The Racing Comments Introduction Thread for New Members

• Please log in to reply
1191 replies to this topic

#1151 Crikeyf1

Crikeyf1

• 7 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 11:52

Hi guys,

New poster here. I am 17, from Ireland and a die hard Lewis Hamilton fan. Been watching the sport since I was a wee chap so I'm well up to speed!

Advertisement

#1152 RealFantasy

RealFantasy

• 11 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 19:12

Hello, I'm very glad to register here, had only read before.

I'm also Lewis's fan since far Australian GP 2007. And very pleased to see so many his fans and supporters here.
My English isn't very good because it's not my native language,so I hope you'll excuse me for this. :)

#1153 sennafan24

sennafan24

• 4,045 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 19:41

Hello, I'm very glad to register here, had only read before.

I'm also Lewis's fan since far Australian GP 2007. And very pleased to see so many his fans and supporters here.
My English isn't very good because it's not my native language,so I hope you'll excuse me for this. :)

Welcome

I enjoyed that video you posted in the Lewis vs Nico thread  :up:

#1154 Garethhowell

Garethhowell

• 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 07:01

Hi all
I've been following F1 and Endurance cars since the 60's and I was there when HSCC was where it was at!
During that time, my favourite team has changed a few times as teams came and went. Initially it was BRM or Lotus, then Lotus alone, then, and now, Mclaren.
Glad to have finally found this forum.

Gareth

#1155 ollebompa

ollebompa

• 717 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 21:37

Hi,

I'm just a lad from Sweden. Been following F1 since early 2000nds. I was just a little kid then and Michael was my hero.

Right now i'm trying to save up some money,so i could ern a degree and hopefully end up designing racecars!

Out of the current drivers I really like Seb. Because, for me, he's very easy to relate to. That is probably going to shine through in my posts.

Happy foruming everybody!

Edit: Also i'm a bit ashamed i've never accually been to a race, but i'll try to fix that as soon as possible!

Edited by ollebompa, 04 April 2014 - 21:44.

#1156 kspeedracer

kspeedracer

• 7 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 06:49

New guy here. Been following F1 from 1999. Long time lurker here ( 4 years). And I have F1 inked on my arm.

Looking forward to dive into the amazing forum.

K. Thanks. Bye.

#1157 Oriel

Oriel

• 19 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 08:46

Long time lurker and finally got round to setting up a profile.  Been following F1 since the 80s, but really started getting into it in the mid 90s

Am a Mclaren fan (which hasn't been much fun this season so far), but look forward to things getting better soon. 

Happy foruming everybody!

#1158 Glassheart

Glassheart

• 38 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 17:54

Hello :)

Im Craig & im a raging homo.

I am a huge HAM fan. He is the reason I started watching F1 and now its become one of my five a day.

Im really glad Sky show classic races everynight so I can catch up on all pre 2007 races they show.

I tend to have a habbit of getting banned from forums due to my language but who gives a **** aslong as HAM wins.

See you around bitches

Edited by Glassheart, 13 May 2014 - 17:54.

#1159 RonnyRonny

RonnyRonny

• 366 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 14:00

Hi, the drivers I like to see do well are Alonso, Hamilton, Hulkenberg, Bottas and Kyvat

This weekends action made me want to sign up and try and discuss my thoughts, I hope we can have some good debates together.

Advertisement

#1160 NoSanityClause

NoSanityClause

• 682 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:34

Hi, youse. Long time lurker here.

44, male, from Argentina and a long time Renault fan.

See you around!

#1161 Cabby

Cabby

• 10 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 20:41

Just registered a couple months ago, but rarely post.  

I never really followed F1 until 2011.  Before that I only watched races when I happened to come across them on tv.  Followed AMA a lot more since I used to ride.  

I'm a Sebastian Vettel fan, mostly because he's got the same name as my kid.  Other guys I'm a fan of are Kimi and Hamilton.  I also find myself cheering for Massa a lot this year.

#1162 30L

30L

• 48 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:41

Hello, I've been an F1 for more than 20 years now and I enjoy F1 more than ever before for obvious reasons (I'm from Mexico and finally we have a very good driver out there! :clap: )

Anyway, just getting familiar with....

C-ya round!  :rotfl:

#1163 malik

malik

• 7 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 00:43

Hello all,

I'm finally glad I'm able to post now. Took about two days to get permissions... I can understand spambots trying to get through so I can see the new user block... But sometimes I found new users able to post within hours, so I don't have a clue...

Anyways, with that aside, already I'm looking forward to the next race, as long as the FIA doesn't foul up again. Everything they seem to do gets negative press. At least the racing is good this year. Rosberg looks very good this year... Hard to believe as he didn't deliver at Williams and didn't do anything of note until 2012! Crazy how much his career has grown... All that's missing now is a world title.

#1164 RedRabbit

RedRabbit

• 193 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:56

Hey, been reading the boards for around 4 years, decided to finally register and maybe contribute to the multitude of sensible, unbiased discussions on here.

Long, long, long time Ferrari supporter, even before the Schumi years. Live in Jody Scheckters old home town in South Africa and one of my best mate's dad used to work on his cars before he moved to Europe. Considering he's the only Saffer WDC AND he drove a Ferrari, it makes him quite a legend in my eyes :)

#1165 PlatenGlass

PlatenGlass

• 219 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:35

Hello. I used to post on another forum until it became defunct a couple of years ago. I thought I was going to give up F1 forums (to free up time!) but I've found myself lurking on here sometimes, so I thought I might as well sign up.

#1166 nitrocosworth

nitrocosworth

• 6 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 23:47

Hello one and all. My name is nitrocosworth, and I really love Motorsport of all sorts. My favorite race car is the Porsche 962

#1167 FormulaWin

FormulaWin

• 9 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:48

Hi everyone!

Just joined today - was looking for a forum to discuss F1 - lets face it, there is LOTS to discuss these days! :stoned:

Favourite all time = Ayrton Senna

Current favourite = Lewis Hamilton

Who do I think is the best current driver? Perhaps Alonso, perhaps Hamilton.

#1168 tmekt

tmekt

• 186 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 15:26

Been lurking for some time .. figured I might just as well start posting too, better late than never. Hello everybody!  :wave:

I'm Finnish so I guess it's not a huge surprise I cheer for Kimi  :p

#1169 NateF1

NateF1

• 34 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:03

Hi folks,

Followed the forum for yonks but had never actually posted anything. This is the most engrossed I've been in a season since 2010, so it seemed like a good time to join :-)

Started following in 08, but know a reasonable amount about F1 prior to then. Also take part in a Prediction League and contribute the occasional piece of analysis and satire over at the mighty http://formulaoneana...blogspot.co.uk/ Expect a few Friday practice analysis reports coming during the season!

Looking forward to getting involved and having some good debates ;-)

Nate

#1170 igorwright

igorwright

• 3 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 15:15

Hi everybody,

My name is Igor. I'm a 34 yo brazilian who follows F-1 since 84 (as a 4 yo) and who never got into the coutry pride bandwagon. I'm a ferrarista above all, and see, I waited till I was 20 (16 years) to see my beloved team win a Drivers Championship. I admired Nelson Piquet a lot for his knowledge about the setup of a racing car. Was very uncomfortble about the obsession I felt in Senna since 1985 when he arrived at Lotus, besides I think he's a genious, probably the greatest, but never got into me. Loved the way Prost was so skilled that he doesn't needed to be brave, and had a lot of fun with Mansell's overbraveness,lol. 

From what I call the modern F-1, I'm totally a Michael Schumacher fan, but I'm a ashamed to say it sometimes because he played dirty sometimes, but this don't take an inch of his talent, which I think is the most close to Senna's. Learned to like Alonso and his skillfull drive, and the nice guy character of Button. I predicted Vettel as a world champion since his show in Monza with an STR and I like him a lot, but he's not the genius people use to label. Dislike Hamilton a lot but Rosberg plays as dirt as him. 

I really see F-1 a  great entertain as in the past, when we lived the Dream Era (ProstXSennaxPiquetxMansell) but not that romantic. Yet, a race still can take the air of my lungs.

Edited by igorwright, 29 August 2014 - 15:17.

#1171 Nytelotus

Nytelotus

• 25 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:32

Hi Folks,

Long time reader of the Forum. Been an avid F1 fan since I was a kid, don't ask how long ago that was, I forgot! I have my own kids now so go figure...

Cheers

#1172 MarkRowley

MarkRowley

• 4 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:08

Hello all, just decided to join these forums and have a look around. I am a long time fan of the late great Ayrton Senna and now pin my pennant to the mast of the God that is Fernando Alonso. I'm middle aged, three kids but sadly they have rebelled against my brain washing techniques to get them into F1 ):

#1173 ottostreet

ottostreet

• 16 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 03:02

Long time browser/lurker, frequent user of another F1 forum which appears to be dying.

I'm 26 years old, Irish, and trying my damnedest to write about F1 professionally (I don't want to say journalist as I feel like a fraud!). Have attended races as press with more scheduled, and write as often as I can, juggling it with my job as a radio presenter and club DJ!

I also have a cat, her name is Snowy. She is a Persian and has a flat face, and is pure white, just like Mr Tinkles in the film 'Cats & Dogs'.

#1174 CJFG

CJFG

• 4 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 08:19

Hi all, a 23 year old former Sports Journalism student and long, lomg time browser of the forum. I don't know why I didn't join sooner but there you go.

Been a motorsports fan since I was about 4 or 5 years old; F1, Indycars, WTCC, BTCC, Moto GP, etc. You name it and I'll probably watch it. My favourite driver of all time is and probably always will be Nigel Mansell. I've never been fortumate enough to meet him though I did meet one of my other motorsport favourites, John Cleland, at Oulton Park this year.

Been to one F1 race, Britain 1999, where I remember seeing Heinz-Harald Frentzen and some Jordan mechanics messing about at a burger bar haha. Been watching BTCC twice at Oulton Park, 2000 and this year, and hoping to go next year. I'm also trying to go to the Formula E race in London next year, after going to one of the open tests it turned me from a sceptic into a fan.

Think that's about everything, except for the fact my girlfriend hates motorsport. But hey ho life isn't perfect haha.

Cheers, Callum.

#1175 JackyBoy

JackyBoy

• 7 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 23:53

Hey, 23 years old from deepest rural Norfolk, UK.

Been an F1 fan since I was about 7 years old, I wouldn't say I have a particular allegiance to any team, but as far as drivers go, I'm a fan of Alonso, Bottas, Raikkonen, Hulkenberg, Ricciardo and Grosjean.

I'm not just an F1 fan, I also follow Moto GP, WRC and BTCC closely and can watch just about any form of motorsport.

#1176 Missedtheapex

Missedtheapex

• 5 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 15:44

Hola all,

I am an Autosport + subscriber for a few years: best source of information for all f1 related matters and forix is my bible.

I am 47, Spanish living in northeast England and have been following F1, rallies and other motorsports since my early teens.

Oddly for a spaniard, I love rugby and F1. And when I say I love f1 I mean the sport as a whole, maybe that is why I find difficult to support just one team: Ferrari has history and success, but so does Maclaren and Williams... but I would genuinely enjoy when any of the midfielders or backmarkers make life difficult for the top tier teams.

On drivers, I follow Alonso of course, not only because of nationality (I was born in Oviedo as well) but also for his racecraft and speed. I also like Hamilton for his speed. I think the rest of the grid is just two or three notches behind them.

And my circuits are Spa, Suzuka and Silverstone, the old classics.

I hope I can contribute to the forum in an impartial way and will try to be respectful of other's opinions. I have read the RC house rules and intend to abide by them.

See you all around.

#1177 Steveaki13

Steveaki13

• 13 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 17:38

Hi everyone

My name is Steve and I am brand new here, I have not even read the forums before. 

I am a member of Motorsport Forums which is struggling and when I found this place, it looked good. So here I am. 

I have watched F1 since before I can remember really. Early 90s when a kid with my father. 

