The Racing Comments Introduction Thread for New Members

• Please log in to reply
1189 replies to this topic

#101 shays

shays

• 1,269 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 05:58

Hello everybody...the 100th replies for this thread... :wave:

Being here since 2000, lost my initial username and use this username since 2001. Used to live in Melbourne but now working in Malaysia as a finance consultant. I'm 22 and a half, male and currently attached to a really non-f1 girlfriend.... :|

Rooting for Sauber and Kimi in particular..use to fancy Alex Yoong (ha ha..just kidding 'mate)..... :love:

Advertisement

#102 Fortymark

Fortymark

• 5,802 posts

Posted 21 May 2003 - 23:36

Originally posted by shays
Hello everybody...the 100th replies for this thread... :wave:

Being here since 2000, lost my initial username and use this username since 2001. Used to live in Melbourne but now working in Malaysia as a finance consultant. I'm 22 and a half, male and currently attached to a really non-f1 girlfriend.... :|

Rooting for Sauber and Kimi in particular..use to fancy Alex Yoong (ha ha..just kidding 'mate)..... :love:

Yeah, we heard about your story there... Hope it works out.
I had a laugh for myself there for a while, I read your text wrong "I´m 22 and a half-male" :lol:

#103 Smooth

Smooth

• 10,359 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 00:09

Originally posted by Anthony_Ferrari
Also if they hadn't used team orders in France 1999 Eddie could have been champion.

Love the pic!! :up:

(and on the 99 season: They also used team orders in Malaysia to keep Eddie in the race: He was given more points than were taken away in France....;) )

Welcome all!!! :clap:

#104 Brutom

Brutom

• 53 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 15:21

Hello Everyone,

I live in Cumberland Indiana USA and have always been here in central Indiana.

The first thing that really ignited my passion for auto racing was attending the 1968 Indianapolis "500" at the age of 9 and being instantly captivated by the day-glow red STP Lotus turbine cars that so nearly won that race. Their shape, color and sound was, for me at that time, like seeing something from another world, I guess!

Anyway, being where I am, I often attend the many midget and sprint car races we have locally. Most of all I like sprint cars on the high-banked pavement tracks: Winchester, Salem and Anderson in Indiana. I'd love to see what a current Formula One car could do at one of these places!

For the last several years I've been very much a fan of the racing simulation "Grand Prix Legends" and have a current ranking of -9 for those of you who know what that is. Getting it negative was a BIG DAY for me, I can tell you sincerely! A long time coming and a lot of laps.

I"m a big fan of the Jordan team and always hope they do well, although I just enjoy seeing good racing who ever wins.

Bye for now.

Bruce Tomlin

#105 Lagonda

Lagonda

• 253 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 20:31

Hello...

Thought I'd drop a line to introduce myself, I've used atlas before and I think it's a top site, My man is a long time member and I think he's a bit fed up with me looking over his shoulder all the time so I got him to buy me a subscripition. :kiss:

I've been following F1 for years, family sundays around the TV. I have pledged my alligence Williams and Mclaren, but have huge respect for those darstadly Red Cars and Shui.. Senna, Hill and Mansell are my heros from those days.

Man and I go to as many races as full time jobs will allow, We do Goodwood every year, went to Barcelona last year and had a Fab time, Had a very Jammy day in the Paddock, Met JPM and Sir Frank, had an absolute blast courtesy of a mate who works for a sponsor.

Anyway, that's enough about me I'm off for a look around,

See Ya! :wave:

#106 Uxoros

Uxoros

• 861 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 22:14

Hello,

I'm 19 years from Switzerland. I basically speak french, so my english isn't very good. I subscribed to AtlasF1 on spring 2002 and I'm coming daily to look at the news and pictures. I'm reading the forum only since 2-3 months and I was surprised to find very interesting discussions, particularely about technical stuff.

