• 171 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 14:44

it's nice to be needed  :cool:

#1103 Schuttelberg

Schuttelberg

• 257 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 13:48

Hullo friends. 

First off, a big thanks to the Autosport administrators for allowing me to be part of what looks like an incredibly well informed and fun F1 forum. 

I'm Kushal, from India, an F1 enthusiast and a racing fan in general. Look forward to a great time on the forums and hopefully make a few friends along the way!  :stoned:

#1104 Staycool

Staycool

• 12 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 22:03

hello everyone i am a new member and cannot wait to discuss f1 with other fans alike :)

#1105 Electric

Electric

• 12 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:28

Hello people,  I have been an F1 fan since the 80s.  I have been a Ferrari supporter, but I love a good race and at times will root for drivers who are not in a scarlet car.  For instance I would have loved to see Kimi be more successful.  I live in California USA.  Greetings to you all.

#1106 gluon

gluon

• 318 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:43

Hello people,  I have been an F1 fan since the 80s.  I have been a Ferrari supporter, but I love a good race and at times will root for drivers who are not in a scarlet car.  For instance I would have loved to see Kimi be more successful.  I live in California USA.  Greetings to you all.

Welcome to the forums!

You're lucky to have witnessed F1 back in the 80s. Though I have some flashbacks from that era, since I was only a child I can't really say I remember it well. Nevertheless, I have photographic memory from F1 starting in the early 90s when it was still awesome.

#1107 JohnCooperF1

JohnCooperF1

• 69 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 16:29

It seems this is wher the adventure begins...

Hi all, JohnCooperF1 reporting for duty. :wave:

Basic Bio, My name is John from London and have been following F1 for a fair few years now usually favouring a few drivers rather than teams, I hve bben known to watch tin tops but I have never really gotten into bike (no offence to those that do, I am sure the loss is mine). I suspect that F1 forms the bulk of the forum chat and if I'm being honest that is where I will be most likely be found. :)

The drivers I have been supporting over the last few seasons are young Vettel (ducks down) and young Hamilton... I must admit I always expected Lewis to be doing what Seb is (ie back-to-back championships) .

While I welcome another win for Seb and potentially another championship, I think we are overdue a new champion... Although not my driver I'd be happy to see Alonso complete the dream and win in a Ferrari, it would be good for the sport.

John

#1108 gluon

gluon

• 318 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 16:39

Welcome John!

I agree with you. Though I won't mind too much about seeing Vettel taking his 4th title, I surely believe it would be much more interesting if Alonso or even Hamilton could do it.

#1109 JohnCooperF1

JohnCooperF1

• 69 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 18:29

Thanks Gluon :wave:

Well with 7 races left it is not cut and dried... it would make for a fantastic season end if Lewis and Alonso could close down the gap... or even Kimi (but I think Lotus have shot their bolt for this year)

I will of course cheer a 4th title should Seb manage it but while I like Schumacher I was delighted when his run of 5 ended, it's a boost when new faces make the podiums.

Edited by JohnCooperF1, 18 September 2013 - 18:32.

#1110 gluon

gluon

• 318 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 18:55

Yeah, Lotus seems definitely out of the equation now. Seems like their development of this year's car has stagnated and there's not much Kimi can do now. Between Alonso and Hamilton my preference goes to the British driver, however I reckon Alonso would probably be the most deserving champion this season. Especially taking into account his past seasons with Ferrari, always fighting for a podium without the best car out there.

I was a fan of Schumacher myself, yet I got bored in 2004. :D

#1111 sennafan24

sennafan24

• 3,290 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 22:01

I should introduce myself, as I am new to Autosport forums

My real name is Jim Clarke, I am not named after the "Jim Clark" but its a pretty cool F1 name to have, older folks always ask me if I am named after a F1 legend, which is always cool.

