The Racing Comments Introduction Thread for New Members

• Please log in to reply
1165 replies to this topic

#151 Grumpy Old Fart

Grumpy Old Fart

• 5 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 12:15

Hello all! :wave:

My name is Keith and as the user name implies I’m cantankerous, prehistoric and dyspeptic (well, at least on occasion).

My first F1 race in Zandvoort was spent less watching Jim Clark add water to his Lotus than dispensing some water of my own into my fathers lap that very same day in July of 1966.

Well, at least we were at the track together, or so I have been told by friends and family older and grumpier than myself.

I’ve followed the family religion with less respect to bladder capacity and more admiration for the teams and drivers since the mid seventies. I was a great Ronnie Peterson fan, and have learned that nothing lasts forever.

I’ve charted this board for nearly four years now, and have come to the conclusion that it is just like any decent granola – an assembly of nuts, fruits and flakes with limited nutritional value. But who cares for vitamins and minerals, it’s flavor that counts, right?

Grouchy posting to all & sundry!

:wave:

Advertisement

#152 Cobra2

Cobra2

• 87 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 12:20

Originally posted by Grumpy Old Fart

My name is Keith and as the user name implies I’m cantankerous, prehistoric and dyspeptic (well, at least on occasion).

My first F1 race in Zandvoort was spent less watching Jim Clark add water to his Lotus than dispensing some water of my own into my fathers lap that very same day in July of 1966.

Well, at least we were at the track together, or so I have been told by friends and family older and grumpier than myself.

I’ve followed the family religion with less respect to bladder capacity and more admiration for the teams and drivers since the mid seventies. I was a great Ronnie Peterson fan, and have learned that nothing lasts forever.

I’ve charted this board for nearly four years now, and have come to the conclusion that it is just like any decent granola – an assembly of nuts, fruits and flakes with limited nutritional value. But who cares for vitamins and minerals, it’s flavor that counts, right?

:up: Hiya!!

That water bit was classic. :clap: :clap: :clap:

#153 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

• 15,793 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 22:29

Welcome to all new people, nice to see you here, hope you enjoy the Atlas journey! :wave:

I am the big Fisi fan here by the way. Forza Fisi!! :smoking:

#154 berlinetta

berlinetta

• 2,179 posts

Posted 05 October 2003 - 08:29

Originally posted by fastlegs
I would like to find out how one goes from "New Member" status to "Member" status? Must you pay a monthly fee to AtlasF1.com?

I've been classified as a "New Member" for over 1 year now.

Contribute as many posts as you can. You can change your membership status to "Member" if you make more than 30 posts.

#155 maczippy

maczippy

• 1,352 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 19:20

An intro...

My name is Andrew.

A little about me, I am an ex-pat Brit who is a professional equine photographer (and a photog of all things actually) living in Capitola, CA.

My wife (a writer) and I just returned from Indy (our second trip to this track - we went to the inaugural) and we simply had a blast..

Have followed F1 since I was a nipper in the 60's and we're Schumacher/Ferrari/Renault/Alonso supporters, although I truly enjoy all the teams. Simply love the pageantry and colour of all of it.

From the Friday at the USGP....

Posted Image

Look forward to the joining in on the board!

Andrew :)

#156 jonpollak

jonpollak

• 13,112 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 00:28

Originally posted by Grumpy Old Fart

Thank god for GOF
Bout time there was somebody I could relate to on here.
:wave: right back at ya
Jp

PS.Hey joker!!! I love FLC too

#157 masterhit

masterhit

• 1,837 posts

Posted 08 October 2003 - 20:11

Guys, JonPollak is officially one of the board's really nice (and funny) guys.

(hopes that the admins don't consider that a breach of rules and throw me out for gossiping about other members!)

:up:

My name Masterhit is a legacy from other boards where having a tough sounding name stops people being too impolite.

Sometimes grouchiness and a compulsion to say what isn't being said (like it matters) gets the best of me. So don't take my rantings and tendency to be a bit bleak personally, it's all dingos kidneys!!!

Welcome to the board, best wishes, and hope you enjoy the party!

:)

#158 Rudolph

Rudolph

• 42 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 18:10

Hi! I'm Rudolph (formerly known as Rudolf) I was a member on this forum a couple of years ago but then i forgot my password and my e-mail address.... So anyway, just to say hi! :)

#159 modena

modena

• 15 posts

Posted 11 October 2003 - 00:42

Hi All,

I have been following f1 since 96 - the year they started broadcasting it in NZ on a reguar live basis. I am also a fully biased ferrari fan.

I have been lurking around - enjoying the forums for a while now and am looking forward to contributing.

Cheers

Mike

Advertisement

#160 beanoid

beanoid

• 5,247 posts

Posted 17 October 2003 - 07:07

Well, hello,

I'm Emily. I used to hang around Atlas a lot, around 1998 or so, but have been away for awhile. . . . And was quite happy to subscribe. This is still the best F1 site going!

I started watching F1 during the late 80s; I was going to school in Bath, England, and engaged to one of the natives (to whom I am now married, and very happily so). He introduced me to the sport as Nigel Mansell won the WDC. It was all over; I was addicted. When we moved to the US in 1990, we didn't have cable, so we didn't see even one race until May 1998, when I was flipping through the channels now that we finally had cable and . . . Eureka! The Spanish GP on Fox Sports. Can't remember who won, but we were ecstatic, and have not missed a race since. Yes, we get up at 4:30 a.m. to watch all the European GP's live!

Me, I am a payroll manager (hmm, not fun, but one must pay one's bills) and an aspiring writer. I also teach an online writing course for a local college.

I find Fernando Alonso to be the most inspiring driver on the grid; like Cociani (sp?), I started watching him when he was with Minardi, and everyone thought I was mad :p . I also have a certain fondness for Michael Schumacher, and feel fortunate to be able to witness the history he has made (even got to watch it being made in person at the USGP in 2000 and 2003). I could go on and on, but I just love everything about the sport: the color, the noise, the smell, the vibration that runs up through the middle of one's chest while standing in the main grandstand at Indy when those monsters fly up the straight. . . .

Only 139 days till Friday practice at Melbourne (at least in this time zone).

Emily

#161 Cadence

Cadence

• 5,154 posts

Posted 17 October 2003 - 19:52

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Atlas F1 and just wanted to introduce myself to the board before I started posting. I have my friend metz to thank for introducing me to this excellent web publication. This is by far the BEST Formula 1 site in the world.

I've been following F1 since the late 80's and I am a huge McLaren and Williams fan (I like both Ron and Sir Frank's style, a couple of real gentlemen in my opinion). My farourite drivers were/are Aryton Senna and Jacques Villenueve. Both embody what in my opinion makes a driver great: skill, courage, attitude and a willingness to push beyond "the outside of the envelope".

I am greatly relieved to hear that the CDN GP is potentially back on the circuit next year as well. Now if only JV can find himself a respectable ride then all will be right in the universe (mine anyway...) and he can start to make some of his critics swallow a deservingly large portion of humble pie.

#162 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 31 October 2003 - 02:24

Originally posted by beanoid
Well, hello,

I'm Emily. I used to hang around Atlas a lot, around 1998 or so, but have been away for awhile. . . . And was quite happy to subscribe. This is still the best F1 site going!

I started watching F1 during the late 80s; I was going to school in Bath, England, and engaged to :up: one of the natives (to whom I am now married, and very happily so). He introduced me to the sport as Nigel Mansell won the WDC. It was all over; I was addicted. When we moved to the US in 1990, we didn't have cable, so we didn't see even one race until May 1998, when I was flipping through the channels now that we finally had cable and . . . Eureka! The Spanish GP on Fox Sports. Can't remember who won, but we were ecstatic, and have not missed a race since. Yes, we get up at 4:30 a.m. to watch all the European GP's live!

Me, I am a payroll manager (hmm, not fun, but one must pay one's bills) and an aspiring writer. I also teach an online writing course for a local college.

I find Fernando Alonso to be the most inspiring driver on the grid; like Cociani (sp?), I started watching him when he was with Minardi, and everyone thought I was mad :p . I also have a certain fondness for Michael Schumacher, and feel fortunate to be able to witness the history he has made (even got to watch it being made in person at the USGP in 2000 and 2003). I could go on and on, but I just love everything about the sport: the color, the noise, the smell, the vibration that runs up through the middle of one's chest while standing in the main grandstand at Indy when those monsters fly up the straight. . . .

