Jump to content


Photo

The 'Suggestion Box'


  • Please log in to reply
643 replies to this topic

#351 pilota

pilota
  • Member

  • 199 posts
  • Joined: July 05

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:52

Originally posted by MattKellett
Or how about a separate forum for motorsport books and dvd's? The books thread is so long now, that recommendations and reviews can easily be lost!
Matt

This is an excellent idea. Then each book title could have its own thread - so much easier to find information, opinions etc that way.
Nathan

Advertisement

#352 RA Historian

RA Historian
  • Member

  • 3,423 posts
  • Joined: October 06

Posted 04 October 2008 - 03:10

ENOUGH of the annoying pop up ads!!!!

#353 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Nostalgia Forum Moderator

  • 24,284 posts
  • Joined: April 01

Posted 04 October 2008 - 08:53

Originally posted by RA Historian
ENOUGH of the annoying pop up ads!!!!

Try this:

http://adblockplus.org/en/

;)

#354 fines

fines
  • Member

  • 9,647 posts
  • Joined: September 00

Posted 04 October 2008 - 09:11

Originally posted by RA Historian
ENOUGH of the annoying pop up ads!!!!

:confused:

I haven't had any since don't know when! I agree, they ARE annoying, but you click them away and that's it - I certainly wouldn't consider installing web software to get rid of the problem, though, pop-ups are the lesser evil in my eyes.

#355 Doug Nye

Doug Nye
  • Member

  • 8,363 posts
  • Joined: February 02

Posted 14 October 2008 - 21:06

Originally posted by petefenelon
Is it perhaps time to give the two wheel fans their own forums where they can sort out their own thread structure? The success of the two big motorcycle GP threads seems to suggest there's enough interest in a Bike Nostalgia Forum, and now Autosport covers MotoGP perhaps it's time for a two-wheel RC for the modern MotoGP/Superbikes etc.?

The sheer bulk of the motorbike nostalgia thread made it too difficult to get into. A two-wheeled TNF in which a bunch of threads could evolve would be much more accessible both to the dedicated bikers and the casual fan.


I absolutely concur with Pete's view. Separate motor-cycle topic threads would be a major improvement in this place...

DCN

#356 Paul Parker

Paul Parker
  • Member

  • 1,708 posts
  • Joined: October 02

Posted 15 October 2008 - 12:48

Doug Nye quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by petefenelon
Is it perhaps time to give the two wheel fans their own forums where they can sort out their own thread structure? The success of the two big motorcycle GP threads seems to suggest there's enough interest in a Bike Nostalgia Forum, and now Autosport covers MotoGP perhaps it's time for a two-wheel RC for the modern MotoGP/Superbikes etc.?

The sheer bulk of the motorbike nostalgia thread made it too difficult to get into. A two-wheeled TNF in which a bunch of threads could evolve would be much more accessible both to the dedicated bikers and the casual fan.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



I absolutely concur with Pete's view. Separate motor-cycle topic threads would be a major improvement in this place...

DCN

I agree too.

#357 Twin Window

Twin Window
  • Nostalgia Host

  • 6,611 posts
  • Joined: May 04

Posted 15 October 2008 - 21:33

I can only refer you to what I wrote on post #349...

#358 Bjorn Kjer

Bjorn Kjer
  • Member

  • 3,623 posts
  • Joined: February 06

Posted 16 October 2008 - 06:40

After having been critisized and called names by some of the older members for a long time (years) , I decided to hold back,but take this as an opportunity to say what I feel regarding threads :

I still believe this to be the greatest site for motorsport lovers , and I have learned to live with the SearchBB as it is , at times very consuming to work with.

I have more than once pointed to the problem mentioned here ,but unfortunately lost my interest in trying to suggest or help for reducing the problems , getting tired of the lack of interest or , as above mentioned the call of names or critics.

In the end it is all up to the members , off which older ones(long membership) are very good at "letting go" and too many newbees does not read the Stickers , and in too many cases continue to go off topic or open double or more threads.

Call me what you like.

#359 B Squared

B Squared
  • Member

  • 3,165 posts
  • Joined: September 08

Posted 07 November 2008 - 19:00

I too was having alot of the "pop up" ads. They are now nonexistent. I didn't do anything to my computer, taking fines advice. So, it appears, the suggestion was taken to heart. Thank you.

Brian

Advertisement

#360 Tony Lethbridge

Tony Lethbridge
  • Member

  • 143 posts
  • Joined: February 07

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:00

I've done a brief check to see if this has been raised before, so if it has my apologies in advance.

Would it be possible to have a place to 'talk about model cars'? The book thread is very popular and there would seem to be plenty of members who collect models in various sclaes so maybe a thread with news of the latest releases, where to obtain old or rare models or general information could prove useful. For example I have just purchased a very nice 1/43 1970 Matra MS120 by Spark but am told that they are selling out very fast.

What do others feel about such a thread?

#361 Bjorn Kjer

Bjorn Kjer
  • Member

  • 3,623 posts
  • Joined: February 06

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:46

Tony , there are various threads on model car of all sizes , but appearantly none is keeping going on , so why dont you just open one to your liking . That is what everyone does here ! I will support it !

#362 Tony Lethbridge

Tony Lethbridge
  • Member

  • 143 posts
  • Joined: February 07

Posted 02 January 2009 - 17:10

Thanks Bjorn. Will do just that. By the way the Matra goes beautifully with the Spark Matra transporter!

#363 D-Type

D-Type
  • Member

  • 8,059 posts
  • Joined: February 03

Posted 25 February 2009 - 22:52

I can understand the policy that threads relating to the year before last, or however they choose to define history, get moved from Racing Comments to TNF. However, after recent experiences can I suggest that the moderator who moves the thread makes a posting saying that it has been moved from RC so we know.
It would be too much to say "You've been moved, now be polite" but there must be some form of words that could be used to put over that message.

#364 terry mcgrath

terry mcgrath
  • Member

  • 484 posts
  • Joined: September 03

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:32

hello,
what would be involved in making it simple to load photos I am on a forum www.team-bhp.com and www.xk-data.com that are so simple. Even some of your 1000 posters note it is a pain
regards terry

"Photo duly posted...a bit of a hassle though, as ImageShack have changed
their template. No wonder people give up!"

#365 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4
  • Member

  • 6,958 posts
  • Joined: February 03

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:09

Originally posted by terry mcgrath
hello,
what would be involved in making it simple to load photos I am on a forum www.team-bhp.com and www.xk-data.com that are so simple. Even some of your 1000 posters note it is a pain
regards terry

"Photo duly posted...a bit of a hassle though, as ImageShack have changed
their template. No wonder people give up!"


A moments silence for the hundreds of grey boxes that were once fabulous images here...

I have suggested it before...storage is dirt cheap these days TNF...start a suppository (oops!)...I mean a repository for peoples uploads so that they are not lost every time someone changes their file structure or buys a new computer :rolleyes:

#366 ensign14

ensign14
  • Member

  • 37,363 posts
  • Joined: December 01

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:30

Just thinking about the book thread now it's been un-stuck...do we need one big thread for all reviews/notices of new publications? Would it be better to have individual threads about recommendations?

#367 Adam F

Adam F
  • Member

  • 430 posts
  • Joined: October 02

Posted 11 March 2009 - 13:50

It would have been nice if the Suggestion Box thread had been used to suggest/debate the "unstickying" of the Books thread, instead of just implementing it without any consultation.

But par for the course.............

#368 David Beard

David Beard
  • Member

  • 4,888 posts
  • Joined: July 02

Posted 11 March 2009 - 14:22

Originally posted by Adam F
It would have been nice if the Suggestion Box thread had been used to suggest/debate the "unstickying" of the Books thread, instead of just implementing it without any consultation.

But par for the course.............


I take it you would like to take over the job of moderator, Adam? (Seems to me it's a thankless task and we should be grateful that anyone is prepared to tackle it)

#369 Adam F

Adam F
  • Member

  • 430 posts
  • Joined: October 02

Posted 11 March 2009 - 15:43

Originally posted by David Beard
I take it you would like to take over the job of moderator, Adam? (Seems to me it's a thankless task and we should be grateful that anyone is prepared to tackle it)


That's actually a non sequitur, David. But no, I wouldn't.
However that doesn't stop me caring about how things are done.
After all, other forums manage it :)

ADAM

#370 Hieronymus

Hieronymus
  • Member

  • 2,031 posts
  • Joined: May 02

Posted 11 March 2009 - 18:44

I suggest we make the Books thread a sticky again and rather remove the Introduce Yourself sticky. Most chaps on the latter introduce themselves, but hardly ever make a contribution thereafter...

#371 Victor_RO

Victor_RO
  • RC Forum Host

  • 2,810 posts
  • Joined: March 09

Posted 13 March 2009 - 19:48

Originally posted by Hieronymus
Most chaps on the latter introduce themselves, but hardly ever make a contribution thereafter...


Not necessarily. It's polite to introduce yourself before you want to make a valuable contribution. :rolleyes:

#372 Frank S

Frank S
  • Member

  • 2,157 posts
  • Joined: September 02

Posted 13 March 2009 - 19:59

Are stickies rationed? One sticky, more or less, can't make much difference, can it?

#373 Pils1989

Pils1989
  • Member

  • 1,111 posts
  • Joined: December 02

Posted 13 March 2009 - 20:06

Originally posted by Victor_RO


Not necessarily. It's polite to introduce yourself before you want to make a valuable contribution. :rolleyes:


and it makes easier to know who's behind a nickname too.

#374 kayemod

kayemod
  • Member

  • 7,199 posts
  • Joined: August 05

Posted 13 March 2009 - 20:14

Originally posted by terry mcgrath
hello,
what would be involved in making it simple to load photos I am on a forum www.team-bhp.com and www.xk-data.com that are so simple. Even some of your 1000 posters note it is a pain
regards terry

"Photo duly posted...a bit of a hassle though, as ImageShack have changed
their template. No wonder people give up!"


I think the fact that there are four pages of 'How to post your photos' info is eloquent testimony to how difficult it is on this forum. I'm not a habitual forum user, but on this one it's far more difficult than anywhere else I've encountered, on most other forums it's just a case of clicking on a 'browse' box when you post, then clicking on a pic on your own computer, why can't we do it that way here? I keep on seeing comments from useful long-term TNF contributors that they'd love to post pics, but can't understand the system. In my own case, it's largely a hatred of ImageShack and PhotoBucket, possibly a bit irrational, but there we are.

And while I'm here, any chance of getting the books sticky reinstated? If we had a vote on that, not much doubt what the result would be.

#375 Ray Bell

Ray Bell
  • Member

  • 53,993 posts
  • Joined: December 99

Posted 13 March 2009 - 22:37

Originally posted by kayemod
.....I keep on seeing comments from useful long-term TNF contributors that they'd love to post pics, but can't understand the system. In my own case, it's largely a hatred of ImageShack and PhotoBucket, possibly a bit irrational, but there we are.....


I can certainly understand that... some have been around a long time and frequently mentioned they'd like to post pics but can't work it out...

The problem, the real problem, seems to stem from the fact that they don't understand how the system works. That the photo has to be uploaded to a site, then the cue is sent from their post to retrieve it and put it up within their post.

Once you understand that, it's an easy process. Whether or not you use Imageshack, Tinypic, Photobucket or any of the others is a matter of personal choice.

Just why you 'hate' them I don't understand. They're sitting there ready to hold your pics for all time if you want them, and at no cost. But there is an alternative.

You probably have webspace with your ISP deal... you can use that if you want. It's a bit trickier, but once you understand it (that word again!) it's a piece of cake. I know one of my ISPs allows 30mb of storage, that's an awful lot of pics. Many only allow 5mb, some 10mb. What are the terms of your ISP deal? Is it worth pursuing that to find a way around your problem?

The simplest way of explaining why you can't upload to this site is that it would increase the bandwidth usage of the site enormously. That costs money, you (and I) get to use the forums free. I know, others do it, but do they have the traffic of this site?

#376 D-Type

D-Type
  • Member

  • 8,059 posts
  • Joined: February 03

Posted 13 March 2009 - 23:03

I wonder... is the answer to extract key posts from the "How to post pictures" thread and post them in a single locked thread. Something like:
Basic explanation of the logic similar to what Ray just posted
Step by step idiot guide with screenshots like the one that is somehere in the four pages
Trouble shooting: the usual questions - getting rid of the /IMG tags, the consequence of double clicking, how to delete a duff try etc

The idea of "experiment here" was a good one originally but the effect has been to lose the basic instructions.

As a complete klutz when it comes to computers I've never wanted to scan a picture at work then e-mail it to home, download it to my PC and then have to work out how to post it

#377 kayemod

kayemod
  • Member

  • 7,199 posts
  • Joined: August 05

Posted 13 March 2009 - 23:19

Originally posted by D-Type
I wonder... is the answer to extract key posts from the "How to post pictures" thread and post them in a single locked thread. Something like:
Basic explanation of the logic similar to what Ray just posted
Step by step idiot guide with screenshots like the one that is somehere in the four pages
Trouble shooting: the usual questions - getting rid of the /IMG tags, the consequence of double clicking, how to delete a duff try etc

The idea of "experiment here" was a good one originally but the effect has been to lose the basic instructions.

As a complete klutz when it comes to computers I've never wanted to scan a picture at work then e-mail it to home, download it to my PC and then have to work out how to post it


That would indeed be a move in the right direction. I'm not knocking anything in particular in the 'How to post pics' thread, but how is any newcomer supposed to weed out the essentials from four pages of posts, some of which appear (at least to me, he added hastily) to give confusing, even conflicting advice?

#378 Twin Window

Twin Window
  • Nostalgia Host

  • 6,611 posts
  • Joined: May 04

Posted 13 March 2009 - 23:23

Originally posted by Frank S

Are stickies rationed?

Yes and no; I have been expected to reduce the number of stickies since day one - and have, to an extent (and I'm not just referring to the recent ones) - yet TNF still has way more than any other forum here on Atlas.

Originally posted by D-Type

I wonder... is the answer to extract key posts from the "How to post pictures" thread and post them in a single locked thread.

I had another prune the other day, but it's very time-consuming and the system is far from user-friendly from my perspective. However, given time, that is my aim.

The idea of "experiment here" was a good one

It was never the idea to use that thread for practice - members just took it upon themselves to do so!

:up:

#379 Ray Bell

Ray Bell
  • Member

  • 53,993 posts
  • Joined: December 99

Posted 14 March 2009 - 12:05

Indeed... if you wanted to experiment, there's a whole world of it open to you every time you post...

Check it out. Right next to the 'Submit Reply' button there's a 'Preview Reply' button. That enables you to see how your post would look without posting it.

Then you go post your pic in the thread to which it belongs.

Advertisement

#380 David McKinney

David McKinney
  • Member

  • 14,156 posts
  • Joined: November 00

Posted 14 March 2009 - 14:23

...or if that's too difficult, delete the post as soon as you've seen it :)

#381 bradbury west

bradbury west
  • Member

  • 4,589 posts
  • Joined: June 02

Posted 14 March 2009 - 22:08

[i]Originally posted by kayemod
That would indeed be a move in the right direction. I'm not knocking anything in particular in the 'How to post pics' thread, but how is any newcomer supposed to weed out the essentials from four pages of posts, some of which appear (at least to me, he added hastily) to give confusing, even conflicting advice? [/B]

I always refer people to BB Search Eifelrennen 1934, page 9 post 351 ; Ray's idiots' guide
Also Pictures from the Paddock post 2245 IIRC
RL

#382 Frank S

Frank S
  • Member

  • 2,157 posts
  • Joined: September 02

Posted 14 March 2009 - 22:32

Originally posted by Twin Window
(In reply to "Are stickies rationed?")
Yes and no; I have been expected to reduce the number of stickies since day one - and have, to an extent (and I'm not just referring to the recent ones) - yet TNF still has way more than any other forum here on Atlas.

OK.

WHY have you been expected to reduce their number?

#383 Roger Clark

Roger Clark
  • Member

  • 6,034 posts
  • Joined: February 00

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:12

I can understand an argument for reducing the number of stickies. If there is interest in a thread it will stay current by usage. Regulars can usually find an old thread and there are plenty of people more than willing to point a newcomer in the right direction if he inadvertently starts a new thread. I don't see the value of a stickie thread advertising the sale of T-Shirts, but I accept that other people may want reminders of their availability.

It would certainly be better for the general health of the forum if there was some discussion before popular old threads are removed from the stickie list. Those of us who have been around for a long time have to accept that things have changed. It's not the worst thing that has happened this weekend.

#384 275 GTB-4

275 GTB-4
  • Member

  • 6,958 posts
  • Joined: February 03

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:53

Originally posted by Ray Bell


I can certainly understand that... some have been around a long time and frequently mentioned they'd like to post pics but can't work it out...

The problem, the real problem, seems to stem from the fact that they don't understand how the system works. That the photo has to be uploaded to a site, then the cue is sent from their post to retrieve it and put it up within their post.

Once you understand that, it's an easy process. Whether or not you use Imageshack, Tinypic, Photobucket or any of the others is a matter of personal choice.

Just why you 'hate' them I don't understand. They're sitting there ready to hold your pics for all time if you want them, and at no cost. But there is an alternative.

You probably have webspace with your ISP deal... you can use that if you want. It's a bit trickier, but once you understand it (that word again!) it's a piece of cake. I know one of my ISPs allows 30mb of storage, that's an awful lot of pics. Many only allow 5mb, some 10mb. What are the terms of your ISP deal? Is it worth pursuing that to find a way around your problem?

The simplest way of explaining why you can't upload to this site is that it would increase the bandwidth usage of the site enormously. That costs money, you (and I) get to use the forums free. I know, others do it, but do they have the traffic of this site?


and what happens when people change their ISP :rolleyes: It is a competitive market out there after all...the answer is plain as the nose on your face...TNF needs to provide a hosting site if it is interested in maintaining the images that so often enhance discussion in this place :up:

#385 kayemod

kayemod
  • Member

  • 7,199 posts
  • Joined: August 05

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:28

Originally posted by 275 GTB-4


and what happens when people change their ISP :rolleyes: It is a competitive market out there after all...the answer is plain as the nose on your face...TNF needs to provide a hosting site if it is interested in maintaining the images that so often enhance discussion in this place :up:


Plenty of other forums do this now, it doesn't seem to increase their costs or cause bandwidth problems. Pardon me if I've missed an earlier explanation that went over my head technically, but I'll repeat my earlier question, when we want to add one of our own pics, why can't TNF have an option to tick a 'browse' box, so we can add one from our own computer? I can count other forums I've visited on the fingers of one hand, thumb not required, but they all had this option, and most of them were at least as populous as TNF.

#386 fbarrett

fbarrett
  • Member

  • 1,002 posts
  • Joined: January 08

Posted 16 March 2009 - 18:26

A suggestion:

Instead of unstickying (did we just invent a new word?) the book thread, find a way for forum participants to "sticky" their own favorite threads such that they automatically show up at the top of "their" list.

If that's impossible, here's another vote to unsticky the book thread!

Frank

#387 David McKinney

David McKinney
  • Member

  • 14,156 posts
  • Joined: November 00

Posted 16 March 2009 - 20:03

Originally posted by fbarrett
...find a way for forum participants to "sticky" their own favorite threads such that they automatically show up at the top of "their" list.

I like that idea :up:

#388 Ray Bell

Ray Bell
  • Member

  • 53,993 posts
  • Joined: December 99

Posted 16 March 2009 - 21:09

Again, there is an option to cover that...

You can record a thread in your User Control Panel as a 'subscribed' thread and be advised every time there's a post.

#389 David McKinney

David McKinney
  • Member

  • 14,156 posts
  • Joined: November 00

Posted 16 March 2009 - 23:17

I'm aware of that, but it's not for me
I spend a lot of time at my computer, and from time to time take a break from whatever I'm working on to check out TNF
I don't want any more interruptions than I already get ):

#390 jtremlett

jtremlett
  • Member

  • 48 posts
  • Joined: February 07

Posted 18 March 2009 - 15:45

On the subject of sticky threads (here's another vote for re-instating the book thread as a sticky, by the way) can someone explain why the 'New members read this before posting', 'Copyright infringements' and 'How to post pictures' all need to be separate sticky threads? Surely a bit of judicious tidying up to give a single 'Information about posting' thread of half a page or so would be preferable?

Jonathan

#391 Allan Lupton

Allan Lupton
  • Member

  • 3,042 posts
  • Joined: March 06

Posted 18 March 2009 - 15:52

Originally posted by jtremlett
On the subject of sticky threads (here's another vote for re-instating the book thread as a sticky, by the way) can someone explain why the 'New members read this before posting', 'Copyright infringements' and 'How to post pictures' all need to be separate sticky threads? Surely a bit of judicious tidying up to give a single 'Information about posting' thread of half a page or so would be preferable?

Jonathan


And if you do what's suggested (and I'd vote for that), lock it so that it really is just a set of instructions/rules and does not become a discussion thread.
As has already been said, the "How to post pictures" thread is so long (because of the discussion, attempts to follow instructions, etc.) that its message is quite well hidden.

#392 fines

fines
  • Member

  • 9,647 posts
  • Joined: September 00

Posted 18 March 2009 - 16:02

Yes, you should delete all irrelevant posts*, and then close the thread! :up:

* Probably means, all posts except Ray Bell's!

#393 kayemod

kayemod
  • Member

  • 7,199 posts
  • Joined: August 05

Posted 18 March 2009 - 16:05

Originally posted by Allan Lupton


And if you do what's suggested (and I'd vote for that), lock it so that it really is just a set of instructions/rules and does not become a discussion thread.
As has already been said, the "How to post pictures" thread is so long (because of the discussion, attempts to follow instructions, etc.) that its message is quite well hidden.


A very good suggestion. If the 'How to post your pics' thread could be locked containing concise, non-contradictory and reasonably easy to follow instructions from Ray or someone else who really understands the subject, it might actually achieve it's purpose, at the moment it doesn't do that. Have a separate discussion on the same subject by all means, but not the confusing and much too long jumble of well-meant advice that's there at the moment.

#394 Twin Window

Twin Window
  • Nostalgia Host

  • 6,611 posts
  • Joined: May 04

Posted 18 March 2009 - 16:11

Originally posted by jtremlett

On the subject of sticky threads ... can someone explain why the 'New members read this before posting', 'Copyright infringements' and 'How to post pictures' all need to be separate sticky threads? Surely a bit of judicious tidying up to give a single 'Information about posting' thread of half a page or so would be preferable?

Come to think of it, Jonathan, that's an excellent idea.

Originally posted by Allan Lupton

And if you do what's suggested (and I'd vote for that), lock it so that it really is just a set of instructions/rules and does not become a discussion thread.
As has already been said, the "How to post pictures" thread is so long (because of the discussion, attempts to follow instructions, etc.) that its message is quite well hidden.

I addressed this point (again) on post 378, Allan...

#395 Hieronymus

Hieronymus
  • Member

  • 2,031 posts
  • Joined: May 02

Posted 18 March 2009 - 17:20

Remove locked stickies, since monologues serve no purpose in a democratic society amongst educated (hopefully) individuals.

#396 jtremlett

jtremlett
  • Member

  • 48 posts
  • Joined: February 07

Posted 19 March 2009 - 15:37

I must say a big thumbs up to Twinny for looking at, and acting upon, my and other suggestions. Thank you!

Jonathan

#397 fbarrett

fbarrett
  • Member

  • 1,002 posts
  • Joined: January 08

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:15

Folks:

TNF is a totally amazing place, filled with the knowledge and experience of thousands of enthusiasts. Is anyone archiving all of the threads and posts, or will they eventually just fade into the ether? I sure hope not! If they are (or are not) being archived, perhaps this could be explained in a sticky? I've searched but found nothing on this topic, so if I'm all wet, please let me know.

Frank

#398 Stephen W

Stephen W
  • Member

  • 11,735 posts
  • Joined: December 04

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:24

Would it be possible to introduce a Multi-Quote Option so that you could easily incule quotes from 2 or more posts in a thread?

:wave:

#399 kayemod

kayemod
  • Member

  • 7,199 posts
  • Joined: August 05

Posted 21 April 2009 - 09:43

Originally posted by Stephen W
Would it be possible to introduce a Multi-Quote Option so that you could easily incule quotes from 2 or more posts in a thread?

:wave:


I think that's there already in some form. Wouldn't have a clue how to do it myself, but others seem to manage to do it. Not top of my priorities though, I'm still waiting for pigs to fly/hell to freeze over/Atlas to introduce a simpler way to post pics...

Advertisement

#400 Vitesse2

Vitesse2
  • Nostalgia Forum Moderator

  • 24,284 posts
  • Joined: April 01

Posted 21 April 2009 - 10:32

Originally posted by Stephen W
Would it be possible to introduce a Multi-Quote Option so that you could easily incule quotes from 2 or more posts in a thread?

:wave:

It seems to be available in the latest versions of vBulletin, so I'd guess it will come with the promised upgrade. :)

Originally posted by kayemod
I think that's there already in some form. Wouldn't have a clue how to do it myself, but others seem to manage to do it.

Not difficult without it though - just a bit of copy/paste! Takes about 10 seconds.