I am 26 from England, and like most of you I would presume love Formula One. My username and photo should give you a clue to whom my 2 favorite drivers are. Been a fan since I was young, kept in fairly casual, but really got into F1 the past 2 years or so. 

I write for another F1 website (which I will not shrill here) and in the real world I am about to start my Masters Degree in Criminal Justice. 

I try and be objective with my views, but am open for debates and counter arguments. Feel free to have banter with me, I am pretty laid back on these things (unless someone questions Lewis or Senna  :p )

Should be fun posting with you  :clap:

#1112 LewDaMan

LewDaMan

• 263 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:42

Hello everyone

I'm Lewis by the way. No, not that Lewis!

But I share the same christian name as Mr.Hamilton but sadly not his driving ability! :(

So my username is a (as you no doubt will all agree, hilarious) play on that fact and that Mr.Hamilton is my favourite current driver.

#1113 gluon

gluon

• 318 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 13:41

Hello everyone

I'm Lewis by the way. No, not that Lewis!

But I share the same christian name as Mr.Hamilton but sadly not his driving ability! :(

So my username is a (as you no doubt will all agree, hilarious) play on that fact and that Mr.Hamilton is my favourite current driver.

Welcome!

You do have good taste regarding F1 drivers. :p

#1114 LewDaMan

LewDaMan

• 263 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 21:17

Welcome!

You do have good taste regarding F1 drivers. :p

Ha!

And thank you!

#1115 LionAlex

LionAlex

• 28 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:16

Hi all!

I'm Alexey from Russia. 

Sorry for my English :)

#1116 Jerem

Jerem

• 168 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:39

Hi!

I'm Jeremy from France. I'm 28, love F1 and all motorsports in general (that's usually how you end up on this kind of forums I guess ^^)

If I have to pick some favourites, I'm a Kimi fan, but I generally like all the drivers that are not too stupid on track, and I'm of course an admirer of the other top F1 drivers like Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel. As for teams I don't care much.

About other motorsports, I mostly like DTM, F3, rallying and MotoGP.

I'm very happy to be a member of this forum where the level seems to be extremely high.

#1117 RB1

RB1

• 51 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:56

Hi

I'm Richard from York, England. I have been a fan of F1 since my Dad and Uncle introduced me to it at a young age in the late 80's. I was a fan of Schumacher throughout the 90's and 00's.

I've always loved the technical side as much as the actual racing, which was why I got interested in engineering and am now researcher in an engineering department. 

I've been a frequent reader here for a while now because you guys seem to be more informed than a lot of the professional journalists and finally decided to join.

#1118 Lukenwolf

Lukenwolf

• 49 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 15:56

Hi there y'all,

Long-time racing fan from Germany here. Still proudly carrying a torch for the most inspiring racing driver ever - Alex Zanardi :wave:

#1119 Group B

Group B

• 13,971 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 18:07

Welcome on board all; it's non-stop fun here :-)

Advertisement

#1120 dizlexik

dizlexik

• 33 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 19:43

I joined this forum 4 years ago, but the forum still thinks I'm new member :) Hello everyone!

#1121 SebnandoKimilton

SebnandoKimilton

• 71 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 19:36

aragorn-double-doors1.gif

I think this .gif of an awesome entrance best describes my entrance to the forum  :p

#1122 Hyak

Hyak

• 26 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 18:57

Hello. New forum member. Maybe next year's rule changes will make for a more exciting F1.

#1123 EricSivry

EricSivry

• 146 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:34

My name is Eric. I've been following f1 since the mid 90s.

#1124 PeterGrahamQuill

PeterGrahamQuill

• 6 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:36

Hello to everyone here. Signed up to get my F1 fix over the winter. Hoping for some good discussion to forget how many days left before Oz!

#1125 Blutto

Blutto

• 9 posts

Posted 30 November 2013 - 13:44

Greetings

Looking forward in participating one of the most mature F1 forums around. Been following F1 since Schumie / Benetton days. See you guys.

