Photo

'Fórmula Uno Nacional' - the amazing Argentine Formula One

• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

#1 Repco von Brabham

Repco von Brabham

• 694 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 21:47

..engines from 380 HP and even 400 HP., speed 312 Km/h, fastest laps in order 240 Km/h.. fuel injection.
Tyres like the Formula One International.
La Mecánica Nacional Fórmula Uno, The F-1 Argentina.

Here, you can see and enjoy the pictures of the cars Bravi, Ferrea, (Tornado 3.8 engine) and the cars Pian, Requejo and Trueno ( this was a Horace Steven design) with the marvelous Chevrolet 4.2 litres engine (close to 385 HP).

1974. Jorge Sedano. BRAVI-TORNADO
Posted Image

1974. Federico Urruti. FERREA-TORNADO
Posted Image

1974. Daniel Favre. PIAN CHEVROLET
Posted Image

1974. Ramón Requejo. REQUEJO-CHEVROLET
Posted Image

1974. Jorge Rouxi. TRUENO-CHEVROLET
Posted Image

Advertisement

#2 Repco von Brabham

Repco von Brabham

• 694 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 21:54

This pictures look the Berta cars F-1 Argentina, all cars was equipped with Tornado OHC engines 376 HP.., 392 HP in the injection version.

1974. Di Palma. #2 BERTA-TORNADO. Buenos Aires.
Posted Image

1974. Di Palma. #2 BERTA-TORNADO. Buenos Aires.
Posted Image

1974. Di Palma. #2 BERTA-TORNADO. Salta.
Posted Image

1974. Rubén Bulla. #10 BERTA-TORNADO. Buenos Aires.
Posted Image

1974. Osvaldo Bessia. #40 BERTA-TORNADO. Salta.
Posted Image

1974. Jorge Bianchi. #3 BERTA-TORNADO.
Posted Image

1974. Pablo Brea. BERTA-TORNADO inyección (Ex 1973 GªVeiga “Admiral”).
Posted Image

1974. Jorge Ternengo. #6 BERTA-TORNADO.
Posted Image

1974. Carlos Ternengo. #20 BERTA-TORNADO. RAFAELA 500.
Posted Image

1974. Víctor Hugo Pla. #8 BERTA-TORNADO. RAFAELA 500, 1º
Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Twin Window

Twin Window
  • Nostalgia Host

• 6,611 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 21:57

Hi Enrique :wave:

These guys were a bit late in using safety belts, weren't they...?! :eek:

Twinny :up:

#4 Repco von Brabham

Repco von Brabham

• 694 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 22:06

The MEIFA cars, design by the smart Pedro Campo for charge of Chevrolet Argentina Sales Comossion., obviously with the engine Chevrolet 4.2 litres.

1974. Raúl Guagliano. #24 MEIFA CHEVROLET.
Posted Image

Posted Image

1974. Raúl Guagliano. #24 MEIFA CHEVROLET. Rafaela
Posted Image

1974. Raúl Guagliano. #24 MEIFA CHEVROLET. Salta
Posted Image

1974. Marito García. #5 MEIFA CHEVROLET (Ex Guagliano).
Posted Image

#5 Repco von Brabham

Repco von Brabham

• 694 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 22:27

The beautiful Requejo-Dodge 8 cilynders in "V", 4.5 litres and 400 HP.
His designer/builder, Mr Ramón Requejo, leave the elementary school in the 6° degree... but he was a creator of many marvelous cars.., and he was champion of the F-1 series in the sixties., like a Argentine Jack Brabham!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 D-Type

D-Type

• 9,699 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 22:42

Fascinating photos of a group of cars I have never heard of. :up:

As a European I would describe these as Formula 5000 cars and I think a (US of) American would describe them as Formula A. Did any imported chassis run, or were they forbidden?

It's a pity none of the top drivers tried their hand at Formula 1. ):

DCN - candidates for the Goodwood Festival?

#7 Repco von Brabham

Repco von Brabham

• 694 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 23:20

Originally posted by D-Type
Fascinating photos of a group of cars I have never heard of. :up:

As a European I would describe these as Formula 5000 cars and I think a (US of) American would describe them as Formula A. Did any imported chassis run, or were they forbidden?

It's a pity none of the top drivers tried their hand at Formula 1. ):

DCN - candidates for the Goodwood Festival?

The only imported chassis was a Cooper TF81, in 1968. None elses.

Look this pictures, please!.. This is the amazing Campo-Chevrolet, design by Pedro Campo.

Posted Image

The champion Luis Di Palma Sr., with this Pianetto-Dodge V8, beatiful!

Posted Image

The uruguayan driver Jorge Bianchi was a sucesfull driver in Argentina.

Posted Image

#8 FRWL

FRWL

• 93 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 23:43

Great, simply great photos :clap: :clap: :clap: Thank you!!!

Also I have some questions/requests.
1. Where can I find the full list of results of all Argentinian F1 races?
2. How many national F1 series were there on the Earth (I think the answer is 'four' - Argentinian, British, Soviet, South African)?

#9 Repco von Brabham

Repco von Brabham

• 694 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 23:58

Originally posted by FRWL
Great, simply great photos :clap: :clap: :clap: Thank you!!!

Also I have some questions/requests.
1. Where can I find the full list of results of all Argentinian F1 races?
2. How many national F1 series were there on the Earth (I think the answer is 'four' - Argentinian, British, Soviet, South African)?

1. Only in the book "Historia del Automovilismo Argentino" writed by Mr Alfredo Parga..

2. I think was "four".. Argentinian, Australian, Sud-African and Brittish.. BUT the another series was with imported cars, with F-1 recicled cars.., In the Argentine F-1 all cars and engines was designed a built in Argentina, by argentine technicians and designers.
Look this cars:

¡Is a Mc Laren M-23??.. NO, is a Pianetto-Dodge V8, the champion of 1979 season, Mr Jorge Omar del Río.

Posted Image

The 1977 season Champion, my dear friend Pedro Pablo Passadore
Posted Image

#10 FRWL

FRWL

• 93 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 00:08

Well, but can you write a list of the champions only? Soviet F1 championships were started in 1960 and were held up to 1976. I think we have a thread about F1 in USSR on TNF. But when was held Australian F1 championship?

#11 petefenelon

petefenelon

• 4,815 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 00:32

There's a few more pictures of MN F1 cars on the Spanish Forum, mostly from the earlier years of the series. I'm sure soneone else can dig them out again, they were just as mind-boggling as this selection.

#12 Pablo Vignone

Pablo Vignone

• 309 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 03:34

Only from my memory:

Mecanica Nacional Formula 1 Champions
1963 - Nasif Estéfano
1964 - Nasif Estéfano
1965 - No championship
1966 - Domingo Di Santo

Mecánica Argentina Fórmula 1 Champions
1967 - Ramón Requejo (Requejo-Chevrolet)
1968 - Eduardo Copello (Cooper - Tornado)
1969 - Jorge Ternengo
1970 - Emilio Bertolini
1971 - Jorge Cupeiro (Trueno Sprint)
1972 - Angel Monguzzi (Pianetto-Chevrolet)
1973 - Néstor García Veiga (Berta-Tornado)
1974 - Luis Di Palma (Berta-Tornado)
1975 - No championship
1976 - José Pedro Passadore (Pianetto-Dodge)
1977 - José Pedro Passadore
1978 - Luis Di Palma (Pianetto-Dodge)
1979 - Jorge Omar Del Río (Pianetto-Dodge)

#13 Rob29

Rob29

• 3,582 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 06:02

But when was held Australian F1 championship?

Around 1975-80. F5000/Tasman cars renamed when New Zealand went Formula Pacific.

#14 swintex

swintex

• 542 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 06:22

There is a yellow and white car that looks remarkably like a Brabham BT?33? to the right of the Berta-Tornado that Di Palma is getting into on the grid at Beunos Aires

#15 Jeremy Jackson

Jeremy Jackson

• 479 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 07:45

Don't think it's a BT33, but I would guess it's one of the ACA BT30 or BT36 chassis that Reutemann/Reusch used in 70/71.

#16 RDV

RDV

• 6,765 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 07:46

Looks like the ex-YPF Reutemann or Carlos Ruesch BT36es

#17 Reyna

Reyna

• 630 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 08:16

Mr. Benamo (Repco von Brabham), as usual, takes the posts of another forum (in this case the Spanish Forum) and put them here as him work, without any recognition to his own partners... ):

Here you'll find the complet topic:

The Argentinan Formulae

#18 Alexey Rogachev

Alexey Rogachev

• 908 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 08:18

Soviet F1 championships were started in 1960 and were held up to 1976.

Here is a link to the web-page on Soviet F1: http://home.wanadoo....t/sovietf1.html.

It doesn't contain much information, though, as it is a result of my two-year-old research; I have collected many more since that days... So if you need more details, please let me know.

#19 Teapot

Teapot

• 337 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 08:35

Nice pictures of previously unknown (for me, at least) machinery...the George Rouxi's one (the last pictures of the first post) is mind-boggling: the upper half of his body is well out of the cockpit...and look at shoulders: they're so much wider than the cockpit itself!

BTW: on which tracks did the series take place?

Advertisement

#20 Barry Boor

Barry Boor

• 11,546 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 09:32

Looking at most of these cars I have one major comment....

these were VERY brave men indeed!

#21 Repco von Brabham

Repco von Brabham

• 694 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 20:15

Originally posted by Reyna
Mr. Benamo (Repco von Brabham), as usual, takes the posts of another forum (in this case the Spanish Forum) and put them here as him work, without any recognition to his own partners... ):

Here you'll find the complet topic:

The Argentinan Formulae

???????????...

I was drive in this serie Formula 1 ., just one race in the Parana circuit, 1978, with this car Berta-Tornado, property of Ariel Baskt.

Here is the car, drived by his owner Ariel Baskt, he go to European F-2, because that I was can drive it!

Posted Image

#22 Pablo Vignone

Pablo Vignone

• 309 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 12:17

BTW: on which tracks did the series take place?

The most important race in the series was ever the Rafaela 500 Miles, inspired in the Indy race. It took place first time in 1926, long before the series have born.
The 1950 edition was won by a certain Juan Manuel Fangio, in a Talbot, when Louis Rosier and José Froilán González were his team-mates.
In 1956 a very young Alberto Rodríguez Larreta, in his days of National Service with the Army, won driving a Ferrari sportscar!
The track had, in those days, a compacted gravel surface; the tarmac was from 1966, and reduced the length of the circuit -two long straights and two banked turns- to 4.612 meters.
In that track, the USAC championship held its first two races of the 1971 series, won each by Al Unser (Colt-Ford). Those were the "Raphy Indy 300".
The last edition of the Rafaela 500 Miles took place in 1977: Angel Monguzzi won the race in a Pianetto-Dodge. There were so few cars that the race was held in a two-heat, aggregate times, format.
There was no Rafaela 500 in 1979, the last year of the Mecánica Argentina Fórmula 1 series. Incidentally, I saw the very last race, December 1979, Autódromo de Buenos Aires, from the main grandstands. Very few cars, two 10 laps heats, it was sad.
Another tracks? The "Oscar Cabalen" in Cordoba, "El Zonda" in San Juan, the "General San Martin" in Mendoza, and Paraná, Concordia, Comodoro Rivadavia, Río Cuarto, Tucumán, Resistencia, Salta, Santa Rosa... (From 1969 it was compulsory to have a tarmac track; before then, the compacted gravel surface' tracks were quite normal, especially in Santa Fe province, when the F1 cars still were front-engined, as it was the 1966 champion).

#23 cjpani

cjpani

• 2,456 posts

Posted 09 August 2004 - 23:44

Originally posted by Repco von Brabham

???????????...

[U][b]I was drive in this serie Formula 1

No one said you did not drive insuch formula, Enrique; what Rafa is saying, and other people have said in the past is that you should AT LEAST mention the source.

By adding www.porsche917.com.ar/bertalr to your signature you are not only misleading other forumers but pretending to invoke such source to all your posts.

I do not intend by any means to re-start the copyright issue specially in TNF, but i feel I am morally oblied to voice my opinion in this particular matter.

Regads

cj

#24 Jimmy Piget

Jimmy Piget

• 530 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 11:40

Below is the list of race winners I have compiled.
This works owes a lot to Messrs Gabriel Alejandro Engel, David McKinney, José Luis Otero & Rob Trebble.
You can notice that two and a half F1 drivers are hidden inside it...
By the way, in 1971 Luis Di Palma had links with Team Lotus to race the spare works 49 in the non championship Argentine GP. It was not finalized, as Wilson Fittipaldi eventually pedalled it.

1966 — Campeonato argentino (1st Vicente Cipolatti)
1. GP de Villa Carlos Paz (RA) (May 1) Jorge Ternengo ( ? / Chevrolet)
2. GP de Paraná, Parque Urquiza (RA) (Jul 3) Vicente Cipolatti ( ? / Chevrolet)
3. 200 Millas de Santa Fe, San Antonio (RA) (Jul 10) Domingo Di Santo ( ? / Chevrolet)
4. GP de Sunchales (RA) (Jul 24) Orlando Sotro (own Sotro / Ford)
5. GP de Esperanza (RA) (Aug 7) Vicente Cipolatti ( ? / Chevrolet)
6. 500 Milas de Rafaela (RA) (Sep 4) Jorge Cupeiro ( ? / Chevrolet)
7. GP de Buenos Aires (RA) (Oct 9) Domingo Di Santo ( ? / Chevrolet)
8. GP de Río Cuarto (RA) (Oct 30) Domingo Di Santo ( ? / Chevrolet)
9. GP de Bahía Blanca (RA) (Nov 27) Carlos Martín (works Crespi / Fiat 1500)

1967 — Campeonato argentino (1st Ramón Requejo)
1. GP de Rosario (RA) (Apr 9) Omar Almeida ( ? / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
2. GP de Bahía Blanca (RA) (Apr 16) Domingo Di Santo ( ? / Chevrolet)
3. GP de Sunchales (RA) (Jun 4) Domingo Di Santo ( ? / Chevrolet)
4. 200 Millas de Santa Fe, San Antonio (RA) (Jul 23) Ramón Requejo (own Requejo / Chevrolet)
5. GP de Esperanza (RA) (Aug 6) Vicente Cipolatti ( ? / Chevrolet)
6. GP de Marcos Juárez (RA) (Aug 13) Vicente Cipolatti ( ? / Chevrolet)
7. 500 Milas de Rafaela (RA) (Sep 10) Héctor Gradassi (works De Stéfano / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
8. GP de Buenos Aires (RA) (Oct 8) Ramón Requejo (own Requejo / Chevrolet)
9. GP de Maggiolo (RA) (Dec 17) Víctor Hugo Plá ( ? / Chevrolet)

1968 — Campeonato argentino (1st Eduardo Copello)
1. Premio Apertura, Buenos Aires (RA) (Mar 10) Eduardo Copello (Berta Cooper / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
2. GP de Bahía Blanca (RA) (Mar 31) Eduardo Copello (Berta Cooper / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
3. GP de Rafaela (RA) (Apr 14) Orlando Sotro (own Sotro / Ford)
4. GP de Sunchales (RA) (May 5) Orlando Sotro (own Sotro / Ford)
5. 200 Millas de Santa Fe, San Antonio (RA) (May 26) Omar Cuvertino ( ? / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
6. GP de Córdoba, Alta Gracia (RA) (Jun 2) Ramón Requejo (own Requejo / Chevrolet)
7. GP de Buenos Aires (RA) (Jun 8) Eduardo Copello (Berta Cooper / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
8. GP de San Juan, el Zonda(RA) (Jul 21) Eduardo Copello (Berta Cooper / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
9. GP de Mendoza, San Martín (RA) (Aug 4) Eduardo Copello (Berta Cooper / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
10. 500 Milas de Rafaela (RA) (Aug 25) Carlos Pairetti (works De Stéfano / Chevrolet)
11. GP de San Rafael (RA) (Oct 27) Jorge Ternengo (works Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
Buenos Aires (RA) Jorge Ternengo (works Steven / Chevrolet)

1969 — Campeonato argentino (1st Jorge Ternengo)
1. Premio Apertura, Buenos Aires (RA) (Mar 9) Nasif Estéfano (works Crespi / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
Río Cuarto (RA) Jorge Ternengo (works Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
2. GP de Córdoba, Alta Gracia (RA) (Jun 2) Carlos Pairetti ( ? / Chevrolet)
3. GP de Mendoza, San Martín (RA) (Jul 6) Jorge Ternengo (works Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
4. 500 Milas de Rafaela (RA) (Sep 7) Jorge Ternengo (Peña Rueda Bravi / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
5. GP de Maggiolo (RA) (Sep 21) Víctor Hugo Plá ( ? / Chevrolet)
6. GP de Rafaela (RA) (Oct 5) Néstor García Veiga (works Steven / Chevrolet)
7. GP de Buenos Aires (RA) (Oct 19) Ramón Requejo (own Requejo / Chevrolet)

1970 — Campeonato argentino (1st Emilio Bertollini)
1. Premio Apertura, Buenos Aires (RA) (Feb 28) Omar Cuvertino (works Albizu / Dodge)
2. Comodoro Rivadavia (RA) (Mar 21) Ángel Rubén Monguzzi (works Steven / Chevrolet)
3. GP de Córdoba, Alta Gracia (RA) (Apr 11) Omar Cuvertino (works Albizu / Dodge)
4. GP de Las Flores (RA) (May 3) Néstor García Veiga (works Chelco / Chevrolet)
5. GP de Tucumán (RA) (Jul 19) Emilio Bertollini (own Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
6. GP de Concordia (RA) (Aug 2) Víctor Hugo Plá (own Bravi / Chevrolet)
7. GP de San Juan, el Zonda (RA) (Aug 23) Emilio Bertollini (own Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
8. 500 Milas de Rafaela (RA) (Sep 6) Jorge Cupeiro (own Trueno Sprint / Chevrolet)
9. ? (RA) Jorge Ternengo (own Trueno Sprint / Chevrolet)

1971 — Campeonato argentino (1st Jorge Cupeiro)
1. GP de Concordia (RA) (May 16) Jorge Bianchi ( ? / Ford)
2. GP de Tucumán (RA) (Aug 1) Daniel Sancho (own Bravi / Chevrolet)
3. 500 Milas de Rafaela (RA) (Sep 5) Jorge Cupeiro (own Trueno Sprint / Chevrolet)
4. GP de Las Rosas (RA) (Sep 26) Jorge Ternengo (works Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
5. GP de Maggiolo (RA) (Nov 14) Ramón Requejo (own Requejo / Chevrolet)
6. GP de Río Cuarto (RA) (Dec 5) Ramón Requejo (own Requejo / Chevrolet)

1972 — Campeonato argentino (1st Ángel Rubén Monguzzi)
1. GP de Comodoro Rivadavia (RA) (Mar 12) Daniel Favre (works Cenci / Chevrolet)
2. GP de Concordia (RA) (Apr 2) Luis Di Palma (works Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
3. 500 Milas de Rafaela (RA) (May 7) Ángel Rubén Monguzzi (works Pianetto / Dodge)
4. GP de Las Flores (RA) (Jun 4) Ángel Rubén Monguzzi (works Pianetto / Dodge)
5. GP de Paraná (RA) (Jul 9) Ángel Rubén Monguzzi (works Pianetto / Dodge)
6. GP de Tucumán (RA) (Aug 6) Ángel Rubén Monguzzi (works Pianetto / Dodge)
7. GP de Córdoba, Alta Gracia (RA) (Sep 16) Luis Di Palma (works Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
8. GP de Nueve de Julio (RA) (Nov 5) Luis Di Palma (works Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
9. GP de Río Cuarto (RA) (Dec 4) Jorge Ternengo (own Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
10. ? (RA) Ángel Rubén Monguzzi (works Pianetto / Dodge)

1973 — Campeonato argentino (1st Néstor García Veiga)
1. GP de Balcarce (RA) (Feb 4) Luis Di Palma (works Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
2. Premio Apertura, Buenos Aires (RA) (Mar 4) Néstor García Veiga (works Campo / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
3. GP de Allen (RA) (Apr 8) Luis Di Palma (works Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
4. 500 Milas de Rafaela (RA) (May 6) Néstor García Veiga (works Campo / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
5. GP de Ara Tirí (PY) (May 20) Jorge Bianchi (own Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
6. GP de Río Cuarto (RA) (Jun 3) Luis Di Palma (works Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
7. GP de Córdoba, Alta Gracia (RA) (Jul 29) Ángel Rubén Monguzzi (works Pianetto / Dodge)
8. Buenos Aires (RA) (Aug 26) Néstor García Veiga (works Campo / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
9. ? (RA) Luis Di Palma (works Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
10. GP de Buenos Aires (RA) (Nov 3) Néstor García Veiga (works Campo / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
11. GP de Comodoro Rivadavia (RA) (Dec 9) Néstor García Veiga (works Campo / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])

1974 — Campeonato argentino (1st Luis Di Palma)
1. GP de Balcarce (RA) (Feb 24) Luis Di Palma (works Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
Premio Apertura, Buenos Aires (RA) (Mar 10) Luis Di Palma (works Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
2. GP de Allen (RA) (Mar 17) Luis Di Palma (works Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
3. GP de Mendoza, San Martín (RA) (Mar 31) Luis Di Palma (works Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
4. GP de Salta (RA) (Apr 14) Luis Di Palma (works Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
5. 500 Milas de Rafaela (RA) (May 5) Victor Hugo Plá (own Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
6. GP de Maggiolo (RA) (Jun 16) Luis Di Palma (works Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
7. GP de Río Cuarto (RA) (Aug 17-18) Luis Di Palma (works Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
8. GP de Rafaela (RA) (Sep 29) Jorge Bianchi (own Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
9. GP de Buenos Aires (RA) (Oct 20) Jorge Omar Del Río (own Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
10. GP de Mendoza (RA) San Martín (Dec 1) Luis Di Palma (works Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
11. GP de Comodoro Rivadavia (RA) (Dec 13) Luis Di Palma (works Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])

1975 — No champion elected
GP de Córdoba, Alta Gracia (RA) (Jul 20) Ángel Rubén Monguzzi (works Pianetto / Dodge)
GP de Uruguay, Montevideo-el Pinar (ROU) (Sep 7) Luis Di Palma (works Berta / Torino [= AMC Rambler])
500 Milas de Rafaela (RA) (Nov 16) Luis Di Palma (works Berta / Torino [= AMC Rambler])
GP de Montevideo, el Pinar (ROU) (Sep 7) Jorge Omar Del Río (own Berta / Dodge)
? (RA) Jorge Bianchi (own Berta / Torino [= AMC Rambler])

1976 — Campeonato argentino (1st Pedro Passadore)
1. Premio Apertura, Buenos Aires (RA) (Mar 14) Pedro Passadore (works Pianetto / Dodge)
2. Buenos Aires (RA) (May 30) Luis Di Palma (works Berta / Torino [= AMC Rambler])
3. Buenos Aires (RA) (Jun 20) Pedro Passadore (works Pianetto / Dodge)
4. GP de Salta (RA) (Jul 18) Mauricio García (works Meifa / Chevrolet)
5. Buenos Aires (RA) (Aug 20) Pedro Passadore (works Pianetto / Dodge)
6. Buenos Aires (RA) (Sep 26) Pedro Passadore (works Pianetto / Dodge)
7. 500 Milas de Rafaela (RA) (Oct 10) Héctor Risso (own Crespi / Dodge)
GP de Montevideo, el Pinar (ROU) (Nov 7) Pedro Passadore (works Pianetto / Dodge)
8. GP de Buenos Aires (RA) (Dec 5) Pedro Passadore (works Pianetto / Dodge)

1977 — Campeonato argentino (1st Pedro Passadore)
1. Premio Apertura, Buenos Aires (RA) (Mar 20) Miguel Ángel Guerra (works Berta / Torino [= AMC Rambler])
2. GP de Balcarce (RA) (Apr 24) Pedro Passadore (works Pianetto / Dodge)
3. GP de Mendoza, San Martín (RA) (May 8) Pedro Passadore (works Pianetto / Dodge)
4. GP de Salta (RA) (Jul 9) Miguel Ángel Guerra (works Berta / Torino [= AMC Rambler])
5. GP de Rafaela (RA) (Aug 21) Mauricio García (works Meifa / Chevrolet)
6. GP de San Juan, el Zonda (RA) (Sep 5) Miguel Ángel Guerra (own Berta / Torino [= AMC Rambler])
7. 500 Milas de Rafaela (RA) (Oct 16) Ángel Rubén Monguzzi (works Pianetto / Dodge)
GP de Montevideo (ROU) el Pinar (Nov 13) Pedro Passadore (works Pianetto / Dodge)
8. GP de Buenos Aires (RA) (Dec 4) Pedro Passadore (works Pianetto / Dodge)
9. GP de Balcarce (RA) (Dec 18) Pedro Passadore (works Pianetto / Dodge)

1978 — Campeonato argentino (1st Luis Di Palma)
1. GP de Las Parejas (RA) (Mar 13) Luis Di Palma (own Pianetto / Dodge)
2. GP de Córdoba, Alta Gracia (RA) (Apr 16) Mauricio García (works Meifa / Chevrolet)
3. Buenos Aires (RA) (Jun 25) Mauricio García (works Meifa / Chevrolet)
4. GP de Rafaela (RA) (Aug 6) Luis Di Palma (own Pianetto / Dodge)
5. GP de Buenos Aires (RA) (Oct 1) Mauricio García (works Meifa / Chevrolet)
6. 500 Milas de Rafaela (RA) (Oct 29) Jorge Omar Del Río (own Pianetto / Dodge)
7. GP de Las Parejas (RA) (Nov 25) Jorge Omar Del Río (own Pianetto / Dodge)
8. Las Parejas (RA) (Dec 17) Jorge Omar Del Río (own Pianetto / Dodge)

1979 — Campeonato argentino (1st Jorge Omar Del Río)
1. GP de Salta (RA) (Apr 22) Mauricio García (works Meifa / Chevrolet)
2. GP de La Rioja (RA) (May 25) Luis Di Palma (own Pianetto / Dodge)
3. GP de Resistencia (RA) (Jun 24) Mauricio García (works Meifa / Chevrolet)
4. GP de Las Parejas (RA) (Jul 22) Jorge Omar Del Río (own Pianetto / Dodge)
5. GP de la Pampa, Santa Rosa (RA) (Oct 7) Jorge Omar Del Río (own Pianetto / Dodge)
6. GP de Río Cuarto (RA) (Dec 8) Jorge Omar Del Río (own Pianetto / Dodge)
7. GP de Buenos Aires (RA) (Dec 16) Jorge Omar Del Río (own Pianetto / Dodge)

Any gap amendments or mistake corrections ?

Jimmy

#25 Muzza

Muzza

• 802 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 13:42

Glad to see you back, Jimmy, and in your usual form! :)

#26 humphries

humphries

• 931 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 17:31

Jimmy

Checking through "Corsa" when I have time. So a lot of patience required.

1970 first because they are readily available.

18/01/1970 Buenos Aires........ Jorge Ternengo......Sprint-Chevrolet
BA
C.Rivadavia
Cordoba
Las Flores
28/06/1970 BA " Avellaneda".. Angel Monguzzi...Trueno-Cherolet
Tucuman
Concordia
San Juan
Rafaela
04/10/1970 Parana................. Emilio Bertolini......Bravi-Tornado
29/11/1970 Rafaela.................Omar Cuvertino....Albizu-Dodge

John

#27 humphries

humphries

• 931 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 12:24

Jimmy

Some more checks

1971 Just the six races

1972 The 10th and last race was held on the 10th December at Buenos Aires and won by Emilio Bertolini in a Berta-Tornado. Monguzzi was 2nd.

16/09 Cordoba.......... Luis di Palma ( Berta-Tornado )
04/11 BA
18/11 Rafaela............Jorge Bianchi ( Berta-Tornado )

12 races in all.

More to come.

John

#28 Pablo Vignone

Pablo Vignone

• 309 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 22:52

The third round of the 1978 Championship wasn't held on June 25th (the same that Argentine football team won the World Cup in River Plate stadium) but on Tuesday, June 20th. This date is a holiday here in Argentina, and I know well of that race because it was the first I went alone to saw, without my father. Luis Di Palma was winning but a rear tyre was deflating and so he lost a pretty win. That day there was too Fórmula 2 (maybe our friend Repco Von Brabham was racing there, I don't remember) and Fórmula 4, a lovely and sunny holiday.

#29 humphries

humphries

• 931 posts

Posted 14 August 2004 - 13:01

Pablo

The F2 race was won by Ricardo Chourrout in a Berta-Renault, completing the 26 laps more quickly than the winner of the F1 race although Di Palma's F1 fastest lap was 0.2 seconds less than the F2 fastest lap. One of the reasons that the Argentine F1 series folded, after another seaon, was because the cheaper F2 cars were as quick, on many circuits, as the FIs. Enrique was up near the front for a while in the F2 race but encountered trouble and was classified 10th, some nine laps behind in the final claassification, in his Berta-Dodge.

The F4 race was won by one Eliseo Salazar in his Avante-Renault.

John

#30 Pablo Vignone

Pablo Vignone

• 309 posts

Posted 15 August 2004 - 00:33

Hey, John, maybe you live next door...
Yeah, you moved me to remember that white and blue Chourrout car. And Eliseo won a thrilling race, I can recall.

#31 Repco von Brabham

Repco von Brabham

• 694 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 20:43

Originally posted by humphries

The F4 race was won by one Eliseo Salazar in his Avante-Renault.

In this way Eliseo Salazar and your friend Enrique Benamo competed in the Argentine F-4 this day..

Enrique is the number 19, with Crespi car, the chilean Salazar drive a Avante car.
picture from eduardo of Spanish foro Historia

Posted Image

#32 Repco von Brabham

Repco von Brabham

• 694 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 21:30

The last race of the 1974 Formula 1 Championship

December 13, 1974| Luis Di Palma win the Gran Prix of Comodoro Rivadavia, 1.800 Kms to south of Buenos Aires.

Weather: Speed wind to 90 Kms/h!!!!

16 cars in race.

Autodromo General Enrique Mosconi., 45 laps.

1º Rubén Luis Di Palma - Berta Tornado - 1h 01min 01seg
2º Mario García - Melfa Chevrolet - 1h 01min 57seg
3º Ariel Bakst - Berta Tornado - 1h 03min 30seg
4º Orlando Sotro - Sotro Falcon - 1h 04min 29seg
5º Norberto Pauloni - Mavicapache Chevrolet - 1h 06min 08seg

Fastest Lap: Di Palma (Berta-Tornado), 183, 443 Km/h.

The Di Palma car was a former Berta-Cosworth F-1 car.
Picture from "Corsa"
Posted Image

The chassis Meifa-Chevrolet of Mauricio Garcia, the Vice-champion.
Picture from "Corsa"
Posted Image

#33 Allen Brown

Allen Brown

• 5,538 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 18:42

The last race of the 1974 Formula 1 Championship

December 13, 1974| Luis Di Palma win the Gran Prix of Comodoro Rivadavia, 1.800 Kms to south of Buenos Aires.

...The Di Palma car was a former Berta-Cosworth F-1 car.

I'm confused. Wasn't the Berta F1 car a 1975 car? How can it have been "former" F1" in December 1974?

Allen

#34 Repco von Brabham

Repco von Brabham

• 694 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 01:58

Originally posted by Allen Brown
I'm confused. Wasn't the Berta F1 car a 1975 car? How can it have been "former" F1" in December 1974?

Allen

OK., I explain:

This car was a "prima facie" of the definitive Berta F-1 car, he was the "guinea pig" when Mr Oreste Berta developed his ideas and extensive test., latter, these car was sold to Mr Luis Di Palma., and Oreste build the definitive Berta V8 F-1 car, with ENGINE BERTA V8..!!

Is clear now?

#35 Repco von Brabham

Repco von Brabham

• 694 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 03:28

The autentics Berta cars Formula One Nacional was this., the last of the list was the car when Luis Di Palma began the year 1974, and then he replaced for the other we talking about.

Pictures from "Corsa" posted by Juan Jose in Foro Historia
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#36 Allen Brown

Allen Brown

• 5,538 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 12:32

OK., I explain:

This car was a "prima facie" of the definitive Berta F-1 car, he was the "guinea pig" when Mr Oreste Berta developed his ideas and extensive test., latter, these car was sold to Mr Luis Di Palma., and Oreste build the definitive Berta V8 F-1 car, with ENGINE BERTA V8..!!

Is clear now?

I think it's clear now.

So is this 1974 "guinea pig" car the one that Luis di Palma raced in the US F5000 series in 1975? Or did he drive "the definitive Berta V8 F-1 car" converted from Berta V8 engine to 5-litre Chev V8?

Thanks

Allen

#37 Allen Brown

Allen Brown

• 5,538 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 13:33

Jimmy

Some more checks

1971 Just the six races

1972 The 10th and last race was held on the 10th December at Buenos Aires and won by Emilio Bertolini in a Berta-Tornado. Monguzzi was 2nd.

16/09 Cordoba.......... Luis di Palma ( Berta-Tornado )
04/11 BA
18/11 Rafaela............Jorge Bianchi ( Berta-Tornado )

12 races in all.

More to come.

