* * * - - 5 votes

The Racing Comments Introduction Thread for New Members

• Please log in to reply
1154 replies to this topic

#51 neil.dorrel

neil.dorrel

• 522 posts

Posted 25 March 2003 - 15:42

I'm new to the BB here at AtlasF1. I've never been involved in a BB, but it seems we have some really interesting and thoughtful participants here. So here goes:

I'm a long time F1 fan. I live by the ocean in beautiful, sunny California. Before you all start throwing the tomatoes, please know that I awake at 4:00 a.m. on Saturdays and 4:30 a.m. on Sundays for the European races.

As far as drivers go, I think Schumacher is singularly awesome. Of the current crop, I also rate Kimi, Ralf (it's just you and me, Nomad!!!), and JV (despite his BAR performances). I'm starting to warm up to JPM, but I'm not entirely convinced he has the strategic mind and the fitness to WDC.

In terms of past drivers, Prost was God, Mika...what needs to be said, Alesi (brilliant, stylish, but too hot-headed). And to BB's Jaguar2002, I really miss Irvine. In fact I have an Aprilia RSV Mille and ride with a Ferrari-era Irvine replica helmet.

I'm married to the most wonderful and beautiful woman in the world, evidenced by the fact that she gets up early with me and loves the races.

Advertisement

#52 De Sjaak

De Sjaak

• 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 15:02

Hi guys,

This is my first posting on AtlasF1, and first of all, let me just introduce myself!

My name is De Sjaak, and I am a long time fan of Jos Verstappen!
I follow Formula1 since the early days of Ayrton Senna, and I must say that he
inspired me for being a fan! I don't take bullshit for an answer, I will say what's on
my mind, and the last of all things, don't lie, just tell the truth!!!!!

Annyway, lets have a good time, and loads off discusions........ :smoking: ;)

#53 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 27 March 2003 - 00:45

Originally posted by neil.dorrel
I'm new to the BB here at AtlasF1. I've never been involved in a BB, but it seems we have some really interesting and thoughtful participants here. So here goes:

I'm a long time F1 fan. I live by the ocean in beautiful, sunny California. Before you all start throwing the tomatoes, please know that I awake at 4:00 a.m. on Saturdays and 4:30 a.m. on Sundays for the European races.

As far as drivers go, I think Schumacher is singularly awesome. Of the current crop, I also rate Kimi, Ralf (it's just you and me, Nomad!!!), and JV (despite his BAR performances). I'm starting to warm up to JPM, but I'm not entirely convinced he has the strategic mind and the fitness to WDC.

In terms of past drivers, Prost was God, Mika...what needs to be said, Alesi (brilliant, stylish, but too hot-headed). And to BB's Jaguar2002, I really miss Irvine. In fact I have an Aprilia RSV Mille and ride with a Ferrari-era Irvine replica helmet.

I'm married to the most wonderful and beautiful woman in the world, evidenced by the fact that she gets up early with me and loves the races.

:up:
Like what you've said, you got a broad enjoyment of drivers, and a wife who enjoys the racing as well, that's great, well done and continue to enjoy all of that. :up:

#54 SpeakerGuru

SpeakerGuru

• 764 posts

Posted 28 March 2003 - 17:27

:wave:

A brief intro & hello form this newbie! I am a 36 year-old husband & father from Flowery Branch, GA - just outside of Atlanta. Having "lurked" around the BB for a little while already, I decided it's finally time I come on board.

Have a German mother & American father and was born in Germany. I lived most of my early youth there, so naturally that's where my interest in F1 originated. Some of my earliest F1 memories are of Jackie Stewart, Emmo, Niki Lauda, etc. The 1976 German GP left a big impression on me because of Lauda's accident & the resultant coverage in the German press (very sensationalized and even somewhat graphic). I was fascinated from then on - 1977 & 78 bring back very fond memories for the most part, as those were my first seasons of dedicated following; even at the tender age of 10 :) but Monza '78 still brings up feelings of :(.

Have been a devotee for about 25+ years, and still enjoy it now (nearly) as much as then. Over the years I have enjoyed following Andretti & Peterson, Lauda, Gilles, Prost, Senna, Mansell, Hakkinnen, and now M. Schumacher. I also see some serious potential in both Raikkonen & Alosno.