#1126 Maico18

Maico18

• 6 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 15:25

Well, come on.

22 years old, Brazilian, student and passionate about motorsport since 1996. I hope that this forum will provide excellent discussions where I can attend.  :)

#1127 Angellica

Angellica

• 2 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 13:06

Hello to you all, another new member here. Looks like a lot of fun, can't wait to join in :wave:

#1128 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 13,216 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 15:27

Greetings

Looking forward in participating one of the most mature F1 forums around.

:lol:

Jp

#1129 DampMongoose

DampMongoose

• 1,244 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 15:47

Greetings

Looking forward in participating one of the most mature F1 forums around. Been following F1 since Schumie / Benetton days. See you guys.

Can you let me know where that is, it'd be a welcome distraction.

#1130 demet06

demet06

• 114 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 18:17

Hi everyone

Sorry its not my first post but I seemed to have overlooked this page.

My name is Dave and grew up watching Jim Clark, Graham Hill and John Surtees among others on the tv. Keke was my ultimate hero, the epitome of an F1 driver for me. A man of his times and no bullsh*t. Loved Nigel's attitude on the track but not quite so much off it.

Of the modern drivers I'm really impressed with Seb, he's already an all time great and only 26!

#1131 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 13,216 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 19:09

My kinda guy, this demet06

Also amazed  how he was able to peck out such an eloquent introduction with his head smacking the keyboard like that.

Jp

#1132 demet06

demet06

• 114 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 19:32

My kinda guy, this demet06

Also amazed  how he was able to peck out such an eloquent introduction with his head smacking the keyboard like that.

Jp

Its the only way I can type!

#1133 Intratable

Intratable

• 17 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 19:04

Hello everyone, 

I came back after seven years. I think I will participate much more in 2014.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year for all of you.

Esteban

#1134 Maikel0230

Maikel0230

• 127 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 18:33

Hello everyone,

my name is Maikel Joosten, 19 years old, from Belgium

I've been a big F1 fan for as long as I can remember. Some of you might know me from F1 fanatic (force maikel) or Gppits.net (maikel0230) where I'm part of the editorial staff. I have been looking for another forum to broaden my mind and to meet more F1 fans in general. I am still a major Ferrari fan but not anymore like in the Schumacher years. So that's me, I hope to a nice addition to the forum and I'm looking forward to the converstations I will have here.

#1135 GoodSister

GoodSister

• 95 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 17:10

I'm not new - I've been on here for about 18 months, but have only been posting with any sort of frequency for the last couple of months but I hope to stick with it so I will introduce myself.

I'm Kate, my age is somewhere between 20 and 30 and I am from the UK. I haven't been following F1 for many many years (only since 2005), but it has become my biggest interest. I don't get to talk about F1 with my friends and family as most of them are not interested, so I do hope to get more involved in the discussions on here. 

Please be nice to me - I'm shy  :p

#1136 Akcy

Akcy

• 10 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:32

Hello, my name is Ákos, I live in Budapest, Hungary. I've been lurking around here for a while, mostly in the Nostalgia section.

I've been following F1 ever since I can remember, which is the early 80s. The drivers I've been rooting for over the years were at first Lauda, then Senna, then Schumi. After his first retirement I've found myself just watching F1 for the sake of it, although having been a Schumi fan pretty much made me a Ferrari fan as well. After his 3 ha-humm years I guess that's where I'm now again.

Looking forwrd to the discussions with the knowledgeable people here.

#1137 bobthewrestler

bobthewrestler

• 43 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 09:01

Hi, I'm Bob and I'm a speedaholic.

#1138 Petert87

Petert87

• 18 posts

Posted 29 January 2014 - 22:23

Hello there,

My name is Peter, 26 years old from Emmeloord, the Netherlands. I'm following F1 since GP of Belgium in '98 and since then I'm loving it!

At the beginning I was a Schumi fan, until he leaves the F1. When Kimi come to Ferrari I was supporting him. After a couple of years he leaves Ferrari and Alonso came. So guess what? Supporting Alonso. And now Kimi is back to Ferrari. I think they are the best 2 drivers in one team since Senna/Prost!

So that is my introduction. Hope I have a lot of fun here!

#1139 Mat13

Mat13

• 46 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 22:04

Evening all, I've only just found this forum, while looking for info on the 'dog kennel air box' on the 98 Mclaren! Now quite happily getting my F1 testing fix, thank you! Mat

Edited by Mat13, 30 January 2014 - 22:04.

Advertisement

#1140 bmd

bmd

• 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 20:48

Hello everyone,

My name is Brendan , I am obviously an F1 fan, and given how long ago I created this account it is more than likely a bit late to be joining the first post party! I actually used to frequent this site when it was AtlasF1 - before it became the offical autosport web precence.  I even wrote an "article" for it back in the day: http://atlasf1.autos...view/index.html . Mines the one about McLaren - how wrong I was!

Nice to meet you all and hope to enjoy some interesting conversation while following an exciting season. Lets hope Kevin gets a win in his debut year! :clap:

Edited by bmd, 03 February 2014 - 20:49.

#1141 SylvesterDiResta

SylvesterDiResta

• 8 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 21:28

Hi everyone :)

I'm CJ, from the UK (sort of) and I must have signed up about a year ago now, and then almost promptly forgot my password, so I haven't posted much, but thought I should pop into this thread to say hello. I'm on my gap year before Uni, and I've been watching F1 since 2007, so, somewhat naturally, the driver I support to the hilt is Lewis - ever since that gravel trap at Nurburgring! I'm slowly branching out into other forms of motorsport, so MotoGP the last few years, F3, GP2, and now Endurance racing. I love reading this forum as it just seems to be a mine of information, and of course the photoshop threads are brilliant!

#1142 sarcasticbarsteward

sarcasticbarsteward

• 3 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:45

Hello everyone.

I'm Craig from Nottingham, England.

I'm a massive McLaren fan, so more of a team supporter rather then driver fan so it gives me a laugh to read the driver V's driver threads and the biased opinions.

Love the technical bits, although me mates think I'm sad when I go on about a new turning vane and upgrades.

This is the first forum I've joined so hope I don't annoy everyone with my unique sense of humour (read sarcasm)

Mods have I had some sort of warning or summit? :(

Edited by sarcasticbarsteward, 09 February 2014 - 02:53.

#1143 GavTI

GavTI

• 1 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:43

Hello from Ireland,

Long time lurker, first time poster!

Massive F1 fan, only been lucky enough to get to one race, Belgium Gp in 2002. I can still remember walking in paddock and being greeted with the ear splitting sound of an F1 car roaring up Eau Rouge.

Still makes my hair stand on end just thinking about it and that was only an Arrows on a installation lap.   

#1144 HammerStorm

HammerStorm

• 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:19

Hello from California!

My passion with motorsport began when my Dad brought me to the Indy 500 for my 7th birthday.  Our visit the the yard of bricks ended up becoming an annual tradition.  This year marked my twentieth race seen from Turn One Vista and Tony Kanaan took the win!  I met Tony and Rubens Barrichello during Indy testing and the debut of the DW12 in Sonoma- class acts and two of my favorite drivers.

I began my affair with F1 over the last three years.  Waking up every race weekend at 4:30am to catch the live broadcast.  Over this last season it became 4:30am on both Saturday and Sunday mornings since Qualifying became to difficult to resist watching live.  I am definitely a Kimi fan and still crack up when I think about Abu Dhabi in 2012.

Started to gather vintage F1 and LM books; just finished The Limit and am about to start Go Like Hell.  If you have any recommendations- fire away!

I'm a huge gearhead and can be found at car meets ranging from aircooled VWs to AMGs.

Good to meet everyone & looking forward to reading more on motorsport!

#1145 TheRumbleStrip

TheRumbleStrip

• 19 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 13:00

Michael, The Rumble Strip.

Edited by TheRumbleStrip, 16 March 2014 - 21:37.

#1146 wardy

wardy

• 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 17:20

Hello everyone and thanks for the invite to be part of this forum.  I just came across this website last week from the rock I have been under and have been skimming through the threads ever since.  A little about myself, I'm from Arizona and work as a Firefighter/Engineer/Paramedic.  In my off time I do a little motorsport artwork and just started restoring race cars a couple years ago (Off road cars).  My major interests lie in Off Road Racing (Mint 400, Baja 500 and the Baja 1000) but am always interested in motorsports as a whole.  The vintage stuff really intrigues me as of late as my buddy Jeff Furrier and myself have restored and raced a 3 time winning Baja 1000 buggy from the late 70's at the NORRA Mexican 1000 (Vintage off road race) in 2011 and won our class. 

Mark Stahl Chenowth 1000 racer...

img0864copy.jpg

Right now I'm in the process of restoring on of Mickey Thompson's off road cars from 1977 and am in the final stages now.  It has been about a 3 year project and will be completed by May of this year so I can run it at THIS years NORRA Mexican 1000.  After the race it will get cleaned up and go on a museum tour.

Mickey Thompson's Challenger IV racer, old Valvoline ad...

valvolinead2copy.jpg

On display at this years SEMA show in Las Vegas...

50tr.jpg

With all that being said, I'm excited to start exploring the forums and checkout the history of the older F1 and Indy cars from years past.  Thanks for having me.  Sincerely, Rory Ward.

Edited by wardy, 24 February 2014 - 17:24.

#1147 2aron

2aron

• 51 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 12:34

Hello all,

Aaron here from Canada, eh.  I have been follwing F1 off and on since I was a wee lad rooting for Gilles with my dad.  Other motorsports as the interest takes me.  I signed up mostly to get involved in the guessing games.

Thanks, and looking forward to this season.

Aaron

#1148 chadwick8505

chadwick8505

• 45 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 16:15

Hello All,

My name is Charles, I'm a 24 year old law student in New York. Been a long time fan of Formula 1 (if a 24 year old can even be a long time fan). Last two seasons I watched every session no matter what god forsaken time it was. I found this forum after the Codemasters forum shut down and needed my F1 discussion fix. I'm looking forward to an exciting season with lots of unpredictable results. My favorite driver is Kimi so I'm hoping the new rules give him a shot, but really I'll be happy if no one driver/team dominates the entire season. I entered a few of the guessing games which look like a lot of fun and having a place to discuss this crazy sport again will be fun.

Thanks

#1149 yugin

yugin

• 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 01:40

Hi everyone!

I'm a 17 year old student who's been a die-hard fan of F1 since I got a cable subscription to it 5 years ago, back when I didn't know the meaning of YouTube or internet streams. F1 is more than just a passion, it's also my dream job. I support Ferrari and both their drivers (especially Kimi), though I'd love for Massa to do well at Williams too. Given my age I don't know much about historical F1, but for all other aspects it's great to have found a forum filled with active and knowledgeable fans to discuss the world's best sport* with.

Cheers from Singapore.

*sometimes

#1150 Mart280

Mart280

• 84 posts

Posted 20 March 2014 - 10:32

Hi guys and gals

I've been lurking awhile and had to register to reply to an outrageous comment that by the time I had posting priviledges I had forgotton all about :D I've been following F1 since the late 70's and been a Williams supporter since about 85, really excited with the turn around at team Willy thanks in no small part to the excellent Claire Williams, I have  a bit of a crush on "our Claire" and I loved the look on her face after Bottas tagged the wall on Sunday, it's great to know that the team is in safe hands when she gets the top job but that will hopefully be a long time in the future.