• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 quintin cloud

quintin cloud

• 4,649 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 13:48

Hi Guys

I got this email, maybe someone can help answer this question:

I have an Ausper T4 that has Mike Wesson stated as a former owner on the FIA papers.
The car is registered as a formula junior and is competing in the FJ Lurani Trophy (Europe).
I am interested in establishing whether this was the car that competed in the South African Grand Prix series,
albeit with little success and an Alfa engine.

:confused: :confused: :smoking:

Advertisement

#2 LDS

LDS

• 50 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 20:53

Nothing like a quick response huh? But I am going through some old photos taken at the 1967 Bulawayo 100 race paddock. This is the ex Jim Clark Lotus Cortina that was being raced by Peter Parnell. I believe at one stage that this car was owned by Jannie van Aswegen, but I should imagine that it is now back in the UK. What intrigued me was that, if you look in the background you will spot a singleseater #12. On checking my records it seems to point towards this being an Ausper T4 driven by Mike Wesson.? No doubt somebody on TNF will be able to tell us if that conclusion is correct? I vaguely remember a story that this car was brought into Rhodesia by Gordon Littleford, but we would need to confirm that. Oddly enough, I bumped into Mike Wesson at Sam Tingle's memorial service in Somerset West a couple of years ago. His father Noel Wesson was a race photographer in Salisbury and they binned all their photos when they left.........aaaargh!
Posted Image
By skrommie at 2011-02-26

I wonder if the Formula Junior guys can tell me if this car is still being raced?

Hi Guys

I got this email, maybe someone can help answer this question:

:confused: :confused: :smoking:

#3 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 20:58

Mike Wesson did have an Ausper T4 in 1967, though I don't know what's happened to its front...

The car is back in the UK, racing in historic FJ events