I have a large F1 DVD collection too. 

I am a huge motorsport fan in general, but F1 is my first love. Although these days I have found myself falling out of love a tiny bit.

I have been to a couple of GP's in 2007 & 2008 at Silverstone, I have also been to a few GT events at Silverstone & Brands Hatch, BTCC events at Brands and also F3/Formula Ford and Truck racing. 

Anyway thats a bit about me. I hope to enjoy some nice discussions here. 

#1178 Turboflame

Turboflame

• 12 posts

Posted 18 October 2014 - 10:48

Hello

I've been following F1 since the 80's. I remember very well how i was fascinated by these fast, colourful cars. Prost was my favourite driver.  In the beginning of the 90s my interest temporalily faded. But with Senna's death, i again began to follow the sport. The peak of my interest was between 1994 and 2000. In 2007 there was an F1 test in Spa (i live in Belgium) and i was impressed by the speed and sound of the cars. I very well remember the sound of the high reving V8's, resonating in the valley of Eau Rouge. However i never attented a GP, i visited several other racing events at Spa, such as the Spa 24 hours or Supercar Challenge.

I like to go to other motorsporting events as well. I love rallying and frequently visit national and regional races.

My favourite sounding racing car is the Mazda 787B.

I think it will be interesting to discuss with other members who share the same passion.

Greetz

TF

Edited by Turboflame, 18 October 2014 - 11:50.

#1179 oldelan

oldelan

• 2 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 23:35

G'Day All.

Just like to introduce myself here as a little bleeding Aussie who has been watching the F1 scene for at least 30 years, so much has happened and changed over that time, and more so over the past season with the new fomula which sound more like the four stroke lawn mower the bloke next door has, give me the screaming 17000RPM engines any day. But I guess with the greenies breathing in the ears of the powers that be we will be stuck with what we have.

But it's great to see another true blue Aussie "Dan The Man" up there with the best in his Red Bull car, watch this rising star closely. I also am pretty passionate about Lotus, having owned and rebuilt an imaculate S2 elan over the past thirty years. I also maintain and write a lotus elan blog at: http://elantrikbits....otus-elan-blog/   For anyone interested in lotus elan. I discovered the autosport forum br accident while cruising around the net on google.

Advertisement

#1180 512 TR

512 TR

• 2,228 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 00:54

Hello. I'm not a new member but I wanted to say hello and thank the moderators for letting me back in to the forums after a few years. I know it's appropriate to write a few words about yourself in this thread anyway. So here goes. I'm a Ferrari tifoso, but the last few years have not been easy on me and my beliefs what the Scuderia should be all about. I've promised the moderators that I will behave so I will not use words that I've used in the past. But I did request to be let back in to the forums to state an opinion on the state of Ferrari and the Scuderia, and I will do so. I hope it's fine with the rest of you members here at autosport. Salute.

#1181 DeVol

DeVol

• 73 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:25

Hi gents, new member here.

Bit of a Jenson and Ricciardo fan here but also love watching the mastery of Hamilton and Alonso.

Cheers

#1182 OverwatchElite

OverwatchElite

• 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 03:02

Hi there,

I don't know what I am doing here as a Rosberg and Merc fan...23 years old watching for 11 years. That Brazil 2003 race is the first race I remember clearly. Never been an Alonso fan apart from 2003 (ugh Briatore). Never been a Hamilton fan apart from 2007. Never been a Vettel fan apart from  2008. Followed Merc and Brawn, even Honda through the silliness of 2010-2012 seasons, before the Hammer wagon fans came. Schumacher was my prime choice but i quite get to like Nico too, so there's that. 

#1183 sycove

sycove

• 5 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:44

Hi, Massive Hamilton and McLaren fan, long time lurker on Autosport.

