Photo

The 'Suggestion Box'

• Please log in to reply
643 replies to this topic

#451 Bjorn Kjer

Bjorn Kjer

• 3,623 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 20:18

I am sorry , but I just dont understand why we have so many threads on some of the "same" topics. I see a new Ken Miles thread : "Ken Miles" is there all ready , and there ar now 20 Ken Miles threads from very small to say , medium size threads . Please someone explain why ?

Advertisement

#452 rallen

rallen

• 545 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 23:15

I am sorry , but I just dont understand why we have so many threads on some of the "same" topics. I see a new Ken Miles thread : "Ken Miles" is there all ready , and there ar now 20 Ken Miles threads from very small to say , medium size threads . Please someone explain why ?

I sort of understand what you are saying but sometimes not everything comes up in a search depending on the wording perhaps? but Also I have noticed that when people do resurect old threads instead of starting new ones, people tend not to comment on them.

#453 D-Type

D-Type

• 8,047 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 22:21

Is it worth expanding the "Read me" announcement to include a section saying "Please search first" and saying how to do so and a section saying how to post a link?

#454 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 53,882 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 10:30

Originally posted by Bjørn Kjer
I am sorry , but I just dont understand why we have so many threads on some of the "same" topics. I see a new Ken Miles thread: "Ken Miles" is there all ready, and there are now 20 Ken Miles threads from very small to say, medium size threads. Please someone explain why?

Twinny tried to do this, and combined a large number of threads, several years ago...

I guess it's a big job and he's been unable to keep pace with this since.

#455 Bjorn Kjer

Bjorn Kjer

• 3,623 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 13:43

Then certainly it is down to the members to uphold a better disciplin. We all know the search system has its limitation . So it would be easier to start a thread with a firm head line instead of the often hieroglyfic names under which you anyway probably never would search , and thus easily could miss vital infos. We recently got a new Ken Miles thread allthough there are 10 before that, nearly all starting with "Ken Miles" etc. , these are easy to find , but in many other cases the head lines do not show what could be in the thread. Etc.etc.

#456 rallen

rallen

• 545 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 13:55

Then certainly it is down to the members to uphold a better disciplin. We all know the search system has its limitation . So it would be easier to start a thread with a firm head line instead of the often hieroglyfic names under which you anyway probably never would search , and thus easily could miss vital infos.

Completely agree with this, sometimes you have no idea what the thread is by the title or with the odd typo or the way it is phrased it will never come up. There is however a big problem with the book thread, because it is one thread and not a series of threads in a sub forum it is awful to navigate around and there's so many pages you can't really use it as a reference very well. I hope this can be looked at, I have seen members starting different threads outside of the book thread because they can't find what they are looking at.

#457 rallen

rallen

• 545 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 14:03

On a slightly different note, there is a rather unpleasant tendency by some people to comment on a thread saying it is boring or the debate is pointless/of poor quality and asking people to stop contributing using the weight of being a senior member as they are somehow better than everyone else. I think this is really bad form and it does make people clam up or feel embarrassed and not welcome. There was a recent example of this where an interesting debate was taking place, very civil and someone posted 'The consensus would seem to be a clear "no" - I'm fed up with reading this now.'

Can people who don't want to read something just not go on the thread, don't instead tell other people what they can or can't do? it would be nice if that was enshrined in the Read me rules' I mean I don't like Hetty Wainthrop Investigates so I don't go out of my way to watch it, nor do I phone up my friends and colleagues and tell them they can't watch it.

Perhaps I am being over sensitive :rolleyes: !

#458 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 18:19

... using the weight of being a senior member as they are somehow better than everyone else. I think this is really bad form and it does make people clam up or feel embarrassed and not welcome

Have you thought of looking at this from the point of view of the so-called senior members? By definition they are more familiar with the way TNF works, and can surely not be blamed for trying to steer discussions along the lines accepted by most. Perhaps some of them are actually trying to make people "clam up" in the hope that they'll reflect on why they feel unwelcome, and immerse themselves more in the forum's raison d'être
Present company excepted, of course :)

#459 rallen

rallen

• 545 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 18:37

Have you thought of looking at this from the point of view of the so-called senior members? By definition they are more familiar with the way TNF works, and can surely not be blamed for trying to steer discussions along the lines accepted by most. Perhaps some of them are actually trying to make people "clam up" in the hope that they'll reflect on why they feel unwelcome, and immerse themselves more in the forum's raison d'être
Present company excepted, of course :)

Haha why thank you, actually the example I gave was between two senior members, it was nothing to do with me being a newbie and breaking unwritten rules! I just took umbridge at a conversation being stifled when it was civil and revealing some interesting information. It was hardly a Senna is best no Schumacher is better thread/conversation.

But I appreciate that for some of the members who have been here longer things can be vexing, I have only been on a couple of months and have had a pop at a Senna fan boy which I regret! but when you are new you don't always know how it all works, like spinning off on your first out lap - but some of the new people bring excellent new info and sources to the table after their first faux par so it is important not to alienate people. But I will shut up and say no more about it!

Just a thought but what about we have a couple of extra mods? they can help Twinny merge old threads etc. Seems a big job for one person. Just a though.

Advertisement

#460 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 53,882 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 20:05

Originally posted by rallen
Completely agree with this, sometimes you have no idea what the thread is by the title or with the odd typo or the way it is phrased it will never come up.....

There are 'filters' in the 'advanced search' that allow you to choose content from the posts, much more useful than thread titles.

However, the title should really reflect what the thread's intended to be about...

.....There is however a big problem with the book thread, because it is one thread and not a series of threads in a sub forum it is awful to navigate around and there's so many pages you can't really use it as a reference very well. I hope this can be looked at, I have seen members starting different threads outside of the book thread because they can't find what they are looking at.

This is not so much an issue now there is the option to search within an individual thread. That's at the bottom of the page... a new and very welcome inclusion from the new software.

Edited by Ray Bell, 12 January 2010 - 20:06.

#461 D-Type

D-Type

• 8,047 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 12:09

Is it worth expanding the "Read me" announcement to include a section saying "Please search first" and saying how to do so and a section saying how to post a link?

~This is not so much an issue now there is the option to search within an individual thread. That's at the bottom of the page... a new and very welcome inclusion from the new software.

Thanks Ray, I didn't realise that we now have this and was trying to use the old "Printable version > Control F" approach

#462 sramoa

sramoa

• 339 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 23:04

Today I made a new Group on Facebook!
VINTAGE U.S. OPEN WHEEL RACING
If somebody member and interesting this topic I waiting-join!

#463 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 53,882 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:18

I suggest that my ban from the 'Website Feedback' forum be brought to an end...

I have no idea why it exists, but I need to post there now. The reason for this is that opening pages in this forum is now very difficult. They just about complete opening and some kind of advert thing takes over... ads.revsci.net... then the screen goes white and stays that way. I have to click the back button then try to stop the page loading before this thing takes over.

Edited by Ray Bell, 23 February 2010 - 06:19.

#464 raceannouncer2003

raceannouncer2003

• 2,225 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 06:38

opening pages in this forum is now very difficult. They just about complete opening and some kind of advert thing takes over... ads.revsci.net... then the screen goes white and stays that way. I have to click the back button then try to stop the page loading before this thing takes over.

I don't know about the advert thing, but I am getting the white screen too. Anybody else?

Vince H.

#465 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 53,882 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:24

Originally posted by raceannouncer2003
I don't know about the advert thing, but I am getting the white screen too. Anybody else?

There's a thread about it in the 'Feedback' forum...

But I can't post there. You probably can.

#466 Ray Bell

Ray Bell

• 53,882 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:10

Seems like it's now fixed...

There are about a dozen posts on that thread in 'Website Feedback', the last one saying it's working fine now.

#467 kayemod

kayemod

• 7,186 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 13:19

Seems like it's now fixed...

There are about a dozen posts on that thread in 'Website Feedback', the last one saying it's working fine now.

I had the same problem this morning, never happened before, but I tried one related site, Autosport, and found the same thing, so I'd guess at a short-lived server problem. I normally use Firefox, but IE8 was no different. These sites work pretty well, we don't get many problems of this kind.

#468 Allan Lupton

Allan Lupton

• 3,034 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 13:27

I had the same problem this morning, never happened before, but I tried one related site, Autosport, and found the same thing, so I'd guess at a short-lived server problem. I normally use Firefox, but IE8 was no different. These sites work pretty well, we don't get many problems of this kind.

As I've now written in the feedback, the problem comes and goes, so working fine may be short-lived. My machine has only got IE6, not IE8 (as I use Firefox) and it doesn't seem to react in the same way.

#469 bschenker

bschenker

• 485 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 18:57

For my the same problem. After the white scren with attending "revsci.com", in the registri I found also a part whit this malware.

See this link: http://www.spywarere...moveRevsci.html

#470 wolf sun

wolf sun

• 483 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 10:29

I know that it has been discussed before, but is there absolutely no way of extending the search filter to make a single topic search possible?

My main problem is the 'book' thread, which I like to use as a shopping guide from time to time - that works fine if I'm looking for J.-P. Delsaux, but it's nigh on impossible when it comes to books on the Porsche 917.

Might well be that I'm not using the search filter cleverly enough to get what I want, if so, any advice would be well appreciated.

#471 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 14,324 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:11

I find that the 'Search Topic' box at the bottom left of every thread page works quite well for small-to-medium size threads, but I must admit I've never tried it on one as big as the books thread.

#472 wolf sun

wolf sun

• 483 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:37

I find that the 'Search Topic' box at the bottom left of every thread page works quite well for small-to-medium size threads, but I must admit I've never tried it on one as big as the books thread.

Blimey, I must be blind!!! :eek:

And what a well-mannered response ;-) ...shame on me.

#473 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 14,324 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 12:57

Blimey, I must be blind!!! :eek:

Not at all, Wolfgang - I hadn't spotted it until someone drew my attention to it in another thread. It's easily missed, especially when one expects to find it as an option in the 'Search' facility.

Edited by Tim Murray, 15 October 2010 - 19:36.

#474 Bjorn Kjer

Bjorn Kjer

• 3,623 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:20

The search function has and is often bespoken . Mostly because it is not up to date. The answer is we have to live with it ! That is ok on my behalf.

But how about many members took a look at the "search" before opening new threads ; again and again "new" ones pop up and even old members just follow these lines despite other mentioning the threads we have.

Would it not be possible to alert members "LOOK HERE BEFORE OPENING A NEW TREAD" or something like that ?

#475 kayemod

kayemod

• 7,186 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 10:37

Would it not be possible to alert members "LOOK HERE BEFORE OPENING A NEW TREAD" or something like that ?

Tak Bjørn, but I think that translates as "WATCH YOUR STEP!"

It seems like an age since the forum was comprehensively revamped, a few teething problems, almost all of which were sorted out pretty quickly, but there's one quite minor thing that continues to irk me just a little, could we have our 'free editing window' back? On the old forum, once your post appeared, you had a short period to make minor corrections, we've all had that experience when a post that appeared grammatically perfect when it left our screens, shows up with a minor typo when it appears on TNF. It's fine to show that a post has been edited when it's changed materially a day or so later, but this seems a bit unnecessary when the only change was to add a capital letter or something. Every forum seems to have a different way of dealing with this, on another I've been on from time to time, it's possible to edit freely for 30 minutes, and thereafter the post is locked, and changes can only be done by a Mod. This came about because too many people were going back to alter their posts in the light of later comments, in a desperate attempt, usually unsuccessful, to make it look as if they'd known what they were talking about all along. This isn't something that happens on TNF, or at least not that I've noticed, and it would be a nightmare for TW, but can't we have a few minutes after posting to make minor corrections, without making us all look like "Now what did I come upstairs for?" types.

#476 D-Type

D-Type

• 8,047 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:25

I like the idea of a "Free editing" period. I know you can preview a post, but I often miss typos.

On Bjorn's point, is there any way that we can have a simple "idiots guide" covering key issues such as
(1) The unwritten policy of "Don't re-create an existing topic". This is alien to most new membersas they are accustomed to other forums where topics die a natural death and don't remain open for ever. And an acid "Use the search facility!" doesn't exactly make a new member feel welcome
(2)

#477 Bjorn Kjer

Bjorn Kjer

• 3,623 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 11:49

I am puzzled , I can edit my mails ! (for anhour or so ?)

(1) You may be right , but the forums I have visited are not as large as the TNF , thus they may "die-out sooner. Here we come back again and again.

(2) Thats correct , I got slapped over my fingers ,when i started here years ago , not knowing about the search , but then again , when experienced members point to earlier threads , a new one ought to stop at once , yet it/he/they just continue.

I have been through most threads here , and in some cases found 3 small ones on the same topic , and other(s) with up to 20 single threads !

Now at "pointing out" , I don't mind the non-racing threads at all , but when a thread don't live up to what TNF is about there should be a sub-forum for those , like "Blood pressure" or "cars with longest running engines" . And we must remember not to load more work on Twinny.

Edited by Bjørn Kjer, 15 December 2010 - 11:51.

#478 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 13:27

I am puzzled , I can edit my mails ! (for anhour or so ?)

I suspect we call can
What others (and I) object to is our posts appearing - as does yours - with a note to say it's been edited, when the editing hardly justifies the word

Read Kayemod's post again :)

#479 D-Type

D-Type

• 8,047 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 16:29

And somehow the second half of mine with other suggestions for the idiot's guide - how to make links etc. - got lost. I'll sort it out when I have the time.

Advertisement

#480 Twin Window

Twin Window
  • Nostalgia Host

• 6,609 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 19:54

And we must remember not to load more work on Twinny.

Thank you!

With regard to the edit-notification messages, could someone please go to one of their posts as if they were going to edit it and tell me if, in the grey area under the 'Post Options' section, there is an 'Edit Options' section? There is for me, but it may be there due to my role. However if everyone can see it, then simply un-check the box and voila - no more edit messages!

#481 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Nostalgia Forum Moderator

• 24,071 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 20:19

Thank you!

With regard to the edit-notification messages, could someone please go to one of their posts as if they were going to edit it and tell me if, in the grey area under the 'Post Options' section, there is an 'Edit Options' section? There is for me, but it may be there due to my role. However if everyone can see it, then simply un-check the box and voila - no more edit messages!

Nope, not there: we peasants ;) have only "Enable emoticons?" and "Enable signatures?" Plus "Enable email notification of replies?" in the ordinary posting window.

#482 Twin Window

Twin Window
  • Nostalgia Host

• 6,609 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 21:23

Bugger.

I'll enquire as to what might be possible, tech-wise...

#483 kayemod

kayemod

• 7,186 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 23:50

Bugger.

I'll enquire as to what might be possible, tech-wise...

If it's any help, one forum of my acquaintance (this was a year or two ago, so it might not have stayed this way), allowed edits without any notification appearing for a short period, but after that, although editing was still allowed by the poster, they had to explain any changes, typo, correction, spelling mistake, talking out of my arse etc, so at least alterations were explained. It seems a bit pointless to say a post has been edited on TNF as happens now, when it was only a capital letter added, or something equally minor, why bother to advertise the fact? Weren't we allowed a short period of editing without an extra line appearing until the forum was updated? I just think that the current way of doing things makes us look indecisive and untidy, which is a bit unnecessary, when our only aim is grammatical and lexicographic and orthographic perfection at all times.

#484 Twin Window

Twin Window
  • Nostalgia Host

• 6,609 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 00:37

I understand, appreciate and sympathise with the editing subject under discussion. Please bear with me as I need to enrole the techie chaps in order to - hopefully - address this matter.

Let me remind you that this particular restriction came into being as a direct result of my [accidental] discovery that Don Capps was, some six years ago, caught deliberately going through all his old posts and deleting his words. Sad, but true...

#485 Bjorn Kjer

Bjorn Kjer

• 3,623 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 06:17

Well ,that says a lot , or more perhaps , enough!

#486 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 08:14

My memory was that we could edit our own posts without the world knowing for a set period - 24 hours? 7 days? - but after that couldn't edit them at all. I think that's a reasonable system

#487 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 14,324 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 09:10

My recollection is that the 'without the world knowing' period was fairly brief - 5 or 10 minutes. After that, any editing was recorded as it is now. I can't remember how long you were allowed to edit posts, but it was no more than a few days.

#488 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 10:44

You're probably right, Tim

#489 D-Type

D-Type

• 8,047 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 11:30

Editing posts

There are a few options
(1) You can edit a post no matter how old (1minute or 10 years) and the edit is recorded (present situation)
(2) You can edit a post no matter how old. For a set period, say 1 hour, the edit is not recorded. After that it is recorded (What people are asking for)
(3) You can edit a post for a short period and the edit is not recorded (What some other forums do)
(4) You can edit a post for a short period and the edit is recorded (What some other forums do)
(5) You can't edit at all (A couple of forums are like this)

Because of the nature of some threads on here, it is useful to be able to correct an earlier post when new facts come to light. But if we have this we should have a mandatory "State reason for edit".
Personally, I could live with not being able to do so, but it could be clumsy on long threads.
Given my propensity for typos, I must have as a minimum, a period where I can correct what I have just uploaded. Say an hour

Keeping threads open "for ever"

Because of the nature of TNF with discussion and amplification of some threads, this is a "must have". The downside is that this is unusual and new, or relatively new members don't appreciate that it's there and post queries that have been answered in whole or in part previously. And a terse "Do a search" can be misinterpreted.

We need the "Forum Etiquette" sticky to briefly explain the policy and say "Please do a search for similar topics, no matter how old, before starting a new thread and add to an existing one where possible"

Idiot's guide
This is what was cut off my earlier post. It could be in a "Frequently asked Questions" announcement or sticky. To cover

"How do I do a search?" - Key points are: to use advanced search and search only TNF, use keywords sensibly and if you get too many answers refine it with an extra keyword, if you get too few try another keyword or an alternative spelling.

"How do I search a long thread?" - It's not intuitive so we need to say "Use the button at bottom left"

"How do I create a link to a thread?". Some regular posters haven't grasped this one yet. We need a step-by-step instruction on the lines of: copy the URL, use "Insert quote", put your title, paste URL, preview thread, after posting check the link works.

"How do I link to a post within a thread?" - I admit to forgetting this one as I don't do it regularly. [Edit: I've remembered - It's click on the post number, etc]

"How do I post a picture?". We need an explanation of what is required - that you have to post elsewhere on the web and ..." and Ray's current step be step instructions to use Image shack if that's still the prepared option. Maybe similar instructions for Flickr etc, and add see the theread "Posting Images" for clarification of other problems.

Edited when I spotted a couple of typos

Edited by D-Type, 10 January 2011 - 16:43.

#490 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 14,324 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:40

I'd certainly plump for Duncan's editing option 2, and would also like to see the 'Idiot's guide' incorporated into Twinny's 'Read Me' sticky at the top of the page.

One feature of the search engine that causes me regular grief is the unnecessary interim page that appears between the search engine and the results that tells you:

Thanks. Your search has been completed, please stand by as we take you to the search results. Please wait while we transfer you ... (Or click here if you do not wish to wait)

which you then have to 'jump over' on your way back to the search engine - if you remember - otherwise you get bunged back into the search results you have just come from. Is there any way that this redundant page could be got rid of, please?

Edited by Tim Murray, 17 December 2010 - 12:42.

#491 David McKinney

David McKinney

• 14,156 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:44

Because of the nature of some threads on here, it is useful to be able to correct an earlier post when new factas come to light. But if we have this we should have a mandatory "State reason for edit".

... and such amendments should be noted in a new post in the same thread (otherwise regulars will never see them)

I know I've missed information, and photographs, when I go to the "last unread", which I would have thought logical, and see a reference to a statement or image I don't remember, and only then find out it was added perhaps days later

Edited by David McKinney, 17 December 2010 - 12:45.

#492 retriever

retriever

• 394 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 13:48

I am concerned about the infringement of copyright relating to pictures posted. Web photo theft is rampant these days. Because of this I have decided to delete my images after a short period of time before they are copied by all and sundry and start appearing on sites like Fotki and others under the name of somebody's 'collection'.

My problem is when fellow TNFers repeat pictures in their own subsequent submissions. I cannot delete these, only request that they be deleted by messaging.

Cannot there be a facility whereby there was an option box to tick when submitting images which disabled the repeating of the image on another's submission to the forum.

Robin Pearson
Nynehead Books/
Roundoak Publishing

#493 Bjorn Kjer

Bjorn Kjer

• 3,623 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 14:01

Can anyone here explain to me why threads keep pouring in allthough many excact or alike are to find through the search ? The more that comes , the more difficult it is to find anything without going through a lot of pages ! (The lates I noticed is Senna and Clark . We have Senna on Clark with 189 replies .)

#494 kayemod

kayemod

• 7,186 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 14:12

Can anyone here explain to me why threads keep pouring in allthough many excact or alike are to find through the search ? The more that comes , the more difficult it is to find anything without going through a lot of pages ! (The lates I noticed is Senna and Clark . We have Senna on Clark with 189 replies .)

It seems to me as if many recent arrivals think that the plea to search existing threads before starting a new one, doesn't apply to them.

#495 Tim Murray

Tim Murray

• 14,324 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 15:30

I agree absolutely that it's always a good idea to check via the search facility that one is not about to raise a topic which has been addressed previously. However, the recent 'Clark and Senna' thread is about a possible physical resemblance between the two, which was not addressed at all in the earlier thread mentioned by Bjørn. It would help, of course, if people gave a little more thought to the titles of threads they start, so that the exact subject being covered is made as clear as possible in the title. This would greatly aid future searches.

#496 Vitesse2

Vitesse2

• 24,071 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 16:55

I am concerned about the infringement of copyright relating to pictures posted. Web photo theft is rampant these days. Because of this I have decided to delete my images after a short period of time before they are copied by all and sundry and start appearing on sites like Fotki and others under the name of somebody's 'collection'.

My problem is when fellow TNFers repeat pictures in their own subsequent submissions. I cannot delete these, only request that they be deleted by messaging.

Cannot there be a facility whereby there was an option box to tick when submitting images which disabled the repeating of the image on another's submission to the forum.

Robin Pearson
Nynehead Books/
Roundoak Publishing

Once you have deleted them from your server (or changed their URL) they will not appear in any subsequent post since they will be trying to access the same address.

It seems to me as if many recent arrivals think that the plea to search existing threads before starting a new one, doesn't apply to them.

Errrm ... what plea? There is no longer anything of the sort visible.

#497 kayemod

kayemod

• 7,186 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 17:09

Errrm ... what plea? There is no longer anything of the sort visible.

Oh yes it is, not quite as prominent as perhaps it should be, but it's in TW's Announcement * TNF's Read Me * etc under Forum Etiquette.

#498 Dhango

Dhango

• 36 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 20:20

Please use this place to leave your comments, suggestions, observations or anything else you'd like to raise with regard to TNF.

For those who'd prefer to communicate with me privately, please PM or email me.

Over to you...!

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Hi man
I've got a question, because sometimes technology overruns me. ¿How you post that catching frases (most of the time in blue) on the bottom of your thread, those that appear any time you post a thread or a reply. Those are really nice things, like a trade mark for a member. The instructions in there seems to be very clear but I don't get it, or I missing something, or doing something wrong, I don't know. ¿Any help?

#499 Vitesse2

Vitesse2

• 24,071 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 20:46

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Hi man
I've got a question, because sometimes technology overruns me. ¿How you post that catching frases (most of the time in blue) on the bottom of your thread, those that appear any time you post a thread or a reply. Those are really nice things, like a trade mark for a member. The instructions in there seems to be very clear but I don't get it, or I missing something, or doing something wrong, I don't know. ¿Any help?

Click on "My Controls" at the top of the page and then "Edit Signature" on the left of the page that appears. You can then type in whatever you would like to appear. When you have finished, click on the "Update my signature" button below the text box: that text will now appear at the bottom of all your posts - even the ones which already exist!

Advertisement

#500 rallen

rallen

• 545 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 11:43

All the historical threads seem to have no messages to display anymore. I wanted to look into something, did a seach and although it said how many messages were in a thread, when I clicked on it, it was blank. Has our archive been wiped?