The whereabouts of former F1 team boss Willy Kausen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CSGPR

CSGPR

• 221 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 12:59

Dear all

I’m looking for the whereabouts of former Racing driver and F1 team owner Willy Kausen. Is there someone who knows what he is doing today and where he lives?

Best Regards

CSGPR

Advertisement

#2 Ralliart

Ralliart

• 669 posts

Posted 15 February 2004 - 18:02

Subject - with his Porsche - of cover story for Motor Sport a few months back. Road test and there was also a short article with he and his restored F1 car. Willi Kausen campaigned a Porsche in a couple or three Can Ams in, I think, '72, and I was there at Riverside. I don't have access to those articles nor the program for Riverside but I'd be interested to know just which Porsche Kausen raced at Riverside (and Laguna Seca and maybe another). A fine driver and versatile as well.

#3 Arjan de Roos

Arjan de Roos

• 2,583 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 11:05

I heard somewhere that he is in transport business around the city of Aachen, Germany (quite close to the Dutch and Belgian borders. Could be wrong though.

#4 Pedro 917

Pedro 917

• 1,767 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 11:28

Hello Christian,

As an Army Officer, my brother was based in Germany (close to Aachen) for many years and I know he told me that there was a bar in Aachen where Willi had his Sunday drink so Arjan could be right.
I met Willi Kauhsen in Goodwood last year and he's a very nice guy. I took some nice pics of him sitting in his 917. If you're interested, send me a mail and I'll forward them.

Luc Ghys

#5 Peter Morley

Peter Morley

• 2,263 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 16:22

MecAuto near Liege (e.g. Spa) are working on some of his cars for Kauhsen, you might be able to contact him through them.

#6 CSGPR

CSGPR

• 221 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 19:28

Thank You guys :clap:

I will follow the leads and see where they bring me. And yes Luc I would like to se the pictures you took very much, you know my e mail add. I have found and ordred a special picture of Pe Ro

Best Regards

Christian