John

John

Does that give us:

1971 — Campeonato argentino (1st Jorge Cupeiro)
1. GP de Concordia (RA) (May 16) Jorge Bianchi ( ? / Ford)
2. GP de Tucumán (RA) (Aug 1) Daniel Sancho (own Bravi / Chevrolet)
3. 500 Milas de Rafaela (RA) (Sep 5) Jorge Cupeiro (own Trueno Sprint / Chevrolet)
4. GP de Las Rosas (RA) (Sep 26) Jorge Ternengo (works Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler] - chassis 1)
5. GP de Maggiolo (RA) (Nov 14) Ramón Requejo (own Requejo / Chevrolet)
6. GP de Río Cuarto (RA) (Dec 5) Ramón Requejo (own Requejo / Chevrolet)

1972 — Campeonato argentino (1st Ángel Rubén Monguzzi)
1. GP de Comodoro Rivadavia (RA) (Mar 12) Daniel Favre (works Cenci / Chevrolet)
2. GP de Concordia (RA) (Apr 2) Luis Di Palma (works Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler] - chassis 2)
3. 500 Milas de Rafaela (RA) (May 7) Ángel Rubén Monguzzi (works Pianetto / Dodge)
4. GP de Las Flores (RA) (Jun 4) Ángel Rubén Monguzzi (works Pianetto / Dodge)
5. GP de Paraná (RA) (Jul 9) Ángel Rubén Monguzzi (works Pianetto / Dodge)
6. GP de Tucumán (RA) (Aug 6) Ángel Rubén Monguzzi (works Pianetto / Dodge)
7. GP de Córdoba, Alta Gracia (RA) (Sep 16) Luis Di Palma (works Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler] - chassis 2)
8. GP de Nueve de Julio (RA) (Nov 5) Luis Di Palma (works Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler] - chassis 2)
9. GP de Río Cuarto (RA) (Dec 4) Jorge Ternengo (own Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler] - chassis 1)
10. Buenos Aires (RA) (Dec 10) Emilio Bertolini (Berta / Tornado - chassis ?)

1. GP de Balcarce (RA) (Feb 4) Luis Di Palma (works Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler] - chassis ?)
2. Premio Apertura, Buenos Aires (RA) (Mar 4) Néstor García Veiga (works Campo / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
3. GP de Allen (RA) (Apr 8) Luis Di Palma (works Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler] - chassis ?)
4. 500 Milas de Rafaela (RA) (May 6) Néstor García Veiga (works Campo / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
5. GP de Ara Tirí (PY) (May 20) Jorge Bianchi (own Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler] - chassis ?)
6. GP de Río Cuarto (RA) (Jun 3) Luis Di Palma (works Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler] - chassis ?)
7. GP de Córdoba, Alta Gracia (RA) (Jul 29) Ángel Rubén Monguzzi (works Pianetto / Dodge)
8. Buenos Aires (RA) (Aug 26) Néstor García Veiga (works Campo / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
9. Cordoba (RA) (Sep 16) Luis Di Palma (works Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler] - chassis ?)
10. GP de Buenos Aires (RA) (Nov 4) Néstor García Veiga (works Campo / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
11. Rafaela (RA) (Nov 18) Jorge Bianchi (Berta / Tornado - chassis ?)
12. GP de Comodoro Rivadavia (RA) (Dec 9) Néstor García Veiga (works Campo / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])

Any idea what Jorge Bianchi was driving at the start of 1971?

Bertolini's Berta isn't mentioned in the Corsa list. I wonder if it was Ternengo's car?

Allen

#38 humphries

humphries

• 931 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 15:35

Allen

Jorge Bianchi's 1971 car was a Crespo-Falcon.

In 1972 there were seven Berta-Tornado cars that raced in the series driven by Luis Reuben Di Palma, Victor Hugo Pla, Emilio Bertolini, Hector Prono, Jorge Bianchi, Jorge Ternengo and "Andrea".

At Rio Cuarto all seven were present.

Pla began the season with a Trueno-Chevrolet, "Andrea" with a Numa-Tornado, Prono with a Bravi-Tornado and Jorge Bianchi with the Crespo-Falcon.

Whether Berta sold customer cars as the season progressed or sold off the older works cars I do not know.

John

#39 Repco von Brabham

Repco von Brabham

• 694 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 05:31

1. GP de Balcarce (RA) (Feb 4) Luis Di Palma (works Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler] - chassis ?)
3. GP de Allen (RA) (Apr 8) Luis Di Palma (works Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler] - chassis ?)
5. GP de Ara Tirí (PY) (May 20) Jorge Bianchi (own Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler] - chassis ?)
6. GP de Río Cuarto (RA) (Jun 3) Luis Di Palma (works Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler] - chassis ?)
9. Cordoba (RA) (Sep 16) Luis Di Palma (works Berta / Tornado [= AMC Rambler] - chassis ?)
10. GP de Buenos Aires (RA) (Nov 4) Néstor García Veiga (works Campo / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])
11. Rafaela (RA) (Nov 18) Jorge Bianchi (Berta / Tornado - chassis ?)
12. GP de Comodoro Rivadavia (RA) (Dec 9) Néstor García Veiga (works Campo / Tornado [= AMC Rambler])

Dear Allen Brown., is completely wrong your Garcia Veiga car data in 1973.

This was not a Campo-Tornado,

Nestor Garcia Veiga drive in 1973 season one Berta-Tornado with a Kugelfisher fuel injection system, with this marvelous car he won the 1973 Championship with a remarkable sucesfull.

THIS was these Berta car, the "Aplanadora" (bulldozer), LOOK:Posted Image

Advertisement

#40 Allen Brown

Allen Brown

• 5,538 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 09:50

Dear Allen Brown., is completely wrong your Garcia Veiga car data in 1973.

I was quoting Jimmy Piget's data and adding the later corrections of 'Humphries'.

How about this then:

1. GP de Balcarce (RA) (Feb 4) Luis Di Palma (works Berta-Tornado)
2. Premio Apertura, Buenos Aires (RA) (Mar 4) Néstor García Veiga (Berta-Tornado)
3. GP de Allen (RA) (Apr 8) Luis Di Palma (works Berta-Tornado)
4. 500 Milas de Rafaela (RA) (May 6) Néstor García Veiga (Berta-Tornado)
5. GP de Ara Tirí (PY) (May 20) Jorge Bianchi (own Berta-Tornado)
6. GP de Río Cuarto (RA) (Jun 3) Luis Di Palma (works Berta-Tornado)
7. GP de Córdoba, Alta Gracia (RA) (Jul 29) Ángel Rubén Monguzzi (works Pianetto-Dodge)
8. Buenos Aires (RA) (Aug 26) Néstor García Veiga (Berta-Tornado)
9. Cordoba (RA) (Sep 16) Luis Di Palma (works Berta-Tornado)
10. GP de Buenos Aires (RA) (Nov 4) Néstor García Veiga (Berta-Tornado)
11. Rafaela (RA) (Nov 18) Jorge Bianchi (Berta-Tornado)
12. GP de Comodoro Rivadavia (RA) (Dec 9) Néstor García Veiga (Berta-Tornado)

Is this now correct?

Would you (or Humpries?) be willing post the full race results from 1972 and 1973? You have provided so many pictures, it would be great to see how big the grids were for these races.

Many thanks

Allen

#41 Allen Brown

Allen Brown

• 5,538 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 10:41

Just been browing the Foro Historia thread.

Another great set of Berta MA F1 pictures here. Amongst other things, it shows Pablo Brea in 1974 in the ex-Gracia Vega 1973 championship-winning Berta.

And here are a set of pictures of Raúl Guagliano's 1974 #24 Meifa-Chevrolet.

The thread jumps around all over the place but is well worth a read.

Allen

#42 Repco von Brabham

Repco von Brabham

• 694 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 04:48

For the friends and anothers:

I am working for increase the data over our marvelous Formula Uno de Argentina..., but, you must remenber I have a son who is (succesfully) racing in F-Renault, and also I am "working" to young chilean driver Pablo Larroquette and his personal carrera also..

Because that, I don´t have the time (but I have the wish) to write in this Forum every the data what I wish, sorry.

If you know my greatest wish of write about the fantastic F-2 CODASUR, the best F-2 of the world, believe me..

regards

#43 Allen Brown

Allen Brown

• 5,538 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 09:44

Jimmy

Checking through "Corsa" when I have time. So a lot of patience required.

More to come.

John

Hi John

How much detail does Corsa give on each race? Does it list full results - same sort of thing RCN does on Aussie Gold Star - or is it just top-3? As these cars are so similar to F5000, I'd like to put results up on OldRacingCars.com. The problem here is that, for once, I have no ability to research it personally and would be totally on people with Corsa and other sources. However, I do remember one kind soul sending me photocopies of RCN so anything's possible...

Kind regards

Allen

#44 humphries

humphries

• 931 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 23:08

Allen

If I have time I'll do some photocopying but you will need the patience of Job.

I have a complete run of "Corsa" up to 1980. The reports vary but usually it is the top ten finishers with race numbers included. The entry was usually between 10 to 20 but the attrition rate was high. In most races it is possible to compile the full entry as race numbers were allocated for the season. Retirements were often listed as well or buried in the race report.

Only last Friday a mass of reports from newspapers arrived about the races held in Argentina before WW2, most with full entry lists and full results. Dozens of them. Processing these for the Black Books will take weeks. Plus....but I won't bore you.

John

#45 Allen Brown

Allen Brown

• 5,538 posts

Posted 24 August 2004 - 17:07

John

I do indeed have the patience of Job. Well, nearly. His was quite impressive.

I need to finish my Can-Am update and then get back to Aussie Gold Star and then get my first USAC pages up (Eiserts and McLaren M16s) before I even start anything else. At my rate, that means 2005.

Maybe we can discuss this again mid-winter?

Regards

Allen

#46 humphries

humphries

• 931 posts

Posted 31 August 2004 - 17:46

Jimmy

Checked the rest of the RA F1 race lists.

1974, 1976, 1977, all as in your lists.

02/11/1975 BA.......Angelo Monguzzi......Pianetto-Dodge ( Bianchi was 3rd )
This race was scheduled for 26/10/1975 but postponed owing to heavy rain. It was the second race of the three championship races that were held. In February, 1976 it was decided that insufficient races had been held and a champion for 1975 was not declared.

26/11/1978 Las Parajes not 25/11/1978

An extra race

16/09/1979 Rafaela........Jorge Omar Del Rio........Pianetto-Dodge

John

#47 Repco von Brabham

Repco von Brabham

• 694 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 22:49

Hello partners!

Our Rafa Reyna was posted a great pictures of the Pedro Passadore accident, in 500 Miles Rafaela de 1977.

The car was a powerful Pianetto-Dodge V8, and the uruguayan driver suffer the damage in his rear tyre., and was it all for hem!!

Look the flames!., Pedro was very close of to be a Sudamerican Niki Lauda..!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fuente: Autosprint.

#48 Jimmy Piget

Jimmy Piget

• 530 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 16:40

Thanks for all the information, John : I've all added in my data (will be send to public at the beginning of next year).

BTW, have you something about the year 1967 ? I am currently working on this precise year (don't ask why, there is no special reason for chosing this one rather than another one), and I only know the winners of MNA, not the rest of the results.

Kind regards

#49 tompka

tompka

• 20 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 13:19

Hi All!

I used to lurk this forum for years, but don't often post.
I received this photo from one of my friends on a Hungarian forum to track it down. He says it's Miguel Angel Guerra's car (well some of it) after an accident at Rafaela in 1977. Could you confirm this identification?

Posted Image

Foto credits: unknown

#50 jadb1

jadb1

• 404 posts

Posted 22 December 2004 - 19:13

Posted Image

Mavicapache-Chevrolet N Pauloni year 1978 Las Parejas Santa Fe
Posted Image

Las Parejas Santa Fe 26 de Nov de 1978 Alejandro[/B]
Revista Corsa