Photo

Dutch TNF gathering, anyone?

• Please log in to reply
471 replies to this topic

#401 Henk Vasmel

Henk Vasmel

• 160 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 20:07

It will be next week and no reaction since May. While I am not sure I can make it, it would be nice to know what is going to happen, so I know whether to make some efforts to come to Zandvoort that day. I have already prepared a nice booklet if there is going to be a meeting, but I still have to print it. I'd like to know if it will be worth it to do so.

Henk Vasmel

Advertisement

#402 Arjan de Roos

Arjan de Roos

• 2,086 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:11

Hello Henk,

Next weekend is not be missed for anyone interested in (historic) racing at Zandvoort. Will be there.

Arjan

#403 Pink Snail

Pink Snail

• 519 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:45

Hi everyone, I was hoping to get to Zandvoort but now can`t make it. The date is normally used by Donington but Masters have decided to celebrate with Zandvoort this year. The series is gathering in popularity because the racing is serious, not just an `exhibiton drive` of expensive cars. The teams and drivers are all nice people and will invite you into the garages with open arms (if they have no work to do on the cars!).
I hope to get over to Zandvoort one day, and I hope the TNFrs have a great time next weekend. The Pink Snail will probably appear on a few of the F1 cars aswell so I will be there as a sticker but not in person!!

#404 Ted Walker

Ted Walker

• 1,432 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 16:12

Yes I will be there with the Historic F2 crowd. Looking forward to it,hope the weather will be better than in the UK at the moment !!!!!!!!

#405 lustigson

lustigson

• 4,751 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:12

I'll be there on Friday morning, only. Hope to introduce my 2 boys (of 4 and 1 years old) to live motor racing. :-)

#406 lustigson

lustigson

• 4,751 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 21:16

I was at the Circuit Park Zandvoort with the missus and the boys, today. Had a great time in the paddock checking out the many Formula 1 cars of the 50s and 60s, while the boys were impressed with the noise of the various cars.

Oh, and I bumped into René on the boulevard. What a coincidence! :)

#407 René de Boer

René de Boer

• 400 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 08:17

I was at the Circuit Park Zandvoort with the missus and the boys, today. Had a great time in the paddock checking out the many Formula 1 cars of the 50s and 60s, while the boys were impressed with the noise of the various cars.

Oh, and I bumped into René on the boulevard. What a coincidence! :)

We had some kind of mini-TNF-meeting...;) Sorry for not having responded for a while, but have been ridiculously busy with DTM, book projects, a press conference, and became a father for the second time four weeks ago.

Anyone wanting to find me at Zandvoort: I am usually in the media centre or not too far away from there.

#408 René de Boer

René de Boer

• 400 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 20:35

Gentlemen (and ladies, if any...),

Before most of the European racing season gets underway, it would be nice to have another meeting.

However, due to busy schedules, I suggest we try having a midweek session instead of a weekend affair. So what about the following:

Wednesday, April 3rd
Optional dinner from 18.00 till 19.00
TNF Gathering from 19.00 till ?
at Van der Valk-Hotel 'De Cantharel' in Apeldoorn

Forum member Henk A. Hazelaar has a touring car (as in: bus) available, so he can pick people up from the railway station, if required.

Hope to see many of you there!

#409 lustigson

lustigson

• 4,751 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 20:50

Sounds good. I have an other meeting planned, but is like to be there. Looking forward to it.

#410 Racer.Demon

Racer.Demon

• 1,705 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 22:01

Count me in!

#411 Henk A. Hazelaar

Henk A. Hazelaar

• 187 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 22:41

Yes I will be there !

#412 Frank de Jong

Frank de Jong

• 1,805 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:57

Of course I will attend too, I'll try to join the optional dinner.

Edited by Frank de Jong, 03 March 2013 - 10:57.

#413 Henri Greuter

Henri Greuter

• 4,763 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 13:59

Have to work that day. But....
Is there someone living in the Amsterdam Area going by own car and looks for someone to split the fuel costs with?
I work in the WTC area.....

Henri

#414 lustigson

lustigson

• 4,751 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 22:12

Have to work that day. But....
Is there someone living in the Amsterdam Area going by own car and looks for someone to split the fuel costs with?
I work in the WTC area.....

I expect to drive to Apeldoorn from Bilthoven, Utrecht. I work just shy of the train station, so if you have any means to get to Bilthoven by public transport, I'd be more than happy to give you a ride for the remainder of the trip. And we'll likely be able to work out something for the way back, too.

#415 Frank de Jong

Frank de Jong

• 1,805 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:34

Henri, I'm pretty sure I work in Diemen that day; I plan to leave from there about 16:30-16:45; I could pick you up at metro station Diemen Zuid or Verrijn Stuartweg - if you can make it that early.

#416 sonar

sonar

• 166 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 18:40

Henri, I can pick you up if you like.
I can borrow my mother's car and I live in Zaandam so it's pretty much on my route.
I'll just have to circle around Amsterdam... :)

#417 Henri Greuter

Henri Greuter

• 4,763 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:56

to Lustigson, Sonar, Frank,

Thanks to all of you.
I think the most convenient option for me, that avoids any detour for anyone will be that I team up with Frank at his place.
Good to know there is so much solidarity and helping hands out here.