I'm looking F1 on TV for over ten years, but only became a addicted since 2001. Before, I liked both Ayrton Senna and Nigel Mansell. I remember that I was supporting also a white-red car, whose driver was called Hakkinen. I liked this name... but he wasn't winning races, so it was bad. Then came the 1st May 1994 when I saw live the Senna crash. I was so terrified... It scarred me a lot and then there was a german, Michael Schumacher, that was winning all the races. I supported Hill, but didn't looked as many races as before Senna's death. I heard then that Schumacher did some unfair manoeuvres. In 1995 I was another time scared when Mika crashed at Adelaide. Schumacher was still in front... I looked at him on the podium and I didn't liked his face, his arrogance and his antisportive wheel-turns on the track. So I started hating him... In 1996 I was so happy when Hill finally had his WDC title. After that in 1997, I was supporting Jacques Villeneuve, and he was so brilliant. Schumacher tryied to hit the Williams, but he failed. I remember I was laughing like crazy.

In 1998, I was back with Mika. I was a great fan of him as he was finally winning races and beating Schumacher. I was really happy for him when he became champion in Suzuka. It was all the same during 1999, but it was a bit easier as Schumacher crashed in Silverstone and was out. Irvine hadn't enough speed to come along Mika and he won his second title at Suzuka. Irvine was funny after his crash in the race. Mika was funny as well and I liked when he was doing the gesture of winning, with the arms in sqare, with the fist in the air, in front of the team enjoying his victory behind the barrier, after Mika comes out of the car. I liked that very much...

In 2000 it wasn't very good at the start, because Schumacher was back, winning all the races. Coulthard was doing better than Mika, and I was impressed by David's job. I thought he could maybe win once a championship... but finally Mika came back and struggled for the title again. Unfortunately, Mercedes engine's failure in Indianapolis was the end of Mclaren good times and Ferrari won the title with Schumi in Suzuka. That was really disappointing, because I felt that it would come.... Ferrari was growing since years and the finally did it.

At this point, I became really a F1 fan, because before that, I was juste looking the races on TV with my father, since I was child in fact... In 2000 I started looking also qualifying and after the 2000 season I discovered F1-Live.com site and I became addicted to Formula 1.

Talking about teams, I like Sauber very much, because I'm so proud of them, being swiss. I admire Peter Sauber, because he's a really good personality for motorsport, an especially F1. I did such a big job, that's impressive. I also like McLaren since many years... since Hakkinen in 1994.

So, it was in september 2000, when I looked at the news on F1-Live.com and I saw someone called Räikkönen, testing the C19 at Mugello. I remember again the time.... something like 1'27''1 and Schumi was running at 1'26''3, and the driver called Räikkönen was Finn and did only karting and Formula Renault. It was the first sign that came to me, this 0''8 between them. I remember feeling something special in my mind when I realised what this driver was doing... I didn't knew Peter Sauber very well at that time, and I neither knew Kimi. He continued doing good test session and the swiss team was impressed by him. That was the second sign. Eeckelaert was telling that Kimi was amazing and that was incredible for me. After that, when FIA gave him only the superlicence for 4 races, I thought that they were right because Kimi was so unexperienced.

The third and last sign was Melbourne 2001. He qualifyied 13th I remember and he was something like only three tenths behing Heidfeld. And then he finnished 6th and said he wasn't satisfied because there were five driver in front of him. That was incredible, I was so suprised. I realised that this driver had a huge potential and that he would be world champion one day. All the people working with him were telling the same things, and I was happy also because he only was 21 years old.

Since then, I'm a huge Kimi Räikkönen Fan and I collect all the news, pictures, videos and all the stuff related to him. I'm also member of the official Kimi Raikkonen Fan Club. I'm posting on different french F1 forums to fight for Kimi, for his credibility. I remember it wasn't easy in 2001, because they all were focussing on Montoya. And then in 2002 it was difficult too because they all said "look at the placing in WC" and he was behind DC because of all the failure of the car in the race. I was so happy when he fought with Montoya in Hockenheim and Hungaroring... and times goes by... now he's has won his first race, he has finished all the time on the podium except Barcelona and he's leading the WDC and it so strange because there are more and more Kimi fans. But in 2001 there was nobody on the forums.