Between work & family I do not have the time to follow as rabidly as in the past, but I try to never miss a race & my wife even is to the point where she shows a passing interest (!). I do enjoy the Atlas BB - hopfully I will be able to add my 2 cents worth from time to time.

#55 BuonoBruttoCattivo

BuonoBruttoCattivo

• 4,430 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 03:35

Hello to everybody. :wave:
Welcome.
Welcome.
Ahhhhhhh! :wave:

#56 DawnDudeRugs

DawnDudeRugs

• 146 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 13:05

Hello everybody,

Me = 26 year old Civil Engineer from New Zealand, 2003 will be my 20 F1 season I've followed.

Fave driver : Alesi
Fave Teams : Ferrari, McLaren, Minardi

that's all folks!

#57 LuckyStrike1

LuckyStrike1

• 5,353 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 21:37

Originally posted by BuonoBruttoCattivo
Welcome.
Welcome.
Ahhhhhhh! :wave:

You've been smoking again?

#58 GadgetMan

GadgetMan

• 2,022 posts

Posted 29 March 2003 - 22:17

Hi all,

I might as well do this too, then.

I'm Jacques Villeneuve. I'm a resident of Monaco although I was born in the Province of Quebec in Canada. I'm 31 and drive an F1 car for BAR. I won a WDC in 1997. I read this BB from time to time and decided to participate lately. I'll be around from time to time.

A lot of you really hate me around here. I only hope you'll warm up to me later on. I think we have a better car this year and we should be able to get the occasional good performances.

Jock, Craig and I wish you all the best!

Got you all going, right!

Hey, my real name's Luc. I'm 46 and come from a town called Lorraine in Quebec, Canada. I've been a real F1 fan since about 1995 - 1996, although I watched it sporadically before. I admit I started watching actively mostly because of JVi but I have come to appreciate Mika Hakkinen, Michael Schumacher, Damon Hill (at Williams), Giancarlo Fisichella, David Coulthard and Heinz Harald Frentzen at various moments throughout this period. Of course, as a youngster I used to watch Jim Clark, Gilles Villeneuve, Alain Prost and Ayrton Senna from time to time. A long time ago...

I have become somewhat sarcastic towards all forms of professional sports and the outrageous amounts of money society throws at people who, for the most part, are dumb, can hardly spell their own names and are mostly obnoxious. Especially in basketball, American footbal and hockey...

So, I don't particularly feel compelled to root for any particular F1 driver but I'll always be moved to intervene whenever I feel unfair comments or accusations are being made about a driver, or anyone for that matter. That's my biggest character flaw!

I'am an avid skier (season pass holder and condo owner at Tremblant) and not too shabby at that. I love tennis in the summer time.

GadgetMan

#59 Pookie

Pookie

• 33 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 17:53

Welcome to everyone new. :wave:

Advertisement

#60 Ferrari_312T

Ferrari_312T

• 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2003 - 18:12

Hello all AtlasF1 users!!! I am a new member here and i hope to have some good conversations :wave:

#61 renaultf1chic

renaultf1chic

• 81 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 06:00

Hi All!

Just wanted to say "Hi" and to introduce myself. I'm a 32 year old woman who lives in Rocklin California. I've been an F1 and CART fan since about 1997. My favorite team is obviously Renault and no I didn't just jump on their band wagon since their great weekend in Malaysia. I've been on board with them since they officially became Renault and followed Trulli over from Jordan. My CART team is Players.

See you all soon!

#62 renaultf1chic

renaultf1chic

• 81 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 06:07

please know that I awake at 4:00 a.m. on Saturdays and 4:30 a.m. on Sundays for the European races.

I hear that! The things we do for the love of racing! :)

#63 Pookie

Pookie

• 33 posts

Posted 05 April 2003 - 23:15

Originally posted by renaultf1chic
please know that I awake at 4:00 a.m. on Saturdays and 4:30 a.m. on Sundays for the European races.

I hear that! The things we do for the love of racing! :)

Talk about dedication! Welcome :wave:

#64 mr. handsome

mr. handsome

• 2,408 posts

Posted 07 April 2003 - 05:10

Woops, I posted before introducing myself, so I'll do a brief introductory now.
I'm 28+ :D European F1 fan (since about 1980's), and like Renaultf1chic, I wake up at dawn for the Asian and Australian races, couldn't imagine missing a live race.