Frank I'll be in touch with you how to make sure I'll be there in time and where to meet.

See all of you.

Henri

#418 René de Boer

René de Boer

• 400 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:59

So, just as a quick reminder of Wednesday's upcoming Dutch TNF gathering, here a status update.

The following people have announced their presence:

on the website:
- Christiaan Lustig
- Mattijs Diepraam
- Frank de Jong (+ dinner)
- Henri Greuter (+ dinner)
- sonar (?)

by e-mail:
- Gijs van Beusekom
- Hans van der Blij
- Arjan de Roos

- Henk Hazelaar (+ dinner)
- René de Boer (+ dinner)

by telephone, in person or otherwise:
- Ed Heuvink (+ diner)
- Henk Wagenaar Hummelink (+dinner)
- Rick Winkelman
- Gerrie Hoekstra (no dinner)
- Bart-Jan Keizer

presence intended, but not certain:
- Caju ter Kuile
- Frits van Eldik
- Henk Vasmel

Looking forward to seeing all of you on Wednesday!

#419 Frank de Jong

Frank de Jong

• 1,805 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:04

Paul Kooyman will try to be there too, but will join a little later.

Advertisement

#420 lustigson

lustigson

• 4,751 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:15

15 people confirmed. Sounds great. Looking forward to it!

#421 sonar

sonar

• 166 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 16:47

I'll be there too.
My parents own a holiday home near Apeldoorn, so I'll probably be there all day anyway.
I'll be there for diner too.
I've never had diner with so many men before... :lol:

Christiaan, remind me to give you that videotape. Hope your video player is still operable... :well:

Edited by sonar, 29 March 2013 - 16:49.

#422 Jan-Bart

Jan-Bart

• 28 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:20

I'm sorry guys I'm unable to attend this time.
Better luck next time.

Rgds
Jan-Bart

#423 lustigson

lustigson

• 4,751 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 17:20

I'll probably make it in time for dinner after all. No problem, I hope?

#424 Frank de Jong

Frank de Jong

• 1,805 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 17:28

Paul Kooyman has decided to leave work a little earlier to be able to attend dinner, so if there's no room at the main table you might have a dinner for two :rotfl:

#425 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 7,639 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 17:45

Pleased to see that you will be having such a large turnout. Have a great evening - and be sure to post some photos :up:

#426 lustigson

lustigson

• 4,751 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 18:14

Paul Kooyman has decided to leave work a little earlier to be able to attend dinner, so if there's no room at the main table you might have a dinner for two :rotfl:

:clap:

#427 Henri Greuter

Henri Greuter

• 4,763 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:02

I'll probably make it in time for dinner after all. No problem, I hope?

No problem, there will be an open spot tonight
Don't know how Ii got it or why but I'm at home and will remain in bed with a 39.3 fever and that's no condition to go to work or to an evening meeting.
I must cancel, I am very sorry for that.

But I'm certain it wll be a good time anyway.
Yet I regret to miss it....

Have fun everyone.

Greetings,

Henri

#428 lustigson

lustigson

• 4,751 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 13:26

Beterschap, Henri. It is with reluctance that I claim your spot.

#429 Henri Greuter

Henri Greuter

• 4,763 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 16:18

Beterschap, Henri. It is with reluctance that I claim your spot.

Bedankt: And don't feel reluctant.

Moet je nu via deze weg (i.p.v. mondeling) vragen: kun je me een PM met je email adres sturen? Heb je iets buiten het forum om te vragen.

Henri

#430 Frank de Jong

Frank de Jong

• 1,805 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:54

Last nights' meeting was enjoyable as ever. A few late-moment absentees limited the group to 12, of which most took dinner. Henk had arranged for a meeting room after dinner, which made this meeting look very professional indeed, with a flipover and (paper) notepads. Below a picture from the meeting:

Posted Image

From left to right:
Ed Heuvink
René de Boer
Paul Kooyman
Ilja Moore
Wim Oude Weernink - this rather famous Dutch motor journalist was a welcome new face
Gijs van Beusekom
Matthé IJzerman
Mattijs Diepraam (straight from Chimay)
Henk Hazelaar (thanks for organizing the meeting!)
Christiaan Lustig
Henk Wagenaar Hummelink - another new face, automotive writer and ex-pilot; take a look at his NSU here (top left)
There's one missing who was behind the camera.

We decided to take turns in telling about the last book on racing we read, and there were surprisingly many on racing before WW2 or even WW1. And of course we talked about the good old days when everything was just so much better!
Great evening; next meeting will be on November 20.

Edited by Frank de Jong, 04 April 2013 - 09:26.

#431 Arjan de Roos

Arjan de Roos

• 2,086 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 09:08

I am really regretting missing this great meeting at last moment. Looks like you all fully enjoyed the meet. :up:

Thanks for the pic Frank! CU on the next lap!

#432 Henri Greuter

Henri Greuter

• 4,763 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:03

Another person over here who curses virusses of every kind.....

Henri

#433 lustigson

lustigson

• 4,751 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 13:18

Thanks for, again, a wonderful evening, lady and gentlemen. Hope to see all of you — including the people who weren't able to attend — again toward the end of the year.

#434 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 7,639 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 17:42

Glad to hear that you all had a great evening, and nice to be able to put faces to the names - thanks for the pic, Arjan. Nice to hear that the topics of conversation are much as discussed the world over and delighted to see that Henk, as the organiser, raises the standard by being the only one wearing a suit and tie :up:

The surroundings look decidedly more 'upmarket' than the venues used for the Northern TNF meetings.

#435 Frank de Jong

Frank de Jong

• 1,805 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 21:02

The pic was my pleasure, and you might as well call me Frank :wave:
Do the Northern TNF meetings have female members too? We're so proud of ours :drunk:

#436 Alan Cox

Alan Cox

• 7,639 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 21:10

Do the Northern TNF meetings have female members too? We're so proud of ours :drunk:

Sorry, Frank! I had just read the post from Arjan saying he was sorry to have missed the meeting and typed in his name without thinking.
Yes, we sometimes have up to three ladies accompanying their husbands, but not actual members although we did have 'Condor' attending the Christmas slot-racing meeting last year.

#437 Cavalier53

Cavalier53

• 55 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:09

Now living just a few km from Bill Blydenstein's birth place, sorry I did not manage to attend. I hope to share my collection of 60's/70's pictures next time round.

In the meantime, I stumbled on the ANP (dutch press agency) site containing lots of jems from history. Just search on "raceauto" and you'll find unique professional B&W pictures such as: Chapman court proceedings after he hit a policeman (including Clark showing how the badge was worn), Tyrell's Matra International truck in'68, camera car for the Grand Prix filmings dated 24-7-66, a smoking Gurney Eagle Climax in '66, Brabham with his 40 year old beard and walking can, lots of F2, F1, and yes Frank: touring cars including ETCC.
On a sad note, you can find Wim Loos funaral, and the wrecked cars of Ian Raby and Chris Lambert.

Stewart kissing a woman wearing a head scarf could be highly controversial nowadays:

http://www.geheugenv.../it...ANP01" )/

Have fun surfing!

Jan.

#438 condor

condor

• 11,239 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 15:47

Hi Frank :)

I'm more of a Goodwood regular and reside in East Anglia to boot :D However, I have visited up North to take part in their Kilton GP.

It was good fun and I might venture up there again :)

#439 lustigson

lustigson

• 4,751 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:03

Any one of the Dutch TNF-ers going to the Historic Grand Prix at Zandvoort, on 30 August through 1 September?

I'm thinking about going — wife and kids won't come with me this year, though — and it would be nice to meet up with some people.

Advertisement

#440 Frank de Jong

Frank de Jong

• 1,805 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:05

I'm planning to go on Sunday.

#441 domenico

domenico

• 53 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:07

I'll already booked VIP tickets for 2 days. First F1 Spa, then Zandvoort Historic and after that Monza F1.

#442 sonar

sonar

• 166 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:36

Any one of the Dutch TNF-ers going to the Historic Grand Prix at Zandvoort, on 30 August through 1 September?

I'm thinking about going — wife and kids won't come with me this year, though — and it would be nice to meet up with some people.

Wouldn't it be great if we could join a club and all go together... :lol:

#443 Frank de Jong

Frank de Jong

• 1,805 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 21:35

Arjan de Roos and myself will be there on Sunday.

#444 sonar

sonar

• 166 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 22:31

I usually have to work on Sunday mornings but I found out today that I got this weekend off so I may go too.

I don't really feel like going alone so if anybody here would like some female companionship...  ;)

#445 lustigson

lustigson

• 4,751 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 20:20

We scheduled our next meeting on Wednesday 20 November, but I have bought concert tickets for that very evening. (I know, I shouldn't have, but there were no suitable alternative dates.)

If I were the only one who's not available, it's no problem, but should there be others who would prefer a different date, I'd be all for a different date.

#446 René de Boer

René de Boer

• 400 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 13:48

Meanwhile, I have arranged my travel plans for Macau, and I will return on November 20th, early in the morning. Therefore, technically, I could attend the meeting, but I can't guarantee I won't fall asleep... So my proposal would be to do it one day later, November 21st, which hopefully doesn't clash with concerts or whatever else. I will ask Henk if he would be so kind to book the location again.

#447 lustigson

lustigson

• 4,751 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 14:24

I'm all for that!

#448 Henri Greuter

Henri Greuter

• 4,763 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 15:02

I'm all for that!

Have I missed the announcment where and when?

Henri

#449 sonar

sonar

• 166 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 15:34

I will be there. No concerts of any kind that day.

What time are we expected to be there?

#450 René de Boer

René de Boer

• 400 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 17:03

Have I missed the announcment where and when?

Henri

Well, during our last meeting, we more or less agreed on Nov. 20. But as the date is getting closer, it seems to give some complications. So now we are aiming for Nov. 21., again at 'De Cantharel' in Apeldoorn. But nothing official yet, keep you posted.