2 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 18:37

Hello everyone. Looking forward to some good discussions of the boards. I've spent way too much time in "wild country" arguing with blinkered fanboy/girl trolls so am hoping for better things here. :wave:

#1076 f1gooner

f1gooner

• 11 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 14:50

Hi there!I've been a f1 fan for over fifteen years now and I always enjoyed reading these threads.I have been a fan of some great drivers and teams during that time, notably Hakkinen and M.Schumacher for Mclaren and Ferrari respectively.These days am an avid fan of Sebvet and Red bull.Also like football and tennis.

#1077 JeanTodt86

JeanTodt86

• 25 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:43

hello f1 gays
My name is Goran and I am from Serbia
I just want to say hello, and I'm very glad that I finally managed to write something on this forum.

Extremely big fan of Ferrari (since 1995) and Gilles Villeneuve.
although I did not watch him live I did watch hih all races since hi came in F1, until his tragic death.
For me the best driver ever in F1.

#1078 LeonardoV

LeonardoV

• 55 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 22:38

hello ladies and gentlemen :wave:

#1079 KTF1

KTF1

• 120 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 15:00

Hi everyone, I've been lurking around here for a little while, now I've finally plucked up the courage to register ;) Been an F1 follower for a while (exactly how long I don't know), I'm a Massa, Vettel, Webber, Pérez, Bianchi and Red Bull fan :D as well as Bruno Senna ;)

Advertisement

#1080 MikeV1987

MikeV1987

• 1,645 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 16:17

Hello all

I have been lurking the forum for a while now so I started posting today. I was originally lured to the forum by this thread http://forums.autosp...howtopic=103216 which I really enjoyed.

I started watching in about 2007, by the time 2008 started, I was addicted. When I started watching I chose Kubica & Vettel as the drivers I wanted to support, along with BMW-Sauber as my favourite team (I am a huge fan of BMW road cars) I guess I liked Kubica because he was the underdog in the 08' WDC, he was super fast and super consistent I was very disappointed when BMW stopped developing the F1.08, they should have seized the opportunity. I started to like Vettel because I really admired how he is the same age as I was and was in F1, the way he tossed that Toro Rosso around made most of the veteran drivers look like amateurs! I thought it was a pretty cool thing. Then when he started winning I was labeled as a bandwagoner and whatnot on other forums but oh well :lol:

As of right now, I still miss Kubica and I still really like Vettel, even though I have been cheering for Kimi Raikkonen and Lotus F1 now a days. Either way I love the sport more than ever and I can't wait to see how this season turns out! Also, being a VW owner, I am crossing my fingers for VW to buy out Sauber. :)

See you around guys and girls.

#1081 tvianna

tvianna

• 20 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 00:06

Hi everyone!

I'm a 29 year old motorsport nut from Rio de Janeiro and I watch F1 since I can remember.
As an engineer, I'm very interested in the technical side of the sport as well.
My favorite drivers are Massa (of course), Hamilton and Kimi. Looks like they are set for a great season...

See you around! :wave:

#1082 Race2win

Race2win

• 26 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 07:23

Hola, been watching F1 since early 90s, I am from India, and a Kimi Fan...

#1083 psychedelic

psychedelic

• 4 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 15:00

Hi, I've been watching and following F1 since the early 90's and have been lurking in here for a good 4 to 5 years.
I'm always amazed at the technical knowledge here.

Edited by psychedelic, 23 March 2013 - 23:09.

#1084 kor

kor

• 6 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 06:44

Hi everyone,

I’m kor (keep on racing) and I’m following this forum for quite a while now. English is my second language, so please cut me some slack, if my comments get a little "strange".

As my name suggests, I’m a fan of the sport, not a driver or a team in particular although I have my favorites.

See you around! :wave:

#1085 RedRocksF1

RedRocksF1

• 58 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 14:43

Hello!

I´m a F1 fan from Andalusia (Spain), and I´m visiting the forum from several months ago. Very interesting most of the times so why not to participate?

Also like motogp and rally and this year I´m trying to follow DTM.

English is not my language but I want to improve so please don´t blame me so much!

See you!

#1086 3star

3star

• 7 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 20:26

Hi all. I started following F1 when Jacques Villeneuve joined the circus and became a fan of the Brackley team through its various incarnations ever since as a result. That obviously makes me a Mercedes fan currently and I'm hoping for some good results this year with the new influx of talent showing their worth.

