Photo

Kojima Formula One info and opinions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kojima_KE007

Kojima_KE007

• 115 posts

Posted 01 December 2003 - 07:34

We have been restoring Kojima KE007 since 1997 and are looking for information and opinions on Kojima Engineering KE007, KE009 or particularly Kauhsen Kojima KE009B infomation or your opinions.

We have now collected almost everything that is related to Kojima Formula One cars in Japan. However, as we only begun researching into overseas (non-Japanese) materials and opinions since early this year we are not at all knowledgeable on how they were looked at outside Japan back then or even today. So we need your help.

It would be very helpful if you could post some scans, pictures, comments, reports (from what magazine and which issue) or even just your opinions on this thread. We are particularly short on infomation on Kauhsen Kojima KE009B test held at Hochenheim in 1978.

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

Advertisement

#2 Kojima_KE007

Kojima_KE007

• 115 posts

Posted 10 December 2003 - 11:09

Posted Image

I have attached a picture of the cockpit of Kojima KE007.

We think it is a "Leonard" steering wheel. Could someone kindly confirm this or identify the type of steering wheel?

Thanks in advance. :)

#3 CSGPR

CSGPR

• 221 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 17:55

Hi guys

Nice to hear that you are working on the Kojima F1 car :clap: . But I'm afraid we don't hold so manny information about the Kojima adventure, sadly that they never raced outside Japan.

Do you have any pictures og your car and will it be in 76 or 77 layout.

Regarding your question, The information regarding the link to Kausen was new to me. I will give it a try

Best regards

Christian

#4 Kojima_KE007

Kojima_KE007

• 115 posts

Posted 04 January 2004 - 19:25

Originally posted by CSGPR
Hi guys

Nice to hear that you are working on the Kojima F1 car :clap: . But I'm afraid we don't hold so manny information about the Kojima adventure, sadly that they never raced outside Japan.

Do you have any pictures og your car and will it be in 76 or 77 layout.

Regarding your question, The information regarding the link to Kausen was new to me. I will give it a try

Best regards

Christian

Hi,

We have a website (Kojima KE007 F1 Project) showing all the restoration work and infos we have so far about Kojima Engineering Formula One.

We will be running the KE007 (1976 car) and we can only run in that trim as the KE007 and KE009 are two completely different cars. Even the chassis number 01 and 02 of KE009 are different.

#5 Kojima_KE007

Kojima_KE007

• 115 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 12:49

Does anybody have any idea if the Kauhsen Kojima KE009B testing was reported in English magazines such as Autosport, Motor Sport, Motor Sport News etc. in late 1977 or sometime in 1978?

It seems that the testing, which took place at Hockenheim on 10th of May 1978 was reported in German and Italian magazines with some pictures but not in any English magazines as far as we know...

Could anybody help us out on this?

Thanks in advance. :)