#65 23Kev

23Kev

• 9 posts

Posted 07 April 2003 - 12:09

Hi,

My names Kev, nearly 26, and have been following F1 and al forms of racing since about ~1988. Mainly because of my Dad i guess, but couldn't imagine my life without racing now.

Favourtie driver of all time would have to be Senna, followed him from when I started watching, to when he sadly passed away. I have got most books on him, and a couple of fairly rare posters. Now I love watching JPM, reminds me a lot of the way Senna raced.

Anyway, only just found AtlasF1, am annoyed I haven't found it earlier, as I have been round on the net almost as long as the site itself!!

Will look forward to any discussions on the Tech forum, those guys are just too smart!!

Kev

#66 A.Will

A.Will

• 11 posts

Posted 07 April 2003 - 17:24

Yep I'm new as well. I'm 14 but have been following F1 since 94 (the Senna crash is one of my earliest memories). My favourite driver is Fisichella,
HI!!!

#67 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

• 15,755 posts

Posted 07 April 2003 - 18:56

Originally posted by A.Will
Yep I'm new as well. I'm 14 but have been following F1 since 94 (the Senna crash is one of my earliest memories). My favourite driver is Fisichella,
HI!!!

Excellent. A Fisi fan!! Welcome! :wave:

#68 Rosa Damascena

Rosa Damascena

• 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2003 - 07:31

Hi,

I've been reading the BB on AtlasF1 for quite a long time but I just joined.

I'm a 17 Singaporean BioMedical Student and I'm a big fan of Fisi because he's very talented, (not that others are not) and he happens to be left-handed... err...doesn't sound like a good reason for supporting him but I'm a fan of him anyway.

#69 lespips

lespips

• 3 posts

Posted 10 April 2003 - 11:18

Hi all,
I'm a 25 yr old motorsport nut and a big JPM fan. But my heart will always lie with the majestic Jean Alesi. Here's hoping JPM doesn't do an Alesi and wins more than 1 GP...

#70 zfh10

zfh10

• 1,112 posts

Posted 11 April 2003 - 10:50

Howdy folks,

I am a 23 yr old male F1 fan from New Zealand. I have a Masters degree in environmental management and my field of work is environmental monitoring.

I am a passionate McLaren fan, and I have been thrilled by the way this season has started for my team. Being from New Zealand - who else could I support but a team founded by New Zealander Bruce McLaren?!!

I am also excited by the way cool-headed young Raikkonen goes about his work. He is THE MAN! What a fantastic talent - the way he breezed past Alonso (I think) in Brasil was sensational. :clap: :eek:

My second and third favourite teams are Williams and Renault. To be honest I am not a Ferrari fan at all, their attitude last season with their team orders confirmed my feelings towards them! However, I love seeing close racing no matter who wins, so I don't mind too much if 'they' win if it is a close race and well-deserved!

Not such a fan of the new rule changes: in short I think it stifles innovation and punishes hard work by the top teams, just to give Minardi and other also-rans a chance. :down: But I realise I may be in a minority thinking that.

I have only been into f1 for a few years - but I have found my calling.  ;) I get up at midnight and watch until about 2 in the morning on Mondays (yes, the start of the week). So that is dedication for you!! You lucky people in more forgiving time zones have no idea.... :wave:

I look forward to discussing F1 with all of you!

#71 EricV

EricV

• 47 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 09:28

Hi all,

Here's a quick introduction before I start posting elsewhere in this BB. I am a 32 years old french/dutch F1 fan living in Holland but flying all around the world (no not as a pilot, but in a much humblier position ;) ). As a kid we would never do anything 'nice' on sunny sundays if there was a GP to watch on the tv. So I guess you can say that I've been watching F1 for all my life.

My all time favourites are, among onthers: Alain Prost, Gilles Villeneuve, Elio de Angelis, Jim Clark, David Coulthard, Graham Hill, Jean Alesi and .. and ... Oh well, you might be right if you think I have a laening towards the past. I just love to read the stories about GP racing in past eras, not just the early years of contemporary F1, but also GP racing in the pre-war era (WWII that is ;) ). Oh yes, I would almost forget to mention, but I am also a little bit of Jos Verstappen fan, with the emphasis on little. :)

Let's hope for a close championship fight with at least four drivers going in the last round with a chance for WDC, whoever those drivers may be.