Only 139 days till Friday practice at Melbourne (at least in this time zone).

Emily

Welcome aboard, interesting you were here in 1998, hope your around posting more, you have watched alot of f1, your knowlege would be a asset and appreciated. :up:

#163 Xeneize

Xeneize

• 4 posts

Posted 31 October 2003 - 02:31

Just my first post to say hello.
I'm 38, and I've been watching F1 since 1973.
Ferrari is my Team, and I support any driver at the wheel of the "Cavallino Rampante"
Hope my English is not so difficult to understand, since Spanish is my native language.
Cheers

#164 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 31 October 2003 - 02:53

Originally posted by Xeneize
Just my first post to say hello.
I'm 38, and I've been watching F1 since 1973.
Ferrari is my Team, and I support any driver at the wheel of the "Cavallino Rampante"
Hope my English is not so difficult to understand, since Spanish is my native language.
Cheers

Well live it up, we've won the WCC titles yet again and WC, it's PARTY TIME!! woo.

Welcome to the forum, put your seat belt on, and lets do some posting. :smoking:

#165 mclarensmps

mclarensmps

• 3,760 posts

Posted 31 October 2003 - 06:33

Aye Xeneize! Welcome here mate! :up:

#166 beanoid

beanoid

• 5,247 posts

Posted 31 October 2003 - 06:48

Originally posted by SeanValen

Welcome aboard, interesting you were here in 1998, hope your around posting more, you have watched alot of f1, your knowlege would be a asset and appreciated. :up:

:blush: Well, thank you--I hope I can live up to that!

Hey! We're down to 126 days!

#167 Xeneize

Xeneize

• 4 posts

Posted 31 October 2003 - 12:03

Thanks for your welcome, guys.

126 days! A real eternity to me.
C'mon Bernie, put in some other 4 or 5 GP's, wouldn't it be cool?
5 months outta 12 in the year without F1 is toooooooo much.
Don't you agree ?

#168 kwikmike

kwikmike

• 10 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 20:40

Hi all,

Hereby I would like to introduce myself before I start posting. I'm Michael Dekker, 21 years old and living in The Netherlands. I've been a regular visitor to AtlasF1 since 1996, but only since now I've chosen to pay for AtlasF1, and canceled my subscription to Autosport magazine : (well.. it's certainly a lot cheaper..).

I'm closely following F1 since the Australian GP in 1994, and have been so lucky to find a nice job related to autosport (I work for a company who organises autosport incentives to, for example F1 GP's).

Looking forward to join you all on the bulletin board!

#169 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 5,020 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 16:24

hello i'm vivian. staying in USA. i love ferrari and love/hate michael. ;) but i still go around defending my champ. pathetic me :p this is probably one of the best forums and i'm more than happy to visit and share and maybe mend my views.
sadly the first ever grandprix telecast i watched was 1994 imola right after senna had crashed. i did not know senna then. later i watched a bit of the 1995 season. 1996, i was a big time fan of Ferrari/Michael. Everyday i learn something new about F1 and it amazes me. I had been to the Indy GP this year, i'm a addict now. :lol:
See you guys around.

#170 beanoid

beanoid

• 5,247 posts

Posted 07 November 2003 - 16:49

vivian,

Welcome to the world of the addicted.

#171 ViMaMo

ViMaMo

• 5,020 posts

Posted 09 November 2003 - 23:09

thank you beanoid. :wave:

#172 joriswouters

joriswouters

• 269 posts

Posted 12 November 2003 - 11:52

My first post on this board. :clap:

I knew the site already a long time, but I didn't visit it very much. Thanks to a friend who is also a member of this board, I now visit the site almost daily, if I find the time to do it. It's just that this site is so great, maybe the best in the world, and on this board there are really many F1-experts. And so I hope to learn even more of the sport itself.

For the rest, I have been following the sport for only 4 years, I'm a Ferrari-fan and I work on a 'small' (compared to this one) site on F1. Besides that, I practice karting, only indoor for the moment. But I'm dreaming of having my own kart. :smoking:

I hope that I can follow the threads on this board, because it's so large and I don't have that much spare time left.

