Photo

Voting Championship results for Austria

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Makarias

Makarias

• 12,618 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 21:40

Don't miss my introduction of the Cool-Down list at the end of this post!
(It's like the blacklist, but strawberry flavoured)

Results of the Austria voting

Pos Name				 3p  2p  1p  Tot Pts

1)  Michael Schumacher   15  11   4  71  [b]10[/b]

2)  Jenson Button		 1  13  14  43   [b]8[/b]

3)  Kimi Räikkönen		3  12   7  40   [b]6[/b]

4)  Juan Pablo Montoya	2   9  12  36   [b]5[/b]

5)  Mark Webber		   1   3   6  15   [b]4[/b]

6)  Fernando Alonso	   0   0  10  10   [b]3[/b]

7)  Nick Heidfeld		 1   1   4   9   [b]2[/b]

8)  Antonio Pizzonia	  0   0   5   5   [b]1[/b]

9)  Rubens Barrichello	0   0   4   4

10) Ralph Firman		  0   0   1   1

11) David Coulthard	   0   0   1   1
Places 10-11 decided by reversed race result.

* A clear win for Michael, and voting points nicely spread among many drivers.

The individual votes can be found at the voting thread:
http://www.atlasf1.c...&threadid=57035

Votes that didn't comply with the points system:
None.

Voting Championship standings:

1)  Kimi Räikkönen		 37 points 

2)  Fernando Alonso		32

=   Michael Schumacher	 32

4)  Mark Webber			21

5)  Juan Pablo Montoya	 17

6)  Rubens Barrichello	 15

=   David Coulthard		15

8)  Jenson Button		  13

9)  Giancarlo Fisichella   10

10) Ralph Firman			9

11) Ralf Schumacher		 8

12) Cristiano da Matta	  6

=   Justin Wilson		   6

14) Heinz-Harald Frentzen   5

=   Jarno Trulli			5

16) Nick Heidfeld		   2

17) Antonio Pizzonia		1

Results of Rate the Race

[B]Quality of racing: 6.03 average[/B]

Vote breakdown:

10  0 

9   0 

8   2 ##

7   9 #########

6  11 ###########

5   4 #### 

4   4 ####

3   0 

2   0 

1   0

0   0

[B]Satisfaction with results: 6.07 average[/B]

Vote breakdown:

10  1 #

9   1 #

8   5 #####

7   4 ####

6   6 ######

5   7 #######

4   4 ####

3   0 

2   1 #

1   0 

0   0
* Quite average ratings. As you can see below, 2003 so far has been rated quite highly against the races of 2002.

2003 ratings so far:

GP		  Quality   Satisfaction

Australia   7.89	  6.91 

Malaysia	6.83	  7.34

Brazil	  7.28	  5.82 (Kimi win), 6.50 (Fisi win)

San Marino  5.55	  6.06

Spain	   6.33	  7.00

Austria	 6.03	  6.07

2002 ratings:

Australia   6.54	  6.46 

Malaysia	5.87	  5.77 

Brazil	  6.57	  5.80 

San Marino  2.38	  5.68 

Spain	   4.10	  4.93 

Austria	 6.53	  1.90 

Monaco	  7.14	  7.26 

Canada	  6.54	  6.00 

Europe	  7.04	  6.87 

Britain	 8.74	  7.26 

France	  7.13	  6.70 

Germany	 6.12	  5.81 

Hungary	 3.42	  5.39 

Belgium	 5.41	  6.19 

Italy	   5.91	  5.86 

USA		 5.06	  4.73

Japan	   4.60	  6.93

Instead of putting people on the blacklist (not allowed to vote at all) for voting too often and much on one single driver, I'll try a different strategy:
THE COOL-DOWN LIST
-Voters listed here will still be allowed to vote, but I'll simply ignore their votes for the particular driver they got listed here for in their next two votes cast.
-These voters remain here until I've managed to register two correct votes that don't include that particular driver, ie it's not necessarily just for the next two races.

And now to the namedropping! To the cool-down list go:
*d_view7 for Räikkönen
*gerry nassar for Räikkönen
*Sammyed for Montoya

Advertisement

#2 Nikolas Garth

Nikolas Garth

• 12,019 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 21:53

Originally posted by Makarias
Instead of putting people on the blacklist (not allowed to vote at all) for voting too often and much on one single driver, I'll try a different strategy:
THE COOL-DOWN LIST
-Voters listed here will still be allowed to vote, but I'll simply ignore their votes for the particular driver they got listed here for in their next two votes cast.
-These voters remain here until I've managed to register two correct votes that don't include that particular driver, ie it's not necessarily just for the next two races.

And now to the namedropping! To the cool-down list go:

*gerry nassar for Räikkönen

:lol: :lol: Gerry, you're a bigger Kimi Fanboy than HSJ.;) :p

#3 kismet

kismet

• 7,376 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 08:43

So, basically even if KR and JPM drive like gods for the rest of the season, the people on your cool-down list are forced to either vote for someone who doesn't deserve it or not vote at all? Maybe I'm missing something here but that sounds a bit like an attempt to rig a poll.