Cheers,

Eric

#72 MCesio

MCesio

• 61 posts

Posted 12 April 2003 - 20:53

Hi, I'm 36 and have been following F1 for as long as I can remember and now my wife does too. :)

All my family is Italian although I grew up in the UK and have dual nationality etc. I've always supported Ferrari (naturally) although not being a Schumacher fan, stopped my 'passione rossa' since he joined. :(

Now, I don't really follow any team or driver particularly and just love seeing a great race every two weeks. The new rules this year have served their purpose even though they may have a few teething problems. As much as I love F1 now, I don't think you can beat the days when the tyres were slick, and the cars looked meaty like Arnoux's Renault. I am a little apprehensive about the long-term future of the sport we love but trust the people responsible for such decisions have its best interest at heart. :confused:

Other than that I work in the IT industry, studying for an MBA :yawn: and play blues harmonica.

I've only just subscribed to AtlasF1 and enjoy it very much - helps look towards the next race!

Cheers,

Marco

#73 Dimo

Dimo

• 36,852 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 01:59

Hi my name is Dimo and I am new here. I am 41 years old and have only recently started watching F1.

Born the youngest of 34 children in rural Lichtenstein, I didn't have much to speak of growing up. Actually, technically I had a younger brother of sorts. The 35th child would have been my 'younger' Siamese twin brother Mongo, however he wasn't viable and during my mom's pregancy he was absorbed back into my body. All that is left is a little lump on my left shoulder, which I suspect used to be his genitals. I say 'younger' brother since I was a breech birth, and the shoulders were one of the last parts to come out.

My childhood wasn't all that exciting. Schooling, and many years of accordion lessons set me up for my eventual career as a concert pianist.

Unfortunately, I was forced to quit after permanently disfiguring my hand when I tried to steal a can of soda pop by reaching inside a Coke machine. After several years of depression, psychotherapy, and a solid drug program, I eventually collected myself together and bought a hot dog cart which I operated in downtown Baghdad. While selling to the locals, I found that they would often casually discuss the most top-secret of matters while chomping on a hot Hungarian sausage. I quickly parlayed that into a career as a hot dog vendor/CIA double-agent, transmitting my intelligence info through my modified vending cart with an antenna embedded in the shaft of its umbrella.

Luckily, during this gig I ran into Warren Beatty, Dustin Hoffman, and Charles Grodin, who were taking a quick "colon missile" break in between takes of filming the soon-to-be classic, "Ishtar 2". Warren invited me back to his place in L.A. to handle his cast-offs and act as his stunt-penis. Fun as that was, I eventually had to retire six weeks later due to sexual exhaustion and became Anna Nicole Smith's chef/hairdresser. Funnily enough, I discovered Formula One, which was pretty well the only thing on during Sunday mornings when I was waiting for the bacon and sausage truck - it would back up to the kitchen window and drop off her breakfast directly onto the grill via its hydraulic lift.

I was recently offered "the job of a lifetime" - writing for an F1 e-zine and living in Italy - but who the hell would want to do that?!?

While watching F1 at Anna's place, I fell in love with the driving style of Gaston Mazzacane. However my fervour was short lived as he decided to change careers and sell life insurance instead. That's okay though, because I have settled on my new hero - Alex Yoong. I can't wait to see him at this weekend's race in Zimobla...um, Zimola...Zimbabwe...whatever.

Go Alex!!!!

#74 SpeakerGuru

SpeakerGuru

• 764 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 04:08

Dimo - :up: :up: :up:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: "... I fell in love with the driving style of Gaston Mazzacane..." :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

#75 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 17 April 2003 - 15:26

Welcome back Dimo, amusing post, great entertainment, cheers.

:up:

#76 Haddock

Haddock

• 917 posts

Posted 19 April 2003 - 21:49

I'm 24, from Edinburgh and have been watching Formula One for well, almost as long as I can remember. My father took me to the European GP at Brands Hatch in 1985 and so I got to see Alain Prost win his first world championship, and Nigel Mansell win his first race. As a kid, I was a big fan of Ayrton Senna, and so at the time I was actually very disappointed.......

A side effect of this early interest is that Messrs Nigel Roebuck, Joe Saward, Tony Dodgins et al are largely responsible for teaching me to read......

I got the payback eight years later, sitting at the Craner Curves at yet another European Grand Prix, this time at Donnington. I remember watching Senna lunge past Wendlinger on the opening lap and thinking "If he doesn't put it in the wall, this is going to be very special indeed."

I lost interest for a bit in the mid-nineties. At least partly because Michael Schumacher was making everyone else look rather silly, and for all his obvious talent, I simply couldn't get excited about the man.....

More or less on a whim, while I was about finishing up my uni degree, I got it into my head to hitch hike down to the Belgian Grand Prix in 1999, despite having not paid much attention to the sport for a long time. It must have made an impression, because I've been following F1 pretty much as intensely as I did in the late eighties/early nineties again. Not least because in Montoya, Raikkonen and (perhaps) Fisichella and Webber, there appear to be drivers in the sport worth getting excited by again.

My favourite ? As someone has said above, Montoya reminds me a lot of Senna in the car (perhaps a Senna who plays fair....) - and comes across as a much more likeable, down-to-earth personality outside of it.

I'm idly trying to write a history of the 'modern era' of the sport at the moment, using the Ferrari drivers championships in 1979 and 2000 as 'bookends'. Only now its beginning to dawn on me that I've probably bitten off more than I can chew, but if nothing else, it might make a half-decent website when its finally finished.

Apologies for the over-long post,

Patrick.

#77 The Iceman

The Iceman

• 17 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 22:04

Hello, I'm new here, so here is some info on me :)

I am a 19 year old boy from Norway, and I have been watching F1 since early 1990s when Senna was on his peak. He was my favourite, driving the McLaren which therefore became my favourite team. To see him go to Williams was not very positive for me, and when he unfortunatly died early that very same season, that was the most sad moment in my F1-watching life. :cry:

After Senna I have had several other favourites, among them Hill (94-95-96), Villeneuve (97) and Hakkinen (98-01). Hakkinen was maybe the driver that, second only to Senna, has been my overall biggest favourite. Allthough, today I am a huge fan of Kimi Raikkonen, McLaren's still the team ofcourse, and I hope he can maybe, just maybe take home the WDC this year :D I am probably a huger fan of Kimi now than I have ever been of any driver earlier. Go Kimi!

#78 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

• 15,755 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 22:07

Hey Iceman! :wave:

You know Ghostrider and Iceman didn't hit it off so well in the beginning in "Top Gun", but they became friends in the end. :smoking: :up:

#79 The Iceman

The Iceman

• 17 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 22:30

You are correct on that one :)
...allthough my nickname is not refering to the fighterpilot in the 'Top Gun' movie.... It shouldn't be too hard to figure out what it actually refers to though ;)

Advertisement

#80 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

• 15,755 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 22:33

Originally posted by The Iceman
You are correct on that one :)
...allthough my nickname is not refering to the fighterpilot in the 'Top Gun' movie.... It shouldn't be too hard to figure out what it actually refers to though ;)

I have my suspicions. :)

Maybe Val Kilmer can play Kimi in future F1 movie. :cool:

#81 Alonsoid

Alonsoid

• 417 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 22:44

hi all, i am 23 and from india originally. I currently reside in Chicago and am in gradschool. I support Alonso and Panis and also Renault among the constructors. :D

#82 fuzzybunny

fuzzybunny

• 904 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 10:23

Yep suppose I'd better do this.

Been here before under another name (shhh no telling!)
Twenty something and holding on to that for dear life! :D

Fond of Renault, Alonso, Kimi and Webber (As decreed by the 'support your nearest driver' thread - lucky break)
Also nominated Verstappen Fan (JOOOOOOOOOOSSSS!!) just for kicks. :clap: :clap:

Live in Sowf Efrica. :rolleyes:

Usually dead wrong about things, so if you find yourself agreeing with anything I say, you should probably review your position and get out before I make a complete ponce of myself (standard fare) taking you with me. :|

#83 Ross

Ross

• 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2003 - 12:10

Hi guys,

I'm new in this Forum, so here are a couple of words to introduce myself..

I'm from Montreal. I've been following racing since 25 years... First race in Mt Tremblant in CanAm series with some pilots like Dan Gurney. It's a circuit like Watkins Glenn in Eastern US.

I've seen Gilles Villeneuve racing in "Ski Doo", Atlantic series and of course in F1. I was there at Notre-Dame circuit (now GV circuit) for its dramatic race where he lost its aero package; and also for its victory. What a driver.

I had also the chance to be directly in the Paddock and see others F1 drivers at Montreal circuit: Senna, Prost, Mansell, Alesi, Piquet. I woud say that Senna what the most impressive of all; after a qualification he seemed to be really on another planet.

Of course in the last years, i've seen also Schmacher, Villeneuve, Hakkinen, etc...I found today's racing very different with all the electronics on board, no slicks, etc.. It was more interesting befoe. Someting has to be change; it's a first this year but I don't think that it will be enough.

We have the opportunity in Montreal to have CHAMP series and F1 series and both are really interesting; different but very interesting. We have two Quebecers in the Champ series (Carpentier and Tagliani) and they are giving a great show; and Tracy now with a lot of Anglos fans..

And for the ones that follows the races in Montreal, we have always very interesting races with a lot of incidents. I's some kind of a "Carnaval" in the city for a week. You just have to take the subway (15 mins) to go to the circuit and even in the city you can hear the sound during the qualifs..Fantastic.

Ciao

#84 aportinga

aportinga

• 7,791 posts

Posted 02 May 2003 - 23:58

I'm new here as well. You'll find that I a loaded with wonderful insight and spot-on information regarding F1 and cold-fussion of underwear.

Currently I reside in a stick frame house - near a van by a river. I live there with my dog "scraps" who used to be in movies but ended up type-casted and homeless.

We usually watch the Home Shopping Network together at dinner and sometimes catch an F1 race when we're at my aunt Sue's house.

Someday I wanna be an F1 driver just like that Jeff Gordon. I know I can do it cause my other cousin Melva Ray says I'm really good at ridin my bike.

Well it's nice to meet yee - all.

#85 blow

blow

• 41 posts

Posted 05 May 2003 - 12:01

i am new......i wanna learn how to insert an image on my post.... anybody can give me a help?

I have read the FAQ section but still has got no clue how to insert image.
it states something like there is a "browse" button at the bottom of the page, but i couldn;t find any

#86 blow

blow

• 41 posts

Posted 05 May 2003 - 13:27

http://C:My Document...sschumi pic.JPG

testing

#87 aportinga

aportinga

• 7,791 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 01:02

blow did you figure it out yet?

#88 blow

blow

• 41 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 05:15

i still can't, i tried to look for a site to download my picture but couldn't find.

Is there any way you can post a picture from your hard disk?? :confused:

#89 aportinga

aportinga

• 7,791 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 00:13

Unfortunately you cannot. Any image must be loaded on the web in order for it to be posted in any of the rooms.

#90 Peter Windsor

Peter Windsor

• 63 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 17:54

Hi

My name is Peter and I am 38

And I am not an F1 journalist or Speed Channel commentator :cool:

My first F1 memory is Niki Lauda's recovery from injuries suffered in that terrible crash in 1976, I had never followed F1 before but the press attention for the recovery of him from his injuries got me fascinated by F1 and I watched my first race in Japan of 76

I supported Lauda and then over the years have progressed to supporting Gilles Villeneuve, Ronnie Peterson, Stefan Bellof, Keke Rosberg, Nigel Mansell, Michael Schumacher, Jacques Villeneuve, Juan Montoya and also recently too Felipe Massa

As you can see i like true racers as opposed to drivers

I don't hate any F1 drivers in particular although I don't have a lot of time for Ralf, Button or Vertstappen

I love CART and despise IRL too

#91 renaultf1chic

renaultf1chic

• 81 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 18:42

Originally posted by Peter Windsor
Hi

I love CART and despise IRL too

:clap:

#92 Slatz

Slatz

• 670 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 04:58

Hi Everyone,

I have lurked around here on and off for a while. I'm a fan of good racing, and support McLaren and DC.

cheers,
Slatz.

#93 max211

max211

• 24 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 05:29

Hi..! My name is Azlan and I am from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. I started watching F1 seriously in the 99 season. My favourite drivers are Hakkinen, Villenueve, Montoya, Raikonnen and Alonso. Teams: McLaren, Williams, Toyota, Renaut.

I've been following this BB for around a year and I must say that this is one of the best on the net for F1 (if not the best).

Cheers guys...! :)

#94 Foo-Ha

Foo-Ha

• 19 posts

Posted 13 May 2003 - 21:53

Hi.

