Photo

Guess the Podium: Melbourne results ("unofficial" round)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Schummy

Schummy

• 1,027 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 13:42

LOL

That's the word that come into my mind when I was considering this round's guesses in the last laps of Melbourne :)

If this GP is the sample for the season, this is going to be wild and interesting. But, of course, the Red Army was, in fact as strong as ever, just hindered by rare events (MSCH's strange idea of bargeboard function, Rubinho brain-fading as if he drove for McLaren). I'm afraid the next GP will fall into that mantra-like normality of lately: ms-rb-jpm ;)

Drivers conspired obviously against our guesses; I suppose they read Atlas forums. Appart from Ferrari's autodestruction procedure, Kimi goes too fast where he must not do it, Monty, boring in a dull (for his standards) first position, goes into "figure-skating mode". And poor David had not enough time to execute something cute with his car.

It's me or this race looked as the classic film "The Great Race", with Ecclestone pushing the destructive buttons. I suppose FIA is really going for it with the new "entertainment" spirit in F1 :cat:

Our classification in this "non valid" round speak for itself: LOL

[B]

num name		Total

6  fifi			 2

1  MAX		   1

2  Ghostrider	1

5  Ric Bol	   1

7  BERNIE		1

8  Schummy	   1

9  Estwald	   1

10 Viss1		 1 

11 Makarias	  1

3  jun		   0

4  Schuting Star 0

[/B]

(As in last year, I put, for each round results, first who has done his/her/its guess earlier. MAX is going to be who "put" its guess earliest, according to its definition, and BERNIE will put its guess when grid positions are established)

Remember that MAX&BERNIE are our "resident" bots and everyone who wants to be considered a F1 fan has the moral obligation of beat both of them ;)

Let me, first of all, stand up and greet to Estwald, our Bronze Medallist last year ;) :up: , and whose match with gerry nassar was the core of last year's game, and the sorce of so many fair jokes.

Special mention also to LB, (our official Scottish here ;) ). He won with 6 points, except for his vote was after the race :lol: , good hit! When I saw it, my heart overturned! I didn't see the hour of the message... he he :up:

It is "interesting" that 5 out of 9 guessed the "default" option: ms-rb-jpm, and we were punished for it. Even Devo (Viss1's dog) could not do better, because he advised Viss1 about guessing dc for 3rd instead jpm: no profit for that.

Anyway, congratulations to fif for his/her two points and a warm welcome for playing here. The same welcome for jun, and I hope both of you are here the next round when more people came hunting for real points :)

Greetings for all of you who I had not welcomed before: Ric Bol (I hope you can repeat yout late rush of 2003), Makarias (fifth last year, and astoundingly regular,... except this time ;) , BTW, congratulaions for your victory in the Turkish rally, Carlos ;) ) . I'm really happy for seeing you all here again.

Next time we will start the real game (with counting points). Things begin to warm up... ladies and gentlemen, start your PCs!

:wave:

Advertisement

#2 Schummy

Schummy

• 1,027 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 13:51

Next round I will write you about some new little mods to scoring (nothing important, not as FIA's mods to rules this year :D )

#3 fifi

fifi

• 12,423 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 14:11

pfffft the only time i win a round in here and its not counted :mad:

:rotfl:

#4 Makarias

Makarias

• 12,657 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 15:39

Hey! I'm STILL astoundingly regular, see for yourself that I scored above average in this race! :p

#5 jun

jun

• 343 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 18:44

phey! I'm glad this didn't count! :blush:

#6 Ric Bol

Ric Bol

• 1,115 posts

Posted 09 March 2003 - 20:52

I'm trying hard :cool: my friend.... :up:

#7 Schuting Star

Schuting Star

• 5,139 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 13:43

Originally posted by jun
phey! I'm glad this didn't count! :blush:

:lol: Ditto for me! Things can only get better.

#8 WillieF1

WillieF1

• 3,656 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 16:13

Originally posted by fifi
pfffft the only time i win a round in here and its not counted :mad:

:rotfl:

Not only did it not count, but you got this as a congratulations:

"Anyway, congratulations to fif for his/her two points and a warm welcome for playing here."
:lol:

#9 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

• 16,216 posts

Posted 10 March 2003 - 16:22

1 point for me..decent start.. :cool:

Thanx Schummy!!! :wave: