Photo

I want to test the water with this baby

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 LB

LB

• 13,578 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 18:40

I've had an idea for yet another game...

Based on guess the result how about a complete allrounders game for those of us interested in all forms of motorsport

basically the idea is to take the big races of the year LeMans24, Monaco GP, Indy 500, Bathurst1000, Daytona 500, Spa 24hrs, Assen MotoGP, one of the superbikes races, Macau F3, Malboro Masters F3 and maybe a race from each of F3000, Champcars, WRC, ETCC and anything else I can come up with to get 16 rounds ( I'll sort out a calander before Daytona which will be first I think)

basically you predict the top 10 in each event and i'll figure out the best way to score it.

anyway any opinions?

Advertisement

#2 MortenF1

MortenF1

• 23,753 posts

Posted 06 January 2004 - 19:31

I generally love our RC's bets'n games, but that's a bit too much for me I'm afraid. I'm not updated on ALL forms of Motorsports....
But I hope you get plenty of participants!

#3 Makarias

Makarias

• 12,653 posts

Posted 07 January 2004 - 23:33

I don't follow too many series, but I'm all for it!

When making up a schedule, I guess you tuck in the biggies first and then try to "fill the gaps" with races from series that don't have one Super event such as the Indy 500 etc.

I guess it's an opportunity to get people interested in all kinds of series. Interesting.

#4 Prostfan

Prostfan

• 826 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 12:30

I'm afraid i can not even name ten drivers for some of these series, so it's going to be rather difficult.

#5 LB

LB

• 13,578 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 14:40

Originally posted by Prostfan
I'm afraid i can not even name ten drivers for some of these series, so it's going to be rather difficult.

hell neither can I.

I doubt anyone could name 10 in them all (especially superbikes) but they all have websites and entry lists.

#6 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 36,452 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 15:50

Go ahead I will play, despite having zero knowledge of the 2 wheelers. I have no idea who will run what in some of the series, but as you write we can research it and guess based on what we can find.

:cool:

#7 RX-7

RX-7

• 304 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 16:10

I am game! Especially since it will include cycles.

#8 Nasty McBastard

Nasty McBastard

• 5,977 posts

Posted 11 January 2004 - 20:31

yeah, ill be scratching to name 10 drivers in some of those, but hey....since when does knowing nothing stop me from doing something?

#9 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 36,452 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 09:57

I am not sure that you need 16 races in your game, The Spa 24 hour race is really not that special anymore, and having Le Mans on the list will take care of the Sports Cars. I still do not know enough about Moto racing, so I am leaving Assen Moto GP on.

Pau was added for what it used to be i.e. “The F2 race”. I personally find the idea to promote an unpromoteable series like F3000 forcing F3 away from Monaco, is yet another proof of how far removed from reality the decision makes sometime are. I find no need to have both Macau and the Marlboro Masters.

Daytona 500
Indianapolis 500
Le Mans
Monaco F3000
Macao GP
Pau F3
Brickyard 400
Monaco GP
Bathurst 1000
Safari Rally
Assen Moto GP
Long Beach Cart

ETCC does not have any race good enough to be included. And you should not add races from series “just” to have them represented.

My two cents, whichever way you do it. I will play.

#10 LB

LB

• 13,578 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 17:02

Er the Safari Rally isn't in the world champs any more - In Fact I don't think its being run.

Monaco GP Monaco F3000 are a day apart which creates problems.

I do want a F3000 race but I'll probably do one thats on a blank weekend I am patiently waiting for the Autosport calanders so that I can get a better idea.

the thing about doing Daytona its before the start of the F1 season so that will limit the number of competitors, I can't do the Brickyard as it clashes with the Marlboro Masters so what about the Daytona nightrace?

I'll do the Assen Superbikes too, seems a bit daft having two races on the one circuit but its generally regarded as the daddy of both series.

I beg to differ on Spa its just got a lot more special again as its now part of the FIA GT series

If I can find out when Pau is on it would be a great help. because if it fits I can do Pau and the Brickyard 400 instead of Zandvoort and the Pepsi 400

So very provisionally

CART ( or whatever its called) - Long Beach ( if it happens) Apr 18th
F1 - Monaco GP - May 23rd
IRL - Indy 500 - May 30th
Sportscars - LeMans Jun 12/13th
Moto GP - Assen - Jun 26th
NASCAR - Daytona 400 - Jul 3rd
FIA GT - Spa 24hrs Jul 31/Aug 1st
F3 - Marlboro Masters - Aug 8th
F3000 - Spa Aug 28th
SBK - Assen (2nd race) Sep 5th
WRC - GB Rally Sep 17-19th
ALMS - Petit le Mans ( Road Atlanta) Sep 25th
Aussie V8 - Bathurst 1000 - Oct 10th
Macau F3 - Nov 21st

thats 14 and not bad.

I'm tempted to do the Aussie Gp too so I can start this at the same time as all the others.

umm I need a name too

#11 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 36,452 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 19:31

I did not understand that the races could not be run on same weekends. The only F3000 race that truely mean something is the Monaco, but I will accept that Spa is more likely to give us the best winner.

Pau will be raced on weekend of June 6th.

