Photo

Vintage Spec. European race car series

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Racers Edge

Racers Edge

• 122 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 14:50

A new "Concept" 1960's Vintage Spec. front engined sports race car is being developed for a EU (European Union) 15 country race series, I know somewhere on this form there was a thread of International "colours' for the various countries competing, but can't seem to find it? I think I even started it....back in 1999?

As the cars will each be painted (2 per country) in the International Racing colours, no advertising, etc. The drivers will be born in each of the countries, and will have to be 40+ years of age. with International racing experience. I'm trying to see if all the countries can also "Host" one race each, 15 races, 15 countries, sort of a "Olimpics" for 30 vintage spec. racers.

Question: , of the 15 countries, do all of them have any sort of vintage race meeting....I know the major ones, but: Denmark Finland Greece Ireland Luxembourg Sweden.....I'm not even sure if all these countries have a race track still in use? :confused:

Austria

Belgium

Denmark

Finland

France

Germany

Greece

Ireland

Italy

Luxembourg

The Netherlands

Portugal

Spain

Sweden

United Kingdom

Advertisement

#2 Racers Edge

Racers Edge

• 122 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 22:48

Finally found the thread..on International colours.... :up:

http://forums.atlasf...&threadid=10224

Track info:?

http://www.racingcircuits.net/

http://www.etrackson....uk/default.htm

#3 antonvrs

antonvrs

• 500 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 01:43

Didn't someone(Wheatcroft?) lay down a batch of "50's spec front engined race cars" a few years ago for a similar purpose?
I seem to remember reading about in one of the British mags.
Anton

#4 Rob29

Rob29

• 3,582 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 07:47

Originally posted by antonvrs
Didn't someone(Wheatcroft?) lay down a batch of "50's spec front engined race cars" a few years ago for a similar purpose?
I seem to remember reading about in one of the British mags.
Anton

yes,I went to at least one of these at Donington Park. Cars looked a bit like 250F Maserati and were all red. Only lasted one season.
Don't forget 10 more countries join the EU on May 1. Just about every country in europe has a race circuit of some sort or other. But this series needs to be at historic places.
UK:Goodwood
Ireland: Pheonix Park
France:Pau and /or Anguoleme
MONACO May 15
Belgium;Spa
Holland;Zandvoot
Denmark: Copenhagen park
Sweden:
Finland:Helsinki?
Germany:Norisring
Austria:Vienna project?
Italy: Cagliari
Spain: Alcanitz
Portugal: Vila de Conde?
Switzerland: Bremgarten (subject to new law)
Russia;St.Peterburg

#5 jph

jph

• 370 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 08:41

Please! No more one-make series, and certainly not to be included at 'vintage race meetings'. And as for the Wheatcroft things looking like 250Fs, no way! Short wheelbase, thumping great rollcage, US dirt track car perhaps, but by no stretch of the imagination did they look like a 250F or any other 50s GP car.

#6 Racers Edge

Racers Edge

• 122 posts

Posted 23 March 2004 - 09:53

Hello jph...I think once you see this car, and see what it's powered by, you will change your opinion, don't worry no Americian style roll bars looking like an old bridge. The roll bar will be placed in the head fairing. Still safe, but out of view.

http://www.teammiata...race_colors.htm this is from: The Color in Racing (ROAD AND TRACK- 1960) National Racing Colors

Don't forget 10 more countries join the EU on May 1. Just about every country in europe has a race circuit of some sort or other. But this series needs to be at historic places.

Thats a good point, Rob29, but we want to limit the series to 30 cars, perhaps the first 15, but thats not really fair....maybe we will modify the idea to one car per country? But then 25 cars 25 races that too many races...Will have to think about that issue. ):