So, when I read AtlasF1 forum, I'm only stopping rolling the thread when I see a post of HSJ. :up:
No, I'm joking. I read all of you, but you know my favourites.;)

#107 Uxoros

Uxoros

• 861 posts

Posted 30 May 2003 - 22:15

Oh my good, such a big post. :lol:

#108 void babydoll

void babydoll

• 86 posts

Posted 01 June 2003 - 12:25

Hi i'm a 20 year old Melbournian or Australian specifically.This isn't the first time i've posted nor the first time i've been registered, after something happened i couldn't log in again or something because i hadn't been on for a few months well longer than that actually. Anyways I'm a Ferrari fan not exclusively. Being an Aussie I have a soft spot for Webber and am happy he has been signed til 2005 with jag. I went to my first GP this year in Melbourne - appalling I know ! Despite the shite weather we were subjected to that lead to my clothes and shoes being covered in mud - i'm a girl it's ok to complain about that right ? End of complaint. It was very much worth it, I was on turn eleven plenty of action. Despite my poor sense of technical knowledge , which I'm able to admit , I am learning, the technical forum has become my new home - thanks to all who painfully and in detail explain things to me. This years changes have probably made me interested in F1 again, Ferrari winning all the time probably caused me more than anything to cease watching every race til 4am. Predictability is never good. I have an interest in cars,especially mini's i'm going to restore one - well someone who knows what they're doing will for me . Anyways thats about all folks.

" I think, therefore I am single"

#109 catastrophe

catastrophe

• 2 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 14:43

Hello everybody!n :wave:

I registered yesterday but I have been reading your comments for a while.
I´m 50% finnish and 50% colombian and I live in Finland.

If you are wondering which driver I like most, it´s JP.Montoya!

#110 paulogman

paulogman

• 1,956 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 06:17

hello,
i have been a fan of motorsports since i was a growing up in the states. it started for me by watching the indy 500 in the seventies on memorial day. i remember thinking that was the only motor race in the world all year. ignorance is bliss as is said. then cbs began showing the odd nascar race, i was hooked on the action and speed ( pre restrictor plate ) i still have the last talledega 500 on tape some where before the restrictions came in. 210 mph laps in cars with no real down forcw to speak of. :drunk: it wasn't until i was 13 in 1982 that i learned of the existence of f1. i borrowed a copy of a friends ROAD & TRACK magazine and saw a race report. i was hooked, and have been ever since. it was more than rare for an f1 race to be televised on the states at that time. if one ever was it was usually from monaco, and never live or complete in coverage. ABC has a long history of story telling instead of proper coverage.
although they more often got it wrong than right, they struck gold in 1990. as part of the coverage, tape delayed same day coverage (wow, same day :clap: ,) they showed an on board camera clip from Ayrton Senna's pole position lap with commentary from jackie stewart. i still have that on tape, and watch it from time to time. that must be one of the greatest single lap performances i have ever seen. no tc, drive by wire throttle, semi auto gearbox crap. just a simple steering wheel a gear lever a mechanical clutch, and a maestro at the wheel.
up until i moved to denmark, in 1995 i had only seen the odd f1 race live. cbs would show the US gp from detroit as i now recall, but it wasn't with any context to the rest of the season.
then my view of the f1 world changed as every race was shown live.

i have missed alot, but i will do my best to add my two cents worth. here's hoping to see some great racing in the coming months and years.