#173 I_hate_chicanes

I_hate_chicanes

• 101 posts

Posted 14 November 2003 - 10:28

Hi everyone! :wave:
This is my first post here. I hope posting here proves to be a enjoyable experience for me and others, as well.
I like Juan Pablo Montoya. And my fav team's Mclaren. I'm neutral towards MS and Ferrari. He's not my favourite driver but I don't hate him either.

#174 chris_canuk

chris_canuk

• 6,096 posts

Posted 20 November 2003 - 20:17

Hi All

I've already made a few posts but wanted to provide a brief introduction anyways.

I am Canadian, as you may have guessed from my user name. National pride forces me to hold Jacques Villeneuve as my favourite driver. As a result, I've been pulling for BAR since 1999. Thank God that's over for me.

I am also a Gilles Villeneuve fan. He is my all-time favourite. If he hadn't died I would love to see what he would have accomplished.

Oh how I long for the days of ground effects, real slicks, manual gear shifts, and power slides.

#175 Taiko

Taiko

• 73 posts

Posted 24 November 2003 - 10:14

Hi Everybody
I'm new to this forum and would like to say Gid'day

I'm from New Zealand (but currently living in Japan), I'm a Ferrari supporter since Gerhard Berger drove for them. (but not really a MS Supporter) before for that I followed Williams... on and off.
Being a NZer I should support Mclaren, but I don't (but if Scott Dixon was driving or testing I might consider it) RD put me off Mclaren.

Anyway I’m picking another season with Ferrari at the top :p , hopefully RB will get a bit of luck and push MS a bit more often.
cheers

#176 canon1753

canon1753

• 618 posts

Posted 27 November 2003 - 01:03

Hi! I'm Dan. I'm 32 and been following racing since 84. I'm from Vermont. The first race I went to was the '85 Canadian GP (Ferrari 1-2) then some stock car races. Went to Canada in '86 and 89 for the weekend. Did the WSPC race at Montreal in 90 (Pug 905's debut) and may also be known as the "Manhole cover race." Where one of the Brun 962's crashed into a manhole cover rim that was ripped out of the track.

Went to Montreal for practice in 92 and 93. I hope to be back in 04. I've been CART races at Sanair (last one) and the 92, 93 and 95 New Hampshire races.

I like to read the technical sides of racing, even though I have a humanities background and might not understand as much as I think I do. :)

#177 TigerEyes

TigerEyes

• 67 posts

Posted 30 November 2003 - 16:58

Newbie TigerEyes reporting for BB duties! I kept getting told that this was one of the best F1 BBs onthe web, but until I had a look around, I didn't belive it... Now, I'm a believer - and a poster!

I've been an F1 fan for more years than I care to admit to, and am the only one of my family that's nuts enough to get up at 02:00 to watch the Far Eastern GPs.

#178 nero

nero

• 11 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 17:45

Hi,

I'm Sam. I've followed f1 since the mid 80's and attended most of the Canadian GP's since then as well as many of the US GP's. I'm a JVi fan and I did a one hour biography on Jacques and Gilles in 1997 which aired on Canadian telelvision. I was lucky to have a great ending to the biography with Jacques winning the WDC. I'm quite disappointed with his departure, but maintain a sliver of hope for his return.

#179 phillippe Adams

phillippe Adams

• 59 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 20:25

bit late after 10 posts but here I go! Hello I'm Martin and I'm from Holland. I've been following F1 since 1989 when I was about 12. I used to be really active on the forix forum 2-3 years ago Back then I saw on atlas F1 the thread Jos Verstappen please go away- which got an unlimited amount of posts. I remember some names on this forum from that topic. People were just killing each other off with words and it all got a bit out of control. I did not want to be a member here then. But all seems quiet now - and I'm glad to be a new member. Being from Holland I obviously support Jos Verstappen but with realism (he has die-hard fans!!)

Advertisement

#180 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 17:34

Originally posted by TigerEyes

Newbie TigerEyes reporting for BB duties! I kept getting told that this was one of the best F1 BBs onthe web, but until I had a look around, I didn't belive it... Now, I'm a believer - and a poster!

I've been an F1 fan for more years than I care to admit to, and am the only one of my family that's nuts enough to get up at 02:00 to watch the Far Eastern GPs.