I do not think that the Wales Rally is "worthy" of being included. However if you are shooting for a race in September it has to be that one. I would prefer the Tour de Corse instead, which is half a month later.

#12 Moanaman

Moanaman

• 6,035 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 21:33

Originally posted by LB
umm I need a name too

The Whoever Wins This Is A Bloody Trainspotter Competition
The WWTIABTS for short.

Im in :wave:

#13 LB

LB

• 13,578 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 22:05

Originally posted by KWSN - DSM
I did not understand that the races could not be run on same weekends. The only F3000 race that truely mean something is the Monaco, but I will accept that Spa is more likely to give us the best winner.

Pau will be raced on weekend of June 6th.

I do not think that the Wales Rally is "worthy" of being included. However if you are shooting for a race in September it has to be that one. I would prefer the Tour de Corse instead, which is half a month later.

Is not rules per se it just makes life easier a) on me b) on the board. You don't want a WWTIABTS Monaco GP thread + WWTIABTS Monaco F3000 thread on the board at the same time ( admittedly you could put both in the same thread but I can almost gaurentee that after 2 posts someone will get it wrong and it will all go down hill from there - 1 per weekend is much easier.

I'll do that change though so Pau is in and the Brickyard is in. Australia GP is in so i can introduce the comp at the same time as the others.

F1 - Australian GP - Mar 7th
F3 - Pau - Jun 6th
Sportscars - LeMans - Jun 12/13th
NASCAR - Brickyard 400 - Aug 8th
F3000 - Spa Aug 28th
SBK - Assen (2nd race) - Sep 5th
Macau F3 - Nov 21st

Rally GB is in cos it fits in the schedule - I'm British so biased ( cmon we have nothing here :D)

( admittedly so does Mexico, Argentina Cyprus Germany Italy and the ones after ...)

#14 skylark68

skylark68

• 2,427 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 03:22

One hell of a lot of "educated guesses" as I don't follow all the series but yes, put up a schedule and I'll start my research (at work of course).

Greg

#15 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 36,452 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 09:23

Originally posted by LB

Is not rules per se it just makes life easier a) on me b) on the board. You don't want a WWTIABTS Monaco GP thread + WWTIABTS Monaco F3000 thread on the board at the same time ( admittedly you could put both in the same thread but I can almost gaurentee that after 2 posts someone will get it wrong and it will all go down hill from there - 1 per weekend is much easier.

I'll do that change though so Pau is in and the Brickyard is in. Australia GP is in so i can introduce the comp at the same time as the others.

F1 - Australian GP - Mar 7th
F3 - Pau - Jun 6th
Sportscars - LeMans - Jun 12/13th
NASCAR - Brickyard 400 - Aug 8th
F3000 - Spa Aug 28th
SBK - Assen (2nd race) - Sep 5th
Macau F3 - Nov 21st

Rally GB is in cos it fits in the schedule - I'm British so biased ( cmon we have nothing here :D)

( admittedly so does Mexico, Argentina Cyprus Germany Italy and the ones after ...)

Thanks your efforts, and yes I will go with anything the games deem as the counting races.

#16 Schuting Star

Schuting Star

• 5,139 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 10:27

Originally posted by skylark68
One hell of a lot of "educated guesses" as I don't follow all the series but yes, put up a schedule and I'll start my research (at work of course).

:lol: yeah same here, although less of the 'educated' with my guesses.

#17 Nomad

Nomad

• 1,464 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 19:21

How about only guessing the top three?
And what about a DTM race? (I want to pick Alesi :) )

#18 Crazy Canuck

Crazy Canuck

• 2,817 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 00:29

Originally posted by Nomad

Both Excellent ideas :up: :up: :up:
I was thinking top 5 but top 3 would also be good. DTM is also sweeeeet!

Originally posted by LB
umm I need a name too

What about "Grand Master Championship"

CC

#19 weasle

weasle

• 546 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 00:38

how about the baja 500/1000?

Advertisement

#20 LB

LB

• 13,578 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 10:29

I'd still prefer top 8 with teh points similar to the rally game or guess the result..

but top 6 with a 3-2-1 scoring would be ok 3 for spot on 2 for one away 1 for anywhere in the top 6

#21 KWSN - DSM

KWSN - DSM

• 36,452 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 11:08

Originally posted by LB
I'd still prefer top 8 with teh points similar to the rally game or guess the result..

but top 6 with a 3-2-1 scoring would be ok 3 for spot on 2 for one away 1 for anywhere in the top 6

Your game, you decide.

I will follow meekly no matter what you chose.

#22 Ross Stonefeld

Ross Stonefeld

• 70,106 posts

Posted 29 January 2004 - 22:00

You could break it down even further to like..."Sub-F1" of the 10 F3000 races + F3 at Pau (2 races), Magny Cours GP (2), Zandvoort(1), Macau(2 heats, one winner), Korea (same) for 17 events.

Shame no team is running both the ALMS + LMES + Le Mans, there's no schedule conflicts.

#23 LB

LB

• 13,578 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 16:35

Originally posted by Nomad

best fit DTM race is Estoril on may 2nd - so thats now in.

The picks will be top 6 on a 10-6-4-3-2-1 basis :D ( ah the memories)