#111 kath

kath

• 1 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 13:36

hola! :wave: apparently i'm new here. generally i'm quite more familiar with some pretty tech stuff such as sony ericsson. tho i was hooked up into this interesting forum after checkin out several ferrari/f1 websites. i currently reside in manila but hoping i'd be able to stay in italy for good soon enough. and, oh yes, am sweet 16, and in junior high. for an introduction, this won't be as long. got nothin much to say.. well, besides my guy who's such a Ferrarist and so into it since childhood, i can say i also am a great fan, um LOVER rather, of Ferrari! truly! :lol:

#112 PPatrik :: LKF

PPatrik :: LKF

• 181 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 19:11

Hi! :wave:

I' Patrik from Hungary.
(The "LKF" in my nick is a monogram of a hungarian word-joke-name what is my nick in another forum)

I'm a 26 years old journalist and some more. I'm interesting about the technical aspect of F1, so i was and going to read the technical forum almost every day. My favourite driver was Mansell and after him Jean Alesi. I made my final exam at high school the day after he won in Canada, and i was so happy...

I love rallying to, watch the WRC series and our national rally championship. Twice i was a co-driver in a group A Trabant. And i was a photographer in rally, and finally made a webpage for our rally team and for the rally photos and videos (www.rallyalbum.hu).

I'm going to get married in july 12th, and move to Budapest, wich city is just as beautiful as Prague or Wien... if you don't know them, visit one of them! :)

And finally if i'll be lucky i will race in a group N car at the Hungaroring (wich is boring circuit we also know it... oh, there will be some more straights, and less corners this year, we hope it works)

#113 Never

Never

• 2 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 11:14

Hi all.

Newbie in this forum, but veteran of F1watching and discussing!

26, male, Italian living in london and working between a gp and the other.

As for the important stuff, I am a hardcore Ferrari fan, and I will do anything to support them. Not a huge MS fan though, but as long as he drives a "rossa" he's good enough for me. Other favs are Kimi, Giancarlo and Nick. No-no drivers? Well Montoya, Villeneuve and DC are my favourite hated ones, but I'll give them credit when they do well (not very often! ;) )

Looking forward to white-hot debates and funny banter!

#114 BuddhaTech

BuddhaTech

• 7 posts

Posted 04 July 2003 - 08:05

Intro time for me too!

Hi...my name is Mike and I have a...oops wrong intro.:drunk:

I am - Mike from Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- a 29 year old that doesn't know what to be when he grows up:|
- an F1 fan since '85
- an avid motorsports fan in general, grew up watching dad race bikes and 1/4 mile cars
- an R/C car racer for 20 years

I've lurked around the Atlas BB for almost 2 years. I used to travel a lot in my last occupation so I wasn't able to post very often but now I have plenty of time... :)

I look forward to interacting with the very high-quality ppl that frequent this little corner of cyber-space.

#115 goKIWI

goKIWI

• 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2003 - 14:13

hi there peeps,
ok :p im a mclaren fan here. go KiWI yeah yhays the driver i root for not the fruit :)
im :wave: a indian from goa in chennai and i know smiley :)

#116 goKIWI

goKIWI

• 3 posts

Posted 20 July 2003 - 10:46

just checking my avtaar :wave:

#117 Tony Webb

Tony Webb

• 20 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 10:39

Not really sure what to write here but hello anyway.

#118 Mr Tomalski

Mr Tomalski

• 194 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 21:24

Hi, Im new and support Schumi. But, dont we all? :lol:

#119 The Force Ferrari

The Force Ferrari

• 32 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 12:21

I'm back. Just managed to resurrect my account, which required getting back in to my ntl email, quite a feat I can tell you.

Well anyway you might know me as Forza Ferrari. If you are thinking Oh No not that nutter then tough.

Advertisement

#120 Gofio

Gofio

• 4 posts

Posted 31 July 2003 - 23:49

Hi guys, I´m an all new AtlasF1 subscriber and an all new poster here. I´ve been an F1 fan since 1997, been to 2 GP´s (2001 and 2002 Spanish GP) and live in the Canaries. Hope to enjoy this website to the maximum.

#121 Jorn

Jorn

• 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 11:01

Hello,

I'm 45, I live near Oslo in Norway. I've been following F1 since the mid-seventies, and attended my first race in 1982 (Briitish GP at Brands Hatch). Since then I've been to Silverstone (3 times), Monaco, Germany (Hockenheim), Austria, Spain (Barcelona) and Imola, and I'm going to Monza this September.