Will be attending my 1st GP this year at Abu Dhabi

#1184 JuanPablo

JuanPablo

• 19 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:10

New member from Ireland here. Long time motorsport fan at all levels. Have attended club races at Mondello since I was 4, have been to a few WRC rounds, BTCC and British Superbikes when they made it to Ireland, the 2004 British GP and the 2011 Australian GP. I hope to get to see the Isle of Man TT and Le Mans 24 Hrs at some point. Was a massive Jordan Grand Prix fan and Senna fan also. Still follow F1 closely. Current favourite drivers are Alonso and Bottas. Ricciardo too as he seems like a nice bloke! Have a high regard for Hamilton. Like his driving style.

My earliest F1 memory is Mansell's tyre blow out at Adelaide '86. Was watching it on TV as a 4 year old.

Edited by JuanPablo, 19 November 2014 - 21:56.

#1185 smr

smr

• 119 posts

Posted 06 November 2014 - 19:55

Hi,

Thought I'd introduce myself as I signed up here yesterday...

Big Formula 1 fan (that's why I'm here!) Big Jenson Button fan too, have a boy named Jenson :)

This is a great forum and seems to be full of very passionate fans so I'm glad to be here. Really like the forum layout and format too!

#1186 Raikkinen

Raikkinen

• 14 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 13:25

Hi to you all!

I am Raikkinen, a 38 year old guy from Holland and of course a long time Formula 1 fan. English is not my native language, so i hope you can forgive me when i sometimes make mistakes in my writings.

I am a long time reader on this forum and i follow Formula 1 since about 22 years. Since 18 years i go with my friends across Europe to visit at least one GP a year.

At the first time i made my GP travel to Belgium, it was the McLaren of Mika Hakkinen that woke me up in the morning and ever since i am a devoted McLaren fan. Mika is my all time favorite but i am fan of the sport, so i can appreciate other (non-McLaren) drivers as well when they show great driving skills. But McLaren will be my no.1 forever.

I always loved the giant amount of respect that is between the fans of every team and especially the atmosphere there is on the F1 camping sites next to the circuits.

My friends and i even build a trailer especially to go to the GP's including a disco-bar, 8 person bedroom and toilet with washing. Sometimes we bring an electric bull or other carnival attributes.  Maybe some of you have already met us in Belgium, Germany or Hungary. If not: Everybody is welcome at the Dutch grey/green trailer at Nürburgring 2015!

Hope to have lots of nice discussions and talking here and if any of you have a question: Just ask!  :wave:

Edited by Raikkinen, 11 November 2014 - 13:28.

#1187 ronsingapore

ronsingapore

• 32 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 01:13

Hi everyone, my name is Ronald and I am from Singapore, 29 year old.

I have been following F1 since 2008, when it first came to Marina Bay Street Circuit.

the funny thing is, I have never been to a Grand Prix before, tickets at SingaporeGP are horrendously expensive by my standards.

I also follow other motorsports too; IndyCar, Formula Nippon (although i have a hard time understanding it because it is so insular), Australian V8.

Strangely enough, my 2 favourite F1 racing teams are Ferrari and the now no-longer-participating Minardi.

#1188 DutchAutosportFan

DutchAutosportFan

• 15 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 13:19

Hi all my name is Jasper im 24 years now from the Netherlands (Eindhoven)

My first F1 race was when i was 4 i clearly remember seeing Verstappen on the podium :clap:
Im a autosport freak im 20times a year at the circuit in Zandvoort i love those Cup races with the Renault Clio, Swift and ofcourse the older cup races.
Also love the WTCC and so on. But i hate the modern F1 i cry if i hear the V6 green hybride annoying zooming engine. Though thank god we have the Historical F1 races.

I have the autosport magazines from 1975 till 2003 but only came across the forum recently.....  i hope to find lots of info here about some unraced Formula series and unraced F1 Teams and cars and just read the stories about the old days just love them.

See ya at the forum :wave:

Edited by DutchAutosportFan, 12 November 2014 - 13:20.

#1189 bc681

bc681

• 14 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:48

Hi everyone, long time member on a rival F1 forum but the lunatics on there have finally broke me.  :drunk:

#1190 Gary Davies

Gary Davies

• 2,099 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 13:04

You're on a different Planet here. Welcome. :clap:

#1191 Denaris

Denaris

• 4 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 10:35

Hi everyone, I've been a long time lurker on here (many years) but finally decided to join the forum. I'm 34 years old and I got sucked into F1 watching it as a kid in the 80's with my dad, although It wasn't until the mid 90's that I started watching it religiously and since then I have never missed a race!

In the early 90's my dad had an old F1 game on his laptop, I remember choosing the Mclaren as it was the fastest car there. since then I've supported Mclaren, although I have fallen out of love with them recently and switched to Mercedes. 

My favorite driver is Hamilton, I followed him for a few years in junior formulas before he got his Mclaren drive and been lucky enough to meet him twice.

I try to catch other motorsport series on TV when I can, I like big powerful cars like DTM, V8 Supercars and Sportscars. In fact, I insist on watching the FULL 24 hours of Le Mans every year to the complete annoyance of my wife hehe.

#1192 Enzfan

Enzfan

• 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:03

Hi,

I am a new member of this forum, having followed it regularly for a long time. Great to so much passion for Formula 1 and so many spirited debates!

I've been following F1 since 1977, when I was five years old. The first race I watched (on TV) was the Swedish Grand Prix at Anderstorp that year. I'm from Sweden myself, and the previous race, the Belgian Grand Prix had been a huge success from a Swedish perspective (Gunnar Nilsson won, Ronnie Peterson came 3rd, I believe this is the only time two Swedes have been on a F1 podium together), and with the Swedish Grand Prix next, there was lots of reports in the Swedish media at the time. I watched that race, and was instantly hooked. My first favourite driver was (apart from the two Swedes, of course) Jacques Laffite, who won the Swedish Grand Prix and also I thought his Ligier car looked really beautiful.

I did watch the live TV broadcast of the Italian Grand Prix 1978 with my family, and was stunned to see the terrible fatal accident for Ronnie Peterson. As Gunnar Nilsson passed away due to cancer a month later, this was a really bad time for Swedish F1 fans. The Monza accident resulted in no more F1 races being broadcast on Swedish TV until Monaco 1984, and the daily newspapers didn't report anything from the races either. My only source for F1 info in the early '80s was a car magazine which used to have race reports (and driver interviews) in each issue. But since that magazine was only published every two weeks, usually I didn't find out any race results until 10 days later, which is a bit amusing to think of today.

In the mid-80s, Sweden got a new F1 driver, Stefan Johansson, and when he joined Ferrari in '85, the media interest here picked up a bit, so we at least got to see 4 or 5 races on TV for a few years. I also discovered British magazines with F1 reports and interviews etc, namely Autosport and the now defunct Grand Prix International. I also bought any F1 book I could find (in those pre-Internet days, just getting hold of a F1 book was a bit of a special occasion).

From 1993 on, all races have been broadcast live on TV in Sweden. My next favourite driver, after Jacques Laffite, was Damon Hill. After he retired, my interest in F1 decreased for a while, not just because he retired but also because the Ferrari domination of the early 2000's was a bit of a turn off (no disrespect intended to Ferrari, just that it's more fun when more than one team is figthing for the titles). In 2003, a few races in, Fernando Alonso became my new favourite driver.

In 2004, my then-girlfriend-now-wife said "OK, I'll watch one season of Formula One with you, but no more than that". Thankfully, she also got instantly hooked and from day one Jenson Button has been her favourite driver.

In 2008, on our honeymoon in Canada, I finally experienced a Formula One race live, the Canadian Grand Prix. It was truly incredible. As it happened, we had seats in the grandstand, opposite the BMW Sauber pit and were amongst a huge group of Polish fans. When Kubica won, they were of course delighted and it was great to be in their midst as they celebrated!

As you can imagine, with me having supported Alonso for nearly 12 years and my wife having supported Button for more than 10 years, next year's McLaren line-up is very special for us. And also, after a very long draught, there is again a Swedish driver in Formula One. So we have decided to go to the British Grand Prix next year. The atmosphere at the British Grand Prix seems very special and it's a wonderful track too, so we are really excited about going there next year!

I look forward to being a member of this forum from now on!