Photo

Guess the Podium: Malaysia results

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Schummy

Schummy

• 1,027 posts

Posted 23 March 2003 - 23:44

Come on, Alonso COULD NOT win this race, right? But in the first laps I began to wonder ... :eek:

This race meant the revolution of the children: two "kids", Kimi and Fernando, and a TeleTubby :up: Seeing the TV, it seems Flavio Briatore has substituted Naomi Campbell with Alonso (please, don't misunderstand that statement ;) )

Talking about love, I found amusing the spasmodic head movements of Jean Todt when Michael crossed the line in qualification (in 3rd position). The man is not used to this in the last (great) season for Ferrari. Not a great weekend for Schumacher the First at all, and subsequently, not a great weekend for we (almost) all the guesser: 44 out of 45 guessed MS in podium; that's a mighty 97.8% of error :lol: The only one who did well in this point was... MAX (our bot) :D Congratulations to FIDE for having such a clever bot at charge.

Better was the shot for Rubinho (not cruel pun intended) getting second place: he was the mayority choice for second (18) and had 29 (64%) podium mentions. Mayority choice for third was Kimi (13), who had 23 (51%) podium guesses, not bad, knowing the results. Very close to them in popular opinion was Juan Pablo (the driver, not the Pope, who is these days somewhat slower) with 22 (49%) mentions. One get a very clear pattern of people opinions about pre-Malaysia state of F1: first MS, then RB, KR and JPM and then the others (mainly DC and RS).

Well, passing to the important stuff, I must congratulate TT6 and kismet , who won this round with 4 points (of a maximum 6) :clap:. TT6 is a veteran here and (s)he knows already how to get high scores :up:. kismet is new in this room and he did "an Alonso" indeed! ;)

Many known names in the first positions, but I want to go to the other end for a moment ===> gerry nassar got only 1 point :eek: Well, it reminds me of Schumacher situation in the WC table: we all know he is going to collect lot of points in the future, but meanwhile we will get some fight in between ;) :up:

This year there are so many players here that I cannot greet at every rookie :| , but anyway, welcome to be here and I hope you get a good smile playing this little game.

Name		 Pts

================

TT6			4

kismet		 4

RicBol		 3

rich42		 3

garth_b		3

fisichella	 3

jangkrik	   3

LB			 3

Pioneer		3

DeathMasteR	3

AD			 3

jun			3

titrisol	   3

Ghostrider	 3

Viss1		  3

Jimino		 2

Estwald		2

SeanValen	  2

Makarias	   2

Shays		  2

Zawed		  2

dynamite7	  2

Bjorn		  2

SchutingStar   2

NastyMcBastard 2

QdfV		   2

sek			2

Schummy		2

MAX			1

KWSN-DSM	   1

dbltop		 1

gerrynassar	1

JForce		 1

WillieF1	   1

CaptnMark	  1

thegreatone	1

Sammyed		1

axterix		1

PAULF1		 1

BERNIE		 1

wioyet		 0

lukywill	   0

nichotj		0

HiTest		 0

boost		  0

================

I'm holding my decision about giving default points to missing rounds, because of the high level of unpredictability in this season's two first races. It can be a fluke (a welcome fluke) or it is a new pattern this year. I'll go on watching the data and I'll think about it next time. Anyway, as I said, it never will interfere with leading positions, but with more midrange positions.

Anyway... let's hope this "variance" in F1 continues, I find refreshing to think there are four teams that can win some day on merit (not, one of them is not Jaguar). Moreover is going to mean a little revolution for our game (but I'll never bet against gerry nassar, Estwald or SeanValen forl winning this game this year!)

Goodbye and be happy, at least until the next GP ;) (yes, Ron, you can be happy too!) :wave:

Advertisement

#2 gerry nassar

gerry nassar
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,912 posts

Posted 24 March 2003 - 00:02

Thanks Schummy! :up:

I have to apologise for my performance. To be honest I misjudged the podium and performance of some of the young guys - but I will be back stronger than ever.

#3 kismet

kismet

• 7,376 posts

Posted 24 March 2003 - 09:47

Bloody Michael, ruining my perfect result...

#4 TT6

TT6

• 3,571 posts

Posted 24 March 2003 - 10:45

Originally posted by Schummy

Well, passing to the important stuff, I must congratulate TT6 and kismet , who won this round with 4 points (of a maximum 6) :clap:. TT6 is a veteran here and (s)he knows already how to get high scores :up:. kismet is new in this room and he did "an Alonso" indeed! ;)

:wave:

Thank you! I guess this is my first win - and it probably feels as great as the first win of my fellow Finn, Kimi Räikkönen. Gongrats to Kismet. A great battle.

#5 Ric Bol

Ric Bol

• 1,115 posts

Posted 24 March 2003 - 13:55

Yesssssssss!!!!!! :clap:
Go Ric Go

#6 Ghostrider

Ghostrider

• 16,216 posts

Posted 25 March 2003 - 13:37

Thanx Schummy!! :wave:

I am reasonably happy so far. We have not come to my favourite tracks yet. :smoking:

#7 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 26 March 2003 - 00:39

Originally posted by gerry nassar
Thanks Schummy! :up:

I have to apologise for my performance. To be honest I misjudged the podium and performance of some of the young guys - but I will be back stronger than ever.

Yeah I beat Gerry!!!!! :smoking:
:up:

See u in Brazil Schummy.

Originally posted by Schummy
(but I'll never bet against gerry nassar, Estwald or SeanValen forl winning this game this year!)

Goodbye and be happy, at least until the next GP ;) (yes, Ron, you can be happy too!) :wave:

Weird that, I do think Estward and Gerry Nassar are the main competition for me, it's like we recongise a certain skill in predicting the results. But who knows, maybe last in the end. :smoking: