Guess the Grid in Malaysia (Official)
Posted 11 March 2004 - 14:36
Welcome everybody to another year of GTG!! Last year was the closest GTG championship ever with Kismet taking top honours and reigning supreme as GTG WC. Can he be the first GTG Champ to win back to back championships - or will we crown a new champion for the 6th year in a row?? If you want to be part of this elite group (which includes past greats of the likes of Merlin (1999), CrushedDreams (2000), Pit Babe (2001) and Mikael (2002) - join in and play GTG in 2004!
Most of you know the rules - but i'll repeat them here again...
GUESS THE GRID 2004 CHAMPIONSHIP
INSTRUCTIONS - IMPORTANT - READ FIRST!!!
ROUND 2 - GUESS THE GRID IN MALAYSIA
Here are the Rules and Scoring system for Round 2:
1. List your guess of the top 10 qualifiers (on Saturday) at Sepang.
2. Please follow the below instructions for the way in which to post your guesses.
How to place your guesses:
When posting your guesses please post them in the following manner - put your user name and then your selections as follows (these are examples only)
gerry nassar mont/msch/coul/raik/butt/rsch/trul/webb/baum/fisi
Please do it in this way so that Garth_b can calculate the scores quicker. Make sure that you use only the first FOUR LETTERS in the drivers SURNAME . For the Schumacher brothers - you can type them as MSCH and RSCH .
3. Post your guesses anytime before Full Field Friday First Practice(FFFP) . You can change your guesses as many time as you like as long as its done before Friday First practice. Any posts or changes made after FRIDAY first practice will be INVALID! Please get them in by Full Field Friday First Practice (FFFP) at the latest as it makes it easier for Garth to calculate the scores. Late entries made on the friday will have to receive approval from Garth and myself to be allowed in the game. So you will have to plead with us for mercy - we may even accept bribes.;) Entries received after PRE QUALIFYING ON FRIDAY will not be accepted.
4. Scores will be calculated as follows:
* + 3 points for being spot on . (ie. Selecting Coulthard in 4th and he actually qualifies 4th)
* + 2 points for being one position away from where the driver actually qualifies (ie. Selecting Raikonnen in 3rd and he qualifies either 2nd or 4th)
* + 1 point for having a driver you selected qualifying anywhere in the top 10 (not spot on or one away) ie. Selecting Michael Schumacher 5th but he qualifies 9th
* + 5 points if you manage to correctly pick all positions in the top 10. (Note – no one has done this in the last 3 years)
AND JUST TO CLARIFY some confusion - for example if you pick Button 10th and he qualifies 11th you get 2 points, ie 1 position away. The fact that he is out of the top 10 makes you lose no points because you picked him one away at 10th.
5. The grid the result will be calculated on is that which is announced by the FIA immediately after saturday qualifying. Therefore any subsequent penalties will not be taken into account.
6. If a driver you selected is replaced during qualifying – his replacement will be substituted in his place in your guesses unless you change it before Full Field Friday First Practice.
7. Results will be calculated soon after Qualifying is completed. Look out for a results thread to be posted by garth_b. This thread will feature the round’s results, a championship table, commentary and links to beautifully designed league tables by garth_b. The results thread can then be used as a results discussion thread by you all.
If you have any questions - PM me and I'll respond as soon as I can.
PLEASE NOTE: If a driver you choose unable to qualify and race for whatever reason - you can ammend your selections as long as it is before Friday First Practice. If you dont get a chance to ammend your guesses - then we will calculate your score based on whowever replaces him
THE MORE PLAYERS WE HAVE - THE BETTER! SO FEEL FREE TO JOIN IN ANYTIME THROUGHOUT THE YEAR - THOUGH TO MAXIMISE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP - START FROM MELBOURNE!!
Here are my (early) Guesses:
gerry nassar msch/mont/barr/rsch/raik/alon/butt/trul/coul/sato
Posted 11 March 2004 - 14:54
Posted 11 March 2004 - 15:37
Posted 11 March 2004 - 15:51
Posted 12 March 2004 - 09:25
Posted 12 March 2004 - 18:10
Posted 12 March 2004 - 22:23
(removed the Us from mschu and rschu)
Posted 13 March 2004 - 14:44
Posted 14 March 2004 - 06:14
Posted 14 March 2004 - 22:50
Posted 15 March 2004 - 12:16
Posted 15 March 2004 - 14:22
Posted 15 March 2004 - 18:29
Posted 16 March 2004 - 01:19
Posted 16 March 2004 - 01:27
Posted 16 March 2004 - 04:58
Posted 16 March 2004 - 11:39
Posted 16 March 2004 - 11:55