The Racing Comments Introduction Thread for New Members

• Please log in to reply
1173 replies to this topic

#1151 Crikeyf1

Crikeyf1

• 7 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:52

Hi guys,

New poster here. I am 17, from Ireland and a die hard Lewis Hamilton fan. Been watching the sport since I was a wee chap so I'm well up to speed!

Advertisement

#1152 RealFantasy

RealFantasy

• 11 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 19:12

Hello, I'm very glad to register here, had only read before.

I'm also Lewis's fan since far Australian GP 2007. And very pleased to see so many his fans and supporters here.
My English isn't very good because it's not my native language,so I hope you'll excuse me for this. :)

#1153 sennafan24

sennafan24

• 3,503 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 19:41

Hello, I'm very glad to register here, had only read before.

I'm also Lewis's fan since far Australian GP 2007. And very pleased to see so many his fans and supporters here.
My English isn't very good because it's not my native language,so I hope you'll excuse me for this. :)

Welcome

I enjoyed that video you posted in the Lewis vs Nico thread  :up:

#1154 Garethhowell

Garethhowell

• 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:01

Hi all
I've been following F1 and Endurance cars since the 60's and I was there when HSCC was where it was at!
During that time, my favourite team has changed a few times as teams came and went. Initially it was BRM or Lotus, then Lotus alone, then, and now, Mclaren.
Glad to have finally found this forum.

Gareth

#1155 ollebompa

ollebompa

• 633 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 21:37

Hi,

I'm just a lad from Sweden. Been following F1 since early 2000nds. I was just a little kid then and Michael was my hero.

Right now i'm trying to save up some money,so i could ern a degree and hopefully end up designing racecars!

Out of the current drivers I really like Seb. Because, for me, he's very easy to relate to. That is probably going to shine through in my posts.

Happy foruming everybody!

Edit: Also i'm a bit ashamed i've never accually been to a race, but i'll try to fix that as soon as possible!

Edited by ollebompa, 04 April 2014 - 21:44.

#1156 kspeedracer

kspeedracer

• 7 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:49

New guy here. Been following F1 from 1999. Long time lurker here ( 4 years). And I have F1 inked on my arm.

Looking forward to dive into the amazing forum.

K. Thanks. Bye.

#1157 Oriel

Oriel

• 19 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:46

Long time lurker and finally got round to setting up a profile.  Been following F1 since the 80s, but really started getting into it in the mid 90s

Am a Mclaren fan (which hasn't been much fun this season so far), but look forward to things getting better soon. 

Happy foruming everybody!

#1158 Glassheart

Glassheart

• 38 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 17:54

Hello :)

Im Craig & im a raging homo.

I am a huge HAM fan. He is the reason I started watching F1 and now its become one of my five a day.

Im really glad Sky show classic races everynight so I can catch up on all pre 2007 races they show.

I tend to have a habbit of getting banned from forums due to my language but who gives a **** aslong as HAM wins.

See you around bitches

Edited by Glassheart, 13 May 2014 - 17:54.

#1159 RonnyRonny

RonnyRonny

• 366 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 14:00

Hi, the drivers I like to see do well are Alonso, Hamilton, Hulkenberg, Bottas and Kyvat

This weekends action made me want to sign up and try and discuss my thoughts, I hope we can have some good debates together.

Advertisement

#1160 NoSanityClause

NoSanityClause

• 372 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:34

Hi, youse. Long time lurker here.

44, male, from Argentina and a long time Renault fan.

See you around!

#1161 Cabby

Cabby

• 10 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 20:41

Just registered a couple months ago, but rarely post.  

I never really followed F1 until 2011.  Before that I only watched races when I happened to come across them on tv.  Followed AMA a lot more since I used to ride.  

I'm a Sebastian Vettel fan, mostly because he's got the same name as my kid.  Other guys I'm a fan of are Kimi and Hamilton.  I also find myself cheering for Massa a lot this year.

#1162 30L

30L

• 47 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:41

Hello, I've been an F1 for more than 20 years now and I enjoy F1 more than ever before for obvious reasons (I'm from Mexico and finally we have a very good driver out there! :clap: )

Anyway, just getting familiar with....

C-ya round!  :rotfl:

#1163 malik

malik

• 6 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 00:43

Hello all,

I'm finally glad I'm able to post now. Took about two days to get permissions... I can understand spambots trying to get through so I can see the new user block... But sometimes I found new users able to post within hours, so I don't have a clue...

Anyways, with that aside, already I'm looking forward to the next race, as long as the FIA doesn't foul up again. Everything they seem to do gets negative press. At least the racing is good this year. Rosberg looks very good this year... Hard to believe as he didn't deliver at Williams and didn't do anything of note until 2012! Crazy how much his career has grown... All that's missing now is a world title.

#1164 RedRabbit

RedRabbit

• 91 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:56

Hey, been reading the boards for around 4 years, decided to finally register and maybe contribute to the multitude of sensible, unbiased discussions on here.

