Photo

Ferrari factory driver postcards ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 BANZAI

BANZAI

• 100 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 15:47

I need some help and am hoping that someone out there may point me in the right direction.

I am trying to locate on the web some kind of database for the driver postcards that Ferrari would send out to fans.

I believe that they started producing these in the 50's to date, is there a definitive list of all they produced out there somewhere ?

Thanks in anticipation for any help .

Cheers
Rob

Edited by BANZAI, 04 October 2013 - 05:47.

Advertisement

#2 BANZAI

BANZAI

• 100 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 19:26

Cheers for that Irvine 99 .
Is there any kind of official list by Ferrari or one of the Ferrari clubs that have the reference numbers to the postcards?

Thanks in anticipation.

Rob

#3 pilota

pilota

• 249 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 14:56

I need some help and am hoping that someone out there may point me in the right direction.

I am trying to locate on the web some kind of database for the driver postcards that Ferrari would send out to fans.

I belive that they started producing these in the 50's to date, is there a definitive list of all they produced out there some ware ?

Cheers
Rob

Well Rob didn't seem to get much response, but maybe a few years later? Who knows?
Anyway, I would like to hear from any other TNFers who collect, or know about these cards, especially the early b/w cards.
Thanks
Nathan

#4 Arjan de Roos

Arjan de Roos

• 2,583 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 15:32

This is a wide field of collecting I guess. As a boy EF of course wanted to become an opera singer or a racing driver or a journalist. As we know he went on to become the middle one. But he understood well that communication was important when he started to run the Scuderia. Since 1929 a vast selection of factory prints have been published: books, magazines, posters, leaflets, brochures, etc. Large and small. After the war that was accelerated.

I know that when you wrote to the Scuderia around 1949 - 1955, you would receive reply. Often a year book or indeed a post card was send. The post cards had been drawn by hand and depicted driver faces (E.g. il quattro assi). Mostly those cards had been signed by Ascari, Villoresi, Farina, Serafini, etc.

Don't know of any site cataloging all. There have been attempts to list all official Ferrari prints, but I think these focus on the press books and sales brochures.
Of course Ferrari released post cards, but what to think of Shell, Goodyear, Agip, Marlboro, Brembo, etc...

A good link is from this Belgian collector:
www.ferraricollection.eu
Enjoy!

Oh and check out the post card section!

Edited by Arjan de Roos, 21 January 2011 - 15:40.

#5 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,324 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 15:40

I belive that they started producing these in the 50's to date, is there a definitive list of all they produced out there some ware ?

Cheers
Rob

Banzai

just to start somewhere

http://de.v12books.c...i...List&cat=23
He has just 12 postcards, but...

Michael

#6 Arjan de Roos

Arjan de Roos

• 2,583 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 15:41

Yes, and there are more specialized shops that sell post cards. Especially the ones on Ferrari literature.

Edited by Arjan de Roos, 21 January 2011 - 15:41.

#7 René de Boer

René de Boer

• 402 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 15:42

An online list of all Ferrari's numbered factory publications can be found here

These publications include the driver post cards, but of course, not all the cards that have been issued over the years had a print number as numbering only started in 1965. Well, at least it is a start.

#8 Tuboscocca

Tuboscocca

• 1,324 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 15:45

Yes, and there are more specialized shops that sell post cards. Especially the ones on Ferrari literature.

i.e

http://www.maranello...1e6d39d002799d7

44 postcards..

Micheal