#1087 mandingo

mandingo

• 11 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 17:11

Hi I am Mandingo . some of you would know me ;D , but to your surprise I am a massive F1 fan

#1088 purplehaireddolphin

purplehaireddolphin

• 203 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 14:31

:wave: ow do

Love F1, GP2/3 & BTCC

(and most other motorsport if I'mhonest)

I also have akeyboard with a dodgyspacebar :blush:

#1089 F1andDone

F1andDone

• 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 20:40

Hi! F1 fan from Boston. Just back from Montreal. Montreal is a great city but the 2013 race was too much of a parade off my liking. I do a podcast on F1 from the American perspective. Check us out if you like: http://f1anddone.wordpress.com/. Or don't, no pressure. I'm very much looking forward to the New York City race if they can make it happen.

Looking forward to chatting!

#1090 cturvf1

cturvf1

• 16 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 17:57

Hiya!
Im 34 and a massive F1 fan...as is my 8yo daughter.
i've watched F1 since the late 80's...my daughter has been right into it last season and this season and bless her is a massive Nico Rosberg fan.

I dont have a favourite driver/team at the moment but im a firm believer that the greatest driver we have ever seen was the late,great Ayrton Senna.

#1091 np93

np93

• 88 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 19:45

Hi there, I'm np93, or Nathan, and I have a problem. I'm addicted to most forms of motorsport, and I've got a blog going if anyone fancies a read, gonna start this weekend for Hungary, just in time for the four week gap where there'll be nothing to talk about. wackyworldofmotorsport.blogspot.com

Edited by np93, 22 July 2013 - 19:46.

#1092 Tapz63

Tapz63

• 311 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:38

Hi my name is Paul I've been reading the forum for a month now and decided to join as I would like to discuss f1 with ther fans :)

#1093 DiabeticSheep

DiabeticSheep

• 19 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:30

Hello there.

My name is Mike, I'm from France, living in the suburbs of Paris. I'm 35, a huge motorsports fan and sports cars. I am the founder of the biggest VW VR6 french forum (founded in 2003), i love BMWs (i own an M3 e46), Mustangs, english and italian cars, mechanics, aviation and music (i am also musician).

I've been reading this forum for 3 weeks and i decided to register.

Hoping to discuss with true motorsports fans here  :)

#1094 ptw

ptw

• 6 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 18:12

Salam from Kazakhstan!

I've been reading this forum for.... not so long actually

I support: 

1-Kimi in F1

2-Petter Solberg in rally-cross

3-Latvala in WRC

4-Vietoris and Juncadella in DTM

5-Rossi in MotoGP

and - Ana Ivanovich in tennis  :yawnface:

#1095 HeidfeldsBeard

HeidfeldsBeard

• 156 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:43

Good Morning everyone - British F1 fanatic here.  :wave:

23 years old, followed F1 closely since 1997. Formerly a supporter of Damon Hill, Jaques Villeneuve, Hakkinen (Well basically anyone who was competing with Schumi), Heidfeld and Montoya. Currently rooting for Alonso, Hamilton, Maldonado and Sutil. Now that I'm self sufficient and earning a wage my aim is to get to at least 1 race every year. Did Silverstone in 2008, Monza last year and Budapest this year - I seem to be a lucky charm for Hamilton as he has won all 3!! Would love to find a way of working in F1.

Started paying more attention to MotoGP, following Crutchlow. and I also keep a close eye on GP2, BTCC (I get to Snetterton most years), WRC and IndyCar.

Other interests/hobbies include Travel, Gaming, Football and sport in general.

Looking forward to contributing!  :D   

#1096 westy88

westy88

• 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:41

Hello!

Long time reader of the mag and thought it was time to get involved here. I'm a big Kimi fan!

#1097 MrTea

MrTea

• 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 15:14

Hello to all; I've been reading this forum for a while and thought I'd finally register. Have been watching F1 since 1983.

#1098 purplehaireddolphin

purplehaireddolphin

• 203 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 16:04

Hi  :wave:

Not my first post but I've only just seen this thread  :drunk:  :blush:

Supporter of Mclaren and all the British drivers  :up:

#1099 Buttoneer

Buttoneer
  • RC Forum Admin

• 16,858 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:17

Come on Purp, dive in to the Kimi threads.  They're kinda fun too.

Advertisement

#1100 purplehaireddolphin

purplehaireddolphin

• 203 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 15:03

Come on Purp, dive in to the Kimi threads.  They're kinda fun too.

the Kimi threads scare me  :rotfl:

Hello, BTW, so this is where you wented