Wish you were posting here years ago, we've been through so many discussions, but formula one world never stops, always beginnings and endings, I welcome the beginning of the TigerEyes legend, hope you stick around, I feel pain when people say hello and never come back, ease my pain fellow f1 soldier. :smoking:

#181 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 16,933 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 17:35

Originally posted by TigerEyes

Wish you were posting here years ago, we've been through so many discussions, but formula one world never stops, always beginnings and endings, I welcome the beginning of the TigerEyes legend, hope you stick around, I feel pain when people say hello and never come back, ease my pain fellow f1 soldier. :smoking:

Hello everyone else as well, quite alot of you, see you in the forums, where the action commences!!!

#182 Senna_NZ

Senna_NZ

• 14 posts

Posted 12 December 2003 - 07:40

Hello everyone :wave: , I'm new here. My name is Bryan and I'm from New Zealand

#183 speedmaster

speedmaster

• 3,738 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 17:05

Originally posted by Senna_NZ
Hello everyone :wave: , I'm new here. My name is Bryan and I'm from New Zealand

With this nick W E L C O M E :clap: :clap: :clap: Senna Forever !!!!

#184 rhpearson

rhpearson

• 83 posts

Posted 20 December 2003 - 11:06

Hello,

I guess I am new here... used to come here before the subscription days and have finally returned. If you search back issues you will find my name among the contributors in 1997 and 1998 (Bob Pearson). And Tom Keeble might remember I edited pieces for his site in 1999, and wrote a couple too. (I noticed my forum profile - Bob - is still in the list...)

These days I am (at last) on my feet as a technical writer, and attempting to manage a couple of real race drivers. As I would dearly love to escape from Technical Writing (and continue as a writer not largely confined to Step 1, followed by Step 2...).

I have just gotten into racing myself. I was a swimmer years ago (retired 10 now) and have at last prepared myself to compete in something again. I bought a RotaxMax kart a few weeks ago to use in the Coupe de Montreal next season. There is a "masters TAG" class in that league for folks over 30 YOA, and that suits me fine. Amazing how the bug to drive these things can be so infectious and consuming. I had not driven a kart of any sort in years, then my main client (I'm a freelancer) had a karting outing (which I dominated) and I was hooked. I followed up with the necessary training to get a license from Auto Quebec, and now I am on my way.

In the years since I have not been around Atlas F1 I have added father to my CV, and just three weeks ago updated that to father of two.

But I have gone on enough for now.

Looking forward to being around Atlas F1 and hopefully even contributing again!

Cheers - and Happy December!

#185 lower case writer

lower case writer

• 154 posts

Posted 24 December 2003 - 01:01

not such a bad feeling not being the only person to wait until after ten posts to introduce myself. i'm the lcw, and i've visited some of the f1 websites looking for the best place around. is this place the place to be?

a fan of the sport, who was attracted to it as a child by watching a fellow countryman make a splash on f1 as he entered it, and make himself a hero to many and legend to the sport, the late gilles villeneuve.

stopped paying attention to the sport for most of the '80s until having my interest rekindled in the early '90s.

#186 SalutGilles

SalutGilles

• 2,149 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 00:30

Ladies and Gents, I'm proud to introduce a new member of my family, and now yours, SecretDestroyer. I'd say something nice, as he's my little brother, but, to hell with that, he's my little brother.

Give him hell.

:lol:

#187 SecretDestroyer

SecretDestroyer

• 42 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 00:32

whatever he said, lies all lies

#188 SecretDestroyer

SecretDestroyer

• 42 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 02:48

i got this off another board and thought someone might like it.

How many message board members does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light
bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electrical section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to
condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb"
is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this
discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs
and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this
group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all
headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot
handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start
it all over again

#189 Seat18E

Seat18E

• 1,133 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 16:52

Hello all:

I recently had to change my log on parameters because a fellow employee recognized - or rather asked me about my previous membership.

I have been around for a bit and had a few conversations prior.

Just thought I'd let you all know.

#190 kiwiscot

kiwiscot

• 84 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 19:48

Hi folks. I'm a scot living in New Zealand (hence the ever so cunning nickname, the result of weeks of creative brainstorming and focus groups). Been interested in F1 since the mid 80s or thereabouts. No strong allegiance to particular drivers / teams but definitely more in the JPM/Williams camp than the MS/Ferrari one. Not that I've got anything against MS, and in fact I supported Ferrari up until they won the championship, but it's never any fun supporting winners, you've got to stick with the underdog. (Spoken like a true scot)

#191 Frogman

Frogman

• 5,976 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 12:04

Ok, here goes,

I used to be a frequent visitor to Atlas in the pre-subscription days (maybe addict is a better word) but was forced to leave when it became a subscription site, since I didn't have a credit card at the time.
I returned as soon as I got one and was reborn as an addict in an instant.
I haven't been lurking for long, so I don't really know aal the members yet. But I bet I'll get to know you soon.

The last Dutch GP was the first I ever visited (1985, Lauda beat Prost for victory and, I believe, the WDC as well). I've been a Prost fan ever since and therefore didn't see the greatness of Senna until it was too late. :(

Nowadays I'm a JPM fan and still hope for the return of Villeneuve.
I prefer the personalities over the robots, but that's just me.

#192 Felomonster

Felomonster

• 44 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 19:14

Hello all. Just joined and look forward to the discussion. I live in the States and am a big fan of JPM.

#193 bigears

bigears

• 872 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 01:06

Hello here.

I am an English student living in glamourous Wolverhampton. I have finally found courage to register into this forum after lurking about for about a month or so.

I am a fan of Formula One and Le Mans. I am a big fan of the Nurburgring Nordschleife track and I have been collecting a lot of footage and images since I fell in love with the "Green Hell."

I am currently studying HND photography and my goal is to be a motorsport photographer.

#194 HONDA FANATIC

HONDA FANATIC

• 577 posts

Posted 16 January 2004 - 18:27

Hi there,
I am Yasser from Lahore, Pakistan. age 20 years. doing Electrical Engineering.

I have been following F1 since 2001. I am die hard Honda fan as my nick implies :smoking:

but I like JPM too and Shumi is outclass too. I hate DC hahahah

I just wish BAR Honda a gr8 season with 3 victories ... (dreams r allowed) :wave: :wave: :wave:

#195 TheDuke

TheDuke

• 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 16:13

Hi,

I'm TheDuke and I live in Belguim.

I'm a big F1-fan since the Belgian GP 1998, the one Damon Hill won. It was alsow the first GP I've visited, little bit wet but great ;).

Since that day i'm a Jordan-fan and that will never change, alsow not when they don't have good results anymore like the last 2 years :|.

TheDuke

#196 E.A.F.

E.A.F.

• 36 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 21:25

I would like to say i big HELLO to everyone here. I am a new member, from Greece, 22 y.o. I am a fan of Formula 1 since 1988 and since then i have watched every grand prix race. I hope that i will have a good time with all of you here!

#197 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

• 15,793 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 21:46

Originally posted by E.A.F.
I would like to say i big HELLO to everyone here. I am a new member, from Greece, 22 y.o. I am a fan of Formula 1 since 1988 and since then i have watched every grand prix race. I hope that i will have a good time with all of you here!

Every race since 1988? That is impressive! :up:

Welcome here E.A.F and welcome to everyone else as well! :wave:

This is the place to be to discuss F1. Lots of great forumers here, enjoy! :smoking:

#198 CrazyJ

CrazyJ

• 16 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 11:40

Nobody will read this, but here it goes anyway...

I'm a 23 year old Marketing student who just got introduced into F! last year, I got hooked and have read everything and anything F1 related since... I have 3 magazine subscription plus Atlas F1.

I'm also a huge Alonso fan and will be going to the Spanish GP this year :clap:

J

#199 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

• 15,793 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 11:46

Originally posted by CrazyJ
Nobody will read this, but here it goes anyway...

I'm a 23 year old Marketing student who just got introduced into F! last year, I got hooked and have read everything and anything F1 related since... I have 3 magazine subscription plus Atlas F1.

I'm also a huge Alonso fan and will be going to the Spanish GP this year :clap:

J

I haver read it already. :cool: Welcome. :up:

Advertisement

#200 Frogman

Frogman

• 5,976 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 13:24

I'm also a huge Alonso fan...

I guessed as much from your sig and your posts in other threads :up: ;)