Furthermore, voting for someone repeatedly doesn't automatically mean that the vote is incorrect, does it? So, how exactly do you determine that a vote is unjustified? I mean, looking at this round's results, some people are told to cool down because they voted for KR and JPM who, after all, got 3rd and 4th most votes. Based on the sheer popularity of the votes, one could argue that handing points to KR and JPM was a reasonable thing to do, so why are some people punished for doing it?

Sorry if I sound like a total bitch, but I would genuinely like to know what criteria you're using.

#4 Sammyed

Sammyed

• 2,376 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 15:18

Still waiting for your reply Mak...is not a good thing to invite (to vote) to participate in your game and then right on questioning the way some participants (including myself) makes those votes. No wonder why the "voting championship" has decreased, related with entries, in comparison with the last two years. You are just screwing your own game for not respecting people´s criteria, points of view, blah :lol:

-These voters remain here until I've managed to register two correct votes that don't include that particular driver.

:rotfl: :rotfl:...sorry but this voter will not remain here, thanks for the good times.

#5 Makarias

Makarias

• 12,618 posts

Posted 27 May 2003 - 21:44

Originally posted by kismet

So, basically even if KR and JPM drive like gods for the rest of the season, the people on your cool-down list are forced to either vote for someone who doesn't deserve it or not vote at all? Maybe I'm missing something here but that sounds a bit like an attempt to rig a poll.

Furthermore, voting for someone repeatedly doesn't automatically mean that the vote is incorrect, does it? So, how exactly do you determine that a vote is unjustified? I mean, looking at this round's results, some people are told to cool down because they voted for KR and JPM who, after all, got 3rd and 4th most votes. Based on the sheer popularity of the votes, one could argue that handing points to KR and JPM was a reasonable thing to do, so why are some people punished for doing it?

Sorry if I sound like a total bitch, but I would genuinely like to know what criteria you're using.

kismet, I basically look at each voter's voting record (from past races too) to see if they on a regular basis keep giving many vote points to any particular driver. So it's not just a case of the Austrian voting, for instance.

Of course it gets a bit more tricky when a driver has had a pretty successful streak, like most notably Kimi has had lately. But even then I think there's a point for voters in not getting too carried away by giving top votes for that particular driver all the time. I don't think a guy like gerry for instance is systematically trying to elevate Kimi here, but maybe he needs just a bit of a reminder that there are other drivers around too.

I can't say that I think it's easy to pass such judgement, definitely not, but I try my very best to do it in a level-headed way. For reference about my driver biases, I'm mainly a Kimi fan, so I hope this is not taken as a rigging attempt. As for Montoya, I think he's an OK dude who is very entertaining to watch driving, but I'm neither a die-hard fan or a hater of him. I'm not particularly anti-anyone, except that I can get a bit tired of Michael always winning, but c'est la vie...

I hope this was a somewhat satisfactory answer to your questions! I don't mind such questions at all!

#6 gerry nassar

gerry nassar
  • RC Forum Host

• 10,912 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 01:48

Originally posted by Nikolas Garth
:lol: :lol: Gerry, you're a bigger Kimi Fanboy than HSJ.;) :p

:rotfl:

And only a few weeks back I was making fun of your black list!!!! :p

Mak - I have to agree with kismet.

I am a Kimi fan - sure - Im also a JPM fan and also Alonso - but I only give them points If I feel they deserve it. I am tired of MS winning all the time - but when he deserves it - I give him the points he deserves.

It just happens that Kimi deserved the points I gave him in every race bar Spain!! And in Spain I didnt give him any!!

I think it would be unfait if i couldnt vote for Kimi in the next two rounds and he actually was the driver of the round.

#7 SeanValen

SeanValen

• 17,023 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 11:35

Originally posted by gerry nassar

:rotfl:
I am tired of MS winning all the time - but when he deserves it - I give him the points he deserves.

Be objective, treat MS as a new driver with experience, like you don't know him, be fair, or be destroyed. Getting tired of seeing someone winning is not objective, conform to the principles, or get SHOT!!!!(games section is only place where I have time to post for now, my haven.) later Gerry :smoking:

#8 kismet

kismet

• 7,376 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 14:24

Originally posted by Makarias

I hope this was a somewhat satisfactory answer to your questions! I don't mind such questions at all!

Well, it's no big deal really; your game, your rules. I just have a mild case of rondennisitis that occasionally makes me seek for clarification on relatively unimportant issues. But I'm feeling better already. :)

#9 Makarias

Makarias

• 12,618 posts

Posted 28 May 2003 - 23:29

Gerry, admittedly I hesitated a bit to put you on the list (especially considering that you turned up for Spain), but fact is that your points have gone more in the Kimi direction than pretty much any other voter's. With this new system you are at least allowed to vote for other excelling drivers, and if Kimi kicks serious ass in the next two races I'm certain that there will be quite plenty of other people around to vote for him.