Photo

Montreal questions

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 dick

dick

• 724 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 21:37

I wonder if someone local could help me out? Is Cirque du Soleil in town during the GP this year? I don't see any Montreal dates on their schedule, but I know that is their home base and have attended their shows during previous GPs. Also, a couple years ago we attended the Circus School show, which I understand is the training school for Cirque du Soleil. Are they performing that weekend? Also, is there a place to rent bicycles? Phew! lots of questions. My girlfriend is getting tired of just race stuff all weekend so I'm trying to plan diversions so she continues to come with me.

Advertisement

#2 Berner

Berner

• 1,190 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 22:45

If you walk along rue de la Commune ( the street that abuts the harbour) in Old Montreal, you can rent bikes, in-line skates, winter skates and skate boards too. As for the Cirque, if it ain't on their site, it ain't happening. They will be in Calgary however.;)

#3 dick

dick

• 724 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 01:03

Thanks Berner. I guess I'll have to pass on Calgary. Little far to travel for an evening. LOL

#4 exinaboy

exinaboy

• 8 posts

Posted 08 January 2005 - 15:45

Just to update you all on this one, le Cirque du Soleil are going to perform their latest act named Cirque 2005 at Montreal from April 21st to June 19th. Tickets are currently on sale and the availability around the GP dates are still good. More info at

http://www.cirquedus...eil/default.htm

Regards,
Stephane

#5 alesifan46

alesifan46

• 899 posts

Posted 24 January 2005 - 16:04

Does someone on here have some "reliable" links or inside info on securing a hotel room for the weekend of the GP??...I've just got an email from a place I have stayed at before downtown...and the rates are $500 a night plus all the taxes..Hmmmmmm :stoned: ..anyways...I don't mind paying a premium...but just wondering if there's something for around $300-$350??... :smoking: ...on bright side...I imagine for the $500 a night..it probably includes a hooker!! LMAO... :clap:

#6 murph27

murph27

• 71 posts

Posted 29 January 2005 - 15:52

alesifan46

Don't know if this interests you, but in the past McGill University rented out rooms (dorm rooms) for around $50 a night. From what I understand, there is a metro station very close by. 2 years ago I had a reservation there but because of a death in the family I had to cancel. I know the next time I plan on going to the Canadian GP, I will look into staying there.

murph

#7 Berner

Berner

• 1,190 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 23:04

What does everyone think of the "new, improved" seating arrangements along the front straight, opposite pit lane? The website says they will offer deluxe seats, waiters, and a patio area! Sounds a lot better than simply frying in the sun as cars zoom by at 250kph!

#8 Lemans

Lemans

• 2,739 posts

Posted 16 March 2005 - 22:34

hi My wife and I are planning a trip to the Montreal F-1. We have some questions.

What is the exchange rate for the the US dollar? For example, some tickets cost $360 CN. Is that somewhat lower in US $s?

Where are best places to see cars and/ or drivers on the track?

Where can one stay outside of Montreal?

What some toursit things for my wife who is not a race fan but is willing to go to if there is enough things to go outside the track?

thanks guys

#9 Sith

Sith

• 1,308 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 09:17

I will be at this race too. I'm wanting to buy tickets in the grandstand opp the pits. Does this also get you access to the G.A area on Friday and sat???

#10 pkrashman

pkrashman

• 68 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 02:19

Sith:
With a Grandstand 1,2,3 ticket you have access to the whole track, but you are not going to see much at the G.A. area. Security checks tickets now more than in the past so if you do NOT have a GS 1,2,3 ticket, you probably will not get into that area.

Lemans:
$1 US= $1.22 CDN
You can see the drivers and cars plenty from GS 1,2,3 as you can see the pits, starting grid, driver parade and podium (GS 1).
Downtown hotels are convenient but expensive. Lots of hotels outside in the suburbs but then you have to drive to the action.
There is lots to do in downtown Montreal with race weekend activities. Plenty of shops in Old Montreal.

#11 Lemans

Lemans

• 2,739 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 18:28

thanks.
this is some great information. the things to do in Montreal really excites my wife. The Grand stand info is somthing I didnt know.