Long, long, long time Ferrari supporter, even before the Schumi years. Live in Jody Scheckters old home town in South Africa and one of my best mate's dad used to work on his cars before he moved to Europe. Considering he's the only Saffer WDC AND he drove a Ferrari, it makes him quite a legend in my eyes :)

#1165 PlatenGlass

PlatenGlass

• 146 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:35

Hello. I used to post on another forum until it became defunct a couple of years ago. I thought I was going to give up F1 forums (to free up time!) but I've found myself lurking on here sometimes, so I thought I might as well sign up.

#1166 nitrocosworth

nitrocosworth

• 6 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 23:47

Hello one and all. My name is nitrocosworth, and I really love Motorsport of all sorts. My favorite race car is the Porsche 962

#1167 FormulaWin

FormulaWin

• 6 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:48

Hi everyone!

Just joined today - was looking for a forum to discuss F1 - lets face it, there is LOTS to discuss these days! :stoned:

Favourite all time = Ayrton Senna

Current favourite = Lewis Hamilton

Who do I think is the best current driver? Perhaps Alonso, perhaps Hamilton.

#1168 tmekt

tmekt

• 39 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 15:26

Been lurking for some time .. figured I might just as well start posting too, better late than never. Hello everybody!  :wave:

I'm Finnish so I guess it's not a huge surprise I cheer for Kimi  :p

#1169 NateF1

NateF1

• 8 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:03

Hi folks,

Followed the forum for yonks but had never actually posted anything. This is the most engrossed I've been in a season since 2010, so it seemed like a good time to join :-)

Started following in 08, but know a reasonable amount about F1 prior to then. Also take part in a Prediction League and contribute the occasional piece of analysis and satire over at the mighty http://formulaoneana...blogspot.co.uk/ Expect a few Friday practice analysis reports coming during the season!

Looking forward to getting involved and having some good debates ;-)

Nate

#1170 igorwright

igorwright

• 3 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 15:15

Hi everybody,

My name is Igor. I'm a 34 yo brazilian who follows F-1 since 84 (as a 4 yo) and who never got into the coutry pride bandwagon. I'm a ferrarista above all, and see, I waited till I was 20 (16 years) to see my beloved team win a Drivers Championship. I admired Nelson Piquet a lot for his knowledge about the setup of a racing car. Was very uncomfortble about the obsession I felt in Senna since 1985 when he arrived at Lotus, besides I think he's a genious, probably the greatest, but never got into me. Loved the way Prost was so skilled that he doesn't needed to be brave, and had a lot of fun with Mansell's overbraveness,lol. 

From what I call the modern F-1, I'm totally a Michael Schumacher fan, but I'm a ashamed to say it sometimes because he played dirty sometimes, but this don't take an inch of his talent, which I think is the most close to Senna's. Learned to like Alonso and his skillfull drive, and the nice guy character of Button. I predicted Vettel as a world champion since his show in Monza with an STR and I like him a lot, but he's not the genius people use to label. Dislike Hamilton a lot but Rosberg plays as dirt as him. 

I really see F-1 a  great entertain as in the past, when we lived the Dream Era (ProstXSennaxPiquetxMansell) but not that romantic. Yet, a race still can take the air of my lungs.

Edited by igorwright, 29 August 2014 - 15:17.

#1171 Nytelotus

Nytelotus

• 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:32

Hi Folks,

Long time reader of the Forum. Been an avid F1 fan since I was a kid, don't ask how long ago that was, I forgot! I have my own kids now so go figure...

Cheers

#1172 MarkRowley

MarkRowley

• 4 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:08

Hello all, just decided to join these forums and have a look around. I am a long time fan of the late great Ayrton Senna and now pin my pennant to the mast of the God that is Fernando Alonso. I'm middle aged, three kids but sadly they have rebelled against my brain washing techniques to get them into F1 ):

#1173 ottostreet

ottostreet

• 15 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:02

Long time browser/lurker, frequent user of another F1 forum which appears to be dying.

I'm 26 years old, Irish, and trying my damnedest to write about F1 professionally (I don't want to say journalist as I feel like a fraud!). Have attended races as press with more scheduled, and write as often as I can, juggling it with my job as a radio presenter and club DJ!

I also have a cat, her name is Snowy. She is a Persian and has a flat face, and is pure white, just like Mr Tinkles in the film 'Cats & Dogs'.

#1174 CJFG

CJFG

• 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:19

Hi all, a 23 year old former Sports Journalism student and long, lomg time browser of the forum. I don't know why I didn't join sooner but there you go.

Been a motorsports fan since I was about 4 or 5 years old; F1, Indycars, WTCC, BTCC, Moto GP, etc. You name it and I'll probably watch it. My favourite driver of all time is and probably always will be Nigel Mansell. I've never been fortumate enough to meet him though I did meet one of my other motorsport favourites, John Cleland, at Oulton Park this year.

Been to one F1 race, Britain 1999, where I remember seeing Heinz-Harald Frentzen and some Jordan mechanics messing about at a burger bar haha. Been watching BTCC twice at Oulton Park, 2000 and this year, and hoping to go next year. I'm also trying to go to the Formula E race in London next year, after going to one of the open tests it turned me from a sceptic into a fan.

Think that's about everything, except for the fact my girlfriend hates motorsport. But hey ho life isn't perfect haha.

Cheers, Callum.