Photo

Petition for Montlhery in Paris

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 tyrrellp34

tyrrellp34

• 430 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 10:35

Help us to save one of the most fantastic French Racing Circuits. The city of Linas where Montlhery is located is now organising a petition for keeping alive that historic Track.

You can write to this address: mairie.linas@laposte.net that you will support this petition. I have wrote >>Je soutiens l’initiative de la ville de Linas pour la sauvegarde de l’autodrome de Linas-Montlhéry.:wave:

Advertisement

#2 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Administrator

• 41,857 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 11:32

Done. :up:

#3 GIGLEUX

GIGLEUX

• 1,519 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 11:44

Done it, of course!

#4 tyrrellp34

tyrrellp34

• 430 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 13:41

Thank you very much!

#5 TristanDaCunha

TristanDaCunha

• 35 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 14:23

I tried but the mailbox was full I think. I'll try again in a day or two.

#6 Marcel Visbeen

Marcel Visbeen

• 237 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 15:05

Originally posted by TristanDaCunha
I tried but the mailbox was full I think. I'll try again in a day or two.

Glad to hear you had the same problem. I think the mailbox is full indeed. I got my mail returned.

#7 tyrrellp34

tyrrellp34

• 430 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 15:25

Let's try it tomorrow again, when the Mayor has checked his Mailbox  ;)

#8 alessandro silva

alessandro silva

• 758 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 16:58

My message to the Mairie bounced owing to a full mailbox.
A good omen?

#9 starlet

starlet

• 327 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 17:58

I have already signed a petition to save the Linas-Montlhéry motor-racing track in July 2003, in another adress, that perhaps can help you :

http://www.motorlege...lhery/index.php

The petition was launched by a motorsport enthusiast called François O' Born, and as you will see, there were numerous supports, in which greats names.

Moreover, you can visit another adress, that is just in construction for the moment :

Foundation O'born : www.foundationoborn.org

I hope that I have helped you in order to save all together this mythical track !

#10 philippe7

philippe7

• 2,847 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 20:18

Last october, I drove for the first time ever one half of the Montlhéry banking.....well, I was in fact riding in the trailer towed by the recovery van in which I had come to collect my friend Bertrand's broken down Kawasaki 400 2-stroke triple at the Northern Chicane....and , knowing this was MAYBE the last ever meeting at Montlhery , I savoured each second of it , saying to myself " I am on the Montlhéry banking, I am on the Montlhéry banking...." , thinking of all the brave and famous who had put their wheels on this piece of concrete....

I thought then I was maybe one of the last human beings to have a ride around , but I do wish I am wrong and the circuit is saved !!!

#11 Holger Merten

Holger Merten

• 1,836 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 11:22

Done. One of the old race tracks has to survive.

Couldn't understand, why the city couldn't make a profit center out of it. Like the March did in Goodwood or the responsable persons do with the Nordschleife at the Nürburgring.

It needs not so much fantasie, if you will save the banking and make the situation ready for oldtimer races.
:rolleyes: