Ok, so 'refresh' seems to work.
In other words, using the Dropbox method the instructions now are:
1 First of all install Dropbox and follow all instructions inlcuding creating a Public folder; this is essential.
2. Find the picture file, select and right click.
3. Select 'Send to' and 'Dropbox'
4. Open your Dropbox folder by double clicking on the icon which should be in the toolbar bottom right.
5. Drag and drop the picture file to the 'Public folder'
6. Open the Public folder and right click on the picture file.
7. Select 'Copy public link'.
8. In the TNF 'Reply to this topic' window click on the little icon in the Toolbar above which looks like a computer screen.
9. Paste the url which is sitting unseen in your clipboard into the little red box.
10. The picture should now appear in your reply window.
11. Finish your text and click Post; probably the picture will not appear
12 Then click your browser's refresh button (rotating arrow(s) in the tool bar and the picture should appear as well as your text.
13. Do this too after editing a post if the picture has vanished.
Sounds lengthy but this is a very simple method for posting pictures. Dropbox has multiple other uses so is well worth the small trouble to download free and install.
Good luck and please post any queries or problems here.
Edited by tsrwright, 06 January 2014 - 10:42.