I'm a great fan of everything Italian, including Scuderia Ferrari. My all-time favourite F1 driver is Jean Alesi. :up: :up:

#122 Jacques27

Jacques27

• 260 posts

Posted 08 August 2003 - 12:53

Hello,

I'm from Bermuda, educated in Canada and now living in London, England looking for work. Obviously I'm a big JV fan but I like Button (I just wish he'd stop hammering Jacques ;) ) and Coulthard. If anybody knows a great place to watch GP's in the city I'd be happy to meet a fellow F1 fan as none of my friends are interested in the sport. Cheers

Dan

#123 catfigs

catfigs

• 1,094 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 15:45

my name is ben and this is my second and last post ever to this board for reasons detailed in the my retirement thread. there will not be another word after this post from me, except to reaffirm my retirement, and occasionally hang shit on various racing drivers i don't like. again, see the my retirement thread for further details. i will, however, accept any emails or posts begging me to change my mind; in fact i demand them. i won't change my mind though. that's final. but it'd be nice if i got posts and emails trying to make me change my mind. even though i won't. but it'd be nice. useless but nice. very nice.
when i'm not retiring/debuting on forums i'm in brisbane australia being a student and writing and stuff. and practising retirement. stuff usually means anything formula one related. or music related. and so forth.
anyway, hi/fare well!

#124 HSJ

HSJ

• 14,002 posts

Posted 09 August 2003 - 16:03

Catfigs (Ben), funny stuff! :lol: :love: Welcome to your retirement!

#125 holiday

holiday

• 3,473 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 02:55

user catfigs

formula1 career 2003-2003

he was one of the greatest

#126 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Nostalgia Forum Moderator

• 24,445 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 22:09

So that laudatory post in the Nuvolari thread in TNF was some other catfigs then? :p

#127 catfigs

catfigs

• 1,094 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 13:54

is it me or has my retirement thread been retired? surely catfigs deserves a dignified entry/exit? unless i'm getting my own catfigs retirement forum to myself! :drunk:

#128 mr. handsome

mr. handsome

• 2,408 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 05:51

WHAT ON EARTH??? You're HERE? Not that I'm not happy about it, just stunned. :eek:

Anyway, let me say that I am more than sorry that your retirement-thread got deleted. It sure wasn't pearls before pigs for me.

Welcome!

#129 stinger_nz

stinger_nz

• 9 posts

Posted 14 August 2003 - 00:35

Hey

I might as well introduce myself
I'm a 21 year old Kiwi.....I've been following F1 since 1995 and my favourite driver at the moment would have to be Juan Pablo Montoya followed by Jenson Button, but Hopefully next year Scott Dixon will make the jump after winning the IRL. He already proved himself in the Cart series and next year should see him with at least a test drive :D

But anyway Catfigs you retired you can't just keep coming back without holding a press conference to announce your return from the wilderness :rotfl: :smoking:

Cheers to all and lets have a great season

So long as that bitch MS doesn't drive JPM of the track at suzuka I'll be happy

#130 DragonFuMa

DragonFuMa

• 1 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 16:26

Hi, folks
I'm glad to have found this refugium.
CYA - Syl

#131 checkonetwo

checkonetwo

• 1,164 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 07:05

hello everybody
i´m 33 years old and live in vienna, austria. i `m new to that forum and will hopefully have some quality unbiased (as far as this is possible...) communication round here. been following formula1 since niki lauda at nürburgring 1976. my favourite all time driver is gilles villeneuve. currently i rate trulli, webber and raikkonen alot. been to austria 2002 and at that very day decided to give a hard time to every schufosi for the rest of my life. :smoking:

greetings earthlings.

#132 CampioneFerrari

CampioneFerrari

• 707 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 22:21

Hello everyone as you can tell from my name i am a huge Ferrari fan, i am Italian but i now live in Vancouver, B.C.,Canada. I'm also a big Fisi fan and obviously want him in a Ferrari ASAP, anyway i excited to be now on the biggest and best forum on the net. :)

#133 Arnie Schwarznugga

Arnie Schwarznugga

• 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 16:46

New :up:

#134 Ricardo Perez Pand

Ricardo Perez Pand

• 60 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 02:33

Originally posted by bira
If you are a new member to this forum and would like to introduce yourself, you're welcome to do it here. (You don't have to, but kindly do not start a new thread for this purpose only).

maybe this is second time

Hi! my comments are simply about the actual hot issue on tires..could it be possible that mr Whitting be so ambigous or so Ferrari prone to..the week that start tomorrow, for us in Dominican Republic is now sunday 10:28 PM.. so from monday through next friday will be a full activity week in media sports station..actually we enjoy and interactive radio FM program , two hours long and the producers usually invites me to comments on F1 matters.. I really wouldnt like to see such a dirty move because interest in sport..now the fault is B tyre..what about the package included the downmood mind of a driver used to win in loneliness..I praise God this black hand things not to happens. bye.

#135 Darrenj

Darrenj

• 1,474 posts

Posted 06 September 2003 - 15:13

Lets see Name Darren Maharaj age 32
originally from the Carribean a small twin island republic called Trinidad and Tobago
been living in Sweden now for about 5 years.... (my girlfriend is Swedish)
Totally f1 mad since my dad took me to my first race the Brazil GP in Rio in 1985 !!!!!!!!!! just 2 hours by plane from Trinidad.
The smell and sound, the first time I heard those fantasic ferrari Turbos JEEEZUS!!!!!
Actually saw Senna driving as well to amazing... since I've been living here I've been to numerous rallyies and f1 races.. I love motorsport in general and totally love building model cars.
Darren Maharaj...

#136 The Dancing Banana

The Dancing Banana

• 25 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 15:08

Greetings and salutations!

#137 pocky

pocky

• 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2003 - 21:47

Hello everyone.
I'm 42 years old from Japan.
I watched f1 since 1987.
I watched GPs in Europe: 1991 Italy, 2002 Belgium
My favorite driver is Ayrton.
I am also looking forward to Japanese Grand Prix of this year.
Is it the championship decider?
Please visit my site (by Japanese and English).
Formula One Book Of Records

#138 scs

scs

• 267 posts

Posted 16 September 2003 - 12:43

Hi everyone.. :wave:

It's a little bit late for me to introduce myself but it's better than never i guess.. :eek:

I am 24 and from Istanbul , Turkey..i know many of you are angry about the possibility of GP in Istanbul for several reasons but as you may imagine its an incredible thing for us..

I never have the opportunity to watch a race live because its very very very expensive for me at the moment but i have high hopes to go Monza next year..

I ve been around from early this year but i felt too shy to post a message here..

i started watching F1 regulary after 98 Canada , before that i watched when there was nothing to do and i didn't cheer for anyone but when i saw Schumi walking angrly to DC's pits i decided to be his fan cause he was exciting to watch and his never ending fighting was amusing..( and i 've always found DC's driving boring and for some reason i never fancy JVie..)

Cheers.. :drunk:

#139 ryohki

ryohki

• 60 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 02:37

Hi all :D
new here.... mainly lurking in the racing sims forum....
:wave:

Advertisement

#140 ryohki

ryohki

• 60 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 02:39

oh, I suppose I should add some more info about me...
uh, I'm 25, have a computing degree, drift more towards art, though...
and I'm the wonderful boyfriend of another atlas member :D
w00t :p

edit: for some reason, I always think I'm still 24, I'm actually 25 now.. :rolleyes:

#141 Senninha2000

Senninha2000

• 1,628 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 06:54

/me wanders out of the Paddock Club entrance for a breather

Hey! There's like, new people here!

Hello new people! :wave: :kiss:

/me wanders back into the Paddock

#142 ryohki

ryohki

• 60 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 07:54

Originally posted by Senninha2000
/me wanders out of the Paddock Club entrance for a breather

Hey! There's like, new people here!

Hello new people! :wave: :kiss:

/me wanders back into the Paddock

wow! I feel welcomed :D
thankyou :)
oh... what's the paddock club?