My name's Dan. I'm a 27-year-old TV sports producer living in Columbus, Ohio, USA. I've followed F1 closely for about 12 years, but was a casual fan before that.

I've been a Schumacher fan since he first came into F1, but I also like Trulli, Webber, and Da Matta.

All of my teams (Benetton and Footwork, especially) have sort of fallen off the face of the earth, so I guess I'm a Ferrari fan by default. Renault is one of my favorites too, because it's basically Benetton with a few changes.

I don't like Williams, McLaren, Coulthard, or Button. I think BAR's bumbling is funny. I'm disappointed there aren't any crappy Japanese drivers to make fun of this season.

My user name is a reference to the way F1 results were often abbreviated in the early '90s by American media outlets. Apart from Schumacher, the first thing I'd look for in practice and qualifying results was Footwork-Hart (or Foo-Ha).

#95 berlinetta

berlinetta

• 2,179 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 03:36

Hi Foo-Ha, welcome on board.

May I ask you why you don't like Williams? :rolleyes: You mean the team or person???

#96 Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari

• 16 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 12:30

Hello everyone. My name is Anthony and I'm an alcoholic....oops, wrong place, sorry!

My name is Anthony and I am a thirty something year old Ferrari and F1 fan. I used to use Atlas as my main source of F1 news until it became a subscription site. I have been an F1 fan for many years. I vaguely remember James Hunt winning the championship in 1976 and have slightly clearer memories of every season since then.
I live in Sheffield (UK) with my wife and two daughters. We try to get to a couple of races a year (plus Silverstone) and usually manage it. Went to Imola this year and will be going to Silverstone and Monza aswell. My wife goes to all the European races as she has her own business buying and selling F1 memorabilia. This is great because I get to wear stuff like this without actually having to buy it:
Posted Image

I am a big fan of Nuvolari and Gilles. In the modern era you have to admire Michael but I miss Eddie. 1999 was a great season, so close but so far. I'm not a fan of all of Ferrari's team decisions. Austria and Indy last year were embarrasing! Also if they hadn't used team orders in France 1999 Eddie could have been champion.

Look forward to exchanging views and information with you all.

Did you know that between 1956 and 1960 Ducati race bikes were decorated with a prancing horse similar to the Ferrari emblem? I only discovered this yesterday and I thought it was very exciting! See you in the Nostalgia Forum...

#97 Group B

Group B

• 13,971 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 12:44

Welcome AF :wave:

#98 clapp81

clapp81

• 16 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 12:55

Hello all! Just some basic info on me:

Name - Ben
Home - Connecticut, U.S.A.
Fav. Constructor - Renault (will be VW, if they EVER enter the sport)
Fav. Contemporary Driver - Trulli
Fav. All-Time Drivers: Hakkinen, Hunt, Pryce
Fav. F1 Tracks - Spa, Nurburgring
Fav. Non-F1 Tracks - Mid Ohio, Watkins Glen, Road Atlanta, Road America
Fav. Non-F1 Driver - Castroneves

Well, I've been a fan of motor racing since I was very young, fortunate enough to have caught a couple Grands Prix in Montreal over the years. I've also been to my share of Nascar, Sports Car and Champcar races, too many venues to list. I've only been die-hard into F1 since just before the 1997 season, although I've got quite a fascination with F1 of the late 1960's, early 1970's. I sometimes feel as if I were born 30 years too late, as the thought of Hunt or Stewart racing through the esses at Watkins Glen is the first thing that pops into MY mind when I think F1.

Anyway, hope to post lots of interesting and relevant comments and threads on here, and meet some interesting people.

Feel free to leave me a message through AOL INSTANT MESSENGER - USER NAME = "clapp81".

Ciao

#99 aportinga

aportinga

• 7,791 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 17:20

Posted Image

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Great Picture!

Advertisement

#100 Foo-Ha

Foo-Ha

• 19 posts

Posted 15 May 2003 - 21:47

Originally posted by berlinetta
May I ask you why you don't like Williams?

I have nothing against Frank Williams. He seems like a nice enough guy.

Mostly, the reason I don't like his team was that when I first became a big F1 fan, Schumacher and Benetton seemed to always be competing against Damon Hill and Williams for World Championships. The rivalry of the early '90s is the main reason I don't like the Williams team. I've just never been able to get past that.