Photo

Fittipaldi FA6

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 fattogatto

fattogatto

• 85 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 00:09

Some time ago a 1979 Fittipaldi FA6 was on the block in the U.K. Does anyone know where this car went? Was it sold? Is it still available?

Thanks,

Advertisement

#2 Jordan191

Jordan191

• 7,264 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 00:14

Admins?

This thread 4 2 TNF?

#3 Marcel Schot

Marcel Schot

• 5,459 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 10:25

TNF might indeed give a better chance for a reaction.

#4 Amazin

Amazin

• 80 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 20:53

I believe it should be the Fittipaldi F6A, a crap car, according to Emerson. It was a revised version of the F6 that I guess that only ran on South Africa, but it's chassis was as stiff as a slice of cheese.

The F6A was hastly revamped on top of the F6, but it was as bad as it's parent chassis. The team decided to use the sucessful F5A for most of the season, slightly adapted for ground effects, but this was also a disaster.

1979 was so terrible for the Fittipaldis that they only scored one single point, Copersucar stopped to lend them money and the team hit rock bottom. 1980 were marginally better, with Skol sponsoring (way less money than Copersucar) and running with ex-Wolf cars.

Carlao

#5 Fittipaldif6a

Fittipaldif6a

• 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 13:06

Hello all Fittipaldi Fans
The F6a Chassis nr 1 stay now 10 years in Germany.Go on www.F1-Vermietung.de and you can see the nicest of all build Copersucars

#6 CSGPR

CSGPR

• 221 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 19:19

I believe that this is exactly the same picture which was used in the advert last year when the car was for sale. And it indicated that the car was in the UK. I think the price was 46.000£ without the Cosworth DFV.

So I’m a bit surprised that the car is in Germany. Is there anybody who knows where in Germany 35274 Kirchhain is?

best regards

How is the DN9B doing.

#7 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 20:06

Originally posted by CSGPR
Is there anybody who knows where in Germany 35274 Kirchhain is?

Microsoft AutoRoute knows

in the rectangle Siegen / Kassel as northern points
and Wetzlar / Bad Hersfeld as southern points

#8 Gary C

Gary C

• 5,571 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 21:00

We used to have an ex-Emerson 'Fittipaldi' race in the TGP a few years ago, I saw it damaged at Donington in 1999, haven't seen it since, same car??

#9 yasmin

yasmin

• 92 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 01:29

I believe that this is exactly the same picture which was used in the advert last year when the car was for sale. And it indicated that the car was in the UK. I think the price was 46.000£ without the Cosworth DFV.

So I’m a bit surprised that the car is in Germany. Is there anybody who knows where in Germany 35274 Kirchhain is?

best regards

How is the DN9B doing.

Not sure if the car is in Germany..it's also listed here

http://www.racecarwa...o.uk/frames.htm in the UK.

#10 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 02:57

Originally posted by yasmin

Not sure if the car is in Germany..it's also listed here

http://www.racecarwa...o.uk/frames.htm in the UK.

It'llprobably be advertised all over the place wherever it ACTUALLY is

#11 isynge

isynge

• 76 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 12:03

Is there anybody who knows where in Germany 35274 Kirchhain is?

Google Maps has it here

Enjoy.

#12 CSGPR

CSGPR

• 221 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 19:01

Thank you isynge :up:

It will be about 8 houres drive from my place in Denmark. I will send the guys a mail. I hopefully I will be able to go there.

best regards.

#13 Arjan de Roos

Arjan de Roos

• 2,583 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 22:03

Originally posted by Fittipaldif6a
Hello all Fittipaldi Fans
The F6a Chassis nr 1 stay now 10 years in Germany.Go on www.F1-Vermietung.de and you can see the nicest of all build Copersucars

Around 1987-1990 I saw a Fittipaldi F6 both in the Hockenheimring museum and later in the Technik Museum in Sinsheim. Maybe it is longer in Germany?

#14 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 10:10

http://public.fotki....ittipaldi-fd01/

FD01 pics here if you are interested

#15 Bonde

Bonde

• 1,072 posts

Posted 22 February 2007 - 23:28

Interesting photo link, Marc!

Apart from the two Fittipaldi single seaters (FD01 and Fitti-Vé), there are some interesting specials, classics, and a pretty little DKW-powered Formula Junior I'd never seen before.

I wonder if there's any connection between the Brazilian Formula Super Vee marque Polar and the Australian Polar Formula Vee marque?

I must admit I have a weak spot for both the FD01 and the FA6 in their original guises. Both were refreshingly different, original and very handsome in their own way - I can still sense the visual impact of when I first saw them presented when looking at these photos (sneak preview at "our own" Remi Humbert's www.Gurneyflap.com) . Of course, neither worked well at all initially, and only slightly better when modified beyond recognition into mongrels. Kudos to Wilsonho for having FD01 restored to near-original guise - only the original pull-rod front suspension seems to be missing. Handsome cars in original guises that didn't work seemed to be a Fittipaldi speciality...

Now, if anyone has some pictures of the FA6 in its original form sans bodywork...

#16 macoran

macoran

• 3,989 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 00:20

FD01 has a weak spot with me as well, if only for the suave rear bodywork treatment.
Just like the Ensign Mo Nunn built for Ricky von Opel, one of the few F1 cars with a "real" rear-end !!
In 1975 FD01 was modified for every race. I have only one pic which actually shows the noodle size
pull rods. The other 1975 shots are all with outboard coil-overs, (they were actually already called FD02/FD03 if I am not mistaken)
I'll have to dig deep to find an original FD01 suspension layout piccie.
It's on my to do list.

The DKW F Jr is a beaut isn't it?
The Polar conection ?? I wouldn't dare say....

#17 Bonde

Bonde

• 1,072 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 09:38

I just realised that Ibsen, the source of the intersting Brazilian pictures, is in fact a new TNF member - as Ibsenop.

Welcome aboard, Ibsen (a Danish name?), and thanks for sharing all those interesting pictures!