Photo

Game concept up for grabs

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Makarias

Makarias

• 12,653 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 23:23

Here's a game idea that I picked up from Finnish MTV3, but I'm not 100% sure about the details to the game there, so maybe some Finn could elaborate more on it if necessary. Since I'm busy enough with other games already, I was thinking that maybe someone else would be interested in running it. If nobody is, I will NOT do it myself.

The game concept is as follows: For each GP, the host of the game picks a bunch (maybe 10-13, should be a fixed amount for every race) of interesting driver (or maybe even team?) "duels" in either qualifying or in the race. The participants of the game should then guess the outcome for each duel. The participants will score one point for each correct guess.

In the MTV3 game (inspired by football betting) you can apparently also for each duel pick a "draw" option, which makes sense at least for races, where both drivers may retire. For qualifyings a draw perhaps could be defined as the two drivers qualifying in consecutive positions, ie 4th and 5th grid positions make a draw.

So as an example:

Qualifying duels:			Mak's guess   Duel result	Mak scores

Montoya	 - R Schumacher		1		 2nd - 4th = 1   1

Räikkönen   - Alonso			  1		 5th - 6th = X   0

Button	  - Webber			  2		 11th- 9th = 2   1

Barrichello - M Schumacher		2		 7th - 1st = 2   1

Ferrari	 - Williams			1		 7+1 - 2+4 = 2   0			  

Race duels:

Bruni	   - Baumgartner		 X		 RET - RET = X   1

Fisichella  - Massa			   1		 RET - 7th = 2   0		 

etc. etc.

(1= "home win", ie first mentioned driver or team wins the duel, 

X= draw, 

2= "away win")
Something like that... Shout if you're interested in hosting a game like this. This game might require a little bit of preparation for each race, to choose duels that are interesting ie hard to guess. One good thing about it is also that you can involve the backmarkers in this game just as well as the frontrunners!

Advertisement

#2 The Kanisteri

The Kanisteri

• 11,192 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 05:34

brilliant idea----except this is free! :up: :D

#3 TT6

TT6

• 3,571 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 09:47

Originally posted by The Kanisteri
brilliant idea----except this is free! :up: :D

And furthermore, the game actually might not require a little bit of preparation for each race, to choose duels that are interesting ie hard to guess. You just go to R-kioski (or to Veikkaus ) and pick up a formula1vakio betting coupon on which there's 13 intresting duels for each GP for about a week in advance... :wave:

#4 kismet

kismet

• 7,376 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 18:36

I can host the game if no one else absolutely insists. So, how about it?

#5 Moanaman

Moanaman

• 6,035 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 20:02

Well count me in. This looks like a bit of fun!

#6 Makarias

Makarias

• 12,653 posts

Posted 14 January 2004 - 23:01

It's all yours, kismet! Unless someone else absolutely insists...! :)

#7 shays

shays

• 1,269 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 03:46

i just want to volunteered myself to host it..but since kismet first insist it....well, its your baby now kismet.... :love: