Photo

Death of Dr. Frank Falkner

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Runner

Runner

• 312 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 01:34

I was very sad to read on the BRDC website about the death of Dr. Frank Falkner. No details were given except for the notice of the funeral in California and a memorial service in England.

A world renown pediatrician, Dr. Falkner was a Professor at the University of California, Berkley Medical School. He was also a life long member of the motor racing community. He was Cooper’s agent in the US and IIRC spent a year basically running the Brabham team during the 70’s.

We have lost another remarkable and memorable personality.

Advertisement

#2 Doug Nye

Doug Nye

• 11,534 posts

Posted 03 September 2003 - 17:43

Another good guy - very close to Ken Tyrrell for many years through that team's career - helped organise Cooper's appearance in the 1959 US GP at Sebring, introduced John Coper and Jack Brabham to Rodger Ward, and to Jim Kimberly, helped organise their Indy appearnce in 1961...was present at so many key moments...at one Tyrrell launch party rendered instant medial intervention to a friend who collapsed with a trapped nerve in the neck.... as I said, another good guy...

DCN

#3 Richard Neale

Richard Neale

• 301 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 07:40

:cry:

Very sad news ~ Unfortunately his UK memorial service is on 6th Sept in Chester and most of us will be at Gooders.
We'll be there in spirit though I guess.

A full obit can be found at

http://www.berkeley....3_falkner.shtml

#4 T54

T54

• 2,504 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 15:43

Thanks, I already had seen this, I was looking for more details. Sorry for the misspelling.

#5 Jerry Entin

Jerry Entin

• 5,920 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 20:55

Frank Falkner was a Cambridge-educated car enthusiast who came to the U.S. in 1956 with family, two dogs and a TR2. He was the driving force behind the Kentucky Derby SCCA races in Louisville. In 1959 he served as team manager of the Ferrari 250TR owned by E.D. Martin and raced by Martin and Lance Reventlow. From there on he continued to do bigger and even better things, and was well-liked by all.

all research: Willem Oosthoek

Edited by Jerry Entin, 31 July 2011 - 20:56.

#6 David M. Kane

David M. Kane

• 5,402 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:56

He was a big help in launching Danny Sullivan's racing career.n