#143 Williams

Williams

• 6,829 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 09:36

Originally posted by ryohki

See the Forums Index and look for "The Padock Club".;)

And Welcome to RC. :)

#144 Senninha2000

Senninha2000

• 1,628 posts

Posted 19 September 2003 - 09:38

Originally posted by ryohki

So you should ;)

The Paddock is the home of the elite - the beautiful people.... Well, everyone that's a full member at any rate... Get 30 posts, then send an email to Pit Babe to be let in, so you can join us in our meanderings.. (and the occasional rant)

See you there soon :wave:

#145 ryohki

ryohki

• 60 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 22:54

Originally posted by Senninha2000
Get 30 posts, then send an email to Pit Babe to be let in, so you can join us in our meanderings.. (and the occasional rant)

See you there soon :wave:

mmm I love a jolly good rant.
and a nice meander, too... oh well, this makes me over half way there.... :D

#146 migf1

migf1

• 29 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 14:22

Hi all!

I just registered to the forum a few days ago, although I've been quite active to similar ones for years (mainly operated in my native language, Greek that is).

An F1 fan since 1983, born in 1967, resident of Athens, a great fan of Ayrton, whose F1 career I had the luck to watch from day one. The same luck, fortunately, holds for M.Schumacher's and Hakkinen's carrers, who I certainly picked as the two very best of their generation (both being on the same level, far away & above anyone else, but with Michael being just a click better than Mika -mostly due to his ability to be consistently very good in almost every race he has attended so far).

Senna was the main reason McLaren became my favorite team, with Renault and Williams being in my "biased-towards list" too.

After Senna's death :( :confused: I didn't (and don't) fell like supporting any driver(s), decided to stick just to the team instead (McLaren that is). Anyhow, I always believed that teams (and thus the Constructors Championship) are more important than drivers, since the former constitute a much more deep value throughout the years (they come & go much less frequent than drivers do). I realize this is not common logic amongst the fans of the sport, but then again, neither the FIA's, the drivers' and/or the constructors' behavior always conforms with common logic, does it ;)

I was a regular Atlas-F1 reader before it became a pay-site, rating it one of the best F1 resources on the Net. It still is, I guess :up:

PS. How come there are no avatars to pick from, in my CP?

#147 fastlegs

fastlegs

• 1,956 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 16:14

I would like to find out how one goes from "New Member" status to "Member" status? Must you pay a monthly fee to AtlasF1.com?

I've been classified as a "New Member" for over 1 year now.

#148 Rob G

Rob G

• 10,919 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 16:34

Originally posted by fastlegs
I would like to find out how one goes from "New Member" status to "Member" status? Must you pay a monthly fee to AtlasF1.com?

I've been classified as a "New Member" for over 1 year now.

It's based on quantity of posts, not time. It should change once you hit 30.

Welcome to all new members! :wave:

#149 panzani

panzani

• 18,706 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 21:27

Hi,
My name is Márcio Panzani.
Even though I've been reading Atlas F1 since it was released I'd never became a member and, for the last years, I've just read the first page & the BB.
Today I filled the forms in to really access the BB as a novice member, probably because I like Guinness & there's a tread regarding F1 beer sponsors... ;)
I hope I can contribute to this forum instead of just reading the treads as I've been doing until now.
Well, that's all, I guess... :o

#150 joker

joker

• 19 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 08:42

Hello there

My name is Steve from Manchester, GB.

I have been watching F1 since the middle of the 70's, am 32 years old, and am a big Montoya and Williams fan.

I watch every race even if my girlfriend pulls a face, and intend watching every race I can. (my wedding will NOT be on a race weekend LOL)

I am also a big fan of Johnny Herbert as he's a complete star, nice guy, and has the same surname as me :) . He always looks on the positive side of things.

By day I am a headhunter, by night a poker player and Fun Lovin Criminals fan (just saw them live in Manchester which was brilliant).

I dunno what else to say! LOL