Photo

Susanna Raganelli, faster than Ronnie Peterson...

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 FredrikB

FredrikB

• 1,173 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 07:41

What happened to the Italian girl that beat Ronnie Peterson to the World karting champs in -66 (in a kart built by Ronnies father)?

Posted Image
Posted Image
All pictures from http://medlem.spray....ede/fk_1967.htm

/Fredrik

Advertisement

#2 Nanni Dietrich

Nanni Dietrich

• 1,433 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 08:27

I remember she married Giancarlo Naddeo, and follow the career of his husband in F.3 and F. 2 the 70s, as manager. If I remember well they were Alfa Romeo and Renault dealers in Rome, and managed a Team in Renault Euro-Cup until the 90s.

#3 FredrikB

FredrikB

• 1,173 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 12:34

Originally posted by Nanni Dietrich
I remember she married Giancarlo Naddeo, and follow the career of his husband in F.3 and F. 2 the 70s, as manager. If I remember well they were Alfa Romeo and Renault dealers in Rome, and managed a Team in Renault Euro-Cup until the 90s.

So her own racing career stoped at karting?

/Fredrik

#4 Nanni Dietrich

Nanni Dietrich

• 1,433 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 16:31

I think so.

Perhaps some occasional races, as a celebrity or a famous name (I think Renault Clio Euro-Cup, or something similar), but after the marriage with Giancarlo Naddeo, no professional races. I'm sure.

#5 Mallory Dan

Mallory Dan

• 3,120 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 12:15

Presumably this was why Naddeo was one of the few privateers to use a Renault F2 engine in the 70s, in a Martini MK 22 IIRC.

#6 neville mackay

neville mackay

• 127 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 21:03

According to John Tipler's biography of Ronnie, the on track rivalry with Susy blossomed into a two year relationship - which tends to prove the adage that if you can't beat them, join them!

#7 FredrikB

FredrikB

• 1,173 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 06:53

Originally posted by Mallory Dan
Presumably this was why Naddeo was one of the few privateers to use a Renault F2 engine in the 70s, in a Martini MK 22 IIRC.

I presume she payed for them (or her family)?
I read somewhere that her family was (is) quite wealthy and thats also a reason she had so good engines during her carting career.

And, Neville, i think we can see in the pictures that i posted that there where not much rivalry between them...on the contrary, they look quite happy together, hehe :blush:

/Fredrik

#8 Nanni Dietrich

Nanni Dietrich

• 1,433 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 07:42

Originally posted by FredrikB

i think we can see in the pictures that i posted that there where not much rivalry between them...on the contrary, they look quite happy together, hehe :blush:

/Fredrik

... and one day she met the charm of italian "latin-lover" Giancarlo Naddeo... and forgot at once the fair Swedish... :rotfl:

#9 FredrikB

FredrikB

• 1,173 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 07:58

Originally posted by Nanni Dietrich

... and one day she met the charm of italian "latin-lover" Giancarlo Naddeo... and forgot at once the fair Swedish... :rotfl:

The Swedish version is offcourse that Ronnie met Barbro and dumped Suzy :p

/Fredrik

#10 Nanni Dietrich

Nanni Dietrich

• 1,433 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 08:05

:up:

:lol:

mmmm... in the second picture you posted, there is Susy that looks like Barbro... ;)
(and the third man on left... doesn't he seem Marco van Basten??? :smoking: )

#11 Stefan Schmidt

Stefan Schmidt

• 732 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 10:14

Do you have more pics from Ronnie, when he was young?

#12 FredrikB

FredrikB

• 1,173 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 15:15

Try the link in the first post.
There you have buttons to other pages with Ronnies career.
(i accidentally linked to the wrong page on that site, the pictures i posted is not on the page i linked to. They are on the 1966 page)

/Fredrik

#13 Vicuna

Vicuna

• 1,607 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 22:01

It seems Naddeo was Italian F3 champion in 1971.

So then what happened?

#14 David Beard

David Beard

• 4,997 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 16:46

Originally posted by FredrikB
What happened to the Italian girl that beat Ronnie Peterson to the World karting champs in -66 (in a kart built by Ronnies father)?

Fredrik

It says here it was a Tecno.........
(from Karting magazine's report)

Posted Image

#15 Cirrus

Cirrus

• 1,753 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 19:38

Oh dear! I'm about to be very boring....

Suzy Raganelli won the World Karting Championship driving a Tecno Parilla. The picture in the first post shows her sitting in a kart that looks very much like a Robardie (which was, I think, built by Ronnie Peterson's father). The Robardie had an unusual "A-Frame" design with a horizontal rocker in the steering, joining the steering column to the trackrods. This gave the characteristic shallow angle to the steering column seen in the picture. The kart in which she is sitting also has the distinctive "A-Frame" shape, with no waisting between the front wheels and the seat area.

Several British manufacturers copied the design of the Robardie, and the concept enjoyed some success for a couple of years. By 1970 though, the German Taifun was beginning to take over. Based around the classic Tecno design, but with an additional crosstube just behind the seat and an overall increase in length, it handled the increasingly sticky tyres much better then the Robardie-inspired designs.

The Tecno layout survives to this day (albeit with additional tubes and axle bearings). Not bad for a design that is nearly 45 years old..