Photo

Has anyone seen any special programs marking the 10th anniversary of the San Marino

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 asenna

asenna

• 9 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 12:54

I know Speed TV is showing the race later this week on F1 Decade, but was wondering if any others are planned. 10 years ago in May surely goes down as one of the worst in racing history. So much has changed in racing since Senna's death. A documentary or something should be done.

Advertisement

#2 Lec CRP1

Lec CRP1

• 188 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 13:08

I'm pretty sure there will be. For my generation it's similar to those in 1968 who heard about Jim Clark. Except we saw it on live TV on a Sunday afternoon. That weekend was awful, and makes me wonder how fans dealt with at least one death per year in the 1960s/1970s.

#3 asenna

asenna

• 9 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 17:04

I am relatively new to f1, about 4 years now, so unfortunately I am learning of his skill and untimely death all in one bite.

#4 Buford

Buford

• 11,174 posts

Posted 29 March 2004 - 19:28

Originally posted by Lec CRP1
I'm pretty sure there will be. For my generation it's similar to those in 1968 who heard about Jim Clark. Except we saw it on live TV on a Sunday afternoon. That weekend was awful, and makes me wonder how fans dealt with at least one death per year in the 1960s/1970s.

We dealt with it by being happy it was not two deaths per week.